Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Massage During Pregnancy?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences to share with me.

Here's my story:

Before beginning NBE I was pancake flat. Like not even an AA, just nipple on rib. Basically, no breast mass/tissue whatsoever. This was my biggest insecurity, but I faked it pretty well, to at least look like I had a LITTLE something. I was 5'1" and 103 lbs., 29 years old BTW.

October 2010 I started my NBE program. I took fenugreek, red clover and saw palmetto orally, massaged with fenugreek extract. I was also taking PABA and evening primrose orally. By December I had made noticeable progress, I was up to an AA and my breasts finally had a slight shape and mass although still very small they were finally distinguishable as 'breasts'. I was excited that it was working and hoping for the best.
Mid-December I missed my period and found out I was pregnant and immediately stopped the use of all herbs. I think they must have made me more fertile, haha! =)

I decided to continue with chi massage and did it sporadically for the first three months of pregnancy. Read= not very often, too tired! With my second trimester came more energy and around this time I started slathering Palmer's cocoa butter oil and Queen Helene cocoa butter lotion on my belly and breasts (for stretch mark prevention) and picked up with Chi massages once a day. I used the cocoa butter and did the Chi massages religiously.

I am now 20 weeks along, it's late March, and I can amply fill out a 34A or a 32B bra and am super happy with what I have (and hope to keep growing if I can!). My fear is losing my progress after having the baby and breastfeeding. I have heard so many accounts about deflated breasts after breastfeeding, and after not having any breasts whatsoever up until this point, I don't think I could bear to lose them.

I don't want this growth to be temporary and just during pregnancy, so I am keeping up with my massages, going to start massaging twice a day now. After encountering this forum today and reading about a cocoa butter/vitamin E combination I'm going to start adding vitamin E to my breast massage. Once I have the baby and am breastfeeding, I'm going to see if I get the okay to take fenugreek orally, as I know it is used to promote milk production anyways. My sister was taking an herbal formula given to her by her doctor to stimulate milk production and I took a peek at the ingredient list. Sure enough, it contained fenugreek!

Anyways, sorry for my verbosity, just wanted to explain my experience and what I've been doing. So what I want to know is, has anyone else experienced permanent growth during pregnancy and can the chi massage help prevent deflation during/after breastfeeding? Please share your experiences and advice! Thanks!

Sorry, I can not give you much advice but can say that I was just like you before I got pregnant and that once I stopped breasfeeding my breasts went back to being flat. However, I did not grow as much as you during pregnancy (I went to 34AA) so I hope that at least some of your pregnancy growth will not go away. I do know people who kept most of their growth after they stopped breasfeeding. So hopefully you are one of them. I did take fenugreek whilst breasfeeding and it really helped me with my milk supply. You can also take some other herbs like fennel to boost your supply. Good luck.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon