Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Negative effects of using brava

Bruised from Brava domes
January 17 2008 at 5:05 PM Hulagirl (Login 65hulagirl)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louise, or anyone else,

Last night I decided to start me second round of Brava. I did 18 weeks for 12-14 hrs a day and grew 2 inches. I took a five month break, and wanted to start up again. This time I am using an airlock system. I am able to pump them up a lot more than the smartbox alone. I didn't last all night, only lasted 5 hrs and had to take them off. They were hurting so much. This morning I have a huge purple ring where the domes sat. It's only on the top of the boobs though. How do I avoid that? Did I over pump? If so, how do I know how much to pump to avoid getting bruised? If I don't pump hard enough, I'm afraid I'll lose suction in the middle of the night. And since I don't have the smartbox on, I won't know that I've lost suction. But if I pump too hard, I get bruised. And now that I am bruised, do I have to wait until it goes away to try again?

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Bruised from Brava domes January 17 2008, 7:15 PM

Hi Hulagirl,

It'll wear off over the next couple of days whether you use them or not so just ignore it. I find that if I suck until I can feel it's tight but not hurting then after a while as I get swelling the tension releases as the air is under less pressure in a smaller space so I suck some more. It shouldn't be painful and they shouldn't look purple inside the domes. If it's so tight you can't sleep then let a little out until it's more comfortable, you'll get better at judging it. Maybe try the smartbox to remind yourself how tight that is then just go a bit tighter than that. I used smartbox for 6 weeks (but I'd usually suck a little out before I attached it) then airlock since then, so my skin was used to suction before I airlocked and I've airlocked progressively harder - whatever I do now, even if I use water and fill the XL and turn them purple I don't get bruises so your body does adapt just take it a bit slower. It's probably a good idea to build up your wear time slowly too to avoid an itchy rash.

Hulagirl
(Login 65hulagirl)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Bruised from Brava domes January 17 2008, 7:27 PM

Thanks Louise. Do you clean your domes with the antiseptic cleanser anymore?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Bruised from Brava domes January 17 2008, 7:30 PM

No worries, nope we don't get any of the skincare stuff if Europe except the skin prep even if we buy direct from Brava (and it costs nearly double!), we also can't get the cheaper system with the sportbox. I've only cleaned mine with baby shampoo and also used normal shower gel a handful of times. I don't bother with their skin prep either I just use body lotion - this makes the domes less sticky which I find less itchy.

Hulagirl
(Login 65hulagirl)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Bruised from Brava domes January 18 2008, 6:38 PM

Louise,

I'm afraid the bruise won't go away. Is there anything I can do? it would be horrible to finally have some boobs to show off, and not be able to beause of a huge ring around them.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Bruised from Brava domes January 18 2008, 7:00 PM

Hi Hulagirl,

It's a hickey! I've heard putting toothpaste on helps but not really the sort of thing that you get as an adult so can't remember if it helped much. Honestly just ignore it, like a bruise anywhere else it'll take a while to fade (and will look yellow mottled and nasty in the meantime!).

brava decreased my breast volume
August 8 2009 at 6:08 PM crazybrava (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brava decreased my breast volume,,,, how is this possible? i'm devastated. I looked up online finally to see if there are women who have similar experiences as i do, and i found some. they put up their complaints online, but they did not provide solution. if any of you had same problems, and solved it please let me know, of course other than surgery.
also, my breast now feels different. Before i was able to feel something firm inside, but after brava, i feel nothing firm inside. i can just feel that it has decreased my volume significantly.

Author Reply
Rox3
(no login) Re: brava decreased my breast volume August 8 2009, 6:47 PM

I've never heard of this and I've been on here for almost a year. How many weeks did you use Brava for? How many inches around was your starting measurement? How long have you been done for now?

crazybrava
(no login) crazybrava August 8 2009, 7:21 PM

I was a small B but now I can't even fill an A cup. I used brava for about a month, and could not continue because i definitely felt like it was doing more damage for me than good. i'm now wondering how i can get it back...
can you give me any suggestions?

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: brava decreased my breast volume August 9 2009, 1:21 AM

I think it makes sense that it would decrease breast volume, if it isn't done for the amount of time to have some tissue growth. I know breastfeeding resulted in loss of volume for my breasts. I think stretching them out and deflating them continuously does that. Tissue doesn't start growing until around the 6th week, so it seems that if you don't go that long, all that has been done is stretching with no tissue growth. Sorrry! That sucks. My advice is to put them back on and do it for the 10 weeks. I know it's torture. Trust me, I'm not one to sugar coat it...it is torture for me...but I'm sticking it out. I put so much money and hope into it, that I don't want to give up without a fight. Can you try to go through it again? I know it's hard, especially after you lose those 4 weeks you put into it. I did that too...lost a bunch of time due to company, and then a few nights do to losing my sportbox piece. Sigh...what a drama!

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: brava decreased my breast volume August 9 2009, 1:44 AM

I agree with Kristin, but would proffer that you need much more than ten weeks to get significant growth. I would say a minimum of 16, and an ideal of 20 weeks for the first cycle, to achieve noticeable growth.

It also seems to me that this is bravebrava having a few more worries about a different issue, and wanting to use a different name. Especially since you've 'both' only been doing brava for a month. I shouldn't say 'only' a month, because a month of whole nights strapped into this thing can feel like years, but, you know what I mean...in the scheme of things (I'm four months in!).

I felt the same way to begin with, as my denser tissue somehow seemed more spread or stretched or broken up or something, however, over time my breast tissue has become even more dense and firm than it was originally. And I mean considerably so. When I squeeze my breasts now, there is a round area beneath the nipple about the size of half an orange which is very firm. It was more like half a lemon before Wink

Skin like a teeenager again !!!
October 28 2006 at 1:25 PM Lynn (Login Manoloblah)

This is a tricky one ...... I'm in week 6 and I'm starting to get spotty skin like I had when I was in my teens ! Is this a sign of hormone activity and therefore growth starting ??
Can anyone advise ?
Many thanks.

Author Reply
g lady
(Login gladesia) Re: Skin like a teeenager again !!! October 28 2006, 7:13 PM

My response to you is not from experience with the domes but from knowledge of how skin reacts to inflammation from my experience in the medical field. If the spotty skin is on the area where you had skin irritation before that can be normal. It is called post inflammatory hypopigmentation and will improve with time and good moisturizing of the skin. From what I know about the mechanisms of the brava system it should not cause any hormonal imbalance. We definitley don't want to go through puberty again do we? Smile (except breast growth of course) !

tms81
(Login tms81) Re: Skin like a teeenager again !!! October 30 2006, 7:37 PM

its normal, i got the same problem. When you stop using the system it goes away.

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: Skin like a teeenager again !!! November 2 2006, 5:17 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I maybe should have been more exact, I didn't mean spots around breast area but on my face similar to what I had during puberty. Thanks for letting me know it all clears up though. Thats encouraging.
Cheers

raised bumps on nipples
August 20 2009 at 7:17 PM kristin (Login napahills)

My nipples got quite a few extra raised bumps from Brava. I forget the name of those thingies?? Anyway, they are pretty big...and I'm so hoping they will go away with time??? Anyone know anything? I wore blister bandaids for most of the time on brava...when they first started showing. The brava lady told me it's normal, adn they will go away a few months after using the system. I don' tsee how they would though. I had some prior to brava, and they never went away. Oh for this breast obsession to go away!!!

Author Reply
CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: raised bumps on nipples August 22 2009, 1:19 PM

Hey Kristin,
this happened to me as well but it disappeared after I finished.
Rose

Hurt and sudden bruisers.what is happening?
May 11 2007 at 11:19 AM minhina (Login minhina)

Hi

around a week ago my right dome started hurting under my breast. My ribs hurt, and my skin. i am unsure how to explain it. I woke up for a couple of nights, and the pain was such that i just took the device out. I had a bruise under my breast and it was swollen (not the breast, but the skin under, over my ribs)...I hurt so much so I did not wear the device for hours, and then tried to place it in a bizarre way so that i did not touch this area, but still could put the necessary hours of wear...
after around 8 days it has improved although hurts a little..now this morning woke up and it was the other side. the pain is really intense, amazingly, and i cant understand what is happening, and not sure whether i should stop completely wearing it..
it cant be that i suddenly do not know how to wear the device coz this is week 6.
anyone can tell me something?

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER hi May 11 2007, 3:43 PM

Is the suction too hard? in some people it can aggravate or cause a condition called costochondritis. this is a swelling of the ribs on the breastbone. the cartilage swells and it is very painful. my husband suffered from this. it is temporary. but hurts while you have it. brava does mention it in the fine print. hope you feel better.

Edit Message Delete Message

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Hurt and sudden bruisers.what is happening? May 23 2007, 9:32 AM

Maybe it's just the normal wear and tear that Brava causes to the body. It might be just a build up of friction.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER hey May 31 2007, 12:11 PM

Are you doing any better? just wondering. good luck.

lexy
(no login) Re: Hurt and sudden bruisers.what is happening? June 1 2007, 3:44 AM

just got something similar today only in the sternum area. swollen bone and red skin around. i know the cause in my case. too many hours at once and i'm only in the 2nd week. plus i felt it hurt and i didn't do anything. should have repositioned in time. hope ur better.

minhina
(Login minhina) Re: Hurt and sudden bruisers.what is happening? June 1 2007, 7:00 PM

thanks to all.

My things gets randomly better and randomly worse...at times i feel pain thorough the whole day when i breathe (on that right side under my breast) at times i am absolutely OK. when it hurts i try to reposition it..if it is really bad i take it out..I do not think it is wear time coz seems to be independent..might be my body shape, maybe my ribs are prominent...I am quite thin, so maybe just there, only skin is protecting bones, hence the hurt...
I have been managing fine, generally but occasionally, that area gets bruised and swallowed and so...

but i am fine..Smile

thanks!

sore breasts
July 5 2007 at 8:07 PM lexy (no login)

do all you girls experience soreness right after taking the system off? when i leave it for over 14 hours and i'm really swollen, i feel my breasts kinda sore when squeezing while washing them.
i belive it should be normal since they are traumatized by the pressure but just wanted to make sure.
thx

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: sore breasts July 5 2007, 8:43 PM

When swollen mine feel too heavy for the skin and delicate to touch, I think what you're experiencing is normal.

misskatherine
(no login) Re: sore breasts July 6 2007, 5:38 AM

for me its sore for a little while after i take off the system. and for some reason it gets really sore when the temperature is really cold... maybe its because my nipples get hard and causes my breasts to shrink??

Could brava breast system make you break out?
March 24 2008 at 11:12 AM Margot (no login)

I have broken out with acne since starting brava and I wondered if anyone else has had this experience with brava or other pump? Maybe it's a total coincidence but I thought it was worth asking the question.

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Could brava breast system make you break out? March 24 2008, 7:20 PM

I got acne when I stopped Brava after 7 months, I think my hormones needed the extra stimulation - I have been diagnosed with PCO.

There are several others I've had posts from on this and other forums of hormonal symptoms relatig to suction use, we think that the suction stimulates the nipples like GY massage and causes an increase in prolactin. Quite a few girls have had bad skin while using suction that has either got better as they got used to it or cleared once they stopped. I think I'm the only person who's better when they're using!

nicky
(no login) it happend to me too April 7 2008, 10:26 AM

yep... i got more acne when i started using brava and when i stopped using it for 2 weeks before starting BB it started getting a bit better, but then worse again when i started with BB. i did find a method that has helped it a bit and it is slowly getting better, but i think that i need to just be done with these systems to have clear skin. i can come back and respond again once i am done with BB and let you know (about 4 more weeks).

oh yeah... the system that i found works is acne free in 3 days. i had problems with acne before these systems, but it was under control for a couple years. here is a link to the website: http://www.acnefreein3days.com/ it seems like they are just trying to get you to buy stuff, but it worked. they focus on natural methods using vitamins and watching your sugar intake (etc...).

hope it works for you!
Smile

Nina S.
(no login) Re: Could brava breast system make you break out? April 11 2008, 9:09 AM

Almost immediately that I started pumping with Noogleberry my face burst out into a horrible mess of acne. I'm guessing the acne is connected to the Noogleberry pumping because I rarely had any spots before, but my face suddenly exploded into a mass of spots. I'm glad I found this thread because what's posted above may help.

Louise
(no login) Re: Could brava breast system make you break out? April 11 2008, 7:42 PM

So I'm still the only one who's skin is better when pumping!

Another good remedy is called 'Bye Bye Blemish' - I think it's US based but you can get it in the UK too. Be careful not to use too often on the same area or it leads to dry crusty patches but it really dries and flattens any big spots.

Brava users and chest muscles
March 12 2009 at 3:04 AM roakie (Login roakie)

I have asked this before, more than once, and no one has ever responded.

My pectoral muscles (the chest muscles under the breast) are huge and hard from wearing Brava. They have always been noticeable because I have no breast tissue to speak of, but even where they attach to the upper arm is so big now. I never have had pectoral muscles this big and strong, even when I used to be into strength training. I don't like it, especially since there is very little breast tissue over them!

Does anyone else using Brave notice this?

Author Reply
molehills
(no login) Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 12 2009, 3:15 AM

not me yet, but I remember reading on the Brava website that one of the people who gave a testimonial said when she had a mammogram they told her that her pecs had gotten bigger than someone who lifts a lot of weights...guess that tissue is under tension too.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 12 2009, 7:14 AM

Uugh. Well, I hate it. They are SO big and I think that might be a big part of what is making me measure a tiny bit bigger, and not actual breast tissue growth.

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 12 2009, 9:04 AM

I have not noticed any difference in my chest muscles. They don't look bigger and I don't think they are stronger.

I don't just measure my circumference I also measure each breast individually from the begining by the armpit and to the sternum where it ends. I do it because I am looking for more symmetry and maybe you should do it as well so you don't include your chest and back!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 12 2009, 1:25 PM

Cousin rose, do your domes extend under your armpits when you wear them? I have the medium wide and my chest circumference is 30 inches. The silicone rims touch at my sternum, but the outside rims definitely extend a bit under my armpits when they are on. I wondered if the narrow domes would actually give my pec muscles a break. Thing is, I just got new medium wide again and my measurements seem to big for the narrow.

Rox3
(no login) Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 12 2009, 2:19 PM

Roakie - my domes do NOT extend under the armpits when I wear them. They go to the armpits but not under. I have Wide Large.

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 13 2009, 10:00 AM

My underbust measurement is 28,5 inches and I use the narrow ones. (I am borderline narrow/large). Mine don't go under my armpits if I have them close together in the middle.

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 13 2009, 2:35 PM

my underbust is 29.5, and I have wide large domes. They do go somewhat under/into the armpit but kind of roll under there with suction no matter how much I try to flare them. That's the most uncomfortable spot....

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava users and chest muscles March 13 2009, 3:07 PM

I measure 30" exactly and was told to get wide/medium. I have the same problem as Molehills. If the suction gets too great, the rims roll under at the armpits.

Even with narrow, they would still got over the pec muscles so I guess this is unique to me. My husband can't believe how big they've gotten, either. Especially where they cross from the rib cage over to attach on the upper arm. They are like a big, hard rope.

update and white marks
April 23 2009 at 2:29 PM CousinRose (Login CousinRose)

It has been a month since I stopped using the system and I have kept my 5 cm (2 inches). I think it is there to stay Smile

However I still have white marks (not stretch marks) on the upper side of my chest where the domes lay shaped like the rim. I have no idea why. Has anyone else experienced that?

If this is not common I am thinking it might be because I went to the solarium while using the domes (not with them on ofcourse) and maybe I didn't clean the stickiness well enough and it blocked my skin. It looks like tan marks. Does anyone have a better theory?

Author Reply
molehills
(no login) Re: update and white marks April 23 2009, 5:18 PM

Congratulations! That's good news for all of us.

About the white marks, I have them too. I think it's actually because for me the skin of my breast just inside where the rims lie has darkened a bit, so above it looks lighter by contrast. I think this comes from dehydration there where they stretch a lot? Anyway, rubbing moisturizer in helps somewhat and I'm hoping it will go away.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: update and white marks April 23 2009, 7:08 PM

Awesome, cousin rose! How encouraging that you have kept your growth. I also have large rim marks above my breasts and I worry that they will be visible after I stop. I don't know why they are so visible since it is not the same below my breasts. I have no fat up there (just skin over bone) so maybe the skin is more sensitive to pressure. At least my bathing suit is a racer's style with a high neck. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare go lap swimming!

cleaveage border????
October 18 2007 at 1:02 AM lexy (no login)

so i was feeling my breasts today before putting brava on. 90% of the swelling was gone and i payed more attention to my swollen cleaveage. i had noticed that long ago but never cared much about it until i started feeling it today. it's like a bone mass, exactly where the domes meet the boobs in the cleaveage area. it's like the part that was sucked into the domes at the edge stays permanently swollen. it feeles exactly like a 1 inch wide solid borderon the entire cleaveage, upper most point to the inner middle of each boob.

not sure if i managed to make myself understood, but if i did... is it just me?

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: cleaveage border???? October 18 2007, 5:46 AM

I think I'm beginning to develop a hard lump on the cleavage side of the right boob - can feel it more when I really overdo it, it started when I noticed the left side was bigger so airlocked separately until they were equal size in the domes (so more pressure on the right). Only did this for a couple of days but the right was then bigger than the left for about 2 weeks, now it's back to normal. Think it's the bra that did it because it pushes the domes towards the middle and puts more pressure on the sternum. If you don't wear the bra the domes point outwards and to the sides diagonally - this makes the pressure more even all round and not concentrated on the sternum. I worry anything on the sternum is costrochondritis - however this doesn't seem to actually have any serious effects (just a scary name!) and the medical treatment for it is rest, which you'll do at the end of your session anyway. I'd just keep it to 11 hours for couple of days and check again. Mine's only really obvious when I overdo it and then it's painful esp when I take the domes off. It's not anything anyone else would notice on you so if you end up with nice boobs it's a small price to pay!

lexy
(no login) Re: cleaveage border???? October 18 2007, 2:21 PM

i have had this for a very long time since brava. and it's not between the boobs it's jusy where the boob starts. but i always thought it was wselling and never paid attention. until now when i realised it is solid. i also have a bump on one of the ribs on the sternum since a week after i started and that never went away completly. i made that cause i was trying to get then together in the middle and i overlapped them so i had great pressure on that area once or twice. i gave that up but the bump is still there. not as big but...
nothing looks bad and that border is covered by the fat on the boob but i can feel it. i'm thinking it may be cause i still wear the medium wide domes when i go out since it's autumn and i can cover them easely. i fill those out completly and my boobs take the shape of the dome's inside. not sure yet.
so i'm the only one?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: cleaveage border???? October 18 2007, 2:52 PM

No, I meant that's exactly what I have, on the cleavage side of the right boob kind of where the silicone meets the plastic. It's a kind of bony lump in the boob but you can't push it around like a cyst or a boil. I can fill the narrow large in about 3 hours but I think when they're totally filled you're not getting the tension so I either move up to the XL or just leave the nipples touching but not he skin so I'm still getting a pull. Either way it's still more suction than with the smartbox.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: cleaveage border???? October 18 2007, 2:53 PM

Sorry, mine doesn't stretch the whole side it's about the same 3D size and shape as an almond and only on the right.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: cleaveage border???? October 19 2007, 2:17 AM

During my first post Brava monthly breast exam I found a hard almond-sized painless rubbery elongated lump under my left nipple which was only detectable when I did the self-check lying on my back with my arm behind my head. I had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy and was told it was a fibroadenoma. I asked if Brava caused it and was told no by my doctor. She said I probably always had it. Funny how I found it as soon as I stopped using Brava for 11 weeks. It probably doesn't hurt to have some time in between cycles to rest everything. I plan on another Brava cycle in December for about 4 - 5 months.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon