Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Confused about people's growth on herbs

Confused about people's growth on herbs
June 27 2009 at 6:16 PM Melanie (Login Melanie4kids)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading through the posts for a while and I'm confused by what some people claim to have grown or what they say they want to grow to. I don't understand how anyone can change their band size through massage and herbs. That's just the size of your rib cage, right? It seems to me it would be no different than trying to increase the size of your wrists for some reason. I guess you could make it bigger if you gained a lot of weight, but wouldn't that make your cup size appear smaller? Or maybe people are building muscles across their backs?

My band size has changed depending on pregnancy but that was only because my ribs actually did expand to give the babies room and when the babies came out, my ribs went back into place. Are people just wearing bras the wrong size? My band size is a 30 and I have no desire to increase it in actuality. I do have some 32s I wear because 30s are so hard to find, but they don't fit as well and ride up. I think if I gained some boobage that the 32s may fit a little better but that still wouldn't be the size I should wear. Is there something I'm missing about people increasing band size, and why would you want to as it would make the gains in your cup seem less noticeable?

Author Reply

Mel C
(Login mcovert) Re: Confused about people's growth June 27 2009, 7:20 PM

Hi,Melanie.It can be very confusing.Most people do just want to gain in cup sizes,or go up in cup sizes.But,sometimes you do gain a little extra meat(fat) around your ribs due to the ribs being so close to the breast.But I think in most people's cases,such as mine,is that they grow outward.For instance,in high school and a couple years after I was a 36C.I was actually a smaller pant size back then,but my boobs were pretty huge compared to my frame.So,after major weight loss due to stress,and after having a total of 3 babies,I went down a band and a cup,to a 34B.I was a loose 34B when starting NBE this time.I am now very,very full and ample 34B,but I can wear 34C with no padding and it actually supports me,as I now have something there to support.
So,I want to go back up to a 36C.I still have some growing out to do.The fuller you are and the more volume you get,it will also change your band size.That is why there is usually 2-3 hooks on a bra band.The last part to grow is the tops of breasts and them growing out.Does that make any sense? It does to me.Also,I tried on 32C bras and they fit perfect in the band,but not the cup.I have tried some that fit really well,but where I am from,they are more expensive as you just cannot find that size commonly here.The 32B's crush and push them together TOO much,making them look awkward,but flattens them from the side view and that is not the look I am going for.
I think that it all depends on how people like there bras to fit.It really is individual and personal.Like I said,I want back into my 36C-----they were massive,but I will settle for a very full 34C/small D.Not there yet,but on my way.

milani
(Login millanii)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Confused about people's growth June 28 2009, 6:58 PM

hi, ive noticed some odd posts on here to do with band size i think alot of women just dont understand how bra sizes work and people need to be educated much more on this, for example most of my friends and family thought that a D cup is a D cup and they were all the same size regardless of what band you wore and ive had to explain to them that the cup size also varies with the band size. In my opinion more advice should be given to girls at school on this matter and there would be much less confusion. Smile

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Confused about people's growth June 28 2009, 10:29 PM

I agree that the band size issue is mostly a matter of confusion, but some women are sort of an in between band size. I know you can use the different hooks to increase or decrease the band on each bra, but as stated already the cup size is quite different between band sizes.

So let's say a woman was in between 34 and 36, but she has very little breast tissue. She would choose a 34 band because the cups are smaller. If she is successful with NBE she could easily switch band sizes due to the increase in her breast volume. - However, this would probably only account for a few of these posts.

The other thing that makes things confusing is all the different methods of arriving at band/cup size. I think for many women a measurement under the breast and then across each breast individually gives a better idea of what cup size to use.

And let's not forget just how screwed up the bra makers have made this issue. There really is no standard size out there. One brands B cup is another brands C cup. It is all just a matter of finding something that fits.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Haley
(Login prettypurplekao) Take a look at this June 30 2009, 7:10 PM

Melanie, I'm not sure if this addresses your question or if it will help, but I hope women do realize there is a big difference between band size and cup size! Please look here http://www2.victoriassecret.com/braguide...rfnbr=5373

if you refer to the diagram on measuring band size you measure it above the breast. You measure your bust size (and can figure your cup size) by actually measuring around your back and on top of your nipples. For instance, my band measurement is 29" and my bust measurement around then nipple is 31" ( I actually was a 30 but have grown an inch Big Grin). I can fill out a B bra pretty well so from the instructions on the VS site it's pretty accurate for me. There is 2" of difference which will generally make me a B. I hope the diagram helps. Unless the women you are referring to are actually talking about trying on bras (and not measuring with a tape), I am sure they actually are referring to their bust size increasing. I have had no increase in my ban size at least, but even as I measure a 29" I can't find anything smaller than 32Bs so that is what I wear and they fit well on the smallest notch.

Some women may want to try measuring with a tape measure above the bust then around the breast to find out if they need to be increasing their band size or if they actually need to be moving up a cup size. Smile

happy2try
(Login happy2try) Re: Confused about people's growth June 30 2009, 7:28 PM

I'm glad this subject came up, because it prompted me to actually measure myself and use one of the online sites to figure out truly what bra size I am. The disappointing thing is I thought I was a 34A, but turns out I'm a 34AA. Sad NBE, here I come!

milani
(Login millanii)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Confused about people's growth June 30 2009, 8:51 PM

happy2try
Dont believe everything they say! each site tells you differently i can be anything from an A cup to a DD cup but my true size is a 32C. Your better off just trying bras on Smile

Haley
(Login prettypurplekao) Re: Confused about people's growth July 1 2009, 5:00 PM

Milani is right. Most sites will even warn you that your result is typical/general, every woman is different. It's just a coincidence that the VS is right about my size in this instance. BUT, according to the site, when I was only 30" I would have worn an A, which is a no way. I still wore a B so you do have to try on bras and just use these sites as a general idea of what you may be!

happy2try
(Login happy2try) Re: Confused about people's growth July 1 2009, 6:28 PM

Oh, wow! Thanks, ladies! I thought about going to JCPenny's to have an actual bra fitting before I start my NBE program. But, as we all know, it's kind of embarrassing/depressing. I've already taken three "before" pictures, and now I'm just waiting on a shipment of eBay PM.

Vegangirl
(no login) Re: Confused about people's growth July 2 2009, 6:16 PM

I used to work at Victoria's Secret and if you measure yourself under your armpits above your bust, that will be your band size. Then you measure across your bust, a 1 inch difference is an A cup, 2 inch a B cup, and so on. You should also try bras on, as a 34B equals a 36A, 34C equals a 36B in the cup area. Meaning if someone is 36B and you have the exact same size breasts but a smaller back, then you would probably be a 34C because your breasts are bigger on your body. This is easier to explain verbally. Also, beware of salespeople who measure you, because although they are taught how to do it properly, many employees in my store gave wrong measurements. Good Luck Smile
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon