Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Raw's weight loss thread

Hey, I hope people won't mind but I want to do something like this to motivate me to stick to my routine and perhaps help others. I would like to lose weight before I make an attempt at nbe. I'm about 15 pounds more than I would like to be. I'm hoping to lose 14 pounds in 7 weeks. I've timed it so that if everything goes by plan, I should start my cycle the day I reach my goal weight.
Height: 5'8"
Current weight: 139
Goal weight: 125
Of course I am not fat. Some of my friends even think I'm thin but I think my body looks best at 122-125. I'm also curious because when I was 18 and 122 I was almost completely flat but now I'm a AA/A. I'm wondering if that's due to weight gain or natural growth.

I don't know much about weight loss so my routine is pretty crude. I hope to create a 1000 calorie deficit every day and hope that it translates into a 2 pound weight loss every week. I will do this by eating 500 calories less than I usually do and burning off 500 calories with exercise. Wish me luckWink!!!

Week 1, day 1:
I ran a mile today (I'm really out of shape so this is quite an achievement for me) which translates to about 80 calories burnt.

I will try to burn off 420 more calories using a combination of stationary bike/elliptical.

i works for me is eating smaller meals, and more often. i also drink 1 - 2 bags of green tea a day.

lowering calorie intake is important, but i think more important is cutting out bad for you food like soda and fried processed food.

6 months ago, if i walked a mile, that would have been SUCH achievement! i couldn't even jog for 1 city block without running out of breath! so yeah, i know what you're talking about. haha. i started working out just 1 time a week, then 2x a week, and now 6 months later, i'm doing it about 3x a week. i figured if NBE doesn't work, a flatter stomach can give the allusion of me having larger breasts. what's worse than having small breasts is having a tummy that's bigger than the breasts.

oh and if you ever want to vary your workout routine, youtube has tons of workout videos.

good luck! Smile

(04-01-2011, 06:47 AM)lled34aa Wrote:  i works for me is eating smaller meals, and more often. i also drink 1 - 2 bags of green tea a day.

lowering calorie intake is important, but i think more important is cutting out bad for you food like soda and fried processed food.

6 months ago, if i walked a mile, that would have been SUCH achievement! i couldn't even jog for 1 city block without running out of breath! so yeah, i know what you're talking about. haha. i started working out just 1 time a week, then 2x a week, and now 6 months later, i'm doing it about 3x a week. i figured if NBE doesn't work, a flatter stomach can give the allusion of me having larger breasts. what's worse than having small breasts is having a tummy that's bigger than the breasts.

oh and if you ever want to vary your workout routine, youtube has tons of workout videos.

good luck! Smile

Yeah, I forgot about the tea. Luckily I don't drink soda. I want to try and go on a raw food diet. I know what you mean about the stomach. I HATE when people tell me to "gain weight if I want bigger breasts". No thank you, I'd rather be thin and flat than thick with A cups.

i agree with lled's suggestion about smaller meals. Um...I've heard that the perfect BMI for NBE is 19 so keep that in mind when going for a flatter tummy and also drink lots of water(but not too much) i've read that sometimes when you feel hungry you might actually just be thirsty. Water also gives you the feeling of being full so you eat less.I'm eating less than before since I started drinking water.

I personally think you may be at a good weight for your height, but it's usually your own opinion on things that matter.

I sometimes also think I would look better if I was a lower weight (I'm 5'4.5 at 110 lbs), but I can't stand not eating. So I focus more on exercising and training. If you like the lean skinny look, I recommend trying exercises like pilates, yoga or ballet. You can easily get a DVD and do stuff at home if you can't afford to take classes.

I personally love the Tracy Anderson Method because she combines all those types of lean muscular exercises. She also has a healthy eating plan if you want to change your diet. (I don't follow it because I like my food and it's hard to find some stuff here in Japan).
Here's a link to her site: http://tracyandersonmethod.com/
I find her method works if you at least stick to it. I'm trying to keep to it to prepare for my wedding in Hawaii later this year.

Also, something that may help, drink lots of water. If you think you feel hungry, drink a cup of water and see what happens after that. Sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty. So eliminate sodas, juices and alcohol. Switch to water and try to drink 2 liters or more of it a day. Your body just functions better that way.

(21-01-2011, 03:59 PM)Super Boob Wrote:  I personally think you may be at a good weight for your height, but it's usually your own opinion on things that matter.

I sometimes also think I would look better if I was a lower weight (I'm 5'4.5 at 110 lbs), but I can't stand not eating. So I focus more on exercising and training. If you like the lean skinny look, I recommend trying exercises like pilates, yoga or ballet. You can easily get a DVD and do stuff at home if you can't afford to take classes.

I personally love the Tracy Anderson Method because she combines all those types of lean muscular exercises. She also has a healthy eating plan if you want to change your diet. (I don't follow it because I like my food and it's hard to find some stuff here in Japan).
Here's a link to her site: http://tracyandersonmethod.com/
I find her method works if you at least stick to it. I'm trying to keep to it to prepare for my wedding in Hawaii later this year.

Also, something that may help, drink lots of water. If you think you feel hungry, drink a cup of water and see what happens after that. Sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty. So eliminate sodas, juices and alcohol. Switch to water and try to drink 2 liters or more of it a day. Your body just functions better that way.
I am at a good weight but I think I look better when I'm a bit thinner. Then my breasts look more in proportion and my waist looks smaller.
Congratulations on your wedding. Unfortunately I just started school so I probably won't be able to strictly stick to a healthy diet.

hi, don't you think that weight gain is just a weight fluctuation ?
it's hard to stay the exact same weight all the time, it changes due to seasons or mood, try to no torture your self if not needed !

contrary to lled, i use to eat three big meals when i want to loose weight, but both methods are okay, and eating small meals often like she does is known as more healthy.

(04-01-2011, 06:47 AM)lled34aa Wrote:  i works for me is eating smaller meals, and more often. i also drink 1 - 2 bags of green tea a day.

good luck! Smile

Have you researched the green tea? I hear you have to be very careful with it not to get flouride poisoning. Other than that, make sure it's from a reputable company so you know what you're getting.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon