Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava and breast massage

Brava and breast massage
May 7 2006 at 10:28 PM Indiana (Login indiana22)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. I've have been using brava for about 10 weeks now and
the results so far have been slow yet promising- just hoping i don't shrink too much when i stop in about 9 weeks or so!

Anyway, my reason for posting is to ask if anyone has noticed any positive effects from doing breast massage while on brava? I have
been massaging for about a week and a half now with cocoa butter and vitamin e cream- no results from the massaging yet but to early to tell. However, the thought just came to me as to whether massaging while using brava is actually benificial due to the pressure forced on the breast while massaging. I know that wearing loose clothing helps to keep the tissue swollen for a longer period of time, therefore could forcing even light pressure on the breast while massaging be detrimental to growth?

On one hand it sounds reasonable to massage to get the blood circulating to that area to help the cells, but maybe blood there is hindering progress by 'cleaning up' the damage done by the tension brava puts on the cells?? Or maybe the pressure of massage is like wearing a tight bra??

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences wpuld be appreciated.

Author Reply
Linda
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage May 8 2006, 10:10 AM

It's just my personal opinion, but I would have thought that massage would help. Surely anything which encourages circulation to the area would help growth to occur? In order to grow cells need feeding!

Edit Message Delete Message

Anita
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage May 8 2006, 10:44 AM

I don't know the answer to your question, but Brava always recommend against it don't they? I've heard they always recommend no massage whillst using brava.

Cathy
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage May 9 2006, 9:48 PM

It seems to me that massage is counter productive. The point of brava is to induce tension in the breast tissue. If you massage the breast tissure surely you are relieving all the tension, i.e the massage actually achieves the opposite of what brava is supposed to do. Brava causes tension, massage relives tension.

Trudy
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage May 10 2006, 11:12 AM

I asked Brava and was told not to massage. However I don't regard this as a definitive answer because I don't believe that Brava know everything. I think some of their advice comes down to what is really their best guess.

Zoe
(Login minsky)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Brava and breast massage May 12 2006, 10:00 PM

I think it's hard to get a real answer to this question, because I think that nobody know for sure. I can see both possibilities, but which is correct and how can it be ascertained which is correct?

Abigail
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage May 15 2006, 7:46 PM

Surely on questions like this you have to follow what Brava tell you to do?

Indiana
(Login indiana22) Re: Brava and breast massage May 15 2006, 10:45 PM

Hi, to some extent I understand what you mean about trusting what Brava say. However, when I asked Brava whether breast massage was ok it was clear they could not provide a definate answer. I explained to them my concerns about whether breast massage may hinder the growth and their response was pretty much 'Umm....well maybe you shouldn't massage in the morning because your breasts maybe sensitive, but I think it should be ok, maybe just keep massage to the evenings'. They couldn't really answer my qusetion as to whether massage actually hindered the swelling caused my tension, just suggested that massage after brava is taken off may be painful as the breasts are 'sensitive'.

The team at Brava have been helpful to me in some respects but I think we must recognise that they do not actually have any medical experience and are only qualified to answer questions they have been breifed on in their training period. Anything out of this brief is pure guess work & I really felt this when I asked them my question. Just wondering is there is anyone out there who could explain in a techincal sense whether massage with brava helps growth due to the the increased circulation or hinders the process due to the pressure placed on the breast and possibly 'clearing up' some of the tension produced by wearing brava?

I hope we can reach the bottom of this and reach a definite answer-it would be worthwhile to know.

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava and breast massage May 21 2006, 7:32 AM

I'm sure you're right. The people who give advice at Brava are not experts and can really only answer questions that relate to what's covered in their product training. Their answer on a question like this cannot be regarded as definitive. In fact, as you said, it's likely to be guesswork more than anything. I doubt if they have ever really considered that somthing like massage would possibly help. Their line seems to be that you should use Brava and nothing else works.

Sarah
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage June 7 2006, 9:18 AM

I don't know the answer to the question, but what Cathy says above makes sense to me. It sounds like complete sense. I don't think Brava can give a meaningful answer to the question, because I think it's something they haven't really thought about. That's the problem for companies like Brava, the customers always manage to come up with something they hadn't considered and haven't got the real answer to.

elle
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage June 9 2006, 6:16 PM

i was wondering the same thing, when i massage or shower the swelling goes down a bit but it makes sence to massage as it's good for growth. and i agree, when i asked brava if you can use breast enlargement pills with brava, they wernt sure, but recomended against it 'just in case' i mite only massage in the evenings just in case

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage September 9 2006, 2:02 PM

I've been having similar doubts about massage. I bought wonderup massage cream, but thought as i was using brava and my breasts were often swollen, it may not reach the part of the breast it needed too, in order to work. I have been using wonder-up pills though, for 2 weeks and since using them, after having the domes off for 14 hours, my breasts are significantly larger than before using wonder-up pills. But! of course, have no idea if the pills are helping, or if this is all down to Brava

Sarah
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage January 4 2007, 3:24 PM

Not sure about the use of creams/pills in conjunction - how would you know what caused the growth? Or which to stop? Imagine continuing with brava for years if the growth was pills/creams/massages?

(Keep in mind the following is all heresay) Most of the reviews I've heard for pills have said they work hormonally - in a similar way to any breast increase from oral contraceptive pills. So If you get growth it generally coincides with a degree of growth around the hips. The lucky ones are those with a "noodle" body shape, with few femal hormone receptors in their hips, as the growth due to the pill or "breast enhancement" tablets will be disproportionate - their breasts will grow more than thair stomach, hips, thighs and bottom - but all will put on fat to some degree. This seems to be consistant with what I have noticed with two of my young 'noodle' friends (lucky them) who went on oral contraceptives, but if you have a shape with more receptors elsewhere - like a "pear" or "apple", then you will get much more weight gain in your hips and bottom or stomach respectively and will just look "fattter".
I'm a disproportionate pear, and not really wanting to increase my already vulumpruous behind deciding to steer clear of that route - if they do work at all they will probably be better at bottom enlarging than breast enlarging
Hoping that If I get anything at all in growth out of brava at least it cant make my disproportionate shape much worse, maybe a little sagging, but thats about all...
At worse over the next decade I can get liposuction a few dozen times on my bottem half and even up that way...
maybe i've been shut in the house too long nursing giant lumps of vacuum sealed heavy plastic :S

gudjo
(no login) Re: Brava and breast massage January 8 2007, 8:54 PM

I agree with sarah, how would you know what caused the growth. Imagine using Brava for week after week if it wasn't doing anything and the growth was down to something else. I can't help thinking as well that massage might be counter productive.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava and breast massage January 8 2007, 9:54 PM

i put on vitamin e gel afterwards but massage with it? no. i feel it does diminish the swelling and the whole goal is to keep the swelling as long as possible to create new tissue growth. just my 2 cents. good luck to all.

Vicky A
(Login VickyA) Re: Brava and breast massage January 14 2007, 12:29 PM

As nobody seems to know the answer for sure, it would probably be best for brava users not to massage, just in case it's actually undoing the work of brava.

Massage - before or after Brava time
June 11 2007 at 3:38 PM Louise (no login)
Hi, I intend to start NBE, improved nutrition and Brava asap. I've also got PM creme for massage.

Does anyone know if massage is best done before putting the domes on or after taking them off (or will I be so sore after taking them off it won't be possible?!?!)

Summer
(Login summer_skye)
Re: Massage - before or after Brava time June 12 2007, 8:30 AM

You shouldn't massage if you are using Brava. The Brava system is meant to induce tension whereas massage will relieve all the tension, so they would be doing different things.

Massage?
April 14 2007 at 3:02 AM lexy (Login lexy1983)
Do u massage when not wearing Brava? i'm thinking that could help them relaxe after all that tension.

About massage i have a lil tip for growth. i read it in several forums and in some doctors sugestions. Must say that after i did the massage for the first time with no cream i started feeling the same kind of pain you experience before the period and my boobs got firmer so i'm keeping on with it. here's how it is:

1. Sit so that you can press the heel of one foot against the opening of the vagina. You will want a steady and fairly firm pressure against the clitoris. If it is not possible to place your foot in this position, then place a fairly hard, round object, such as one of the steel balls commonly sold in boxed sets in Chinese shops, against the vaginal opening. in other words you need to turn urself on a bitSmile

2. Rub your hands together vigorously. This will cause heat in your hands by bringing the energy of your body into your palms and fingers.

3. Place your hands on your breasts to that you feel the heat from your hands enter into the skin.

4. Rub your breasts slowly in inward, circular motions. Your right hand will turn clockwise; your left, counter-clockwise.

5. Rub in this circular manner for a minimum of thirty-six times or a maximum of 360 times up to two times a day.

i do around 300 twice a day and my boobs are firm and they hurt and i'm not taking any herbs or eating anything special. i measured and i seem to only have a tiny bit of growth that is most likely due to them being more firm. but i only did this 4 days so i'm working on itSmile

Author Reply
Vicky Vic
(no login)
Re: Massage? April 14 2007, 8:23 AM

Maybe I've got it wrong, but I thought the idea was that tension induced growth. Therefore, anything such as massage which relived the tension would be counter productive and actually stop growth occurring.

lexy
(Login lexy1983)
Re: Massage? April 15 2007, 8:02 AM

i haven't tryed the brava yet cause it hasn't arived. was just curious what you girls do. plus when ur not wearing the brava there is no tension i think. again i have no ideea how that feelsSmile
anyway that massage alone has a positive effect on me.

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
Re: Massage? April 15 2007, 8:19 PM

Some women have reported growth through programs based mainly on massage, but I'm not sure that it would do anything to help the process with brava. Surely it's achieving the opposite to what Brava's supposed to do.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
Massage April 16 2007, 2:23 AM

when you massage the breast you do increase blood flow to them however with bravamost of the swelling is from fluid collecting in the tissue because of the suction. However Massaging afterwards is actually detrimental to a certain amount because the increased blood flow will take some of the extra fluid out faster.

Brava recommends wearing a loose bra so you keep as much of the swelling as possible for as long as possible to help promote growth.

However with all that in mind. I do use a good lotion on my breasts after each session and massage it in. i do not do 300 reps....just enough for the lotion to absorb in...It has helped with the rashes and helps to make the lines from the domes go away faster so i can wear clothes that show off the cleavage i have attained with the brava system.

Hope this helps

lexy
(Login lexy1983)
Re: Massage? April 16 2007, 4:41 AM

yea it does. thank you for the reply. that massage i was talking about works alone or maybe combined with herbs. but it makes sense how it would not be good with the brava system. i'll stop and continue it when i'm done with the brava cause it gives me a lot of fullness and i only did it a few days. i don't think they got bigger but they look bigger and very firm. i was a lil amuzed at first by the ideea of holding something down there to release sexual energysSmile but it really does do the trick. i really recommend trying it when ur done with brava.

Good luck

Shirley
(no login)
Re: Massage? June 3 2007, 8:08 AM

I think massaging before using brava increases swelling as the tissue is warmed up in preparation. I'm not sure about massage after using Brava though. I don't know what effect that would have.

What about massage with brava?
October 4 2009 at 5:47 AM kiagirl (Login kiagirl)
I remember reading somewhere on the forum that you are not supposed to massage while doing brava. I've searched the forum for more information on that and I can't find anything. Have any of you girls massaged at all during your brava cycles? Will it adversely affect new tissue growth? I certainly don't want any setbacks! Thanks!

Author Reply
dory
(Login Dory505)
Re: What about massage with brava? October 4 2009, 8:17 AM

I remember Michelle Choi did massage and pump at the same time and got great result

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose)
Re: What about massage with brava? October 4 2009, 11:50 AM

I remember the discussion and some wise people on this forum said that you were not supposed to do massage while using Brava. It was because Brava works on tension and massage relives the tension (you want to keep the swelling as long as you can, not massage is down). Same with not wearing tight bras cause it will keep the swelling down.

I remember someone doing massages in the evening just before putting the domes on because by then the swelling had gone down. I hope she will answer you, I don't remember who it was or if it helped or not. But at least don't do it while you still have any swelling in your breasts but I personally didn't massage during my cycles because of the fear of damaging my results.

roakie
(Login roakie)
Re: What about massage with brava? October 5 2009, 2:34 AM

Yea, that was me who massaged right before putting on the domes. I used coconut oil for the massages and felt it was making what little tissue I had feel all squishy. So, I quit.

However, I think for a lot of women, massage with Brava can work, especially if done right before placing the domes on at night. Maybe just not too vigorously, but something to get the blood into the tissue.

elle
(Login elle09)
Re: What about massage with brava? October 5 2009, 4:41 PM

Brava coach does not recommend any exercises on the top part while you are using Brava domes.I dont know if it is the same with doing messages. Personally, I dont do anything because I dont want to sabotage my Brava results.

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl)
re: What about massage with brava October 6 2009, 1:11 AM

Thanks girls! I so appreciate your input. I've been reading about masssage & other methods of NBE lately & was wondering particularly about massage because I bought some PM lotion to use while I'm doing Brava. I think I will just continue to apply it to my breasts & rub it in gently using a circular motion--but not vigorously like a massage. I'm too afraid of setting myself back with the Brava results. Maybe it will give me a "boost" & speed things up a bit! I'll let you know!

Does Brava have the same effect as massaging?
July 22 2006 at 2:11 AM Jessica (Login Jessica207)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the main purpose of massaging simply to get the circulation going? And if so could I use the Brava System instead of the massage. I would take herbs of course and then maybe wear the system for a few hours? Anyone think that might work/fail??

Author Reply

Epiphany
(Login Epiphany.)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Does Brava have the same effect as massaging? July 22 2006, 5:23 PM

I don't think Brava works at all if you use it for a few hours. I think you have to use Brava for at least 10 hours at a time, otherwise it's just a waste of the effort. I think it's at leat 10 hours at a time or don't even bother.

tms81
(Login tms81) Re: Does Brava have the same effect as massaging? July 22 2006, 6:28 PM

i agree with Epiphany you have to be very strikt when you use brava
i got mine from England and they say you have to wear it for minimum 11 hours a day, and because of the seal breaks some times you should wear it for min 12 hours. more then they say in USA.
If you wear it less than 11 hours you will break the growt cycle and lose days of wearing the system.
SO I HIGLY DONT RECOMMEND IT.

Jessica
(Login Jessica207) Response November 2 2006, 8:43 PM

Yes, I know you have to wear the system for 12 hours for a long time in order to get growth with just the brava system but that's not what I'm asking.

My main questions are:
1. Has anyone ever tried using herbs and brava at the same time?
2. When a person takes herbs they normally also massage the breast to get circulation flowing, so hypothetically couldn't I use the brava system as an alternative to massaging.

The reason I am asking is because, I already have a brava system but I cannot wear it for longer than about 3 hours because it is so painful. So I am going to try herbs. But before I sell it I wanted to know if it is worth keeping to stimulate circulation in my breasts while taking the herbs.

Alice
(no login) Re: Does Brava have the same effect as massaging? November 2 2006, 9:13 PM

You know a lot of those discussing massage are talking about hitting pressure points and acupuncture points, so you have to say for some people the whole massage thing is about more than getting the circulation going.

nb or massage
April 8 2008 at 11:09 PM amy (Login firish69)

can u nb and massage?

Think sumone said one or the other but am taking herbs again so am wondering if they r on the same principal?

massage makes my lil boobs mushy seems like IDK

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: nb or massage April 8 2008, 11:36 PM

What's IDK?

We don't know about NB and massage. I was told not to massage when using Brava and other people have been told the same. We're not sure if NB works like massage, I doubt it works like Brava unless you are wearing for long hours like Brava advise. If you do want to massage you probably need to do that first like a warmup - you'll be too swollen and sore after!

amy
(Login firish69) louise April 10 2008, 8:04 PM

IDN means I don't know

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: nb or massage April 10 2008, 9:59 PM

I don't think massage is compatible with any of the suction methods whether its Brava, BB or NB. I'm not sure why, but massage and suction just don't seem to mix. It's best to choose one or the other not both. I am speaking from my own experience with NB and observing other peoples results as well. Just my two cents. Hope that helps.

Suction and massage compatable???
October 22 2008 at 3:43 AM Jojo (Login PrincessJojo)

At some point I read that someone said that if you are using the suction method of NBE then you should not be massaging as well. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks Jojo

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Suction and massage compatable??? October 22 2008, 5:45 PM

Brava advise people not to massage as they are trying to grow by sustaining tension (apparently even when you're not wearing it) and massage relieves this tension. Personally I think that once you have done your suction session you have either induced growth or not that day and then massage / wearing a tight bra / going braless etc doesn't make any difference BUT I was careful never to massage while using suction just in case. Especially with Brava, do you want to put in the time and money and then mess it up by being over enthusiastic? I don't see that just pressing on the pressure points (see Pansyclub's massage page) and skipping the rest of the massage would affect Brava as you literally poke each place a few times but again I think I only did this once or twice in the whole 7 months last time and I haven't done any at all this time as I'm sooooo busy with everything else.

Jojo
(Login PrincessJojo)
SENIOR MEMBER Suction and massage compatable??? October 23 2008, 2:23 AM

Thanks for the advice Louise!

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Suction and massage compatable??? October 23 2008, 1:09 PM

Hi Jojo,
If the idea is to keep the sustained tension of the tissue expansion created by suction methods, then massage would probably be trouble if it was done too soon after the suction ended.

It might be possible to do right before applying suction (technically the least amount of swelling would be at that moment). I presume that with Brava there is a reduction of size from one session to the next, so the least amount of negative interference would happen when the breast was the least swollen.

Even though Noogle gives less swelling and less retention of swelling, I try to massage only right before I do a session. I can say from the times where I have done only massage and not suction that there is an immediate enhancement of breast size from the stimulation of massage. This 'might' allow for an increase of circulation that could aid in suction method. This might be a bonus for those who are doing short term suction. I would think with the longer hours of Brava that the massage would sort of become a moot point.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Jojo
(Login PrincessJojo)
SENIOR MEMBER suction and massage compatable??? October 24 2008, 2:57 AM

Hi Waxingmoon,
Thanks for your response, I will definately do what you suggest, it makes sense to me. I am a noogler so it is like an extra but of course I believe it can make a difference so I don't want to ruin any impact it can have on me. Jojox
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon