Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Timing of supplements

Hi Ladies,

I've just been reading through all the threads on BO. I'm trying to work out if it matters when you take your supplements, and what you take them with.

For example, does it matter that you take the BO immediately with a protein shake? Or is it better to take the BO by itself?

At the moment I am taking BO 500mg, before breakfast (with a protein shake), and some other pills like pituitary, kelp etc.

And then before lunch.

And then before dinner.

Or does it not matter too much when you take your supplements? I figured that people seem to say its good to take them in the morning and evening to spread it out. I am taking them spread out even more including lunchtime. Or should I stop taking them at lunch and take more pills at breakfast and dinner instead?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Also does it matter what time of day you take the l-tyrosine and kelp? Or is it just a matter of them building up in your system?

I've been taking two protein shakes a day. One in morning and one in evening... I figured it was good to spread it out. But is that actually true?

I think the only ones that really matter on timing is the BO. For sure keep it in morning and night by itself. I think the rest of the supplements can be taken however you feel comfortable.

When I was taking alot of them I divided them in half and took half at lunch and half at supper, just because I couldn't handle swallowing that many at once.

Mel

yeah, its quite hard to swallow all the pills at the same time! My body starts rejecting the water I'm pouring down my throat! And some of the pills are quite large.

Cheers

Hi again! Smile
I wanted to answer you how the BB's work o.k.???
The BB's tell you to take the pills one in the morning and one in the evening. (I don't know how much of BO there is in it...so if you are taking 250mg per pill and you are taking a total of 1500mg so take 3 pills in the morning and 3 pills at night. o.k.?)
They also recommend not to take any supplements with it. If you are taking L-Tyrosine in the morning then you can take it maybe a half an hour after taking the BO.
And They also recommend not to eat an hour before taking the BB and an hour after taking the BB.
I think that they recommend to drink a protein shake with it...but I personally don't drink mine then. I drink mine after I do my workout.
So I take my pill after I wake up...that's the first thing I do after I check my morning temp. then I wait a half an hour and take a half pill of Iodoral (Iodine supplement that helps in raising your body temp by helping the thyroid to function better).
and the 2nd pill I take 2 hours after I eat dinner. so I take it an hour to an hour and a half before I go to bed.
I hope I helped you in a way...and I hope you will find what works best for you.
I am crossing my fingers for you that the BO will work for you Smile

P.S.
I think that you can take the Kelp and Pituitary with the BO. I know that the BB's have Kelp and Pituitary in it....

thanks Eva!

Great to hear from you. How is your progress?

Ok, I will add an extra l-tyrosine pill but make sure when I take them I take them awhile away from the BO.

I'm still unsure when to take the collagen because it says you are meant to take it 30 minutes before eating....

I am not sure if I need to take iodoral as well??? I am taking kelp, l-tyrosine, pituitary, and adrenals.

If they recommend taking a protein shake with the BO then I think I'll do that.

I'm going to take my BO dosage down to 1,000mg and start slowly! So I will take 2 in AM 2 in PM. And then I'll increase it slowly.

Thanks for your comments

I'm happy to help! Smile
about the L-Tyrosine...see if the 1000mg wont make you spot. I know someone that took 1000mg and she had spots from that amount...so check..o.k.?
about the Iodoral...I don't know...I just know that the Boobs need Iodine everyday...I think the amount is 2.5mg a day. or even more. I don't remember.
So I just take a half pill...I don't want to take to much Iodine. the pill has 12.5mg Iodine in it. and I take 6.75mg.
I will see if that raises my body temp as well.
I don't think you need to take that too...you are taking adrenal right?
I wanted to see if I should add that to my routine...I asked itsjust4fun91 about it but I still didn't get an answer.
I don't know if it is good to add another pill of glandular. I think that BO glandular is enough. But that's only me.
I wish I new more about the adrenals.
If you would like to chat with me on gmail...I would love too...I already now chat with 2 gals and it's great! we ask each other things and it's online! it's cool! Smile
If you would like too...send me a PM and I will give you my E-mail. o.k.?
Good Luck!
Eva.

thanks Eva.

The kelp I am taking is 225mcg, not mg. No idea what mcg is.

So at the moment I have looked at other people's programs and am working through the following timing of supplements.

- wake up
take probiotic straight away (this is good for digestive system)

- 30 mins later
2 BO (250mg each)
1 Pituitary (180mg)
1 Kelp (225mcg)

- 30 mins later
1 collagen
1/2 teaspoon MSM
1 hyalauric acid

- 30 mins later
1 protein drink

- 10 - 30 mins later
breakfast

- straight after breakfast
1 adrenal
1 l-tyrosine (500 mg)

Afternoon

1 protein shake

Before or After dinner (at least 1 hour)

2 BO
1 Pituitary

30 mins later

1 collagen
1 hyalouric acid
every second day - 1 sheep placenta

(Taken after eating) - this is because adrenal has to be taken on a full stomach to avoid stomach problems
1 adrenal
1 l-tyrosine

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon