Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Annoying red dots! Arg!

(12-08-2011, 11:03 PM)idreamofD Wrote:  Hi everyone!

Just wondering about the red dots. I've been getting them around the outer edges, and I may have overpumped a bit. Is it safe to keep pumping, just ease up on the pressure? I don't want to do any permanent damage. The spots are light pink and almost gone. They don't seem to last more than a day. Also - I'm new to noogling this week, and I heard this is really common in the beginning. But I read mixed messages where some people pump right through it with no issues, and some people stop for a few days.

I got those same red dots. I used a combo of Emu oil for prep before the pump and a retinoid cream for the morning after. It got rid of the red dots without having to compromise my pressure and swelling. And it made my breast skin so soft and sexy. It also helped my nipples look really firm, soft and pink. Hope this reply helps you Wink

I have been pumping for 2.5 years, and have determined that when I get the occasional red dots or total red hickey breast, it is due to a minor leak, hard to notice and detect. Once I find the leak and fix it, no more red dots regardless of how hard I pump.

Just my experience but also makes sense since I don't get them for months, then one day it happens. Sometimes the leak is very hard to detect. I have learned to recognize that another sign of a leak is a pull on one nipple when I am pumping, from the unequal pressure. If I take the domes off it's inevitable that I have the beginning of redness starting. Others disagree and say it's over pumping, but in my case it is always "overpumping" to compensate for loss of pressure somewhere.

The leak can be a very tiny pinhole in the tubing, or just the padding starting to wear creating a gap. I used to have problems with cracking cups, but they are making them stronger now so it's usually something simple, hard part is locating it.

@Sissy2345 I noticed those unslightly bumps today. Decided I was going to take a break for a few days but what you said made total sense. I was losing suction in the lefty so I kept pumping to make it stick. I did lessen the pressure but perhaps not enough. This is the first of these hickey like marks but I did get 3 red dots the first time I pumped. That was my fault....too excited the first time I noogled. It's good to know I can still pump with these. Anastasia makes a good point also, the dots let her know when she pumps to hard. I believe she also said that she uses high pressure when pumping. I also do. I've been doing very well until this happened this morning. Good info. Thanks for sharing everyone, it really helps.

Well, I haven't gotten any annoying red dots in masses lately, but only a few. However, when I pump, my breasts turn purple, which I have read is a bad sign.

Let me clarify. If I pump without enough pressure, I lose suction, but if I pump with any pressure at all, and it is not uncomfortable in any way, they are purple when I remove the domes. However, the purple color goes away within 30 seconds max, or closer to 15-20 seconds I would say with a little rubbing.

Is this still bad? How can I avoid it??? I definitely do not want to damage my breast tissue and end up shrinking my already small breasts!!

@notsobusty - I am very white (casper the friendly ghost white) and when I pump mine are pretty dark red. I've only truly overpumped once (when I moved up to the XL domes and pumped like usual it was too much). Otherwise now I'm getting the occasional red spot here and there, but from what I've read, that's *pretty* normal unless there are many of them.

I think if you're just pumping enough to keep them on, that's not overpumping. However, if you're pumping to keep them on WHILE doing other things, that could be overpumping. In order to avoid putting too much pressure on too fast, I have to lay on my back while attaching the XLs and wait about ten minutes before I try and sit up. Then my breasts have adjusted and it's fine.

I'd say if you do this and don't feel pain, just a semi-firm pressure, you're ok. Just don't keep them on for more than 2 hours at a time.

Thank you, IdreamofD!!

I only noogle for an hour maximum, sometimes twice a day, and I always do it laying down or relaxing on my bed on this site (it motivates me!)

I'm working on evening out my breasts, as well. My left breast has become noticeably smaller than my right, and it this is a result of growth!! At least I know I have been growing, right? So, I'm glad to know that I seem to be doing okay. It's funny, though. My left breast, the smaller one, noogles "better" than my right, yet it seems to be smaller! Who knows...

If i remember correctly, didn't you have issues with uneven breasts, as well? If so, how has the evening out process been going for you??

It's definitely weird, I have the same thing! My smaller breast noogles better, I have no idea why - and I mean less farting, LOL when I begin. I'd say mine are now *pretty* even - I don't notice the difference much now. My routine is actually:

40 mins morning noogle with the CL cups
40 mins noogle with the XLs directly after

(for twenty to thirty minutes, I noogle the smaller breast with about two -three pumps more than the right and hold the tube closed)

1 hour noogle with the XLs at night (try to do the same thing for 20 mins).

I was about half an inch off I think, and now I have to look for it, so I think this works!

Oh good!! It is good to hear from someone who has corrected this issue!

As my breasts grow, the size difference becomes more and more apparent, so I'm hoping to kick this problem in the butt before it gets worse, so they can grow at the same rate!

I'll take your advice and do what you have done. Thank you!!

I don't want to say it's corrected, because it's only been almost 3 months, but I definitely don't notice it as much, and they seem to be swelling/growing at the same rate. I just noogled tonight and looked in the mirror, and if I look for the asymmetry, I can find it - but it is slighter, and so I think it's working well. Smile

Definitely do - I don't have a clamp or anything, I just lay there or sit up and place my arm over the tube to "close" it and watch the clock while watching TV or whatever. It's really easy, and it's basically what Anastasia did to correct hers, and she says it's gone, so it must work!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon