Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is it a bad idea to take 12 different supplements a day?

Is it a bad idea to take 12 different supplements a day? I'm 26 and smoke and drink if that factors in at all. I've heard about so many herbal supplements that I bought them all. But I don't want to overdo it. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Also, the first night I too only some I experienced bleeding skin to menstruation, however my period ended only a week or so ago. My last question is herbal supplementation that has to always be maintained?

*Not skin. akin.

(13-05-2011, 06:51 PM)MissDrew Wrote:  Is it a bad idea to take 12 different supplements a day?

No, 12 supplements a day isn't that many and there's no problem there. The thing you have to look at is quantities. The question you should be asking is whether the quantities you're taking are too much, not whether the number of supplements is too much. Hope this helps.

What do you think is the ideal quantity of supplements. Also, as I'm new to this whole thing, I'm curious about other's experience. What has yours been? How long have you been doing it? How old are you? I'm 26. Sorry if I'm being nosy. Well, thanks for that information.

Hi MissDrew,
you should tell us WICH supplements you bought if you're looking for detailed answer. Don't forget to look into the personal program section too, where girls are sharing their try, you often can read about dosage errors and changements.
Good luck !

I bought Saw Palmetto, Maca, Kelp, Senna, Marshmallow, Red Raspberry Leaves, Passion Flower, Red Clover Blossoms and Milk Thistle for pills. All the pills are about 300-400 mg. I bought Dandelion, Black Cohosh Root and Dong Quai Root for liquid extracts. I am taking approximately 2-3 pills a day. I always use Saw Palmetto and mix up the other 1-2 pills. I am about ready to start my new birth control but then I got my second period in one month after the first day of trying these supplements. I also bought some lavender spike essential oil and a cocoa butter lotion for massage. I felt a little out of whack the first couple of days but feel fine now. I'm also on Lorazepam. I'm doing quite a bit of research but there is so much information. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wahaika is the best at suggesting dosages. He factors in a lot of different things. Like height, weight, children, size during BF, size after BF, current size, all sorts of things. You should really try to start a program page, and tell us what you think you will want to start with, and then others can jump in and offer suggestions or opinions.

My personal opinion, start with a few personally selected herbs, then add them slowly until you get growing pains, or tingles. Taking so many kinds from the get go might hinder your progress. You might end up taking something that your body doesn't need, and therefor suppresses growth....then you have 12 herbs to weed through to try to seek it out. I started with just saw palmetto, multivitamin, and cranberry, then slowly added about every 3 or 4 days another herb. I found that the fennel was having negative effects on my tingles, and stopped taking it. I believe I have hit a stall pattern, and am awaiting Wahaika's wisdom on where I go from here.

I also noticed that there wasn't a multivitamin listed. Everyone recommends a good multivitamin, and Wahaika recommends at least 50mcg of Vitamin B complex. I bought the one a day from Puritan'spride.com. You can read the label right on the website, so you know your getting what you need.

Best advice, keep reading. Especially the programs page. A lot of women are detailed and thorough....which helps new people immensley. There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum if you read.

I would suggest to get supplement that is formulated for few functions. This way you don't have to take too much of them. In addition to that, u should find out what health problem you have. Get the supplement cater for that problem. Then find out the correct diet just for health maintenance. Serious 12 supplements are too much. That will make you over dependent or may be overdose.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon