Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Sweating under domes

sweating
February 12 2009 at 3:23 PM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had their domes nearly fall off due to sweating? Lately, almost every night, my domes start falling off to the point where I have to take them off in the middle of the night, wipe the rims and inside of the domes off, and then put them back on. It's not like it's hot where I live! I am surrounded by snow and 10 degree temperatures.

This is certainly disrupting the cycle and I imagine for hours leading up to the point where they fall off, the suction must not be very good.

This problem, second broken smartbox and split silicone rim on one of the domes is not boding too well for me!

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: sweating February 12 2009, 6:00 PM

Anyone with terrible moisture buildup in the domes that causes them to lose a seal? What do you do?

Edit Message Delete Message

molehills
(no login) Re: sweating February 12 2009, 6:55 PM

that happened to me too. I've been wondering about putting some kind of very absorbent material/tissue that doesn't take up much space inside the dome to wick up the moisture. I tried a surgical gauze pad but it didn't really work, not absorbent enough.

Rox3
(no login) Re: sweating February 12 2009, 7:32 PM

I have noticed this week that in the AM when I'm taking off the domes, as soon as I gently take off the T-tubing on the right side, then the left side, the domes basically come RIGHT off my chest without any prodding. First week I had to slowly pry them off they were so stuck on there. May be that they're not as sticky or the seal isn't as tight. Not sure but I did notice it. They've never fallen off though as long as the tubing is on. Once in a while I'll turn slightly on my side in the middle of the night and the smartbox goes right on and wakes me up!!! Then I go right back on my back. Oh the Brava joys huh??? Only 15 more weeks 'til my vacation and I can sleep without these domes on!

UrNewBreastFriend
(Login UrNewBreastFriend) Re: sweating February 12 2009, 8:05 PM

Hi Roakie, I've been using a panty liner inside of my domes. I cut it in have and stick it inside just above the tip. This helps with the sweat. I still see some condensation, but when I didn't use them, my breasts were wet when I took the domes off. I'm also thinking that a super absorbent thin pad would work even better.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: sweating February 13 2009, 2:43 PM

Interesting about the pantiliner. Thanks.

UrNewBreastFriend - how long have you been using Brava and do you have any positive results yet?

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: sweating February 14 2009, 12:13 PM

Are you close to your periods? I feel I sweat more when I am close to my periods!

Vee
(no login) Re: sweating February 18 2009, 12:12 PM

I find that I sweat at times but not at others. And yes it does affect the suction for my Brava Domes.
I cant seem to pinpoint why it happens some times more than others, because it doesn't seem to matter about the temperature. Perhaps it is hormonal related to periods or our age!

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: sweating February 19 2009, 6:48 PM

Your system should have come with filters. Are you rotating the filters so that you are only using each filter once a week and allowing them to air out? Do you run a dry cleaning cycle on your smartbox each day for up to 2 hours? Is your chest completely dry and have you used the skin prep wipes before you put on your domes to help them stick better and protect your skin? I noticed that my smartbox would run and then pull moisture into the tubing and filter and out of the domes.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: sweating February 19 2009, 8:31 PM

Yes, I have rotated my filters every night, run the dry cleaning cycle for up to an hour each day, etc. I have also gone through two different smartboxes. I had the sweating with each one.
I am completely dry and use the skin prep also.

Sweating under domes
April 19 2009 at 3:45 PM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know someone mentioned using a cut-up sanitary pad inside the domes to absorb moisture but it didn't work for me. My domes come off twice a night - once before bed after about 5 hours of wear, and then first thing in the morning as soon as I move my arms. So....twice each cycle I have to take them off, wipe them out and put them back on.

Anyone else have this problem and do you have a solution?

My daughter left some cotton make-up sponges at the house. I wonder whether I should try them?

Author Reply
tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Sweating under domes April 19 2009, 4:44 PM

I wonder if your room is too hot, or if you're blanket is too thick? I'm sure you've already considered that. Possibly its where you live, it may just be humid. In that case, the only thing I can think of is air-con, but I'm sure you've thought of that already and tackled the heat issue as best you can. I get some condensation inside my domes, but nothing that causes them to slide around. That makes me think that lubricating rather than using the sticky on the domes wouldn't work, if they slide around so. I would think if you've got them suctioned on as hard as you could, it would prevent it, but clearly not. Well, we're coming into summer here, where it gets really hot and humid, so I hope someone comes up with something!

Roakie, I just realized you've been doing this for six months! Just thought I would share something I learned from the girls over on Noogle forum, many of whom hit a growth plateau after a certain time, and found the solution to be a short break, and then starting back up. Apparently this caused the growth to kick in again. Many, many frustrated girls found this worked for them. Just an idea, of course, none of us can really know how this works. I read somewhere also, that brava recommends a max cycle of 30 weeks, and then a break...something to do with the growth process. If you feel things are at a standstill, it might be something to consider. Even just a weeks break might help.

Hope you don't take this negatively! I'm rooting for you! I want you to get what you want. I definitely think from all my reading of many womens experiences using many systems, there are different ways to get there. I don't think a short break would set you back enormously, at any rate. I like the idea of looking at this as a long term process, but we need to be able to keep morale up, and not ultimately get annoyed and give up! I believe that many cycles are going to be in order for you, over the course of a couple of years. So maybe it would be ok to break it up a bit, and give yourself a bit of rest time at some point...

You know yourself though, and are the best one to decide what's right for you.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Sweating under domes April 19 2009, 9:19 PM

My main problem is a fear of stopping and going back to how I was - perfectly flat with an indented breast on the left side due to a ribcage depression from a slight scoliosis. If I had an inch of projection I would be willing to stop, but before Brava I had not even a slight bump. Last year a young girl asked me if I was a boy!!! I also had a woman at church whisper to me, "Have you had breast cancer?" Yup, that is how flat I am. I am trying to achieve enough of a breast to project futher than the hightened ribcage on the right side, because otherwise, I have no breast and simply a bony projection along my sternum.

I think in terms of flatness, I am definitely the flattest woman on this board!

Rox3
(no login) Re: Sweating under domes April 19 2009, 11:20 PM

Hi - not sure how to handle this since the domes have never fallen off. In the morning, I basically still have to pry them off slowly or I'll rip the skin. I get a little condensation inside but hardly anything, and I don't sweat. I don't sweat when I exercise either though. The make up pads sound good and I hope you can get some sleep without having to get up. Let us know what works for you and keep positive!!!

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Sweating under domes April 20 2009, 2:47 AM

I understand completely Roakie. I was thinking today after I'd written that message, that I hope it didn't just discourage you or come across as judgemental. I was truly just trying to think of every tip I've picked up scouring the boards of other womens experiences to put out there for you. You'll know whats right for you, but it can't hurt to be armed with as much info as possible.

Having put in as much time and energy as you have, I'm sure you don't want to stop until you've gotten something decent out of it. I feel that way already, and I'm only seven weeks in to the breast growing thing. I just thought I'd let you know of a couple of women I'd heard about who felt they'd plateaued, and after a short break, things seemed to pick up much better. There's no science behind it, so who can know? Some women on the NB forum had been forced to take a break due to work commitments or family holidays where they just couldn't get away to do it at all, and feared losing everything, and in some cases the swelling did subside leaving them feeling like they did have to start from scratch. However, I think when they started back up, it was like their bodies responded far better to the suction and had increased swelling. Another common thread I've noticed with people that have been slow responders, is they may grow a tiny amount on the first cycle, a bit more on the next, a bit more on the next and so on and so forth, until they're at a size they're ok with. But stopping certainly didn't mean that they couldn't start back up again, and have their bodies respond to the suction almost as if they'd trained it to know what to do, and it hadn't forgotten. Well, if they'd done at least 20 wks that is. I think before then, fears about anything being permanent are definitely real.

There are also people who have gone an entire year like you're doing, and slowly but surely grown. So it's not a bad idea either. Seeing as you're getting good swelling now, things are probably starting to move along. So, good luck with finding a solution to your slippery domes. Have you tried the product called 'It Stays'? You can get it from Hocks.com. It's an adhesive I heard some brava people were using when their domes started to lose their stickiness. I'm not sure if that's part of your problem, just thought I'd mention it. It's used in theatre for things like wigs, all sorts of things, and is apparently not irritating...

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Sweating under domes April 20 2009, 7:53 AM

Don't worry, tr1gger! I knew when I read your message that you were trying to be helpful. And I understand your point about a break completely. I think that if I weren't so totally boob-less I would do just that. I sure want a break, that's for sure. But I am now giving it all I've got. I am on natural hormone replacement, I made my first batch of chicken feet soup and rendered out the thick collagen and am eating a cup of the thick broth each day, and I am doing a very gentle but basic massage each evening (3 days so far) right before I shower and then put on the domes. I've also been taking Goat's Rue.

I know we are not supposed to do massage with brava, but I don't see how a gentle one can hurt. And though I can't find any research about chicken feet soup/collagen encouraging breast growth, it is a big thing among the Asian culture so there must be something to it.

I am in for the attack! Even if I do give Brava a break, at least I will have also started everything full force and one of these NBE methods might work!

By the way, I have the makeup pads in each dome tonight. They are still full of condensation but they haven't fallen off yet after five hours. I dont' see that the pads are absorbing anything.

Thanks for the tip on the sticky stuff. I might give it a try. We have a big costume store here and they might just have it.

This message has been edited by roakie on Apr 20, 2009 7:55 AM

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Sweating under domes April 20 2009, 3:43 PM

Oh good! My domes are full of condensation too, but being newer than yours are still staying on. So perhaps some extra sticky will help. I'm also assuming that you've either put an ace bandage, tight tube top or even a firm elastic 'waist trimmer' to secure them to your chest also? That's meant to help apparently...

BTW, I'm having struggles of my own right now. Blisters!!!! AAAARRRRRGHHHH! I think I went too hard/long, and the tegaderm around the nips didn't allow skin to breath/stretch, and gave me some nasty blisters. I've got no idea how to deal with them. I covered in little patches of rubbery scar bandaid things...Some popped underneath, and some got bigger! I'm going pretty easy right now, and hoping they heal. Also trying to prevent my husband for seeing the butchery I'm sporting right now. That'll surely win his thorough disaproval (if wearing these silly plastic domes hasn't already).

And on your flatness issue, I understand your dismay about your lack of breasts, but aside from the odd idiotic remark (and most of us have had those, I assure you. I certainly have), I'm sure there's much more about you that other people are paying attention to. It's funny that we really think other people are interested in the things we're worried about ourselves. I've learned time and time again, that people are far too interested in themselves to care too much about me or my perceived inadequacies. So don't worry what anyone else thinks, it's what you feel about yourself and your body that makes you either a pleasant or not so nice person to be around. I fully support you in your quest to feel better about yourself, but stuff the others! I'm sure they're not perfect either, and I bet they spend more time worrying about their own wrinkles/bad hair/ugly legs/fat arse, etc etc, than they do thinking about your breasts!! This is for you! Self improvement, such as exercise, skin/hair care, dressing well, are not so different to 'breast care', and it shouldn't be less enjoyable or rewarding. Take your time, there's years to grow breasts, assuming your health is in order! If you're overweight and starting an exercise program you can't expect to be slim immediately either. It's always best to take your time so that you aren't torturing yourself and are able to have the endurance and stamina to continue as long as it takes.

That little lecture was to remind myself also, by the way!!

Water in domes
August 6 2008 at 1:03 PM Glee (no login)

I've been using BB for 4 mths with a 1 wk break after 8 wks. I have now started to notice that after I finish a session one dome has a pool of water in it, it's not just steam building up. Does anyone know if it's just sweat or is it comming from my nipples, really can't figure it out.

Author Reply
Sylviatob
(Login Sylviatob) Re: Water in domes August 6 2008, 4:07 PM

Glee, if it's not condensation buildup in the dome, and it's not perspiration, then I suggest it "may" be due to nipple discharge. And that sounds scary to me.
Are you pregnant? Is the fluid clear as water or cloudy? How much accumulates? I'm no doctor by any means, just a concerned forum member. I would schedule a doctors appointment if I were you. To me, that just doesn't sound right. Please see a doctor asap, and consult with him.

Glee
(no login) Re: Water in domes August 7 2008, 12:30 PM

Thanks, it started off clear, but this morning it was jelly like, so it might be discharge. You are right. I'll stop and get it checked out.

glee
(no login) Re: Water in domes August 7 2008, 1:29 PM

Just did some research on the internet and there is a condition called Galactorrhea, which is a yellowish discharge from the nipples due to too much prolactin being produced as a result of chronic breast stimulation. I quite sure that this is the case, goodness does BB stimulate breasts. So not as worried as before. Has anyone else had this???

Sylviatob
(Login Sylviatob) Re: Water in domes August 7 2008, 4:17 PM

Glee, what you suggest is very logical. And yes, I've experienced discharge, on a few occasions. Most of which though came when I was taking Motilium, which induced lactation, as a side effect. It really got messy. I was cleaning the domes after every pumping session. The lactation ceased a week after I discontinued the Motilium. I still get slight discharge on occasion, mainly when I'm applying to much suction. Hope that helps.

Glee
(no login) Re: Water in domes August 7 2008, 9:33 PM

Once again, thank you Sylvia. I probably do have the suction on too high and by the end of the hour I have nearly filled the domes i.e. my nipples are almost touching the tip (using large domes. I know that its suggessted that no part of the breast should touch the domes, but I find when I start to fill the domes thats when I get real growth. Due to finish my second round with the BB on Tuesday, and after 12 hours I come down to about a 32B,16wks ago I was a 32AA

Sylviatob
(Login Sylviatob) Re: Water in domes August 8 2008, 5:56 PM

What wonderful growth, Glee!! Super Congrat. Now I'm green with envy, lol! How long have you been pumping, and which device?
I've been using cheapy pumps for about 2 years now. But I'm very sporadic in using it. I'll go for about a week, and then real life interferes and have to stop for months at a time. Regardless, I've gained about 1/2 cup size. I'm saving up for some decent domes that are sturdy and don't crack with a week's use.

Glee
(no login) Re: Water in domes August 8 2008, 10:15 PM

Hey Sylvia. I use the BB on the massage setting, 1hr in the morning & 1hr in the evening. I do this religously. Started on 12th April 2008, after 8wks took a 1wk break then started again. I'm due to finish my second round of 8wks on Tuesday and will take a 2wk break as I am on holiday, then will start my third round. I really want to get to a 32D.
The manufacturers of BB say that you grow 2inches every 8wks, I did but durring the 1wk break I lost a bit, so it will be interesting to see how much I loose durring my second break.

BB is very expensive, because I also spent a further £100 on replacement domes, as they kept on cracking / breaking. I honestly can't say if it has been worth it because I haven't stopped using it long enough to see if the growth lasts. God! I hope it's been worth it, not just for the money, but it's also so painful. Will keep you posted.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Water in domes August 10 2008, 5:15 PM

Hi All,

I found this information very handy as far as nipple discharge information.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nipple-...ge/WO00093

waxingmoon
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon