Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Tell me about dome sizes

Tell me about dome sizes
April 2 2006 at 9:32 PM Jenny (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering, if someone got the large domes instead of medium, what difference would it make to the outcome? Would it be neccessary to have the medium domes to start with, or would the results be the same if you were using the large domes first?

Author Reply
Anonymous
(no login) Re: Tell me about dome sizes April 10 2006, 8:19 PM

I don't know. The problem I have with domes is keeping them clean.

Edit Message Delete Message

Teela
(no login) Re: Tell me about dome sizes April 11 2006, 8:13 PM

You can order directly from Brava and they will help you in figuring out what size domes to begin with (you will give them a few measurements).

Question about Brava dome sizes
September 5 2008 at 8:35 PM Karen (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! I've been reading this board a lot and it's been very helpful. I'm hoping someone can advise me on the right Brava dome size for my measurements (I got them off of eBay so don't have a Brava coach.)

Inframammary: about 28.5"
Over the nipple: about 33"

The Brava dome size estimator says I should use the WIDE width domes. My problem is this: I have a problem maintaining suction on the sides below my armpit. It seems like the domes extend out a little farther than they need to, but not sure. I even use "It Stays". Maybe I wouldn't have this issue with the Narrow width??

Another problem is that since the silicon edges are so wide, they extend up so high on my chest and under my armpit that the silicon can't lay flat on my skin- in that area, it presses up kind of under my armpit and the silicon rolls inside the domes.... Is this normal?? It really hurts after awhile, having it press up against that muscle in my armpit, besides having the silicon roll under and probably damage the domes. Do you think that I would have the same problem with the Narrow width, or is it normal for this to happen with Brava??

I hope this isn't too confusing and someone can offer some suggestions!!!
Thank you so much!
~Karen

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply
dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Question about Brava dome sizes September 6 2008, 5:18 PM

you seem to have similar measurements to me :
underbust 28.5
overbust 32.5

i used the narrow to start, and the silicone used to curl under. try to prevent that - because mine rolled under the silicone detached from the domes. i then got the wide - large. it also happened to me that in the beginning the silicone would not be completely on my skin in the armpit area. eventually, the silicone will mold to your skin and it won't be a problem. it took a few nights, but i cant remember exactly how many. Since we have the same underbust i'd say you're fine, plus you also get more coverage by using the wide domes.

Louise
(no login) Re: Question about Brava dome sizes September 7 2008, 8:24 AM

I'm 26 under and 32 over - I use wide XL and have no problem getting a seal. Are you using a smartbox or airlock? If you have tighter suction you shouldn't have a problem. Maybe try something to lubricate to get your boobs further into the domes, I used an EPO supplement (you're supposed to drink it) last time and I'm using vitamin E oil supplement this time. The spray on baby oil is quite good too.

I think it does depend how your breast tissue is orientated. Although I have quite small measurements my boobs are spread quite wide on my chest so maybe that helps. If you're not going to attempt to wear them outdoors I wouldn't spend money on anything smaller than wide XL, I touched the sides for the first time this morning and still in the first week! When I first got Brava they told me my underbust was too small for the narrow and they wouldn't seal but I risked it and grew out of the narrow large in 6 weeks. I only got the wide because they're deeper too but actually having the opening bigger seems to fit better so the domes are round my boobs not on them.

You'll get better swelling if you suck until it's uncomfortable, leave as long as you can stand then let some out until it's comfortable and keep going up and down like this. Another idea would be to wear a smaller size for a few hours in the evening then when you already have swelling put bigger ones on to sleep.

Good luck girls xx

Karen
(no login) Re: Question about Brava dome sizes September 7 2008, 7:21 PM

Thanks dandelion and Louise!! I'll definitely try to make the wide work, wish I would have checked with you guys before I ordered the narrow off of eBay thinking that my wide domes were too wide Sad oh well.

confusion over dome sizing
January 9 2008 at 12:06 PM Tori (no login)

Am quite surprised as I just went on to brava size conversion page to see what size domes they would recommend for me. After putting in my measurements it said medium-wide, large. My domes are narrow, large. It seem odd that it wuld come out with medium or wide domes as I take a 32 bra and always where it on the tightest hook! Unfortunately I can't afford replacement domes yet, and I think these ones fit me ok. But its made me think that when I grow out and get extra large I should get them in width medium or large? I don't know if anyone else has found this after putting in there measurements. Apparently after I've got another 1/2-1 inch of growth I'll need to get extra large.

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: confusion over dome sizing January 9 2008, 6:27 PM

I was a loose 32B (probably nearer an A) so I assumed I would need whatever was the smallest size they came in but they advised narrow large not narrow medium and I went up to narrow XL in 6 weeks. I could still use the large until about 12 weeks but then they were squashed full at the end of the session so I'd use the large for a couple of hours then put the XL on overnight. Now the large are full pretty much straight away if I suck hard or after about 30 mins so I only use the XL and I'm 0.5 inches from the end or touching after 13 hours.

I was told that underbust greater than 29.5 meant you need wide, 28-29.5 was narrow and less than 28 was too small to get a seal with any, my underbust is now 26.5-27 and I've never had problems with the seal. I think B cup is large and C cup is XL, you're getting less effect if your skin is pressing up against the plastic and even less if they're squashed up against the end. A 28 underbust corresponds to a 32 band bra but if you've had your bras quite a while they may have got stretched (I have some old ones that are huge!). It's up to you if you want to get the narrow XL and see if you grow out of them lengthwise or risk the wide XL and risk not getting a seal - personally I'd go for the narrow then at least you know you'll be able to use them.

p.s. the Brava dome calculating site gave me all sorts of weird answers so I'm not sure it's that accurate!

Tori
(no login) Re: confusion over dome sizing January 10 2008, 10:44 AM

ah right. Well I measure 30 inchs underbust so thats prob why I've been able to get away with wearing narrow. Often when I measure for bras I come halfway between a 32 and 34 band size, so thats the awkwardness! Bust I'm measuring 35 inchs, I got my boyfriend to measure me and that was about 10 hours after wearing brava. Is there not a medium width of domes, that wuld be better. Dont want to risk not being able to get a seal with wide. I'm still trying to find somewhere to buy them from or someone on by behalf to get them for me, its a right pain!

Tori
(no login) Re: confusion over dome sizing January 10 2008, 12:01 PM

Well I just measured myself not trusting my boyfriends measurements! Came out with just under 28.5 underbust measurement! So from what ur saying narrow should be fine. I thought he was holding the tape measure really loosely at the time! Checked the bust measurement thats still 35. Brava page still saying I need wide, but from what ur saying I shouldn't need bigger than narrow.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: confusion over dome sizing January 10 2008, 12:30 PM

Men! The main thing is to do it in front of a mirror standing sideways so you can check the tape is even all the way round, if it's low on your back you get a smaller measurement. It's difficult to say about narrow XL vs wide XL - you are bigger than me so you may grow put of the narrow but have a better chance of sealing in the wide. The XLs I have bend in a bit when you suck hard because they are too deep to remain stiff - this would probably help you seal if they were a bit big. The measurements you gave are they the minimum measurement when you breathe right out or just standing normally?

Tori
(no login) Re: confusion over dome sizing January 10 2008, 2:33 PM

They were the measurements I got when standing normally. Yep I did it in front of a mirror to make sure it was even, best way I think. I have a bit of time to debate whether to get narrow or wide before I grow out of these, I just want to make the best choice! Thanks for all your advice, its been really helpful.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon