Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Newbie here! Can someone give me some direction? Please? Anyone?!

Newbie here! Can someone give me some direction? Please? Anyone?!
December 12 2009 at 4:01 AM Salama (Login Esperance07)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ladies! (and gents)
So, I discovered this forum back in the summer and since then I've been lurking on here rather obsessively. I've finally saved up enough money to begin my very own boob-growing adventure so I decided to sign-up and post some questions. I hope you old hands will be able to give me some great advice!

My stats:
Height: 5 ft 6"
Weight: 130 lbs
Build:Average/Athletic
Bra/boob size:32B (I'm convinced this is only cause I have a large rib-cage. My boobs are actually mosquito-bites (think 28AAA)! = (

My story:
When my mom was my age, she had really large breasts for her frame. My older half-sister has medium/large-sized breasts, my younger half-sister who is ten years younger than me (yes, TEN)also has bigger boobs than me! My female cousins and most of my extended female relatives all have cleavage. My paternal aunts on the other hand didn't really get boobs till they had had kids, which leads me to think I got this accursed condition from that side of the family.I started my period right on time (age 12) and since then it's been pretty amazing (no pain, no cramps, lasts at most 3 days, regular flow, usually arrives on the exact day I calculate it will) so I don't think there's any problem with my uterus, ovaries, etc...

After visiting this forum nearly every day for the past five months, I've gathered that it's best to begin this experiment by finding out if you really do have a hormonal imbalance or if it's just your imagination.I'm thinking of doing some saliva tests, or blood tests or a combination of both. For practical and financial reasons, I can't test every hormone in my system so I'd like to know: which hormone tests are the most important for this purpose? Progesterone, estradiol, cortisol and what else? Also, I've noticed that blood tests seem to be more expensive than saliva. Can I get away with not doing a blood test? Is the blood test more accurate than the saliva test or something?

Thank you in advance for your answers! : )

Author Reply
Salama
(Login Esperance07) Re: Newbie here! Can someone give me some direction? Please? Anyone?! December 12 2009, 4:08 AM

One more question...is there a particular period of your cycle when you should test your hormone levels? I think I read something about that on here once..

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Newbie here! Can someone give me some direction? Please? Anyone?! December 13 2009, 10:33 PM

I don't think that a single test can show anything except for what is supposed to happen on that day. So showing a hormone imbalance with a one day test seems unlikely to me. Your description sounds pretty healthy. If you don't think that there is a problem, then you are probably OK.

my 2 cents,

Wahaika

Salama
(Login Esperance07) Re: Newbie here! Can someone give me some direction? Please? Anyone?! December 18 2009, 12:49 AM

Thank you for your response Wahaika...I still have questions though.
I'm a little confused because I've read through several threads discussing blood & saliva testing and no one mentioned that the tests were done over a span of several days/cycle. Am I just out of the loop or something?
I'm also pretty sure I've come across a post of yours where you encouraged someone to get tested for imbalances before commencing their regimen.Was this advice for the person's unique situation? Although nothing seems out of the ordinary with my body, I don't want to invest money in the wrong regimen (e.g. - using estrogenic herbs when I'm actually estrogen-dominant).
Should I just take that chance and experiment until I find something that produces results?

Please advise...

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Newbie here! Can someone give me some direction? Please? Anyone?! December 21 2009, 1:38 AM

Hello Salama,

That was probably unique to that situation. I don't normally recommend that someone get a saliva or blood test done unless there is some problem, or more likely, if one thinks that they have a problem and they start wanting to treat it without actually finding out if they really have the problem. Trying to fix a problem that does not exist could have some bad side effects.

I also disagree with some of the test methods that I have seen where, for example, progesterone is tested for on day 14 of the cycle. I don't think that anyone can seriously test for anything hormone related in women by ordering a blood or saliva test on only one day in the cycle.

If you feel normal and don't think that you have a problem, then I don't see any reason to get tested.

Good luck!

Wahaika

chandrakant
(Login yonimassagewala) breasts care & enhancement December 24 2009, 5:56 AM

Dearest,
I am an Ayurvedic Therapeutic Massage Practitioner (age64) with specialization in Yoni Lotus Massage & Breasts Care-Enhancement. I am practising massage therapy in my clinic at Pune for the last 15 years.
Well, please do not go in for any so-called hormone tests : as they are like a 'picture' without any qualitative aspect. If I see your photograph and try to find whether you were hungry or full of food at the time of photo, will I find anything?
Breasts are constituted by 'Mamsa' (= flesh) and 'Meda'(=fats) Dhatus, according to Ayurvedic terminology. It may be the defficiency of these Dhatus ( alongwith other Dhatus )that is causing improper growth of your breasts.
The 'raw material' for the formation of a Dhatu is the Anna Rasa (=food in bio-form). Your process of digestion converts the raw material in useful Dhatus. So, let us start from your digestive system-
From your description of your own body, I may guess here that you are a Pitta Prakruti with a strong link to Vaata.
Pitta excess means acidity, burning sensation below breast-bone occasionally : especially when you have consumed spicy food and didn't have good sleep. Further, you may be having a throbbing headache on forehead - on the sides, and at vertex of head. Rubbing your forehead above eyebrows feels 'good' sometimes. Sometimes, you may have some nausea or vomitting sensation in morning : and vomitting relieves!
Now press the Stana Rohita Marmas above your breasts with your thumbs vertical to your breasts. The Marma points are about 3-4 fingerwidths above the nipples.
Do you feel your left Marma slightly painful on pressing? If YES, you definitely have a Pitta disorder.
Another indicator for Pitta is your nature or personality.
Are you sometimes 'hot-headed' ? You don't like contradictions, and express your reaction in exploding words...
If you are a Pitta personality, please tell me more about you. I will recommend you suitable medications then.
When your Pitta is harmonised, massage of breasts with some Ayurvedic Oils will give you good results.

Chandrakant.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon