Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Delayed period from using PM??

Anyone experienced this? My period was late for 8 days when I upped my PM dosage to 600 mg. I've never been this late ever...I've always been regular, and the only time I never had my periods was when I was pregnant, and the six months after having my babies when I nursed. Otherwise, I have not missed a single cycle.

I stopped PM 3 days after I missed my period and I havn't started taking it again.

If you experienced this and went to take PM again, what did you do? Did you cycle as in taking PM the 1st 15 days only of your cycle??

I guess you forgot to stop taking PM 7 days before your period. In fact you can stop 7 days before and start taking them again few days after your period has started or wait till it's over and then start again.

I take mine for about 21 days per month and did not have any problems with my period but 15 days sounds too short? I had a look at my pack and it says take it for 15 days but on their French website it says you can take it for 21 or every day for the full month if it does not interfere with your cycle.

Here is a quick Google translation of the French website.

"Extra MiroHealth Anne Selene (order No: H1010002-060) Take one or two capsules daily for breakfast and dinner or before bedtime. For women, take the first capsule last day of menstruation and for 21 days. Stop and then repeat the cycle for 1 year before starting periods of consolidation may be a pill a day. You can also take MiroHealth capsules daily if you want to, but it might give you irregular periods"

Hope this helps.

(19-04-2011, 05:40 PM)EvaKo87 Wrote:  I guess you forgot to stop taking PM 7 days before your period. In fact you can stop 7 days before and start taking them again few days after your period has started or wait till it's over and then start again.

I take mine for about 21 days per month and did not have any problems with my period but 15 days sounds too short? I had a look at my pack and it says take it for 15 days but on their French website it says you can take it for 21 or every day for the full month if it does not interfere with your cycle.

Here is a quick Google translation of the French website.

"Extra MiroHealth Anne Selene (order No: H1010002-060) Take one or two capsules daily for breakfast and dinner or before bedtime. For women, take the first capsule last day of menstruation and for 21 days. Stop and then repeat the cycle for 1 year before starting periods of consolidation may be a pill a day. You can also take MiroHealth capsules daily if you want to, but it might give you irregular periods"

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, EvaKo87. I'm going to stop about day 18 of my cycle and see if my next period starts normally. I hate wasting my supplements and I was prepared to take PM for 6 months and see if it will work.

So bummed to have to stop taking PM especially when my hair all of a sudden is now shiny and silky, and also my skin. If PM didn't move my breasts to grow, it sure helped my hair, skin and nails.

The first half of your cycle - this is when you should be taking PM. Not 21 days, not 15 days, just take it from day 1 of your cycle and stop 1-2 days before ovulation. PM has high estrogenic properties. What do you think will happen if you load your body with estrogens (even from plant source) after ovulation? You're going to mess your hormones. Instead of progesterone (the main hormone of the second half of your cycle) it will be loaded with estrogen. Btw, PM also postpones ovulation because there should be a drop in estrogen right before it but there isn't. Ovulation gets postponed further and further and in the end it either doen't happen or it prolongs the cycle (because there should be 14 days after ovulation anyway to complete the cycle).
The process of ovulation is started and controlled by a drop in the hormone estrogen (mostly etradiol) to a low level. When the drop in estrogen levels occurs the hypothalamus (a part of the brain) is signaled to increase its secretion of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) thus sending a message to the pituitary gland to increase its secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). The increase in FSH causes the growth of ten to 20 of the ovarian follicles.

If you only use PM up til 1-2 days before the ovulation (use tests or use BBT charts to find out when you ovulate) then you won't mess your hormones and will be fine. Here's a scary study done on mice.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/f6221184631n82rl/
This is not to scare you but let you know that PM is very powerful and should be taken with causion.

Ginie I'm sure you're right and I'm sure you did copy and paste this from the net but I'm also sure that Pueraria Mirifica does not have Estradiol what so ever in it and no matter if you take 500 or 1000mg it could NEVER be measured with estradiol blood tests because that is just IMPOSSIBLE as it would be like taking an Estradiol test and tell your testosterone levels... So I think that is clear?

Another thing is the "scary" report you found on the net is based on 40-50g mice taking 50, 100 or 1000g Pueraria Mirifica. Now can you try to convert how many KG!!!! Pueraria Mirifica that would be for an adult person?

I'm not saying this to be rude but you're so wrong as wrong can be... Sorry! Tongue

Ginnie, thanks for the comment. Sadly, I stopped PM. I can't take chance right now; I don't want my cycle disrupted in any way. Maybe, in the future I'll tread back into taking PM slowly. I'm thinking of getting a PM cream instead.

Of course there's no estradiol in PM! There're other estrogens in it, some of them are just as potent as estradiol. You are not saying that PM (or any other highly estrogenic herb) actually lowers estrogen, are you? If not then.. maybe it increases estrogen? No?

If estrogen level is too high for the time of ovulation it will postpone or even prevent ovulation. What will happen then? The cycle is messed up, no ovulation - no progesterone from corpus luteum in the luteal phase to balance estrogen. What do we have in the end? Hormonal disbalance. Tricky and not always possible to treat.

It doesn't have to become like that from the start. At first menstruation will get postponed further and further with each cycle. A woman will start experiencing PMS, and all other nice symptoms of hormonal disbalance. It is dangerous to take highly estrogenic herbs (look, I don't say just PM) blindlessly. There're ways to grow boobs without disturbing your reproductive function.

As for the doses - yes, we're not mice. But please show me any study on humans.

It's better to be safe than sorry. There're young girls reading this forum. Maybe lower doses are OK to take throughout the cycle but who is here taking less than 200mg a day? I'm taking PM but I only take it before ovulation and not a crazy dose, 400mg a day. I think it is working, I like what I see.

And PS - I ddidn't mean that to have increased level of estradiol you actually have to ingest estradiol. There're other ways to get your estradiol out of control.

Cheer up, soonenough! I have read many times here that topicals work even better for breast development than pills! And the pills are actually better for women after menopause, they can take them all the time but low doses. Bigger boobs are just a side effect, PM is not "designed" to target this problem specifically. Women after menopause have lower levels of estrogen, this is why it is safe for them to take PM or any other estrogenic herbs. While women before menopause should use these herbs wisely, working with their bodies, not against them (and loading too much estrogen in the wrong time is what I call working against your own body).

I also think that your cycle, your reproductive health is more important. Take care of it and use PM cream instead of pills! This way you won't have to choose - your health or bigger boobs, right? Smile Healthy liver is usually taking care of "excess of anything" in our body. Maybe try drinking herbal tea to support liver and your cycle will be back to normal in no time! Good luck and don't give up on PM in general, just use it wisely! Smile

Congratulations Ginie, you're a fast learner and I like that Blush

In fact many studies shows that Pueraria Mirifica in fact regulates the hormone levels by binding to estrogen receptors when the estrogen level is high and not binding to them when the estrogen levels are low.

But again, I can only refer to Anne Selene's website but I think this document could be good to read, as there is answers to most questions based on science and not guesses.

http://www.anne-selene.com/downloads/Mir...search.pdf

Because this document seams to be a summery of a lot of research I think it gives a clearer picture of what's true and what's not as I haven't found any similar document with references on the net.

How predictable.. of course anne-selene Big Grin

Actually.. estrogen level is lower in luteal phase. And it should be like that, progesterone should be the dominating hormone then. Increasing estrogen when it should be low will lead to hormonal imbalance in the long run. Especially taking into consideration that most girls overdose significantly.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon