Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Isabelle or Wahaika, a few questions. Hopefully someone answers this one...

Thank you Gasolinerainbow,

I visit those tables often. Whenever I try an herb that was tested in that publication, my experience matches their data.

This is all very interesting and it makes me wonder whether I should also vary the amounts of herbs I'm taking. I'm closely following Eve M's program (actually today is only the second day) except for flaxseed oil. Is it absolutely necessary that I take flaxseed oil? The capsules are so gigantic that it is so painful to swallow.

Anyways, my main question is, if estrogen should be high from day 1 to two days before ovulation and progestin should be high from two days before ovulate until the first day of period, should I also vary the amounts of herbs I'm taking?

For reference, I'm taking Barley grass- 800mg, Alfalfa- 400mg , Fennel- 400mg, Fenugreek-1800mg, Hops-620mg, Oat seed (aveena sativa)-750mg.
I also drink soy milk daily. I don't drink tea like Eve M did but I do massage with cocoa butter cream mixed with fenugreek extract. It smells nasty but I think adding a bit of fenugreek extract might help.

Also Isabelle, I understand that fenugreek and hops are phytoestrogen. Which herbs are progestin in my program? If it doesn't include progestin, should I add something, like Red Clover? Also, should I decrease the amount of fenugreek and hops from two days before ovulation? What do you say?

I know Eve M didn't vary her program at all and took the same formula for a year and a half but I'm just trying to adjust it to fit me. Any comment is very much appreciated!

Thank you all for your help!!

Hi Beachgirl,

Eve M's program was designed as a continuous program, so you don't need to cycle it. I don't really know whether it would become more efficient if you cycle it.

Fenugreek is not a phyto-estrogen. It is not a phyto-progestin either, but it does increase progesterone. Fennel is the phyto-progestin in the program. Note that it's only 400 mg. That's enough.

The phyto-estrogens are soy, hops, and flax. Since you are not using the flax and only take 620 mg hops, you need to up the soy.

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm taking 620mg of hops before going to bed, and I know Eve M took 1800 mg per day. I read that hops may cause depression so I would like to take time increasing it's dosage and see what it does to my mood.
Instead of increasing hops all the way to 1800mg (since it may cause you to be sleepy?), how about if I add PM from day 1 to two days before ovulation instead of adding flaxseed or increasing soy?

Thanks!!

Hi beachgirl,

I don't know. Only Hanah.k and Dargona have experience with hops and PM together.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon