Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

airlock or smartbox

airlock or smartbox
September 24 2008 at 1:31 AM amy (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your opinion whats better smartbox or airlock?

does the smartbox come with batteries?

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: airlock or smartbox September 24 2008, 6:53 PM

AIRLOCK AIRLOCK AIRLOCK

No doubt, airlock all the way. But DON'T BUY A READY MADE AIRLOCK!!

I used the smartbox (you're not supposed to suck out more air with your mouth as this risks damaging it and it's expensive) for about 5 weeks then dropped it and wasn't convinced it was fully functional afterwards. You can either just use the tubing Brava give you and fold the end over using a rubber band or clip to hold or you can buy a one-way valve called a 'check valve' from the aquarium section in the pet shop and stick that in the end. If you need the whole airlock buy the valve + a 't-piece' + 1m or 3ft of tubing from the aquarium section, cut the tube into 3 and assemble into a T shape attaching 2 ends to the domes and sticking the vlave in the other. You can make the whole set in about 2 minutes for small change, for some reason people seem to be buying them off ebay and they're a total rip off!

The airlock isn't just a cheap substitute it is actually better as you get stronger suction.

Whichever you choose make the airlock anyway so you have an emergency backup (it's also useful if you want to wear the domes while soaking in a long hot bath or working out where you'll get sweaty - moisture damages the smartbox.

Edit Message Delete Message

amy
(no login) Thanks louise September 24 2008, 9:29 PM

so basically the domes attatched to the tubes is all u need and fold em over and suck out air?

any recomendations for just beginning?

It seems like the smartbox gently pumps vs airlock ?Does it turn your breasts purple?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: airlock or smartbox September 25 2008, 1:26 AM

no your breasts won't go purple, unless you suction harder than a vaccuum machine haha! because you're sucking with your mouth, you control the suction

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: airlock or smartbox October 1 2008, 1:32 PM

This is just my second week but I started out using an airlock and it was horrible. I couldn't sleep at all, it hurt my skin, ribs and armpits. I only wore it for maximum 4 hours. Then I went back to the smartbox and sleeping was quite easy (compared to the horror nights before). I even managed my full 12 hours this night Smile I think it may be best to start with using the smartbox while you get used to wearing the system. The pressure is lower and you will wake up when the pump gets started (I don't need the alarm and was only awaken once this night). Then switch to an airlock when sleeping and wearing it gets more comfortable, hopefully in 2 - 3 weeks (fingers crossed). At least that is my plan. I am trying to go through this as pain free as possible Wink

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: airlock or smartbox October 1 2008, 6:21 PM

You say the airlock was too hard and it was so painful you couldn't sleep - why didn't you let some air out?!?!

I usually suck as hard as I can then when I can't handle it any more let some out for comfort. I often have to let a little more out so I can't feel the pressure before I go to sleep, the whole point of airlocking is that you're controlling the suction level so if it's too much don't suck so hard!

CousinRose
(no login) Re: airlock or smartbox October 2 2008, 7:51 PM

I did let some of the air out one time and slept really well but I woke up in the morning and the suction was all gone. I don't want that to happen again so I am only going to use the airlock when I can handle more suction so I wont have to worry about loosing suction during the night. I still agree the airlock is better but for me I am going to use the smartbox the first two weeks while I build up some tolerance, then I will switch to the airlock.

NorwayGirl
(no login) Re: airlock or smartbox October 5 2008, 2:00 PM

My smartbox comes with batteries

New Pink Brava domes dont work well with Airlock
May 16 2008 at 6:07 AM autumn (Login auttie14)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEll I bought some domes off ebay when i first started to use Brava they were clear with thick hard plastic then they were breaking so I had no choice but to buy from Brava and Then I got pink domes in the mail that are not clear and also the plastic is thinner. So I have been using the airlock and with the clear domes I bought off Ebay I could suck them so hard i would get the hicki ring around my whole booob for a couple of days and I would get a lot of swelling. But now Bravas new Pink domes the plastic is so thin you cant suction them very hard or they cave in which is so lame. I think Brava did this on purpose. Has anyone else experienced this? ITs very frustrating cause i feel like its setting my growth back i have now resorted back to my breaking domes that are clear because i can suction it harder. Any advice? I wonder i could get some other domes from somewhere else and use it like brava??

Author Reply
Bri
(no login) Re: New Pink Brava domes dont work well with Airlock May 16 2008, 8:50 AM

maybe you should go on the website and see if those are actual brava domes, or call the number listed on the brava site. because u did buy them from e-bay, not brava.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: New Pink Brava domes dont work well with Airlock May 16 2008, 4:25 PM

the first brava domes i bought were on evay, and they were pink, and they also caved in. The second set i bought was on this forum from kiran, they were clear and do not cave in. I'm not sure why they were different (apart from size), but i prefer the ones from kiran. im assuming we had the same pink ones - yes they suck

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: New Pink Brava domes dont work well with Airlock May 16 2008, 4:26 PM

also, the pink ones did not mark their size. Its supposed to be inscripted wll (wide large left, for example) on the side of the domes. NOTHING was inscripted on my pink domes

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: New Pink Brava domes dont work well with Airlock May 18 2008, 5:07 PM

My clear set caved in but the pink set didn't - I assumed this was because when you go up to XL they are too deep in relation to the width to withstand such high pressure. I just sucked hard regardless and it seemed to work.

In 4th week using Brava, and what is the Manual Airlock system?
May 20 2006 at 11:03 PM christi (no login)

I've been using Brava for approximately four weeks now, and I believe my breasts do look fuller, or rounder, rather than kinda pointy as they were before; even if I don't grow a full cup size, if I can make them a nicer shape this will have been worth it for me, I think. I've been averaging 12/hrs a day as I am currently a student and can spend a lot of time at home studying (I would never have been able to do Brava while working since I worked 55+ hours a week and travelled a lot). I purchased the skin care system, which has been great because I have had absolutely no blistering or other sores, I think the "No-sting Skin Prep" wipes have made all the difference (I found a cheaper similar product on another website when I ran out, since the whipes ordered from Brava are $45). Also, because I don't move around much when I sleep, I have hardly ever been woken up in the middle of the night by the smartbox. I could see how restless sleepers would not do well with Brava, though. I've been very religious about cleaning the smartbox and domes as instructed, and so far I have had no problems with either, knock on wood. I do think Brava can work for people able to really, truly commit 12-14 hours a day for several months, at least I'm hoping!

My main question is, I've seen some mentions of a "Manual Airlock" system in some of the posts on this board. What exactly is this? How does it work?

thanks!

Author Reply
Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: In 4th week using Brava, and what is the Manual Airlock system? May 21 2006, 7:39 AM

The manual airlock is an alternative to the smartbox. It's not made by Brava, you buy it separately. If you're happy with the smartbox it's not something you need to bother about.

Renee
(no login) Where do you get it? May 21 2006, 2:38 PM

Where do you get the airlock? What does it look like? How does it work?

Annette
(no login) Re: In 4th week using Brava, and what is the Manual Airlock system? May 21 2006, 7:49 PM

And why do you need it anyway. What is the problem with the smartbox that's leading to this airlock being used instead?

Tanya
(no login) Manual airlock tubing May 22 2006, 4:24 PM

You can usually get it from ebay. It's just some simple tubing you attach to your system. You suck out all the air from your domes, it locks and creates the same pull. You may be able to create it yourself if you can find something to stick at the end of your tubing. Anyway it cost about £35 and it's great to have in case anything happens to your smartbox.

Heidi
(no login) Airlock/check valve June 11 2006, 4:49 AM

It's just a check valve that has been repackaged and overpriced. You can find check valves in the fish section for aquariums. I got one at walmart for $1.75. I got one for a back up in case I had any problems with the smartbox, so I wouldn't lose any time. I used for a couple hours, it works and hold the suction just as well, if not better, as the smartbox.

Sanana
(no login) Re: In 4th week using Brava, and what is the Manual Airlock system? June 12 2006, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the information Heidi. In fact a lot of people do seem to have problems with the smartbox. I get the impression that it's quite common.

really airlock works?
May 12 2007 at 10:52 AM Johana (no login)

Hi
I can to buy smartbox, so Im thinking to buy a airlock, but really it works? It is a airlock? http://cgi.ebay.es/BREAST-ENLARGEMENT-SY...dZViewItem
Thanks.
Johana.

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER that is not an airlock May 12 2007, 6:00 PM

that is not what people refer to as an airlock. And the reason brava works is because of the sustained pressure. something that you use for a couple hours will give you some swelling but highly unlikely it will give permanent results.

Johana
(no login) What is a airlock? May 12 2007, 10:04 PM

I read that airlock is a T tubing, with something that you to suck. So i thought that was a airlock.
With airlock is suction is lost? could I sleep all night with the airlock? Somebody has used the airlock?
What is better, the airlock, or the smartbox?
Sorry for my bad english. Thanks.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER airlock May 12 2007, 10:12 PM

The airlock can but because it is self regulated if you loose the seal you loose pressure you loose time. I do the airlock during the day to get more suction but use the smart box at night. the pump constantly running and the alarm usually wake me up so i can readjust everything to get it working again.

losing suction at night
October 18 2009 at 1:37 PM bizybizy (Login bizybizy)

The last 2 mornings I've awakened to find no suction! I have no idea how long I've been without suction. I'm using Brava domes and sucking the air out myself because my smartbox is not working. Please help!

Author Reply
kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Re: losing suction at night October 20 2009, 1:51 AM

Hi bizybizy,

I never had any luck with the airlock at night and always switched to the smartbox when I went to bed. I got several hours in with the stronger suction of the airlock before I went to bed, then I switched to the airlock again as soon as I woke up. The smartbox was my "insurance" that I would keep suction while I slept. I'm sorry I can't give you any tips for keeping suction at night with the airlock--maybe someone else out there who had success will be able to. Sad

bizybizy
(Login bizybizy) my plan now October 20 2009, 2:24 AM

Thanks Kiagirl! My plan now... I've set my alarm to go off every 2 hours in the night so I can suck the air out again (it seems to be taking about that long to lose the suction) and when I'm out shopping again I'm going to try 'It Stays' or another adhesive and see if that helps.

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: losing suction at night October 20 2009, 7:33 AM

Strange, I never had a problem with losing suction at night. I put on the domes as many hours before I get to bed as possible, and then I suck out a little more every so often, only so much the the rims don't get sucked in or that it hurts. By the time I go to bed the domes sit on really firmly. Since I drink so much water (and protein drink) in the evening, I wake up at least 2 times to go to the bathroom. Then I usually manage to suck out even more air and finally really fill the domes sometimes early in the morning.

But it sounds like a good idea to set the alarm clock every 2 hours, at least then you'll know that you havn't lost much time if they woulld loose suction. I hope this problem won't persist, though!

Smart box vs. Manual air lock
November 3 2006 at 7:52 PM newness (no login)

I am about to purchase the brava system, and would like as much information as possible. Was wondering.. what is the difference between the smart box and the manual air lock? Which of the two is better, or gives better results? Thanks for all responses.

Author Reply
Sandra
(no login) Re: Smart box vs. Manual air lock November 6 2006, 9:39 PM

They are different ways of sealing the system to provide the suction. The main difference is that the air lock is the much cheaper way of doing it.

Floojie
(no login) Re: Smart box vs. Manual air lock November 8 2006, 6:36 PM

I heard that some women have problems with the smart box. I think it's mentioned in some other threads further down. I don't know if the manual thing works as good, but it's maybe less hassle (and cheaper).

Miranda
(no login) Re: Smart box vs. Manual air lock November 9 2006, 1:12 AM

The smart box creates a vacuum within the domes that usually ranges between 15 and 33 mgHg. With the airlock, you need to determine on your own the amount of pressure that is exerted.

I have been using the smartbox and find that it works just fine for me. For the last 3 weeks (I've been using the Brava for 10 weeks now), I have been manually sucking the air out of the tube before attaching the smart box. In the event that I lose pressure in the middle of the night, the smart box turns on and brings me back into the appropriate range.

Should I start using an airlock?
January 18 2009 at 1:05 PM CousinRose (Login CousinRose)
I have noticed that everybody is getting a huge swelling in the mornings but I only get about 2-5 cm (one inch or two at most).

Maybe it is because my breasts are really firm and not very elastic and maybe I need more pressure than the smartbox is giving me.

I am thinking that maybe I stould start using the airlock now (am in my third week). I have had no skin problems so far and I would keep the hours low to begin with. I really don't know what to do, please make suggestions.

Rose

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
Re: Should I start using an airlock? January 20 2009, 5:52 AM

I think the swelling is definitely less when you have tight breast skin. I get more swelling because I have nursed three kids. On the downside, I am flatter than flat with no breast tissue. I swell to about a large B, and am minus A at night. This is after eleven weeks! I have used both the smartbox and the airlock. The smartbox gave me very good swelling and I have a harder time suctioning out a lot of air on my own. However, my smartbox seems to be getting weaker and I am going to use the airlock this week and see what happens. I used manual suction for a week over vacation and didn't get as good swelling as Id did with the smart box. But now, with the smartbox losing its power, I will try manually and see what happens. Just be careful that you don't get too much air out. I notice my skin gets more irritated with the greater suction when I do it myself.

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose)
Re: Should I start using an airlock? January 21 2009, 10:09 AM

Thanks Roakie. I will definatly not be a fast responder but I am not looking for a big change but I do want some change. This is just too bothersome not to get anything out of it. Still I don't know how much swelling is "normal" or how much you need to swell to gain. But I am only in my 3rd week so I am not "gaining" anything yet.

I think it is strange that the smartbox has just one setting because I would think that women that have not breastfed would need more pressure than those who have. But of course I am just guessing Wink If this doesn't work for me now I will try again after I have had children. 3 of my friends that have children had silicone inserted after because they claim it ruined their breasts (I think silicone ruins it more, but just my opinion).

I read your other post about your problems with the airlock and I tried it once in october and slept all through the night and woke up with no pressure and no swelling. (I only used it for a week that time). I had kind of decided to use the smartbox the entire time because if this happens again I loose a day. I am sure I will get more swelling with manual suction but I am still using the smartbox.

manual suction just won\'t work!
(Login roakie)
Re: Should I start using an airlock? January 21 2009, 3:11 PM

Thanks for your input on the airlock. It is helpful to know that someone else has experienced the same problem.

I think Brava designs the smartbox with a certain degree of suction that their clinical studies have shown to produce the right amount of tension for new cell growth. I can't imagine that they just picked a random number and decided to set the smartbox to that. There must be some science to this, I would hope. I mean, when doctors use tissue expanders to slowly expand and grow new skin to insert implants in surgery patients (whether it be breast, bone, etc) they don't just randomly pump up the skin to any amount of pressure. It is slow and controlled over many months. I am assuming Brava follows that same principle but I can't be sure.

Anyway, keep me informed of your progress and good luck. Stick with it. Don't give up!

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose)
longer hours does the trick for me January 22 2009, 12:52 PM

I had the domes on for 16 hours yesterday and my breasts were huge after I took them off. I guess longer hours will work better for me and it is really easy for me to put in the hours. What a difference between 14 and 16 hours. I hope I am not putting in long hours too early, finshing my 3rd week tomorrow. Definitly a plus to be using this during the winter when you don't sweat during the nights. So far no skin irritation and I think not sweating is a big part of it.

roakie
(Login roakie)
Re: Should I start using an airlock? January 22 2009, 2:29 PM

I put in really long hours the first seven weeks I used Brava. I was going out of the country for a week over Christmas and I was afraid I would not be able to bring the domes (which turned out not to be true) but I averaged about 16-17 hours a day. I definitely got big swelling as well. If you can do it, keep it up. I find that now I have cut my hours down to about 14/night.
Did you use the smartbox for those 16 hours or manual suction?

Cousin Rose
(Login CousinRose)
Re: Should I start using an airlock? January 22 2009, 9:50 PM

I used the smartbox the whole 16 hours (today as well). I agree there must be a reason the Brava company picked this pressure but not a higher one. I'm sure they want the best results so they can make more money Wink I am sticking with the smartbox while it lasts me.

Did you loose any nights during your stay abroad? How long are you planning to wear them?

roakie
(Login roakie)
Re: Should I start using an airlock? January 22 2009, 10:10 PM

I didn't lose any nights but the hours were cut way down cause I was in a Central American country traveling with my young adult kids who stay up to all hours wanting to do things. Plus, I was so afraid that customs would view my smartbox as some type of bomb accessory that I left it home for fear it would be confiscated. I had to rely on manual suction which never seemed to produce much swelling. I didn't lose a week but I didn't get far, either.

I originally planned to do this for twenty weeks but I already see I can't stop there. I have virtually no real growth after eleven weeks. I have never even left the domes off for 24 hours so I don't even know if I would retain anything at all after 1 or 2 days. So, I have it set as a goal that I will at least go for 30 weeks, which is May 11, and see where I stand. I don't think I can handle these domes over the summer.

My main problem is that I am flat, flat, flat as a board. If I don't get any growth, I go back to that state. It isn't like going back form a swollen C to an A cup. I will go back to a minus and just bones. I am VERY afraid of that. If I develop so much as a small bump that stays, I will consider that an achievement. Then I will plan to do another cycle the following September.

I am trying SO hard to remain optimistic. Total flatness and 4 years into menopause leaves me quite worried but I am still going to try. One of the girls who posted on a post above mentioned that she had zero growth after one year. Those are the statements that really scare me. If it weren't for some of the ladies here that have seen true growth and told us to hang in there, I don't know how I would be feeling now.

That is why we all need to keep each other up with support and encouragment. I don't know where all the other Brava users are on this forum, but maybe that have a "real life" - unlike this dome-obsessed lady sitting here at my laptop!!!

Cousin Rose
(Login CousinRose)
Re: Should I start using an airlock? January 22 2009, 10:38 PM

I have also heard too many unsuccessful stories and I worry as well that this may not work on me. But at least I will have tried! My expectations aren't big and any gains will be very welcome!

I am actually really proud of myself for lasting this "long" (3 weeksWink). I am usually really good to myself and I love to sleep. If I will be able to finish at least 12 weeks that will be a big accomplishment! (Going overseas in May for two weeks so I will never finish more then 16 weeks).

I can relate to you feeling flat. I may not be totally flat but my breast size is out of proportion to the rest of my body and I NEVER EVER go out unpadded!

airlock experiences?
November 27 2007 at 9:12 PM jodi (no login)
hi girls,
me again. i must have a million and one questions today. just got the system. have been wondering about your experiences with airlock. how do u know how much suction to get? what would happen if you had too much suction? could this cause scar tissue or something? also, can't one just use the tubing that came with the brava system for airlock? any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
jodi

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Sorry....another novel! November 27 2007, 10:46 PM

How much suction - start similar to what the box gives i.e. you should feel a pull but not be in pain. I didn't really airlock for the first few weeks but dropped the box after about 5 weeks and although it does work I didn't trust it so only used an airlock since then and not lost a seal once. I suck until just before it's uncomfortable, or until it's uncomfortable then let a little out. Then after about 10 mins can take some more out, then again every half-one hour. This way it should never feel painful like if you tried to suck this much at once, you'll just be keeping the pressure constant as the swelling gets more. Don't be discouraged if you don't get much swelling to start. I was small 32B to start and didn't really get much past a full C for a few weeks but DD every morning now.

Too much suction - it hurts! Boobs may go purple and when you take the domes off you have a bruised ring like a hickey where they rested, takes a few days to go away (no need to stop wearing). No matter how hard I suck now I don't get the hickey so I guess the skin adapts somehow. You'd have to really overdo it regularly to injure yourself so as long as you're not sitting there thinking they're so tight they hurt don't worry. (You shouldn't be taking painkillers to get to sleep).

If you want to use the brava tubing as an airlock you'll need to fold it double twice then put a rubber band / clothes peg / bull dog clip etc on. Don't use the smartbox as the extra suction damages it (and if you're not going to use it you could sell it!). If you buy the fish tank tubing and check valve to make your own it takes about 2 minutes to make and is all so cheap you can make a spare one too. Put airlock into the search on this forum to get boring detailed instructions or if you can't find I can copy and paste.

Make sure you build up your wear time slowly, like first week 3,5,7,9,11 hours then do a couple of weeks at 11-12 hours before doing longer. It takes a while for the skin to adjust and you'll be really itchy. I had to leave them off for about 5 days after overdoing it the first week and then you've lost the whole week anyway. The first week is horrible but the whole sleeing thing does get better and you'll get used to a pattern of wear time around other stuff you do. I'm actually so used to it now that after my 30 week initial session I'll have 2 weeks off for all the swelling to go, retake the measurements then do another 3 months before having a proper 3-4 month break over summer then probably one last 6 month session. Good luck, keep us posted and try to start a program page with your start/finish height, weight, bust, underbust, bra size and weekly hours.

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
Re: airlock experiences? November 27 2007, 11:56 PM

Eek--- last night I used the airlock and it hurt so badly I kept waking up throughout the night. Then this morning they were purple with the hickey mark around them-----Will not be sucking out that much again.

However they were swollen larger than what they've been since I started so that was lovely!

I also have developed a rash completely around one breast and partly around the other... And I want to see my lover I haven't seenn in 3 months this weekend. =(

Trying hard to make it go away.

Sorry this doesn't really answer your questions jodi =P----- I agree with Louise though--Don't overdo the suction!

jodi
(no login)
thanks louise! November 28 2007, 1:08 AM

thanks louise for the tips! that was so helpful....i will let you all know how i get on. the only thing i was worried about tho is the bone growth a few of you are mentioning on here. that kinda scares me. could this be from causing too much suction with airlock?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: airlock experiences? November 28 2007, 9:44 AM

I would expect it to be worse if you have little-no breast tissue and the machine is therefore sucking at your ribs but this hasn't been the case for Lexy who has similar measurements to me so although not a DD there are boobs there. Guess some people respond more than others. I suck as hard as I can take it so that I'm not too uncomfortable to sleep and I think I have one small bony lump in the cleavage side of the right breast but I think I caused this either by airlocking the right harder than the left trying to even them up (and that wasonly for about 3 days!) or by wearing the bra a lot on hols so I could go out in them in a foreign country where the locals will just assume I'm fat and not think I've stuffed something up my shirt! If you can I'd advise you to wear the bra as little as possible, after the first few weeks when you can handle more suction you won't need it and the bra pushes the domes round to the front more putting pressure on the sternum. Having said that, I think Seri always / usually wears a giant sports bra over her domes and has no problems. I am willing to develop the odd small bony lump as long as it's nothing my husband would be aware of. Hope your husband keeps in good humour, mine really doesn't like my 'Dolly Parton gear' because if I move in the night it gives out a huge fart noise then there's me swearing while I try to fix it and he doesn't sleep well at the best of times. Luckily for him he works abroad so he only had to put up with it for 2 weeks wen I visited. Now I'm at home I don't have farting noises as I can get in a better position with more pillows. If you put pillow into the search function you'll get loads of advice on different sleeping positions - believe me after getting 1-2 hours per night for a week you'll just sleep regardless, so make sure the domes are well attached when you do!

Alcest - I would advise a witch hazel type drying lotion and a zinc based cream and maybe some EPO / borage oil to moisturise. Make sure you have a good wash when you take the domes off but don't wash the cream off before you put them back on. I had 60+ individual spots when I had the one rash I had and this method cleared it in about 4 days. The cream will build up on the domes but you can rub it off (although this will permanently remove the sticky). Hope it gets better, otherwise romantic low lighting and a lot of makeup.

jodi
(no login)
works with no sticky? November 28 2007, 4:56 PM

hi louise,
ok, i see what you mean about the whole bony growth issue. i guess i will just have to see for myself what it does.
but you mentioned to alcest about after using the cream for her rash, the sticky will come off the domes...do they still work once the sticky wears off? i guess you would just have to suck them on good, eh?

gokhil
(no login)
Re: airlock experiences? November 28 2007, 6:09 PM

some women have claimed that they received permanent scarring from using brava, so it seems like there is a risk.

jodi
(no login)
scarring? November 28 2007, 6:11 PM

scarring where? on the outside of the breast? like where the domes rest or what?

Louise
(no login)
Re: airlock experiences? November 29 2007, 12:22 AM

Not exactly scarring from Brava more like scarring from getting a rash and scratching etc until the skin is broken, then using Brava on broken skin then scratching more etc. If you have skin trouble look after your skin. If your skin is dry don't wash before you put the domes on, just wash and moisturise after you take them off, or wash and moisturise before you put them on and use lots of dome prep (although evening primrose oil and the normal body lotion I've used have been just as good).

Louise
(no login)
Re: airlock experiences? November 29 2007, 12:24 AM

Sorry, to answer your other question, they work fine when they're not sticky and they irritate the skin less so don't panic. You'll probably want to suck them on quite tight after a few weeks anyway especially if you intend to wear for long hours. Sucked on tight you can do pretty much anything (I work out in mine) without usually even needing the uncomfortable bra but just using the box for suction you'll be spending all your time on your back!

jodi
(no login)
slight rash this morning November 30 2007, 7:00 PM

hi louise,
thanks for the info about the scarring. that makes more sense to me. i did about 11 hours last night, but realized after about 3 hours that i had forgotten to use the skin prep, so i'm wondering if that's what caused it. i didn't wanna take them off the lose the 3 hours, so i just chanced it. i guess that's what i get. is there any other kind of oil i could use instead of evening primrose oil, as i'm doing homeopathy right now also and can't use strong scents as they can antidote the remedy. have any of you experimented with anything else? i mean, what is the purpose of the oil? to keep your skin lubricated and not break out? i don't have a bad rash, it's just like slight ring around boobs where outside of silicone laid. and it's broken, not complete circles. it might even go away by tonight, but if not, do you think i should take tonight off and wait for the rash to heal? i think i better be safe than sorry. then i might try some oil next time i use them.
that's also good to know that they still work without the sticky stuff on them. i actually slept well last night too. i think i'm getting used to them a little bit now. it's just the slight rash i'm concerned about now.
thanks everyone for all your help.
jodi

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: airlock experiences? November 30 2007, 7:37 PM

I'd say only leave them off when you're actually worried what you have will never look right again! I had a sick rash just once due to wearing them almost constantly for 5 consecutive days, I cut back my hours to 11-12 hours per night, washed the area thoroughly in the morning, wiped with witch hazel lotion to clarify and put on a lot of zinc cream - it was gone in 4 days and I never missed a night - no scars as I didn't scratch at it. A certain amount of redness where the domes sit is normal - if you look at Manolobhal's pic page you will see she has a bit of a mark. I have redness where the domes sit in the morning which is gone in a few hours but if I then wear or even try on a few underwired bras it comes up red again so I wear a slightly padded, non-wired bra in a big size to accommodate the swelling, it's a sporty style with covered elastic round the bottom for support and I do the shoulder straps up as tight as possible. I actually use a 36D (although I was 32B before) and having the larger band size rests the skin a little. I phoned Brava and they advised to wear a big bra so you're not squashing the swelling but not to go braless. For the rash if you can then go braless and totally topless with the zinc cream on for a couple of days (if you can afford to stay in!) otherwise try to go braless and just wear smoething loose and cotton next to the skin.

In terms of experimenting, I've forgotton to use the skin prep a couple of time and skin was possibly a bit dry and itchy but nothing to get excited about. I've broken pretty much all the dome-care rules and have used a lot of various moisturisers, zinc cream and borage oil cream which have got on the domes. Rubbing them off takes the sticky off but I've found them more comfortable since. Personally I have very dry skin though so I think any irritation I am likely to get will be either allergy (which would have happened by now) or dryness so I just try to keep lubricated. Incidentally someone else found Corium21 cream to be a miracle cure for her rash but I was allergic to it and it made my skin worse - use whatever you normally use as you know your skin likes it.

Taking the domes off for a few minutes doesn't mean you lose the session, although I would avoid taking off for more than 5-10 mins if you can but the main thing is not to let the swelling go down as it works by sustained tension. You also can afford to do one 8.5 hour session per week as long as you get at least 11 hours either side of it. Less than 8.5 hours or more than one night in the week with less than 11 hours means you need to add 5 nights to your program. I would say do as much as you can and I've only done less than 11 hours about 3 times since June so try your best.

Glad to hear you're sleeping better

Airlock system vs brava?
July 29 2007 at 6:00 AM firmemup (no login)

Question for the more experienced NBE ladies... I have been reading posts for a while now trying to figure out what's the best course of action.

BO - safety very questionable, great results, simple routine
Herbs - perhaps safe but no lasting results, complicated routine
Machines - reportedly safe, good results, time-consuming routine, lasting results, very $$$

I noticed there are alternatives to Brava. Some reported that they're great, others, not so great.

On Ebay, there's an airlock system that supposedly can be used with Brava cups and your own sports bra. Has anyone tried this system, and had good results? Seems like a much less expensive method, but also seems like it would take the same amount of time and diligence.

I am considering buying one of the refurbished Bravas, but don't want to end up spending $$$ if the airlock would do the same, in less time.

Thank you so much!

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? July 29 2007, 8:11 AM

Personally I would keep BO as a very last resort (in fact I would rather with for macrolane / celution), in terms of herbs if you buy a commercial product (most popular are naturesday or wonderup) it is a simple routine but more expensive than sparate herbs, though also less tablets to swallow. Other people on the PM board take st.herb.

Machines, I am using Brava with a smartbox which is the most expensive as if you consider the theory behind it when they use tissue expansion to create bone or skin tissue they apply the force all the time so I thought long Brava sessions were more likely to cause growth than bravabreast / bosom beauty, although others have given some good and some bad reports to all 3.

If you want to use an airlock making it yourself is v v cheap, you need 3 small pieces of 6mm (1/4 inch) fish tank tubing, a T connector and a one-way valve, attach the bits to make a T shape, attach the two horizontal arms to the domes, suck the air out with your mouth and stick the valve in the vetical tube. The advantage of having the smartbox is it has an alarm if you lose suction to stop you missing a night if the domes fall off when you're sleeping. But some people prefer the airlock as you get more suction.

Carolyn
(no login) What is BO? July 29 2007, 9:04 AM

Hi ladies...you mentioned BO...what is that?

Louise
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? July 29 2007, 6:11 PM

BO is Bovine Ovary, it has real hormones in it as it is actually dried cows' ovary so theoretically should work better than herbs but the thought of it is quite nasty and theoretically there is a BSE risk although the companies that make it say it comes from countries that don't have BSE. Have a look at the Bovine Ovary forum, I think it is supposed to be quite successful if you're not fussy about what's in it, most people are either using Bountiful Breast (which is expensive) or DNE (cheaper) but I think the ingredients are the same.

Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? July 30 2007, 1:52 AM

BO did not work for me and i was on it for 6 months. all i got was acne and a yeast infection Sad it doesnt work for everyone and routines can get very complicated.

Carolyn
(no login) Thanks for the info July 30 2007, 6:52 AM

Thank you for sharing that bit of information...don't think I will try BO after all. I have suffered with acne for many years and have just now gotten it under control. BO would probably start the cycle all over again!

Natasha
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? July 30 2007, 8:43 AM

I would like to know where the original poster gets her information from. She claims that herbs have no lasting results, but that is clearly contrary to the experience of women in this forum. She also claims that machines have good results but even Brava's own pictures show only very modest improvements. She also claims that machines have lasting results, but that definitely didn't happen in my case, because after stopping Brava I lost all my results within a few weeks. Perhaps she could share with us what the sources of her information are?

lexy
(no login) to natasha July 30 2007, 4:00 PM

did you lose the results gradually? cause few girls say thatwhat they saw after about 24 hours is what they got. how long did you wear brava?

Natasha
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? July 30 2007, 8:10 PM

As best I can remember, I used Brava for about 5 months. After I stopped using it the results lasted well for 2 or 3 weeks, but after that they started seeping away. It didn't just disappear overnight.

firmemup
(no login) The info requested Natasha July 31 2007, 2:43 AM

After asking many, many women if they're results with herbs lasted, not one replied positively. Yes, I noted Eve's pictures - but she was on a very complex program for THREE solid years... I've emailed a number of women and read many, many posts. Natasha, if you know of someone who used herbs alone and had lasting results (kept it > 6 months later w/o taking more), please post.

The women I emailed who used brava said they're results did last.

That's where the info came from.

lexy
(no login) the rpoblem with brava... July 31 2007, 3:09 AM

...is that you don't only grow breast tissue you grow fat too. so the less breast tissue you have the smaller the chances to keep it since fat comes and goes.
women are cursed to keep the fat in the lower body areas and the first area to lose fat is the chest unfortunately. so you can lose just a lil weight and not even notice it and the fat on the boobs is gone since it's not much anyway.
i have some breast tissue and i plan to use brava for as long as it takes to double it at least and maybe i'll keep some. i got used to it already and if i make it thru the summer it should be way easyer after that.

my opinion on herbs as someone who has tryed it for 3 weeks is that it gives ur body the same quantity of estrogens as it normally produces before ur period and that's how the boobs swell. but to actually grow, you should ingest the same quantity as ur body used to roduce during puberty. and that's a lot. personally i don't think it's safe
it should be posible, after all plenty of trans-sexuals grew breasts with hormonal treatment, but that's really not worth the risk.

i read a lot of good things about PM lately and i might add that to brava in a few weeks after i make a test to see if i kepp anything in about 48 hours. Brava sais i'll lose 2 weeks but i think having at least some hope or knowing that i didn't keep anything is worth the cost. and if PM won't help my boobs, at least i might stop losing hair. i read it works well in that direction.

i was thinking lately how men who wanna build muscle add lots of stuff to their gym program cause otherwise their results would be modest. and with what i know, pumping iron concentrates blood fows in the areas ur working on, and that plus a rich diet helps you grow new muscle tissue.
Brava does that too, that's why the boobs are redish when you take it off. so adding proteins and even herbs to it could help. just a thought....

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Lexy..... August 1 2007, 9:49 AM

Do you mean that Brava will give you fat if you've got fat? I've lost about 25 lbs and gone from v full 34A (never tried on a B) to probably 32A (have 32B bras but when I tried an A wasn't exactly huge!) so I assume what I have left is mainly breast tissue, does this mean I will grow more actual breast tissue than fat deposits?

Shelly
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? August 1 2007, 2:22 PM

If you lost weight you probably still have the empty fat cells. I don't know if fat cells actually go away or just shrink. You will probably grow both. I think the Brava website says you grow it in proportion to what you already have so you must be adding fat cells and breast tissue.

Also about the airlock, it is interesting how you can make your own homemade version (very creative women out there). Do you think it's safe to use long term or do you think it's better to use only as a backup. I am considering buying the whole Brava system although it's quite a bit of money and then making the manual tubing with the valve as a backup if the smartbox fails. I would just hate to use too much pressure manually and damage my skin and setback my progress. What do those of you who have done both think? It also sounds like people say you can't buy anything from Brava if you don't buy the whole system. You mean they won't even let you order any of the accessories or domes from them?

Louise
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? August 1 2007, 2:46 PM

You can feel how much suction you are applying so you know when to stop, if you have the smartbox too obviously you can compare the slightly tight feeling that creates to the ripping-your-nipples-off feeling with the airlock if you're overdoing it. I've overdone it twice and got crescent shaped hickey-like bruises along where the top of the domes sit near my armpits which take about a week to fade but one lady did have a lot of problems with too much suction. Most other people seem to have tried both and the amount of suction you can stand seems safe. You can take a lot more and still be comfortable and not bruise if you fill the domes with water but you can only do this with an airlock as it would ruin the smartbox.

lexy
(Login lexy1983) Re: Airlock system vs brava? August 1 2007, 3:33 PM

i think what the smartbox gives you if fine. i personally press the domes against me to let it suck out a bit more air and it feels perfect. still, during the day i wear my home made airlock to save the smartbox from wearing out too fast and also if i don't have to cary the smartbox around i can the domes without the bra and that feels much better during the summer heat.
but still i regulate the pressure with the smartbox before putting on the airlock. and i do that from time to time since as i swell the pressure decreases.
i would personally go with the brava. the cheappest you can buy it new is $645 on ebay from an authorised seller.

about the fat issue... brava is supose to made the cells multiply so you'll multyply both breast and fat tissue. brava sais, that if you lost weight and lost ur boobs you have better chances for a better result

Louise
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? August 1 2007, 4:01 PM

Here's hoping (and praying, and airlocking and swalloing tabs and using PM cream!).

Don't you find you need more suction than the smartbox gives if you're going to do more than lie on your back? I need to suck them on quite tight if I'm going to move about but then I'm v v luvky not to have trouble getting a seal as I'm technically too small underbust for the narrow domes.

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Hey Firmemup... August 2 2007, 9:34 PM

Herbs do work and the gains are permanent. JellyDee went from an A-cup to an E-cup on herbs in about a year. I started out with herbs and went from an A to a B, continued with BO and went on to a C-cup. I've kept it all and still growing. Herbs seemed to work better for me so I will go back on them after my bottles of BO are finished. Seems like you didn't read enough posts or emailed the wrong people. Some people take herbs and massage a lot, the herbs might not work for them but the massage will make them swell temporarily and they think they "grow". Then they lose it all and say that the herbs only give temporary gains when in fact they never worked for the person in the first place. Some people just don't grow whatever they try.

Louise
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? August 3 2007, 8:07 PM

I think all these things have a better chance of working if either you failed to fulfill your genetic potential due to bad diet or a hormonal imbalance or if you are replacing lost boobs after weight loss / breastfeeding, the people who seem to find it hardest are those who come from a family of very slim people with small boobs and have low BMI.

Dolly
(no login) Air Lock August 11 2007, 12:00 PM

About the Air Lock...
I have been a Brava user for many ? weeks, ordered through Brava. And unfortunately, also ordered the Air Lock off of Ebay. I spent $75 for it. Unfortunate, I say because the exact unit she sold me I found in the "fish aquarium" department at WalMart last week for less than $2- tubing was a little more. I am just a little upset about my foolishness, gullibility, and desperate nature. And all to just have my clothes FIT.

Ladies, the extra suction IS great! Cuts down on the wear time. However, don't spend $$ until you're sure at what you're getting. Believe me, the clerk at WalMart will have no clue that you will be using the valve on your domes to grow boobs.

Incidentally, I had broken my foot a week into my using Brava. I learned through this forum a few weeks ago that Motrin, an anti-inflamatory, halts the growth- - duh. Got rid of my swelling. I was wondering after so long why the swelling went down so fast. I guess that wasn't too bright on my part. Anyway, with Tylenol, I like the results better. Too bad I lost so many weeks. Don't you think Brava should have mentioned the anti-infamatory warning when I told them my situation?

Louise
(no login) Re: Airlock system vs brava? August 11 2007, 6:36 PM

I know nothing about aquariums so I took the Brava tubing (not the domes!) into the aquarium supply store and said it was part of a facial sauna - they didn't ask any questions and I was able to check that I got the right size tubing.

smart box and more
March 21 2007 at 11:55 PM nik (Login nychelle)

I wear my brava for about 10-12 hours a day, and during those hours, the smart box comes on 3-4 times for about 3 minutes. sometimes it startles and wakes me up in the middle of the night.

when the smart box start sucking the air out of the domes, it feels tight but after a while it is not tight anymore. How come the smart box is not keeping the suction constant? Is it normal for it to do that? Where is it leaking air? I'm concern that it is not working properly and I will not get results.

I want to try the air lock so the smart box will not wake me up in the middle of the night. But I do not know exactly how to use it :-( I will have to figure it out somehow.

How will I know if brava is working for me? I've been wearing for 5 days and I have not seen any increase. How much longer should I wait before determining that it is not working?

ps. sorry for so many questions. I'm new with this.

Thanks.

Author Reply
minnie
(Login minniecooper) Re: smart box and more March 22 2007, 7:55 AM

The same happens to me, and it is soposed to run ever so often because it is "regulating" the vac and constant presure inside the domes, you may "get AIR " as i call it, if you move your arms a little or breath a little heavy during the night, and we all do it. I personaly think that the air lock is not a good idea and a waste of money. Personaly the reason i bought the Brava is because i wanted somthing that was safe and Regulated and would not damage my delicate breast tissue, there are other devices that literaly suck the hell out of your breast causing horrible rashes, welts and scare tissue, and pressure wounds due to the unregulated vac,i have done some researching. Smilealthough I have sucked the air out with my mouth to get a tighter seal when first putting it on the preasure does gradualy decrease and i still get woken up during the night, i just hug the domes till i regain the vac again, just make sure you are properly FLAREING them against you skin, i have had more succesful nights so far doing this. Smile Good Luck
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon