Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

question about GABA

hi everyone Smile have been reading up about GABA & thinking of adding it to my programme, but I just read somewhere that it's more of an anti-aging thing and recommended for people above 30?? I'm only 18, would it still be okay to take it? :s since it releases HGH, I'm thinking that would help with the breast growth and maybe help me grow taller too Big Grin

I'm currently on fenugreek, taking about 1800mg a day & using it externally as well. definitely felt some twinges! I'm planning to add wild yam as I've heard that works well with fenugreek, & GABA if you guys think it's a good idea Smile

(04-08-2011, 01:03 PM)katie3 Wrote:  hi everyone Smile have been reading up about GABA & thinking of adding it to my programme, but I just read somewhere that it's more of an anti-aging thing and recommended for people above 30?? I'm only 18, would it still be okay to take it? :s since it releases HGH, I'm thinking that would help with the breast growth and maybe help me grow taller too Big Grin

I'm currently on fenugreek, taking about 1800mg a day & using it externally as well. definitely felt some twinges! I'm planning to add wild yam as I've heard that works well with fenugreek, & GABA if you guys think it's a good idea Smile

I would start by taking a low dose and see how it makes you feel because it also releases serotonin a feel-good hormone that is like the opposite of depression, when you have too much serotonin you get sleepy so if you notice that you are getting sleepy easily even with a very low dose GABA it might not be the right thing for you. They also say over 30 because if you are under 20 your body is producing plenty of HGH and it isn't really necessary to take GABA though I don't see or know of any harm taking it before 30 either. I say research more about taking GABA before the age of 30.

I have long since forgotten what it was like to be thirty! When I started NBE I included GABA for all the reasons you've mentioned, but stopped after about 3 months. I have tried it again for a couple of periods subsequently. I can honestly say it made no obvious difference to my slow but steady growth.

Pansy Mae

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon