Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM + BCP

I heard that it is not advisable to take PM with birth control pills. Why is it so? Will it reduce the potency of the birth control? I'm currently taking fenugreek, red clover and saw palmetto caps as well as my birth control. Is it bad? Don't want to get pregnant yet!!

phytoestrogens compete for the same receptors sites as the drug. It diminishes the effficacy of the drug.

Blush
Hi everybody~ I'm a lurker for nearly a year but newly registered.I want to thank everybody for their posts and wish them luck on their journeys...
A question that I have not seen answered is this(forgive me if I am wrong)
What about PM/other NBE herbs with vaginal BC such as Nuvaring/Mirena or a copper IUD? Would it be affected the same way or differently? Anybody on these?

Hi

If they are estrogen based, there should be no differnce.

Copper is a different stry

Could they be safer to use with PM because of the centralization of the estrogen?(meaning it does not have to travel all the way through the body to get to its...destination?)
Thinking about getting an IUD..wanted the copper but my Dr. prefers Mirena so kind researching a little. ThanksShy
Mirena - Levonorgestrel
Nuva Ring - Etonogestrel, Ethinyl Estradiol

it gets into the blood stream just a different point of entry and time released delivery system. you want to use PM fine....you tell us if you get pregnant.
Tongue 

Thank you for bringing this up. I have only begun to think about the combination a couple days ago.
I have just ordered PM and waiting for its arrival. However, reading all these posts saying not to be taking BCP, I never thought I was on it, but I am on Mirena...which has gotten to me thinking it may disrupt the cycles or effect of the Mirena. I have looked online quite extensively, but it says nothing about IUD's. I will go forward and hopefully all will go well.
Cool

Tryn2bconfident, this may be of interest to you-
I went to my Dr. yesterday to have Mirena inserted, unfortunately my cervix was too small Dodgy But I did ask him about drug interactions etc. He told me that where the IUD is placed has no vascular supply, the surrounding tissues do and so anything that you inject into your bloodstream/ingest into your stomach should have NO effect on the Mirena...and it also contains NO estrogen. The information leaflet wasn't exactly sure how it workedHuh...seemed perfect..alas not meant to be:s

I have always heard that PM should not be taken if you're on the contraceptive pill. I believe this is standard advice.

hi every body. im ice im new here. i tried pm for more than 6 months now. then i went to the herbalist and told him that it is not working on me. he looked at my fingernails and my tounge and said that i have a problem in my liver. that is the reason why it will not work for me. if it could be corrected, then pm might work.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon