Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to take Feungreek, etc?

Is it effective if I grind up Fenugreek seeds from the health food store and eat a tsp of the resulting powder every day? Or do I have to boil it into a tea? Or should I not boil, but only use very hot water?

Also, how would I make the Fenugreek and Fennel and oatstraw into a cream? Would I use a cream base, and then mix the ground raw herbs into it? Or would I have to warm the herbs up first in boiling/hot water?

I have no clue!

Hi White Valkyrie,

You can save yourself the grinding. Soak them overnight in water and chew them. I buy them ground as well as whole, and the price difference is negligible. I put a teaspoon (3,000 mg) of ground seeds in milk or cottage cheese with honey.

The topical stinks. It's more bearable if you steep the ground seeds in olive oil for two weeks, and strain.

There are several breast pills containing Feungreek to try as well as creams that all ready have it, save you the hassle of grinding it yourself..Tongue
I also agree with the post above, try boiling it Smile

(29-08-2011, 05:34 PM)Tinatina74 Wrote:  There are several breast pills containing Feungreek to try as well as creams that all ready have it, save you the hassle of grinding it yourself..Tongue
I also agree with the post above, try boiling it Smile

Yeah, but I don't want to buy more expensive extracts and formulas when I can buy the raw material myself.

But thanks! I will try boiling some, and taking some raw. I feel a bit of a swell when I use it, usually. Very small, but definitely noticeable.

Also, how much should I take a day? A teaspoon? A tablespoon? how many times?

Where do you buy fresh fenugreek in the US? I used to use capsules of fenugreek: are they as effective as the fresh herb?
Thanks,
Kelly

A heaped teaspoon of powdered FG is already 3,000 mg. That's more than enough for most people.

Try the asian supermarket.

(03-09-2011, 09:11 AM)Isabelle Wrote:  A heaped teaspoon of powdered FG is already 3,000 mg. That's more than enough for most people.

Try the asian supermarket.

I think you mean una teaspoon each day...

Thank you!

Kelly

Yes, one teaspoon a day.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon