Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Apprehensive on Brava

Apprehensive
March 4 2009 at 4:53 PM Catt22 (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone.

I've never posted on one of these things before so please forgive if i sound a bit silly/selfish.

I bought a Brava system about a year ago but chickened out from using it - it's been sitting in my wardrobe collecting dust. I suppose i shied from using it as I am a small A cup, asian, with very little body fat - basically the worst possible candidate for any results.

I guess I'm wondering whether anyone has/knows someone who has used the Brava with a similar build to mine - and whether they had any success at all? I've just been so discouraged by posts in other forums of people my size who see absolutely no permanent results.

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Apprehensive March 4 2009, 5:28 PM

I understand your apprehension. I am not Asian, but I have very low body fat, am menopausal, and I am totally flat. I am not even close to a half an A cup!

I have used Brava for eighteen weeks without any missed nights and while I get decent swelling, nothing has remained. I have similar questions as you, but I would add in "after menopause" to the qualifiers as well.

I guess I am going with the "I'll never know unless I try it" approach. That definitely sets me up for extreme discouragement if it doesn't work. However, I know that implants would look horrible on me simply because I am just skin and no fat. So, I have no other approach to try. Herbs didn't
work.

Perhaps someone can give you some further encouragement. I definitely think you have more of a chance for results if you are younger.

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Apprehensive March 4 2009, 8:10 PM

Cat, I'm new with brava, so I can't tell you any results for me yet. I also qualify in the "smaller than A cup, and who tried herbs with no results and tried BB with no permanent results - club"...

All I can say to you is: If you don't use it, it will not work, for sure! If you give it your best shot, and are persistant, than at least you'll know you tried it, and you gave it your best! It seems to me that a majority of the people who really stick to their brava regime get some kind of results, so chances are, you'll get results.

Go for it!
; )

Edit Message Delete Message

Newbie123
(Login NewBravaUser) Re: Apprehensive March 5 2009, 5:36 AM

I too am asian and small build
I hope u r able to try the product u bought a year ago
i started today so maybe we can share our results as we attempt to make the 10 weeks
cheers!

Rox3
(no login) Re: Apprehensive March 5 2009, 12:10 PM

I think you should give it a try. The way I look at it is even if I only get a 1/2 cup permanent growth, it's more than I had four months before, right? I'm not expecting miracles here, but one full cup size would be AMAZING! You'll never know if you don't try, plus it's winter and cold and I'm home everynight anyways.

topazblue
(Login topazblue)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Apprehensive March 6 2009, 11:49 AM

Hi Catt22

I am asian (full) and I did brava for 1 year back in 2005. Sadly, I had no results from all my time and effort.

I'm doing okay on herbs and massage though.

I don't read this part of Eve's forum all the time, so I don't know if any other asian girls have reported success.

I visit here occasionally to read about noogleberry - I know in reality that I'm not a good candidate (given my brava history) but I'm still entertaining the idea.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Topaz

Edit: Qualifier - I would say that I missed wearing the domes 14 days out of the year. Min time I spent wearing was 12 hrs (yes - I was obsessed!)

Will BRAVA work on sagging wrinkled breasts which have lost volume?
October 4 2009 at 7:56 PM Red (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really trying to get as much info as possible - I've already seen a plastic surgeon twice about implants but can't quite seem to commit!

After weight loss my breasts have lost volume and are wrinkly and saggy - really I can't even bear to look at them. They have still retained some shape though, nipples still point up etc... Is this the kind of thing that BRAVA can help with - getting fullness to round out the sagginess?

????

Author Reply
CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Will BRAVA work on sagging wrinkled breasts which have lost volume? October 4 2009, 9:05 PM

Those who have lost volume f.ex after breastfeeding and probably weight loss are supposed to respond the best to Brava. It doesn't always work like that though but if you are not very skinny you should respond well to Brava. It is also supposed to help a lot with sagging and make them fuller. The made mine fuller for sure.

Good luck... this is not an easy journey but if it works it is SO worth it!

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) re: Will BRAVA work on sagging wrinkled breasts which have lost volume? October 6 2009, 1:20 AM

Hi Red,
I totally agree with Cousin Rose. I nursed 4 kids for extended periods of time and my breasts(what little I had) were VERY saggy, flat, and deflated! Brava has "perked" those girls right up. Even if I don't grow anymore, I would be very happy that the sagginess is gone. It is a long journey, but I agree that it is worth the effort. Best of luck!

Red
(no login) Re: Will BRAVA work on sagging wrinkled breasts which have lost volume? October 6 2009, 4:49 PM

Thanks Kiagirl and Rose - that's great to hear! I don't care about the size - I just want the sagginess to be gone! I am someone who gains weight easily and have never been skinny so I'm really hoping!

Kiagirl - how much did you grow and was it all around, just on top??

kiagirl
(no login) Re: Will BRAVA work on sagging wrinkled breasts which have lost volume? October 7 2009, 4:57 AM

I pretty much looked like a boy when I started. Probably a AA or AAA-very "deflated", like I said. I am on my second cycle with Brava & am now a full A. I overflow my padded B bra when I take the domes off in the morning & by the time I have them off for 12 hours, I loosely fill the padded B bra. My breasts are full & round all the way around, not just on top. Also I had a benign tumor removed from my left breast a few years ago which left my already extremely tiny breast with a noticeable walnut-sized "dent" in the area under the nipple. That area seems to have filled in nicely & is hardly noticeable. I'll have to see what it looks like a few weeks after I "graduate" this process! I am quite pleased with my results so far, but it is slow-going & quite a commitment. I'm planning to go until Christmas, then take another break & decide from there whether I will do another cycle. Good luck to you!

Brava not suitable for C cups?
December 13 2008 at 5:26 PM Silvia (Login vienna.welles)

My breast is 34C but I would like to go to size D. I entered Brava site and in the section "Is Brava right for me" it says that Brava is not right if "Your breasts are larger than a small C cup". Why is that? So if you are B cup you can not grow more than one cup?. I know Noogleberry doesnt have size max limitations. What do you think?

Author Reply
CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Brava not suitable for C cups? December 13 2008, 9:02 PM

I remember reading that the reason for that is because the domes would be absolutly huge and hard to wear. That is the only reason I have heard of!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava not suitable for C cups? December 14 2008, 12:07 PM

What country are you in? If you can get to Harley St in London you can try the domes on to see if they fit. I usually wear a 30D or 30DD and the narrow XL are good for me, the wide XL are still pretty big, on a 34 band I wear a B or C (the C is not overly full!) but I'd say I've got some way to go before the wide XL are too small to use. When I first called Brava to order they said my underbust was too small for even the narrow but I've lost weight since and can get a seal with the narrow or the wide so they don't know everything - really depends whether you can afford to gamble the money if it doesn't fit.

Silvia
(Login vienna.welles) Re: Brava not suitable for C cups? December 14 2008, 9:52 PM

Well the problem is that I am from Spain and here there are no doctors to sell/couch Brava. I was considering to order Brava on line but I a dont want to get domes too small or to big.

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava not suitable for C cups? December 14 2008, 11:01 PM

What is your underbust and bust measurement? I'd say you'll need wide XL which is the biggest size. If they stick on me they should stick on you. The hardest is for people with no breast tissue as you get a better seal the more you can suck in there!

Improved results with birth control pills and nutrition?
January 20 2009 at 6:15 AM UrNuBreastFriend (no login)

I tried Brava years ago, but I was not disciplined enough to stick with it. I'm thinking about trying it again, but I want to make sure that I give myself the best chance possible. One thing that came to mind was the fact that in the original study that used to be posted on the brava site, they had all of the participants taking birth control pills. I wonder if that explains the higher percentage of increase by itself or if the hormones enhance the tension induced growth. Also, I would think that a persons nutrition could greatly affect the results since the body needs certain nutrients to create new tissue. Perhaps, starting with a multivitamin and maybe glucosamine or some connective tissue supplement would improve results. Has anyone tried any of these things? And, for those who did not grow, do you think your problem could have been dietary?
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will get some good discussion going.

Author Reply
UrNuBreastFriend
(no login) Re: Improved results with birth control pills and nutrition? January 20 2009, 6:35 AM

Ok. Scatch the glucosamine.. any ideas on what might help?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Improved results with birth control pills and nutrition? January 20 2009, 9:33 PM

Hi UrNuBreastFriend,

Yes, a person's nutritional life would definitely influence the outcome of any NBE attempted. With external negative pressure devices the body is being influenced to grow new breast and connective tissue (albiet very slowly). Both of these tissues are protein based.

Diets high in protein are very good for NBE no matter what method. With suction devices it would also be helpful to increase levels of vitamin C, one of the precursors in our body for collagen.

Another good supplement would be the Essential Fatty Acids that the body uses to grow cellular walls. Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids can be found in vegetable and nut oils (omega 6) and fish oils and flaxseed (omega 3). You can get these through you foods or take supplements for them.

Tissue growth does seem to be enhanced through hormonal balance. I think the reason the studies for Brava had the women on birth control was to reduce fluctuations that are more normally found in a cycle without birth control. They were trying to make an even playing field for all the women in the study and the easiest way to do this was to eliminate hormone fluctuation. I don't think the birth control pills were essential to the results - they were just essential to the study.

So, what helps the body create new tissue? Plenty of food -high in protein and essential fatty acids. Plenty of rest - 7 to 10 hours of sleep is best - and not too much fat reducing exercises either. Doing exercises to stimulate muscle growth promotes the release of growth hormone and that helps speed tissue growth. Avoid sugar which can interfere with growth hormone. Reduce stress which can interfere with the body's immune system and hormone cycles.

In other words, the healthier we are the better we will respond. I hope I have given you some ideas to try.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

UrNuBreastFriend
(no login) Re: Improved results with birth control pills and nutrition? January 21 2009, 3:50 AM

Thanks waxingmoon. These are some great suggestions!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Improved results with birth control pills and nutrition? January 21 2009, 3:25 PM

I surely hope birth control pills did not skew the initial Brava results. If that's the case, a menopausal woman like me has no hope!

I agree that we should pay good attention to our diet, particularly protein. It is good to eat high-quality protein when strength-training as well. Not too much, but certainly in adequate amounts to build and retain muscle growth.

I am taking fish oil and evening primrose oil capsules each morning as well.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon