Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ladies who've had success with MSM

Do we know if the growth with MSM is permanent? I did a forum search on MSM, and also read that link to the hair-growing forum, and as far as I could tell, some kept their growth with MSM, some didn't, and some hadn't gone off of it long enough to know for sure.

From what I understand, it supports the growth of collagen, which would seem to imply that it would encourage new tissue, which would be permanent.

I'm thinking of switching to MSM instead of gelatin, but I would hate to get excited seeing growth that would just leave later. I get bummed out enough over the luteal swelling leaving!

Are there any ladies on the board that can attest to the permanence of MSM growth?

*bump*

Anyone?

My growth stayed after I stopped MSM...in fact, I got another half an inch after stopping...Smile I've now been off it for nearly 2 months I think and have kept all the growth...

(04-11-2009, 04:56 AM)melly Wrote:  My growth stayed after I stopped MSM...in fact, I got another half an inch after stopping...Smile I've now been off it for nearly 2 months I think and have kept all the growth...

Ooh! Just what I needed to know! Thanks! Big Grin

Also regarding MSM....

If I take tablets, will I get positive results too? Or is powder form much much better?

Tablets are fine too...

has anyone had success with just taking MSM and nothing else?? i want to start MSM... but i might be allergic to sulfa... so i might not even be able to do it =(

(13-11-2009, 07:07 AM)hwannielove Wrote:  has anyone had success with just taking MSM and nothing else?? i want to start MSM... but i might be allergic to sulfa... so i might not even be able to do it =(

MSM is a member of the sulfur family but should never be confused with sulfa drugs, to which some people are allergic. MSM is non-allergenic and does not interfere with any other pharmaceutical medicines or supplements. MSM is also called organic sulfur. I am allergic to sulfa based drugs too and have zero problems taking MSN.

BTW- just started it a few days ago and already have significant breast tenderness and they are def fuller! Something is happening. Mine is brand Source Naturals and it has ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) added. I started on almost 3grams/day and am upping the dose today. Did have a break-out but it's already starting to clear. Cool

(22-11-2010, 11:44 PM)Stardust Wrote:  
(13-11-2009, 07:07 AM)hwannielove Wrote:  has anyone had success with just taking MSM and nothing else?? i want to start MSM... but i might be allergic to sulfa... so i might not even be able to do it =(

MSM is a member of the sulfur family but should never be confused with sulfa drugs, to which some people are allergic. MSM is non-allergenic and does not interfere with any other pharmaceutical medicines or supplements. MSM is also called organic sulfur. I am allergic to sulfa based drugs too and have zero problems taking MSN.

BTW- just started it a few days ago and already have significant breast tenderness and they are def fuller! Something is happening. Mine is brand Source Naturals and it has ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) added. I started on almost 3grams/day and am upping the dose today. Did have a break-out but it's already starting to clear. Cool

(If I have a size A breast would this help me move to a size B or C?)Wink

I had a lot of success on MSM, tho I seem to respond very positively to almost everything I tried. And yes the result was permanent (no NBE in about a year!). I only noticed a slight lessening in fullness after stopped taking it. However, it also made me feel hungry all the time. So that is another issue to consider. Try and see if/how ur body responds before investing in a ton of pills. And yes I took in pill form. Now Foods brand. It is powder inside capsules. I don't know if tablets would work or not. They are often not as easily absorbed by the body since they are harder to break down. I personally was taking 7g/day and getting results. I noticed growing pains on a lower dose but this is the dose I had to take for actual growth results.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon