Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Want a bigger butt?! HOP OIL.

Powder has more surface area, because of that it acts stronger than the whole herb, if its fresh. The whole herb is also good. Extract has the potential to be the best, but it depends on the quality of the extract. Extract is if you want liquid form, or if the important plant chemicals are fat soluble. If an herb has chemicals soluble in fats, 50% alcohol extract is good to make use of those ingredients. Other herbs are better as extracts, as hot water can help extract the chemicals from the herb. It depends on the website's recommendation for a particular herb what the best methods to take it are, or some trial and error for each herb. A liquid vs an alcoholic extract may have different effects for the same herb. An extract is good way to take an herb sublingual-ly.

Extracting an herb from powdered form gets more ingredients out of it, then you can still use the remaining powder. The whole flower has oils that can absorb through your skin actually. You have more options with the whole herb, then you can ground it up. Extract usually costs hundreds of times more, and its far more economical to make your own extract or tea.

(29-06-2014, 05:11 AM)Diannette Wrote:  so i took this photo yesterday, but didn't have time to post it. different angle, if anyone is interested

i realize it's still a small butt Big Grin compared to what other ppl want to achieve, but it's not that bad as it was my whole life. i plan to use hops for a loooong time, to mantain the result and especially because i have high testosterone. (i'm also doing squats+mini stair stepper, 3 cups of spearmint tea a day, and licorice root tea).
Very nice and shapely. I might try hop oil. Did you use hop leaf or the extract?

She put hops in olive oil, and heated it. What she called boiling, I think the water particles inside the oil boiled. At a higher temperature, olive oil smokes, not boils, and you don't want it to smoke, because that makes it toxic. I'd say don't heat it over 200degrees F, and only do it for a short period of time. You can see the this on the first page(s) of this thread.

Likely the leaf or powder, and made her own infusion, which is technically also an extract.

(08-07-2014, 06:42 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  She put hops in olive oil, and heated it. What she called boiling, I think the water particles inside the oil boiled. At a higher temperature, olive oil smokes, not boils, and you don't want to smoke it, because that makes it toxic. I'd say don't heat it over 200degrees F, and only do it for a short period of time. You can see the this on the first page(s) of this thread.

Likely the leaf or powder, and made her own infusion, which is technically also an extract.

Thanks

you're welcome.
*making correction to above post

Is taking the hops pills along with the hops oil make it more effective?

(08-07-2014, 09:44 PM)Icandycutie11 Wrote:  Is taking the hops pills along with the hops oil make it more effective?

It can't hurt. It's supposed to be more effective for both topical and ingestion. Pills have a limited amount per serving. With whole or powdered bulk herbs you can take a little more, but not too much.

Oh ok..thanks..I think I'm gonna take some of the pills(at night because they said it was a mild sedative) and mixing 12 oz of powder, 8 oz of Emu Oil, and some of Nature's Gate Tea Tree Calming Lotion because it has some good essential oils that help with circulation.

when you say tea tree oil, I think you meant topically. tea tree is not safe to be ingested. I think you got it right, just making sure.

Yes I meant as in mixing the emu oil and hops together with the tea tree lotion to make a topical cream.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon