Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca

hi ive been reading about maca and can some one tell me plz if organic maca is the same as maca root ,i have 2 bags full of it and was going to bin it Sad thx

'organic' ought to simply be reference to the way in which the plants were grown ie no artificial fertilisers, etc, It says nothing about which part of the plant is in the bag.

Hope this helps

hi pansy,no it doesnt im in uk and bought it online .

Well, I think that it is Maca root that is sold for it's 'medicinal' properties so if you have nothing else to go on that's what I would assume, but I do think the Organic label is irrelevant in respect of what part of the plant it is. OTOH I thought it was normally sold in capsule form not as a bag of loose material, so I really don't know.
There may be others who know more than me.

Mine is a plastic pot with a screw lid, from Mattisson. It contains 300 g of what is known as "maca flour", which is ground root. It is not as fine as flour, more like sand. It works fine. If I put a teaspoon in a glass of water, it does not dissolve, but it wets very easily and spreads through the water, without making lumps. The colour is pinkish, because it's "red maca". There is also yellow and black maca. It tastes like beet root, but it's not sharp like other radishes.

Hi here is a pictures of the maca[/align]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like it's the real thing. And you can easily check: if it is, it should up your mood and libido an hour after taking 1 teaspoon on an empty stomach.

The way it sits against the plastic, below the bottom left of the label, could mean it wasn't completely dry when packed, though. When you first open it, smell it. A beetroot smell is OK, but if it smells moldy, don't use it.

It doesn't say on the label: is it red, yellow, or black maca? And where did you buy this and how was the price? I buy my FG in a 250 g plastic bag, for € 0.93, and everything else I buy in 250 g plastic bags, like fennel, thyme, and black seed, is never above € 2.

The maca, however, I bought in a nice plastic jar with a screw lid from http://www.vanderpigge.nl for € 16.95:
active maca root powder BIO Mattisson 300 g
That's by far the most expensive supplement I'm taking now, and I know it doesn't need to be, because in the peruvian Andes, people bake their tortillas from maca flour Dodgy

hi thx for the replies ,i bought it from
http://macapowder.gojiking.co.uk/

Thanks for the link. Looks like they know what they're doing. Forget my comment about the moldy smell.

Thx isabelle for your replies ,how much do i take ?and will it make me put on weight as i tend to put weight on my stomach first ,i am not looking for a big booty ,but bigger boobs.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon