Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Breast pumps and pumping side effects

side effects
April 21 2008 at 7:36 AM arzoo (Login fruity0711)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all

i was just wondering if there are any negative side effects of using brava, bb, or noogleberry?

thanks

Author Reply
Amy_m
(no login) Re: side effects April 21 2008, 3:58 PM

No, not that I know of. Your breasts get quite swollen, you might get little 'blood dots' (not sure what they're actually called - but it's when tiny capillaries break - like when you get a bruise) but they pass after time. Some people have reported to get spots, but I haven't had any, so I don't think so. Oh yeah, and you get those red rings around your boobs when you've just finished, but they also pass. The only annoying thing I have is slight scabs between my armpits and boobs, simply cos' obviously cos' of deodorant that part of my skin can't sweat, so it's gotten a bit dry when getting pulled by the domes and left tiny little scabs, but they'll obviously pass too, so nothing permanent.

arzoo
(Login fruity0711) side effects April 21 2008, 7:42 PM

thanks amy!

Susie
(no login) Re: side effects April 21 2008, 9:32 PM

Some women here have given up using Brava because they felt it was causing permanent damage to their nipples by changing the shape of them. I've also heard some women say that Brava desensitised their nipples.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: side effects April 22 2008, 3:26 AM

I've heard of desensitized nipples as well, but for me it is quite the opposite, the are more sensitive than ever

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: side effects April 22 2008, 3:34 AM

BB made my nipples more sensitive. Not overly so. but after breastfeeding 3 littles ones I had no sensitivity left. BB made them feel normal again. And I was really brutal sometimes with the suction too high. I also got the broken capilaries once in a while with BB. I still have 2 of them to this day. They are not bad. Just two tiny red dots about the size of a freckle. You can see them in my pics from side view. I don't know how to get rid of them. But if any of you do please do share! maybe I still have them because I don't massage? would that help?

Amy_m
(no login) Re: side effects April 22 2008, 7:53 AM

The only way I know of how to get rid of them is by getting them lasered at a clinic or salon. I don't know how much it would cost, but I guess if you're really distressed by them, you can always find out? I'm guessing it wouldn't be too much since it's such a tiny area.

Nina S.
(no login) Re: side effects April 22 2008, 8:03 AM

Almost immediately that I started with Noogleberry my face burst out into a horrible acne. I wasn't sure if Noogleberry was the cause until I saw a that couple of other girls here had the same experience.

Anthea
(no login) Re: side effects April 24 2008, 7:30 AM

Do rashes and blisters count as side effects? Because I had both of those and they were hard to get rid of. I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned it in this thread, as it seems to be a common problem.

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: side effects April 24 2008, 12:25 PM

Most people find the stickiness of the domes makes your skin itch. The first 2 weeks I found the pressure from the domes painful on the sternum area. After that it was ok but I have had skin irritation a few times. The most recent became really inflamed and I've had to stop for a bit to get it healed up with hydrocortisone cream.

baby
(Login babyboo.) Re: side effects April 24 2008, 12:52 PM

, positive for nb for me wud be that my boobs are so much fuller in such a short space of time, and i can see the potential of them getting bigger wen i get bigger domes, and they are very firm too,being able to pump both at the same time,,, save lots of time.

negative... the little red blood dots,, but they go, the iching after pumping, wen the domes are on the more u pump the more uncomforable it can be on yr armpit,, , i havent experienced any bruising or scabbing but i suppose it early days

after pumping about 2 hours ago i put 1 of my old lingerie bras on,, u know them flimsy kind with no underwiring and my boobs were poping out of it i cudnt believe it, proper big cleavage,, he he im so excied,,, i need to pee!!!

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: side effects April 25 2008, 3:10 AM

Holey crap well I'm not about to go at them with a laser! Not really too bothered by them since I have freckles anyway they just look like to tiny red freckles. I think I will give a little massage a shot since they are getting really sore again anyway. Might make them feel better if nothing else. but I wonder if massaging that area will help the blood move back where it belongs or whatever is wrong with the capillaries. I don't really understand them. Either they are broken and the blood is stuck in the skin and can't move, or the capillaries are just so close to the skin that they are visible but not broken. Mind are round so I don't know.

Those of you getting acne don't you think it is just because the hormone shift? maybe if you stick with it the acne might pass

Sara C
(no login) Re: side effects April 30 2008, 10:34 AM

The answer is yes there are side effects: SKIN PROBLEMS of one kind or another.

Kate
(no login) Re: side effects May 10 2008, 6:23 PM

I experienced shrinkage marks which look like silver stretch marks with Brava.
My nipples also sag slightly now.
I also did not get any growth even though I wore the system as required.
I would give anything to have my pre-Brava breasts back.

Have all these breast pumps been thought about enough?
May 17 2008 at 8:06 PM Dita (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have all these breast pumps been thought about enough? COnsider this... if you are putting a pump on yourself it may cause 'swelling' because you are essentially damaging the tissue. Also that same damage will heal and go back down, but the effects the pump had on your skin will never go away, talk to any woman who has saggy breasts from having kids. skin stretches and most times it doesn't stretch back. so you will have bigger boobs (if it works) but they will go away and what you do have will be saggy.... MORE than a bad idea.

Author Reply

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Have all these breast pumps been thought about enough? May 17 2008, 9:50 PM

Not true for me at all. I had saggy empty boobs before using suction. BB took out the sag and helped to fill them out. A full year after I have completely stopped any type of suction and my boobs are just as perky as they were in my teens. I never went back to being saggy. You also are not considering that these suction devises increase blood supply which is probably the reason they take out the sagging. It's not the same thing as growing and then losing weight. Not the same at all. At least not with the BB. Can't speak for the other ones.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Have all these breast pumps been thought about enough? May 18 2008, 5:05 PM

It's likely that we're creating connective tissue rather than glandular tissue, but either way it shouldn't go away and shouldn't be so prone to disappearing with weight loss either as it'll be less dependent on fat storage.

Apple Strudel
(no login) Re: Have all these breast pumps been thought about enough? May 26 2008, 7:54 AM

Don't forget these breast pumps are used by breastfeeding mothers and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.

Anthea
(no login) Re: Have all these breast pumps been thought about enough? July 21 2008, 9:15 AM

I must admit I am worried by skin stretching, so I think this question was a valid one to ask. The other theory is that, due to the elastic nature of human skin, prolonged pumping of any human body part over a long enough period of time will produce enough stretching to give the impression that there is growth.

Sheep
(no login) Apple Strudel July 23 2008, 8:25 PM

NO! Pumps for breast enlargement are NOT the same as what nursing mothers use. Not at all.

Portugese_girl
(no login) Re: Have all these breast pumps been thought about enough? July 29 2008, 2:26 PM

i completely agree!!

It may work for some people but for me it simply damaged my skin and left me with slightly saggy nipples.
i wore the system for ten weeks last year and apart from getting no growth I got horrible stretch marks on the inside of my breasts. They are silvery streaky lines, which because of the swelling I only realised about when I gave up using the system.
Really disgusted that Brava don't warn people about side effects such as this. They specfically told me you can't get stretch marks. I'm sure not everyone dces but I did and a year and a half on i am still really upset about them. Small and firm is a lot better than small and stretch marked!

please ease my concerns about pumping....
February 25 2009 at 3:30 AM justpeachy (Login justpeachy12)

Hi all. I am considering trying pumping, but I have a few concerns. Since many of you are experts on this, I hope you can help.

1. I was on the noogleberry gallery, and I noticed that some of the results look somewhat fake, like implants (very large, hard). Is this a common occurrence when pumping?

2. I worry size is usually not permanent and is only due to swelling. If pumping is not maintained, is it likely that you will go back to normal size?

3. I noticed from pictures that the nipples/areola of those who pump seem to turn out an angle. Why is that and is there any way to prevent that?

4. How do you prevent the red rings around the breasts from the cups, and which pumping system is best recommended if you want to avoid it?

Some minor other concerns I have are time and privacy. I worry that it might be too time consuming, and also I live with others and want a system that is quiet and discrete both in use and when its not being used. all suggestions and advice are welcome. Thanks.

Author Reply
waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: please ease my concerns about pumping.... March 2 2009, 4:01 PM

Hi JustPeachy,

Although I am sure that others will respond as well, let me see if I can answer your questions.

1. I was on the noogleberry gallery, and I noticed that some of the results look somewhat fake, like implants (very large, hard). Is this a common occurrence when pumping?

The swelling that occurs after pumping is indeed obscene in some cases... lol. They are not hard, but very, very full. This kind of swelling goes away rather quickly. Check out those who have posted pictures about 12 hours or more after pumping. The breast no longer looks 'implantish' just a larger version of what the woman started with.

2. I worry size is usually not permanent and is only due to swelling. If pumping is not maintained, is it likely that you will go back to normal size?

Yes if you stop too soon there will be no permanent increase in breast tissue - just swelling. However, tissue expansion does promote increases in breast tissue. Brava gets it done in the smallest amount of time (weeks) because you spend 10 - 12 hours a night using it. Noogleberry gets those hours done over the course of many weeks (ultimately years) because you pump just an hour or 2 per day. Maintenance with noogleberry is not hard at all - just 2- 3 times a week to maintain a desired size.

3. I noticed from pictures that the nipples/areola of those who pump seem to turn out an angle. Why is that and is there any way to prevent that?

Many women have a lot of nipple change during pumping. Some place waterproof bandaids over the nipple to reduce pumping's effects. As far as the nipples turning out - that may ultimately be the effect of the breast being enlarged.

4. How do you prevent the red rings around the breasts from the cups, and which pumping system is best recommended if you want to avoid it?

Red rings will be temporary for most. Mine last only about an hour after pumping. I think the Brava domes are the most cushioned - however - the silicone lining of the domes does seem to cause skin issues in some. There are dome rings and other ways to cushion the domes - but all of them are going to leave marks for at least an hour or so.

As far as your questions about privacy and noise. Brava is done for the longest time, so this might be hard to keep from others since even though you do it at night you still do it for 10 - 12 hours. BB machine method is noisy - it is only done for an hour or two at a time, but it is not quiet. Noogleberry can be done for just 30 minutes a session. This can be just once or twice a day. However, aside from a few that seem to respond well to short sessions, most pump twice a day for at least 30 minutes to an hour. It can take more than a month for sustained swelling to begin with Noogleberry.

All the suction methods have their pluses and their drawbacks. The other thing is that you might respond to one method better than another. There have been several reports of women who did not respond to Brava having great success with Noogleberry. There have been other women who did not respond to Noogleberry. The same thing can be said about the BB machine.

I hope this has given you the information you were looking for.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Permanent Damage?
March 2 2006 at 10:44 AM Sabrina (no login)

Is it true that some women have suffered permanent damage from using brava and other suction machines? I'm sure I heard this somewhere.

Author Reply
Jane
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? March 3 2006, 7:00 PM

Probably just a rumour. I think it would be highly publicised if it were true.

Anita
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? March 7 2006, 9:04 AM

There is a lot of negativity about Brava and some of it leads to false rumours and incorrect information. Try not to listen to rumours because it is the kind of thing that easily gets out of hand, often based on a simple misunderstanding that got repeated a few times.

sassy
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? March 7 2006, 11:52 AM

The permanent damage stories are nonsense. Women sometimes think they have got some permanent damage, but they are panicking and they haven't. Let me tell you this, I myself had very bad skin problems after 3 months of brava. I had what some people would call scarring in the form of skin lessions and what seemed like friction burn marks at the side of each
breast. But after 6 weeks without using brava all this has completely vanished and my skin tooks absolutely back to normal. I must admit I had thought these marks would take a lot longer to go away, but it just goes to show how quickly the skin can repair that kind of damage. So I
wouldn't be concerned about the idea of permanent damage. I think scarring that lasts would be very rare.

Leigh Anne
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? May 10 2006, 10:57 PM

Haley, you said you used Brava for 3 months. How long since you stopped using it? Did you get results? Good or bad? I just ordered it and now I'm reading alot of bad stuff about it. Any info is helpful. Thanks!

Sandra
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? December 6 2006, 10:50 PM

Bumping up for the person who was asking about permanent scarring.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? December 10 2006, 11:20 PM

i think permenant scarring is a definate possibility

Backache_be_gone
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? December 20 2006, 7:32 AM

Hi Sabrina,

Is the permanent damage the scar? or, you heard something else? Can you clarify it? I have less concern on skin since it is visible and easy to get treatment. If the "damage" is not easily to be detected....:-(

kel
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? December 21 2006, 7:02 AM

I am very intrested in this, I seem to be having major skin irritation, I think it may leave a scar. I am really curious about the possible permanent damage....

Bekka
(no login) Re: Permanent Damage? January 12 2007, 3:39 AM

Not an expert on the Brava machine, but just asking if you are making sure to use those wipes around your breasts prior to putting on the domes? When I would run out of them, and still go ahead and use the machine, I would get really sore read marks on my chest.

firmemup
(no login) Pumping side effects - see this August 2 2007, 2:46 AM

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx...h&tid=4237

Hundreds of women posted - After reading 65 posts, only a handful posted anything positive about brava - and they were currently using the system. All of the other posts I read were negative. They reported losing the growth, horrifying skin rashes, skin lesions, scarring, lactation, nipple issues, and more.

What a huge disappointment.

hicky looking mark and red lines
November 3 2006 at 7:02 PM KAT (no login)

For the last few days I have noticed what looks like a hicky on my right breast after I remove the system as well as red lines about two inches long around the side crease and bottom crease of my breast, will these go away? I don't want to stop wearing the system because it is not a rash or anything like that it doesn't bother me it just looks bad

Author Reply
Sandra
(no login) Re: hicky looking mark and red lines November 6 2006, 9:33 PM

Those kind of things are common with Brava, it's nothing unusual. Unfortunately they are not very likely to go away whilst you are still using the sysatem.

Floojie
(no login) Re: hicky looking mark and red lines November 8 2006, 6:38 PM

I agree with Sandra, these things happen with Brava. It's part of the experience and really difficult to get rid off when you're still using the brava. I can't say anymore. A friend of mine reported having nipple insensitivity, but it seems to have eased sine she stopped using the system.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: hicky looking mark and red lines November 8 2006, 11:02 PM

Brava is a nightmare. I wore for 10 weeks, had to have a break a coupla times during this cos of rashes/blisters, putting me right back at the begining. In the end, i stopped thinking i was only gonna end up with more and more scars. I've moved on to wonderup and have far better results in much less time and swallowing tablets 3 times a day is nothing compared to the hell that brava is.
Oh, and 3 months later, my Brava scars are still blatent

Will using a breast pump cause cancer?
March 1 2009 at 7:57 AM Teresa (no login)

I know that a breast pump causes breasts to grow bigger through soft tissue expansion(if I'm not mistaken). But if that was the case, then wouldn't oversuction on the breasts cause too much tissue replication and thus leading to cancer??

I do have 1 or 2 aunts who had breast cancer so I'm very concerned about using the breast pump.
If anyone thinks this theory of mine is mistaken(which I do hope it is), please reply back. All feedback are welcomed.

Author Reply
BooBoo
(Login Boo_Boo_Bear)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Will using a breast pump cause cancer? March 1 2009, 6:34 PM

No, tissue expansion does not cause cancer. It does, however, increase your own tissue. This means that if you develop breast cancer (which would happen with or without suction and regardless of your breast size), that new tissue will be just an vulnerable to it as your original tissue. Below is a link to a Brava page that discusses cancer and suction.

http://www.mybrava.com/clinical-trial-re...safety.asp

Anyone Used Brava with Benign Breast Tumor?
July 31 2007 at 3:43 AM Shelly (no login)

I have been considering using Brava. I have a small benign breast lump (fibroadenoma) which is very common in young women due to estrogen levels. Pathologist that did biopsy said these are not required to be removed because they are not cancer and will not turn into cancer. Called Brava and rep says it is not recommended to use if you have a current lump but if Brava doesn't cause cancer, why would it matter if I used it with a non-cancerous area?

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anyone Used Brava with Benign Breast Tumor? July 31 2007, 4:50 AM

Because brava causes growth of your breast tissue, that would include the growth, causing it to grow larger, also, i imagine. good luck.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Anyone Used Brava with Benign Breast Tumor? July 31 2007, 8:20 PM

I actually just finished 11 weeks with Brava in June and when I did my first "post Brava" monthly self breast exam this month I discovered a small oval lump under my left nipple. It was only detectable when I would lie on my back with my arm raised. I didn't bother with exams while using Brava since I didn't lose all the swelling as I never waited the full 14 hours before next wear session. I went and had a biopsy last week and it came back as fibroadenoma which is benign. It could have possibly always been there since they typically develop in women under 30 and I am 42, but because Brava deposits some fat maybe it made my breasts less dense and easier to notice it or perhaps the Brava System made this grow along with the surrounding breast tissue as I did end up gaining about 1" which for me equaled going from a small B to a full B. I am wondering now if I should complete a 2nd cycle in the winter or give it up as I don't want it to grow more.

Shelly
(no login) Re: Anyone Used Brava with Benign Breast Tumor? July 31 2007, 8:41 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll have to do a little more research before I decide to purchase. I guess it might also be a good idea to have some time between cycles as you planned on doing just in case we have something we don't know about.

Black Sheep
(no login) Livingonaprayer August 1 2007, 9:23 PM

You said that Brava deposits fat, how is that possible?

livinonaprayer
(no login) Black Sheep August 2 2007, 1:17 PM

When I talked to my OB/GYN about the fibroadenoma and why I never felt it before Brava she said that Brava adds fat cells and I have very dense breast tissue so the little bit of fat helps make abnormailities more noticeable since it spreads out the breast tissue. I also believe if Brava enlarges breast tissue it must enlarge everything else inside the dome meaning the fibroadenoma probably grew. I don't think Brava could have actually caused the fibroadenoma, just made it more noticeable. Regarding depositing fat, I also found out I was placing the domes too low at first because I had swelling under my breast too and the coach said I needed to place the inside rim exactly 1 1/2" below the breast crease because as the system activiates it would be in the correct location and also because this swelling would eventually grow into a "fat pad" under my breast if I didn't place the domes in the proper location. I know with mammograms they say it's hard to notice abnormalities with dense breasts. According to Brava, you will add in proporation to what you already have. If your breasts get smaller when you lose weight, you still have existing fat cells that have just shrunk and Brava multiplies those along with breast tissue. Obviously someone that stores more upper body fat probably has somewhat better success with Brava because they have more existing fat cells in that area. Unfortunately, most of mine is on my hips and thighs!

See the statement below I copied from Brava website about fat:

Cells are first stretched and then grow. The device creates a sustained mechanical tension, which is translated to the cell via biochemical signals. A gentle pull is placed on the breast tissue, the cells respond by developing new generated breast tissue growth. Normal balance is restored and breast size is increased. MRI analysis of clinical participants indicated an overall proportional even increase in all elements (i.e., fat, fibroglandular tissue, etc.) of breast tissue.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Update to above info August 2 2007, 1:46 PM

Sorry. The OUTSIDE rim of domes should be 1 1/2" below the breast crease, not the inside rim as I previously stated.

breast pumps and red boobies afterwards
April 8 2007 at 7:59 PM rose (Login rose34)

hi there ladies.....

i have been using a breast pump for about 2 weeks 10-15 mins a day on each breast noticed that they are becoming firmer but afterwards i notice that my breast have swelled so much that they have red spots on them afterwards like litte blood vessels that have been stretched just was wondering if this was normal and also that maybe i should pump less....was wondering what experience others have had....

thanks for listening and happy growing...xx

Author Reply
Skyler
(Login skyler_s) Re: breast pumps and red boobies afterwards April 11 2007, 8:38 AM

Small blood vessels are delicate. Be careful not to stretch them too much or you will break them.

Edit Message Delete Message

minniecooper
(no login) Re: breast pumps and red boobies afterwards April 15 2007, 11:15 AM

well sorry to tell you but the "breast pump" you are using is not healthy and is doing no good anyway, delicate breast tissue takes a LOT of Regulated time... to grow, i would use nothing but the Brava system if i were you.

An article against Breast Pump!
May 10 2009 at 3:31 PM mrshuy (Login mrshuy)

"In the 70's a breast enlargement pump came out on the market for the first time. Unfortunately, it didn't come with any instructions or guidelines, and many women actually damaged their breasts because they were using it too much, too long, and too roughly. The device itself was too powerful, and many women found it painful to use.

New, more modern breast enlargement pumps are on the market today, and they come with guidelines and programs. Many of the latest natural programs consist of an oral supplement, a topical product, and a breast enlargement pump. A newer natural breast pump model typically does not cause woman any pain or significant damage. Unfortunately, they are not much more effective than the first pump prototype.

A natural breast pump is supposed to work by helping balance hormone levels and increasing the production of tissue and collagen in the breast. Breast volume is largely composed of fat, and the more fat you have in your breasts, the larger they are. However, there is no possible way that a mechanical object such as a breast enlargement pump can stimulate your body to produce more fat and tissue. Hormone levels and tissue production are stimulated and regulated by internal chemical processes in the body – an outside mechanical force cannot cause this to happen.

Breast enlargement pumps are popular products because they appear to cause growth in the breasts. What they really do is temporarily increase blood flow to the area. If you apply suction to an area of your body, blood flow will increase and the area will become swollen, like your lips will be after a good session of kissing! However, once the source of suction, such as a natural breast pump is removed, the swelling and any resulting growth will only last for an hour or two. The change is certainly not permanent.

A breast enlargement pump does not offer permanent increase in size, and it also comes with the potential for injury. While today's pumps are more gentle than their earlier counterparts, the newer models can cause broken blood vessels. Breasts are fragile objects: connective tissue can tear and milk ducts can be damaged. A natural breast pump is not a good thing for the overall health of your breasts.

A final reason not to purchase a breast enlargement pump is because it is time-consuming to use. Since most have just one cup, you may need to spend an hour a day with a suction cup attached to one of your breasts in order to fulfill the recommended daily usage of about fifteen minutes per breast twice a day.

When you are looking for ways of naturally increasing your breasts, look for herbs and supplements that can help you achieve permanent results, not a breast enlargement pump that only offers temporary gain.

Carol Berman is a health researcher who has been studying natural remedies and supplements for over a dozen years, including natural breast enhancement products and applications.

I have no comment about the article as I myself havent try one (although I have a chance to see directly)
I want to hear users' opinion.

Many thanks.

Author Reply
elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: An article against Breast Pump! May 11 2009, 7:51 AM

When I first read the article my thought was that since she's talking about breast PUMPS that PUMPS the breast (unlike TISSUE EXPANDERS such as Brava) she might have a point. Simply pumping breasts my not be as effective as tissue expansion, where you keep a constant pull at the breast to cause it to grow new tissue.

When searching for information about NBE on the internet it's tricky to know who is unbiased and who isn't - there are a lot of pages out there that wants to give the impression that they are neutral, when, in fact, they are anything but!

Thank goodness for forums like this one where we can share real experiences with people that are real and don't want to sell anything... Wink

mrshuy
(Login mrshuy) Re: An article against Breast Pump! May 11 2009, 6:16 PM

Hi,
I totally agree with you, but I still wonder about that article if its conclusion is true in some extent or not?

I myself agree that breast is 1 of the most sensitive part of the body with a lot of blood vessel and tissue.
Because the suction device must suck quite hard in order to swell our boobs.

I am not sure about things that the article said but I myself think that the suction device may cause sagginess.
This is because the breast pump will make our breast swelling, it suckks so that the breast has more fluid and blood --->> breast looks bigger. at the same time, our breast skin must stretch out of course
However when we stop using it, those adding fluid and blood is gone. But the breast skin still stretch out.

So I think the breast pump is more suitable for ladies who breastfed. Young girls should not use it.

Best wishes.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: An article against Breast Pump! May 13 2009, 5:19 PM

There is quite a lot of scientific evidence that tissue expansion causes the growth of tissue. It is used throughout modern medicine in various ways.

Brava and the other pumps used most frequently work via external tissue expansion. They do create the formation of new tissue - albeit very slowly. The cell by cell growth take a lot of time and hours of suction.

In order to achieve a modest growth of about 100cc, Brava takes 10 - 12 hours for at least 12 weeks. That's potentially over 1000 hours of time spent in the external tissue expansion.

Other suction methods have the potential of producing lasting results as long as that 1000 hours is achieved and there is not a very long break between sessions. In other words, 1 - 2 hours of suction a day would take over a year of daily use to come up to 1000 hours.

These methods are safe when used properly and they get the job done. There are very few cases of the skin stretching in a way that leads to stretch marks. It is true that it seem the women who have been pregnant before get the best results, but those who have never been pregnant before also get results.

Suction methods are far safer than herbal methods which alter a woman's hormone levels. Herbal NBE is not a sure thing in any case, nor is it always a lasting thing.

Just thought I would share this since I felt the article was misleading.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: An article against Breast Pump! May 15 2009, 9:20 AM

Mrshuy,

I don't agree with you that young girls shouldn't use brava! On the contarary, it's my feeling that the younger the person, the better they can grow!

waxingmoon,

good to see you here! I'm so surprised, you're saying that herbs aren't really safe - I thought that you were into herbs!? I don't feel worried about using herbs wisely, I would much rather take a few pills everyday than changing my entire lifestyle around in order to squeeze in as many brava hours as possible (as I'm doing right now!). However, for those that don't want to use herbs, or for those that just can't figure out how to mix the herbs to get results (like I couldn't!) it's wonderful that there is brava! Some people will grow very easily, and some only need to start doing a little massage, eating some booby friendlý food, doing suction (BB or noogleberry) for 1-2 hours / day, or eat extremely low potency comercial pills and still grow! That is fantastic and desired, but some of us will not respond that easily and I think long term use of brava is our best bet! I also believe that keeping a positive attitude and visualizing ourselves as we would like to look (which is super easy for us brava useres, we don't even have to visualize it - it's right before our eyes when we take the domes off!!) is very beneficial in this exciting growth process.

Happy growing and may we get all the patience and persistence we need to achive our dreams ; ))

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: An article against Breast Pump! May 15 2009, 1:07 PM

Hi Elusia,

I merely said that suction was much safer than herbs - and that is true.

Herbs are basically drugs. They may be 'natural'. They may be very low in their effect, but they are drug-like in their action on the body.

Phytoestrogens come in various potency and some are more potent than our body's natural estrogen. Very few who use herbs know which herbs are high or low potency, or even the logic behind why they would use one herb versus another. Most experiment - which is hardly what I would consider the safest thing to do for health sake.

The side effects of some of the herbs are 'legendary'. Saw Palmetto can cause weight gain. Fenugreek can cause acne. PM interferes with normal menstruation.
And the list goes on... Are these awful things? - Maybe not, but they do show a change in the normal function of the body. They show a disturbance in hormonal balance.

Personally I have not had what would be the traditional herbal routine. I tried several and all of them interfered with my precious hormonal balance that I no longer consider herbal NBE safe for me. I know I am a canary in the coal mine as far as my body's sensitivity - but if it has wreaked havoc in my life then it could in others who may not understand what is happening.

We don't get them all the time, but occasionally some woman will post about her negative health consequences from using herbs. Typically in regards to elevating estrogen levels.

So - before I drone on and on... lol. I am not AGAINST herbal NBE. I do however caution people on monitoring their health and I do try to head off bad case scenarios in motion.

I have never read of any health issue caused by suction except one. Women who use too powerful of suction can and will damage breast tissue. Bruised breasts are not healthy. Aside from this though - suction has proved to be something that does not interfere with hormonal balance. That is why I say it is safer than herbal NBE. Its worst case effect would be localized, whereas the worst case herbal effect could devastate someone's entire health.

So anyway... another novel... lol.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon