Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herbs and acne

Hi everyone! I have been doing hypnosis and massage for awhile and have been thinking of adding herbs to tmy plan. However, I suffer from constant acne on my face. I'm on birth control for it and on other topical medications prescribed from the derm. I used to get huge ones on my chin on a regular basis (hormonal?) but I haven't had those in quite awhile - only when I'm really stressed out. Are there any herbs for breast enlargement that would be less likely to break me out? Are there any that actually improve skin???

Thanks so much! Smile

(04-05-2011, 01:49 AM)Hopingforthebest Wrote:  Are there any that actually improve skin???

Most of the herbs used for breast enhancement will generally improve skin, but different people react to different things in different ways, especially depending on their hormonal balance. So it's impossible to be sure that any herb or herbs will benefit your skin, even if they are supposed to be helpful. Take fenugreek for example which is said to be an anti-acne herb - some people say it improved their acne but some say it seemed to make their acne worse.

I was suffering from acne as a teenager and still have it as an adult at the age of 30! I believe it is hormonal since it got really bad during pregnancy and after birth when I introduced solids to my baby so my body had to produce less milk and therefore there were some changes in hormone levels (according to my GN). My acne has cleared within a few days after taking saw palmetto! I started with 2x320 mg of SP extract, then increased it to 3x320 but then reduced it to 1x320 per day since I started using PM cream and was advised that I should stop taking herbs. I am terrified to stop taking SP as I love my skin at the moment. You have to be careful with certain herbs. As soon as I started taking fish oil, my acne returned and then I read that it increases testosterone levels so if you need to include it to your program it is better to use flaxseed oil instead since it reduces testosterone. As soon as I stopped taking the fish oil my skin has cleared again. I saw posts from people who got acne from borage oil and from those who cleared their acne with evening primrose oil. Also, pueraria mirifica is supposed to be very good for skin but you are not supposed to take it internally if you are on birth control (will make it ineffective).

(04-05-2011, 11:38 AM)luisa Wrote:  As soon as I started taking fish oil, my acne returned and then I read that it increases testosterone levels so if you need to include it to your program it is better to use flaxseed oil instead since it reduces testosterone. As soon as I stopped taking the fish oil my skin has cleared again.

Oh my! I've been taking fish oil forever. I wonder if thats been making my skin worse?

I'm on birth control only for improved skin and period, so I'm ok if it's not effective at preventing pregnancies. Is it safe to combine pueraria mirifica and birth control other than that? Thanks for all the help, both of you!

Also, where do you recommend buying herbs from online?

From what I have read so far it is fine to combine PM and bc. Though it appears that PM taken internally may interfere with your birth control (but as far as I understand bc does not make PM less effective but of course I may be wrong). PM capsules are very strong and therefore should be taken only during the first half of your cycle in order not to mess up your hormones.

I live in Germany and I get the supplements (MSM, gelatine) from pharmacies. I buy my PM cream from Biovea, Germany, at the moment.

I will try to find and post links to the posts regarding the fish oil and also birth control and PM I was talking about.

taking saw palmetto and fenugreek tea while taking diane35. are there any side effects.? i also want to take fenugreek and saw palmetto to enhance my breast size but im scared because i read a lot of comments about those while taking diane. do i have to stop diane for me to take fenugreek and saw palmetto? or i can take both?

@Hopingforthebest:
Ok, I have found those threads now. It looks like it would be better for your to replace fish oil with flaxseed oil:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=7774&highlight=%22flaxseed+oil%22
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=59&page=4

@shop-a-holic30:
There are a lot of people who take birth control together with herbs, however, I have read that high doses of herbs can make the birth control less effective, I do not know if this is true though. I can not say anything specific about diane35. If you are not sure perhaps it would be better to start using a different birth control method. I am on yasmin and have read here that it is one of the best ones for NBE. I have been taking SP for almost two month and took FG in the past as well without any problems.

Thanks for all the help! The links were very informative. I'm still thinking of taking PM and birth control together because I am not using birth control to avoid pregnancies. I'm nervous about combining them because they are both synthetic hormones, but this is really important to me (as many women on this site). I'll try to do some reading about the first half of the cycle information though because that might influence me to go with other herbs because I don't like the idea of not taking anything for two weeks.

Thanks again and best luck and wishes with your own NBE journey!

I think there are lots of women who took PM internally whilst on bc. You can by the way use PM cream during the second half of your cycle or use the cream on its own without capsules on a daily basis. According to another use of this forum, some studies showed that the cream is more effective and in my view it is safer than capsules. This is what I do and it is working for me. I am also on birth control.

Good luck to you too whichever NBE method you chose!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon