Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

used brava breast from ebay

used brava breast from ebay
October 10 2006 at 2:19 AM guest (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am thinking of buying a used brava system. I am wondering what I need to pay attention when I look for one at ebay. Basically the domes have been used for 10 weeks, are they still good? Thanks

Author Reply
Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: used brava October 10 2006, 12:31 PM

Hi, I think you may be on a false economy here, be very careful buying second hand domes. The domes can loose there tackyness very quickly and it depends on how clean someone has been in washing them every day after use. The silicon also starts to get rough with wear and so germs can become trapped . The other problem to look out for and ask the question is whether the seal is still OK around the dome, this can become defective and leak although I think this can be fixed with silicon sealant. Why don't you look out for Brava on Ebay who do sell very cheaply without the back up of the after care that you pay for if you pay full price. Mine came with a smart box and domes etc for $900 which is about £600 , far cheaper than direct from Brava or a DR. That was after fearsome bidding as the size I wanted was popular. I try and compare it with surgery costs and think well its a lot less and non invasive. Alternatively look for someone who just hasn't been able to commit the time or had a problem wearing them.
If you read the comments here on the forum you will soon see that most wearers have had skin rashes etc , me included, and I personally would not want to wear someones domes knowing what my skin was like . It's OK now though ! Just be careful and good luck !

Edit Message Delete Message

HopeBrava
(no login) Silicon sealant October 26 2006, 5:43 AM

Hi Lynn,

You mention about fixing the leak by "silicon sealant", have you tried it? My SmartBox needs to work like every 10 minutes. Does it mean my domes have leak? It really becomes annoyed during the night. I wash (and some rub) my domes everyday with the Brava cleaner, I do see some missing sticky material from the silicon.

Thanks.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: used brava October 26 2006, 1:12 PM

actually, the domes still work well even when the stickyness has worn off them. this is also stated in the Brava handbook. I bought second hand domes and they worked well for me. Better than paying full price for sure!

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: used brava October 28 2006, 1:08 PM

Hi again, sorry for the delay in responding.

I've found that the Brava cleaner makes my skin and domes less sticky so I use an ordinary alcohol based antiseptic cleaner for better adhesion. But never on the dome itself.
You should not be loosing pressure so often . Either you have a leak, try putting the dome in water and check for air leaks by completely submerging the dome. I have not had to use the silicon sealant but other users below have , ask them for advice.
The only other thought is perhaps you could suck out manually first to get a better fit then connect your smartbox. This lasts longer for me anyway.
Another thought and perhaps the girls on the forum could help..... are you wearing too wide a dome ????? Only a thought .
Keep at it ......I wore mine for 13 hours last night and wow !!!!! I was huge this morning !
I'm only in week 6 so along way to go.

Dealing with damaged domes
August 14 2007 at 10:11 PM Flat Fran (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well ladies, Fran joins the Brava bunch. I picked up a used set on eBay. Generally good shape. Less than half a cycle on them. The right dome does have a bit of damage to the sole. It is in the upper right quadrant. Has anyone discovered how to rehabilitate a damaged dome, or have tips for keeping it going as long as possible? I try to pull that area out as much as possible, but the suction seems to be able to pull it back in. Any advice will be appreciated.

Fran

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER damage August 15 2007, 12:31 AM

That is all you can do with em. Is try to keep the weak area pulled out and hope it doesn't get worse. I sometimes wear em upside down as it changes the angle they are worn on. It helps a bit.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dealing with damaged domes August 15 2007, 2:21 PM

I've tried that too - the little itchy bit at the edge sometimes turns in and annoys me, doing half the session normally then turning upside down or swapping R for L gives the skin a rest. Using an airlock with increased suction will hold them on tighter but be careful to increase suction gradually to avoid an arc shaped hickey mark! Other people on here have recommended buffing the non-sticky area with a green scouring pad to make it sticky - there's a post about it somewhere.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Welcome Fran! August 15 2007, 2:26 PM

p.s. welcome to the Brava group ... don't get discouraged, the first week is the worst then it's not so bad at all. I also only started to consistently get D cup swelling after 4-5 weeks.

Just a warning about ebay - a seller quoted me £350 for new domes (domes only) including shipping (both in UK), to get the new domes from Brava is only £200 and that includes next day courier delivery!

Also don't buy a ready made airlock, you can buy the tubing yourself for small change and it takes about 5 mins to build yourself.

Good luck x

Flat Fran
(no login) Thank you Seri and Louise August 15 2007, 10:00 PM

Helpful information indeed. Fortunately all is tacky and the seal holds well. A L / R flip would place the damaged area over my sternum. The firmer surface might belp. I'll try that.

Louise, the first night was hell. Last night was my sixth. None as bad as the first. I do wake VERY early and don't really get back to sleep. Other than that, problems have been minimal. Minor skin irritation, a little soreness. Nothing that I can't handle.

I'm keeping it down to about 11 hours for the first week or so, then will ramp up. I'm really impressed with the system. I'm determined to stick with it and make it work for me. My body type is much like Seri's and if I get half the result I'll be delighted.

Thanks again for your advice.

Fran

Whera can I buy a full set of Brava bra.
November 14 2006 at 12:29 AM Natalli (Login Natalli)

Hey everyone,
just wondering if somebody knows where to buy a full set of brava bra. I know I can get them on brava.com, but it so dear. i am a student and couldnt afford it. Could anybody help me.
Thanks a million.

Author Reply
Janet
(no login) Re: Whera can I buy a full set of Brava bra. November 21 2006, 8:03 PM

A lot of women find they can't commit to brava and give up after a couple of weeks, so you can always find people hawking them on ebay. It should be easy to find systems that have hardly been used.

Sandra
(no login) Re: Whera can I buy a full set of Brava bra. December 6 2006, 10:41 PM

Be careful not to get ripped off on ebay as dandelion did. I bought a few things on ebay but always cheap stuff, so it wouldn't be a problem if anything went wrong. Buying expensive stuff on ebay is another matter.

shiv
(Login ScottishGal20) Re: Whera can I buy a full set of Brava bra. January 9 2007, 11:39 AM

Hi there,

I know some people would say it's risky but I got my full Brava set from a seller on Ebay....I got the whole set including smart box and brand new back up Manual suction system, I got everything included in the set including some brand new extras (roll on prep etc). The seller had a buy it now price of £400 but I put in an offer of £300 and she accepted. It is really good value for what I got as the whole set was in excellent condition. I am also a full time student so buying second hand was the only way I could afford it. If you are going to buy on ebay...just look for a set that has everything you want and ask the seller about the condition and go for one that has a photograph of what you are getting (not one that is copied) and I'm sure you will find something!

Good Luck! =)

hopefully not a stupid question
September 8 2008 at 6:07 PM amy (no login)

I am buying a used brava.

How do i know if the domes are good(description reads still tacky)

I am getting med domes to start-how long should they last before i need to get large?

Ok and when i get swelling will it last til i wear the brava again?so i will have boobs the whole time im using it , as long as i get back to it every nite?

i am a aa and am wondering what size bras i should invest in while im using it?

Im sorry if these are dumb questions cuz i have never used suction and never even seen a brava except online and im trying not to make a mistake.

also this airlock thing is it better than the smartbox?

and finally will any sport bra work or is the brava one special?

thanks

Author Reply
bravagirl1
(Login bravagirl1) Re: hopefully not a stupid question September 8 2008, 7:09 PM

I used a brava airlock system for 15 weeks and found it much better than the smartbox.My smartbox broke down 3 times in the first 6 weeks of wear which is why I bought the airlock.I think it gives a better suction and results.My system came with a zip up black bra which worked fine.Infact I found the brava bra really itchy so the cotton lycra bra that came with my airlock system was much better.The system I bought had only been used for 2 weeks and was advertised as tacky domes and they were fine.I bought mine off ebay.My swelling would last for about 3 hours at first after removing the domes and then around week 6 the swelling would last nearly all day.If you do decide to buy second hand I would say make sure y0u pay a little more and get a good condition system,and make sure it is listed with a photo.If you by from a seller with a few good feedback you should be fine.It is a good saving buying second hand and some of the systems are like new.The airlock system is best to buy as you know you will have no parts to break down like the dreaded smartbox.I went up nearly 2 cup sizes with brava and I still have all my growth 3 months on.Well worth the effort I put in.Good luck

amy
(no login) thanks brava girl September 8 2008, 10:05 PM

thanks for responding and if its possible 2 get 2 cups sizes in 16 weeks-OMG i would love it...
well i am going 2 go buy my brava ..will start a program page to keep track.

can u wear it in the daytime ?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: hopefully not a stupid question September 9 2008, 3:19 AM

bravagirl, did you use it for 15 weeks AFTER the initial 6 where you had smartbox trouble to make a total of 21 weeks? or just 15 weeks in total?
2 cup sizes in 15 weeks is absolutely amazing!
do you mind posting more details about starting-ending sizes?
also, did you use anything else at the sime time, i.e. herbs or magnet therapy, or just brava???
thanks a bunch!

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: hopefully not a stupid question September 9 2008, 3:11 PM

I would not bother spending money on the airlock...i am sure it is better than the smartbox which is unreliable and costs way too much to fix--all I do is suck the air out of the tubing and bend it over and fasten with a rubber band. It works great and i get awesome swelling. My advice is to be VERY patient. I have used brava over the course of 2 years...first time 32 weeks, second time 20 weeks, went from 34A to a full 34B, small C, depending on the bra. It was worth the effort and time, but certainly was a difficult commitment. I am on my third cycle and on week #6 (I lost my "fluffiness" due to breastfeeding for a year and a 1/2.) AFter 5 weeks I am already holding swelling though most of the day. I start out really huge and bursting out of my B bras, filling out my C bras quite well. By 3:00 in the afternoon, my bras still look pretty full. By night they seem small again, as you get used to the swelling, but my 34B bras still fit better than when I began 5 weeks ago. I am hoping to be a full B at night by week 10, then I will go another 10 weeks to keep that. If you want to grow 2 cup sizes, I would expect to use Brava for a year. I am not trying to discourage you, just be realistic about your growth. The biggest difference in your breast after Brava isn't size (in my opinion) it is fullness.....instead of a flat chest with a mosquito bite, which I used to have, I now have a real "mound", even when I lie down. Brava gives you breast tissue in the cleavage area. Brava has been a huge confidence booster for me, just don't expect miracles. Enjoy whatever changes you get.

Buying Brava on eBay
July 31 2007 at 8:44 PM Shelly (no login)

I saw some Brava skin care items with an orientation checklist on eBay. It doesn't come with the domes or smartbox. Does anyone know what the checklist is? Is it necessary to use the Brava skin care or can you substitute other items?
Thanks.

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Other than brava August 1 2007, 5:38 AM

For the most part the answer is yes. you can use a good hydrocorizon cream or other skin cream to help your skin recover you can use baby shampoo to clean the domes however.....The skin prep is unique to brava there are other locations you can procure it from. there was a post for it here.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Buying Brava on eBay August 1 2007, 9:15 AM

I prefer not to use hydrocortisone as longterm use of steroid creams will make the skin more delicate and likely to break (or at least that's what the doctor told me when I had it on prescription for itchy dry skin), Seri's obviously used it for months with no problems. Another lady on here recommended Corium 21 aloe vera cream which you get from the net and is supposed to be for eczema - I think I may have been allergic to this. My skin is definiately best now that I just use what I always used, so I just use regular moisturising shower gel in the shower, dry off, use the Brava brand skin prep then put the domes on, then in the morning wash boobs with lukewarm water and put Savlon antiseptic cream and sometimes Potter's skin clear (zinc based acne / eczema cream) on the red marks. I've also been putting Pueria Mirifica cream on the actual swollen boobs just as a hope for general growth. I wash the domes with baby shampoo and the silicon cushions started to bobble after about 4 days but I have totally abused my domes with water and manual suction. Good luck x

Brava users, information please
April 22 2008 at 10:52 PM Sammy (Login Sammy_08)

Hey, I'm new to the forum.

I recently bought a Brava system from eBay (unused) and wondered what else I would have recieved if I had bought it new? I have some printed information, the domes, tubing and black crop top.

Not going to start yet since I'm losing weight and I want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Any suggestions and advice would be very much welcomed.

Thanks a lot,

Sammy.

Author Reply
livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Brava users, information please April 23 2008, 2:06 PM

The sport system $895 direct from Brava comes with:

10 filters
t-tubing
brava bra
bra lingerie bag
sport box with 2 AA batteries
instruction manual
sport box cleaning kit (tray and syringe)
set of domes with rack and box for storage

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER starting. April 24 2008, 6:21 AM

Go for it now while the domes fit. if you loose to much breast tissue the domes may be to large to wear and will not give you the results.

I lost 60 pounds during the 54 weeks i wore the system and still went up 2 cups.

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava users, information please April 30 2008, 3:10 PM

I lost 15 lbs and gained 1.5 cups in 30 weeks.

Sammy
(Login Sammy_08) Your responses May 26 2008, 11:26 PM

Thanks for all your responses. I'm actually underweight at the moment so the way I see it I don't have much tissue to build on anyway. I know that when it gets colder in the winter I'll start putting the pounds back on, so I'm thinking that might be a better time to start?

Its really encouraging to hear about the great results you've all had while losing weight though. My body tends to do things a little bit differently to the 'norm' so I hope I manage to see a difference too.

I don't have the smartbox with mine, but I heard that wasn't necessary anyway...

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava users, information please May 27 2008, 11:28 AM

The good thing about starting in winter is that you don't have to worry about the marks showing as you can cover up with jumpers. Also if you have hot summers where you live you can get quite sweaty and uncomfortable wearing massive plastic domes!

alrite ima do it
August 3 2007 at 8:29 PM pieceapie (no login)

well girls...ive been searching this forum for about a whole year now....i came so close to buying the brava until ive posts about the other machine witch u only have to use for 2 hours....well i think im gonna buy it i know every one is scepikal about it as am i
but i dont have the time to put into brava....with work and child and a boyfriend ....life is just to hectic...and if i only had to wear it for 10 hours i would buy the brava but i talked to a represenitve and they said u need to wear it for 4 months and longer then 10 hours when i only thought u had to wear it for 2 months....so im gonna go ahed and buy this machine on ebay and i will let every 1 know how the results are and what not.............okay?

Author Reply
Flat Fran
(no login) Re: alrite ima do it August 3 2007, 10:10 PM

Good luck hon! Just start out real easy on the suction, work up slowly.

Fran

Loreli
(Login Lorelii)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: alrite ima do it August 4 2007, 6:20 AM

Good luck! Please let me know how you go.
I have been thinking about it too, it would be even good to buy it just to have it there when you have a special occasion and want to pump up your breasts.

Fran - what is the swelling like after an hour session? And how long does it last?

Thanks,
Loreli.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: alrite ima do it August 4 2007, 5:10 PM

Regarding pumping up. It's great as long as you're not with that same group of people over several hours if you took your domes off early in the day because you may end up deflating throughout the evening. My swelling stayed pretty good for a while, but by the time I'd start my next session, those bigger bras I put on in the morning were too big. Also, the outline of the domes is slightly visible with something low cut for a few hours as well. Maybe you could leave the domes on until close to the time you're leaving and then make sure you're not showing too much skin so that the outline is visible. Also, if you're wearing swimsuits you might see the outline. Wear sunscreen if you burn easy or you'll have marks that may be affected by the sun more so than the rest of your skin.

Good luck!

Flat Fran
(no login) Swelling after a session August 5 2007, 11:40 AM

I didn't measure afterwards but my bra cups were tight afterwards. It lasted for 3 or 4 hours. Keep in mind that I only used it for a week. I may go back to it, I may not. Still mulling it over.

Fran

Loreli
(Login Lorelii)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: alrite ima do it August 11 2007, 2:12 AM

Hi Fran,

Thanks for your reply. I purchased the system off eBay then had a few problems with the seller.. (I'm in Australia and he told me postage to Australia was a certain amount then told me it was more..) The total cost with the increased postage was $600AU. So it's a damn lot of money. We both agreed to cancel the bid, however i still think i want the machine but like i said it's a lot of money to spend on something that's going to give me blisters etc. And i always think if Brava doesn't give permanent results over 10+ hours, how is 1 hour going to make any difference. And surely putting really high suction on your breasts isn't good...
Chelle Choi had success with a cheap breast pump from eBay. She gave me the link for this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Guarantee-Breast-Enl...dZViewItem
She used it for 7 months on one breast so it would catch up to the other and she has had success.

After your ordeal i'm not really sure what direction to go in.. Keep me posted on whether you use the machine again.

Loreli x

Flat Fran
(no login) It wasn't really an ordeal... August 16 2007, 12:36 AM

Just an unpleasant side effect of too much suction for my body. If I was up to fiddling with that, I'm sure that I could find a good level. But then, would it be effective? Who knows...

Thing is, I have little patience with stupidity, even when its entirely my own. I picked up a used Brava system on eBay and I'm impressed with the technology. The suction level is really gentle. The big problem, for me, will be learning to get a good nights sleep on my back. The first night was awful. Its been better since then though.

Maybe the 2012 machine will fit in to a later cycle. If you can handle the time, Brava seems to me to be a better bet. At least for now.

Fran
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon