Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NEED HELP/dosages/ramping up! Wakaika?

Hi Everyone! I have been visiting this site for 2 years now and this is my first time postingSmile I did a wonderup program before without much success. I have decided to go with Greenbush and will be starting on Day 1 of my cycle which should start on Tuesday. I remember seeing an old post about ramping up from Wahaika on the old site but cannot find it. I am just wondering how much of Fenu/SP/WY I should start with. I also plan on taking 6000 mg of MSM/day.

Here are some of my stats:
Height: 5'7"
weight: 140lbs
Bust:33"
Underbust: 30"
I currently wear a 32B bra
I do not smoke or drink alcohol but do enjoy 1 cup of coffee per day
I had my doctor test my hormones (blood test....I hear saliva is better?) and everything came back normal. She also told my I have fibrocystic breasts.

I did experience some growing tingles on wonderup....I would mostly get these lumps or growths in my breast right before my period...then after about 5 month I stopped growing....I increased my dosages with no results. I thought maybe I had stalled, but when I went off herbs alltogether growing pains did not return. I really need help & would appreciate any help/advice. Thanks!

Hello East of Eden,

Did you breastfeed any children? What brand of herbs did you plan to use?

http://beboard.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Routines&action=display&thread=3029

Wahaika

Hi WahaikaSmile

I feel like a celebrity is answering me!
No, I have never had any children. Thanks for the link...that's the one I was trying to find!
I am going to do the Greenbush liquid extracts. I have Fenugreek/Saw Palmetto and Wild Yam. I also plan on doing massage. I add the above to some extra virgin olive oil mixed with a little borage oil as well. Should I add all 3 to my mix or should I still with Fenu for massage?
I should also add that the reason I am pursuing NBE is because in the last 6 years I have lost about 25 lbs. (and kept it off!) and I am feeling quite deflatedSad
I also recently tried the Noogleberry but felt I was left with even more excess skin so I stopped after 4 months. Maybe I wasn't doing it right....

Thanks!

Hi East of Eden,

If you are not going to do powdered herbs, as in Kit #2, you definitely picked the best extracts out there. They cannot be beat for externals. The best way to use them in my opinion is to rub them in first until they absorb as well as they are going to, then rub in a carrier oil such as borage or olive (or a mixture of both). EPO also works well. Fenugreek extract is the one to use topically. It might be a good idea to get an extra one for that. Follow with 30 minutes of heat from something like a heated pad set to low. Use a thick plastic wrap between you and your blanket. Do it twice per day if you can. Leave it on all night if you can.

Start slow and work up to what gives you growing pains and then try to equalize them. See what works best and use it. Sometimes you will have to back off a bit. I would expect that you would be around 3000mg per day as a daily maximum. You may get growing pains before that.

The MSM is a very good idea. Also take a multivitamin with a B complex in it. You may need to supplement with B12 as it needs to be at at least 50mcg per day.
Also take: 1000mg of EPO three times per day. If you start to break out, replace it with 1000mg of borage oil at night before bedtime and consider adding kelp.
Also take 1000mg flaxseed (starflower) oil three times per day.

When taking extracts, try to keep them under the tongue for about 30 seconds if you take them by themselves.

How is your diet and exercise? Do you get plenty of meat in some form? Dark leafy greens? Do you have a workout? If so, what kind and how long? Do you stretch? Stretching is a good idea, as is getting plenty of sleep.

Smile

Wahaika

Hi Wahaika!

In general I am a very healthy person. I eat a lot of veggies but probably don't get enough protein. I have been anemic in the past but am not currently. Sometimes I take a iron supplement during my period. I was almost vegetarian for some time but am trying to incorporate more meat into my diet....unfortunately I just don't like the tatse...red meat in particular.
I suppose adding a protein powder wouldn't be a bad idea.
I was also going to take 6000mg of MSM....do I have to ramp that up too?
As for exercise...I do about 25 min of cardio at least 4-6 days a week as well as a pilates routine as well. I do stretch. I am also planning on cutting back some of my cardio and doing more resistance training. I have no muscle!Sad
I am taking a multivitamin, but I will take your advice and add B12 as mine only has 25 mg. I know that I have been B deficient in the past.
What is the benefit of kelp at night time? You have also mentioned that GABA would be good too? or is that just for the winter months? I remember my mom used to take kelp in a drink form when I was little and she always hated the taste!
I am surprised that my daily maximum would be 3000....I thought maybe last time that I had stalled....I think I was only taking 2000 per day. I guess maybe I just wasn't taking enough. Good to know.

Thanks for all your help!

No need to ramp up MSM, but it would be better to take Carlson's MSM over any other brand.

As far as a protein powder, I would like to talk you out of that if possible. Putting protein into your diet, as far as NBE is concerned, is better. How about chicken if you don't like beef? Can you eat eggs in the morning?

Resistance training is very good as is the right kind of stretching. When stretching, for NBE purposes, make sure to stretch the pectorals.

The benefit for kelp is for the thyroid. Night time could be a little better as that is when growth hormone kicks into production. GABA is very good for growth hormone, for all months. GABA is another one to take at night before bedtime. Take one capsule of Nature's Way kelp (660mg) and that should be enough - HOWEVER - only if you need it - and I think that you just might. If you start getting any hair loss, dry/brittle nails, foggy thinking then that could easily be the thyroid slowing and kelp and B12 are high on the list. And in your case, you will want to also add L-Tyrosine. Twin Lab has a good one. One of the reasons to have meat in the diet is for the Tyrosine content which also fuels the thyroid.

3000mg of the herbs. Hmmm. Yep, you will need to be between 2000mg and 3000mg per day (1000 X 3 times per day). It would be good to experiment to see what works best.

Hi Wakaika,

I don't mean to hijack your correspondence with East of Eden, but could you take a look at my post entitled "Question about ramping"? I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks so much in advance!

To East of Eden:

I just wanted to add a little bit of my experience. As far as strength training goes, I love it. I gave up NBE about 5 years ago and since then concentrated on fitness. I hated cardio (or repetitive things such as running or the elliptical trainer), so I mostly did strength training. I only worked on abs, lower body, arms, and back. But NEVER my chest. I felt that since my breasts were so small, working out my chest would just make it worst.

A few months ago, I began HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training). Such workouts required a lot of push-ups. After a few months of such workouts, I noticed definite changes in my breasts. I wrote a note about this in another post (http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=7816). I was very happy with the unexpected results! And my NBE journey was renewed.

Now, I am not trying to get you to do a million push-ups, or workouts that you are not interested in. I just wanted to offer you my experience and let you know that many methods work for NBE as long as you have a very positive attitude! Best wishes on your journey!

Hi msmonica,

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it. I will take all the help I can get! I am not sure I know exactly what you mean about HIIT training...I guess I will have to google it and find out more.I currently can't even do one real push-upDodgy and sadly can only do about 10 "girl" push-ups. I think it is probably going to be something that I incorporate into my routine. I am also really looking to strengthen my legs and thighs...particularly inner thigh as it is a real problem area for me. If you have any exercises for that region to share I would love to hear itSmile

Thanks!

Hi Wahaika,

Hhmmm....on the weekend I already purchased some MSM....it's just the drugstore brand. I got 2 bottles so hopefully it will have to do. It was on sale.....I'm always a sucker for a sale! Is there really a big difference between brands? Why do you feel Carlson's is the best?

I do like Chicken....I just started adding it to my diet this year. I was in a relationship with a vegan naturopathic doctor for almost 7 years, so that explains the vegetarianism! (and the NBE, for that matterWink) Chicken is expensive though, so that is also why I don't eat it that often. I guess it's just something I am going to have to invest in. I do eat eggs quite often in the morning...but then I worry about the cholesterol....but I think that's only a problem if you eat more than two a day. I agree...I do think getting proper nutrition from foods is best, but if I'm really not getting enough, would a powder really be a bad idea?

As for the kelp....should I wait to see if I get any of the listed symptoms (I think I already have the foggy thinking...but I have been really emotionally stressed this year) before I incorporate it?....or should I include it from the start? As for L-Tyrosine...how many mg should I be taking each night? As for B12...should I be taking about 100mcg per day...more? less? it's all so confusing sometimes!

Thank you so much!

Hey Eden!

I used to keep a fitness blog. I haven't written in it for a while now, but here is a link to my HIIT article:

http://fearlessfitness.onsugar.com/HIIT-Intro-12430925

As for inner thighs, I don't really target train my inner thighs. But, I think deep "plie" squats with your toes turned 45 degrees outward would strengthen those inner thigh muscles. Stand wider than shoulder width, feet turned 45 degrees out, hands straight out and centered, and keep your back strong and straight. You can also use a weight, holding it at the middle of your chest. But, if you are a beginner, I just recommend starting out with weightless squats to make sure your form is correct. Strengthening and toning those inner thigh muscles will make your body burn more calories throughout the day, even when you are not working out (which is a majority of anyone's day).

I hope this helps!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon