Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

WOOHOO! About to start, but a few questions first...

Heart 

Got my order of UB in today. Going to begin it tomorrow since it is already now 5pm. So EXCITED! Bought a whey protein shake mix today but unsure if I am even going to need it. I normally eat a tuna sandwich for lunch which contains about 12g of protein. I work at KFC, so the 5 days I work I try to eat 2 grilled chx breasts which have 34g each. So that puts me up to 80g a day with just those. Not including the fruits and vegetables that I consume daily also. May have to supplement on the days that I am off.
Question 1: I have never done any type of NBE before this so am unsure whether or not to do a cleanse. Have never done one of those before either. Heard it was good to do a liver cleanse...I was drinking bud light every other day for a while. Trying to eat healthier and get my body back in shape though.
Question 2: I am 5'1" and weight approx. 134 last time I checked. I have a pretty small frame, but the extra weight is around my middle (also extra from having 2 kids) and my thighs. Am really try to lose weight there and tone. Have never really exercised before so am unsure as to where to begin. I bought a workout video a couple days ago called Reebok Bootcamp. Has 5 different combos each last 7-15 min. Involves a lot of lunges and strength training. Is this going to be enough to achieve the results that I want? i.e. flat stomach and lose about 10 pounds? Should I incorporate jogging also?
Sorry for the novel...lol. Big Grin

Also, have been reading that it is better to start NBE on first day of cycle. I will be starting within the next week. If I went ahead and started UB now, should it still work the same?

If you have never cleansed before I would suggest doing it before your start your NBE routine, because normal things we are exposed to everyday have toxins in them as well as estrogenic compounds. For example cleaner fumes, soy products, hormones in milk and other cow products we consume, etc. You can get a 7 day full body cleanse kit at any health food store, vitamin shop, etc. Walmart may even have them, not sure, I order mine on amazon due to location but before then went to a health food store. For just a liver cleanse milk thistle can be used as directed on the bottle of the brand you buy for 7 days. When I started UB this time around I started the first day after my period. I use the Nuva Ring as birth control, so the day I inserted a new one, if on a pill BC, the first day of a new pack.

I'm the same height as you, and was 136 during the winter, so feel your pain. As far as workouts, anything is better than nothing. Do what you enjoy, if you aren't enjoying your workouts you won't stay motivated and you will think of it as a chore and give up on it eventually. I'm now down to 128, I was down to 124 but moving soon and finding it hard to make time for workouts currently. What I personally do, is I have the Zumba dvd set, I do those some days, I also have the kinect for the xbox 360 with 2 games I do for workouts, Dance Central and Biggest Loser Ultimate workout. I like all of these. If you want to lose tummy, proper diet is essential as well as cardio workouts paired with strength training of the core. A body builder I know told me to do the strength training after the cardio workout for best results. So if you are doing a strength training DVD, do your cardio first like running or jogging if that's what you prefer, then do your DVD. I find I have to workout 5-7 times per week to see good results, otherwise the 2-3 workouts I'm getting in right now are not as sufficient. HTH and GL

Thanks Anastasia for the advice. But with the DVD you are always moving. Think I need to pair something else with it? Have only been doing it for a few days and enjoy it. So we will see. As far as the cleanse, I will look into it. As I said, have never done one before. But thank you and good luck to you also! Smile

your body can only process 30 grams of whey protein in a day. that does not include your other proteins... KFC does not count as protein, just useless carbs.

i remember reading about that, but i thought it was 25g of protein? but i looked at the nutritional brochure and it said a grilled chx breast had 34g of protein?

(03-04-2011, 03:43 AM)rayneskye0109 Wrote:  i remember reading about that, but i thought it was 25g of protein? but i looked at the nutritional brochure and it said a grilled chx breast had 34g of protein?

It really doesn't matter where the chicken comes from. It doesn't lose it's protein because it's from KFC, and not Chik-Fil-A or even the grocery store.

It depends on how much the chicken weighs, and if you just eat the skinless breast, there are no carbs, and approx 34g of protein according to KFC, but that seems a bit high, considering most other protein content say 20gm-22gm for a 10oz chicken breast.

If protein is an issue for you, try boiling eggs, and eating 1 or 2 with lunch....or incorporate the boiled egg into your tuna salad. That's what we do here. 1 boiled egg only has 6gm of protein...but paired with tuna would be approx 30gm of protein.

Beans are also very high in protein. Especially brown beans (pinto). 1 cup of Pinto beans has 27% of the recommended amount of Protein per day.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon