Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

itsjust4fun91's Program Page

What is the "correct way" of measuring the bra size? I always just went to a department store and had them measure me up. When I was still in high school I was wearing a 34 A when I should have been wearing a 32 B. They told, which I also constantly still hear is that your band should be worn on the last hook because the bra band is supposed to stretch, so when it stretches you go in closer...

Plus 34 never really fit me, I would raise my arms and my bra would roll up onto my flat chest.

39 1/2! I wish I had your measurement. Again your looking great. How far do you plan to go? Because it really seems possible!Big Grin

When you measure for a bra, you take your band measurement and Add four to it if it's an even number and five if it's an odd number. So, for me 31 band = 36 according to the rules. 34 stays in place for me better though.

If they gave you a 34, then you should have measured a 30, BUT if you measured a 29 that would also make you a 34, and explain why you felt like the 32 stayed in place better. LOL

After you figure out your band width, you take the bust measurement. for every inch over the bra size bandwidth, it represents a cup size. for me 36 band with 39 1/2 = 3 1/2 inch difference so C cup

I still don't look in the mirror and think, C's they sure aren't what I thought they would look like, but then I put on the bra and it fits like a glove. LOL

Maybe for those of us that have been small for year, we can't really see them as they are. Kind of like someone that has an eating disorder can't see how thin they are.

One things for sure. When I take a picture, I see something completely different than what I see in the mirror! It's soooo weird.

P.S Here is a bra calculator that I like since it takes all of your measurments below, middle and top and then gives you the size in many countries! It's kind of fun to put in different sizes of what you hope to grow to or are almost at and see what it says.

http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php

Hey Smile
I find the way to calculate bras don't ever work for me!
According to that I am a 32AA, but there is no way a 32AA would squeeze on lol!
I'm more of a 32B/small 32C at the minute, so I find those bra measurements very confusing!
x

The biggest thing that might make a difference when measureing is tension.

Here are the directions for measureing correctly from the calculator website that I use at BRA CALCULATOR

Measuring your Bra Size
When measuring to determine your bra size you should, if possible, wear a comfortable standard underwired bra (not padded or push-up, etc.) You should remain in a standing position, keep your back and shoulders comfortably straight (don't hold your breath or push your chest out). Be relaxed. It can be difficult to measure yourself so you may have to ask a friend to help you, this will enable you to stand in the perfect position for measuring and allow you to keep your arms down by your sides.

1 - Measure below your breasts (band size)
Use a soft tape measure. To obtain your band size measurement, measure very snugly around your rib cage, just underneath your breasts. It should feel tight. Be sure that the tape measure lies straight all the way around. Enter this figure in the pink Below field (1). This measurement can be in inches or centimeters.

2 - Measure around your breasts and back (bust size)
Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust (usually over the nipples), keeping the tape measure straight all the way around your body. Enter this figure in the blue Bust field (2). This measurement can be in inches or centimeters but must be the same as in step 1.

3 - Measure above your breasts (above bust size)
Measure snugly around your rib cage above your breasts and under your arms kepping the tape measure level all the way around. Enter this figure in the green Above field (3). This measurement can be in inches or centimeters but must be the same as in steps 1 & 2. note: This third measurement is optional. If you leave this field empty, your bra size will be calculated using only the first two measurements, however, in order to obtain the most accurate results you are recomended to use all three measurements.

So far the calculator I posted above gives me my accurate size and what fits comfortably for me, but it took me awhile to figure out my measurements. But I know if I hold the tape too loose on the band and too tight on the bust, it can make an almost 2 inch difference in what my results would be and then it would be too small for me also.

Followed that step by step, measurements changed by an inch or so either way... still saying 32AA! How strange x

that is strange since an inch or so difference both ways should have made almost a 2 inch difference total. hmmm

The only other suggestion I know to try to get the right measurements is to move the tape around on the bust until you find the fullest measurement you can get maybe. Even the slightest change in position can change it by an inch and make sure the bra you are using is really supportive and putting the breast tissue where it should be and not crushing it.

Just remeasured with a different bra, and cm instead of in, and it got right size woohoo! Haha Smile
Thanks Smile

lol, see, it's true what they say about you can't beat a good bra. Glad you figured it out. It's funny I had just posted a message on your program page about trying to figure out the measurment problems after you post pictures. Glad it's solved! Good luck

Lol yeah it is! I think I'm just having a ditzy day, don't mind me haha Smile

Well the women at the store told me I was a 32 B. I thought I was a 34 A. >.<
Based on that calculator, it says I'm a 32C based on my smaller measurements. and then when I put in my new measurements it says I'm a 32 DD... I don't think it's very accurate.
Also the Japan sizing is kind of off... As a 32B in the US, I'm a 70C, a measurment for 32 bust said 70D

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon