Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DIM

I looked over most of the threads on DIM but didn't find an answer to my question. They said to take DIM with BO, but should you also take it with PM?

Ask yourself why its makes any Pharmacological sense to do so?
I doubt there is an answer.........other than internet speak.

From what i read DIM gets excess estrogen out of your system. it also seems that PM loads you up with phytoestrogens which the body reacts to just in a similar way to the estrogen it creates itself.

Excessive estrogen has some bad side effects and can cause long term damage to your body. I guess alot of us who take the NBE journey are really putting our health at risk in this way. As you might know, excess estrogen can have a very strong impact on your mood too, especially with feeling depressed and even anxious.

So my thought was, maybe getting the excess estrogen from your body with DIM would mean PM didnt work, because perhaps PM works by filling you up with too much estrogen making your breasts react to that. But then of course, you and i both know how absolutely horrendous hormonally triggered depression is!

If PM could still work while taking DIM that would be great. maybe that would mean it could be taken more safely. I am curious to know if it were possible.

I guess someone just needs to be trialling it (but it wont be me! sorry...)

UNIVERSALLOVE,
I DID 1 MO WITH PM & DIM = NOTHING. SINCE STOPPING THE BO, I LOST ALL THE MEAGER GROWTH I GAINED (& MORE). I AM FLATTER THAN I EVER WAS. SO I STOPPED THE DIM & WILL TRY 1 MO ON PM ALONE. (I USED THE TOPICAL PM ALSO). DON'T WORRY, AT THE FIRST SIGNS OF RECURRENT DEPRESSION, I WILL STOP THE PM!!!

DIM is a mild aromatase inhibitor.......which inhibits testosterone from converting to esotrogen or more specifically estrone to estradiol...........This pathway for woman........could associated as a potential cancer pathway,,,,,,,,,,,will it help breast enhancement...............can't see why it would

(18-03-2011, 12:02 PM)universallove Wrote:  it also seems that PM loads you up with phytoestrogens which the body reacts to just in a similar way to the estrogen it creates itself.

PM has estrogenic effects, but the body does NOT treat PM as equivalent to estrogen. In fact, PM has been found to have a protective effect by inhibiting cell proliferation of several types of breast cancer. Many with hormonal imbalances such as found in PCOS have reported a moderating effect, though it apparently does not affect estrogen production. But you don't have to believe me, check the research yourself.

Don't have any idea about the combination of DIM and PM though.

Well said Chris honey.....What exactly is your point........Dim will not influence breast growth ............why would it...with PM or anything else.

Just not relevant............Try orange juice........just as silly

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES.
JUST A CLARIFICATION ABOUT WHY I ASKED IF I SHOULD TAKE DIM: OTHERS WROTE THAT DIM WILL EVEN OUT THE HORMONES FROM BO IF YOU HAVE AN OVERLOAD. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF IT HAS THE SAME EFFECT IF YOU'RE ON PM. I DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO "GROW" BREASTS LIKE OTHER NBE SUPPLEMENTS. HOPE THIS MAKE SENSE AS I'M NOT A PRO AT NBE (HAVE THE NO GROWTH TO PROVE IT!!!!).

chrishoney (its a good name) you say PM has a protective effects and can help with hormonal problems, but from what I read of others experience of it, it seems that is sometimes true, but more often people react to it in the same way they react to having too much estrogen in there systems, or at least, like they are experincing a major imbalance in there hormones. so something must be going on there right? I mean PM is considered a strong estrogenic herb, as in, it contains phytoestrogens, I always thought the body responded to phytoestrogens like it does to real estrogen? no??

phytoestrogens are adaptogenic...check that out

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon