Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Maintaining Brava suction

Brava suction
January 30 2008 at 10:54 PM Michelle (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just started using brava this week. this is the first day i am having trouble maintaining suction. i cannot hear or feel any visible leaks but the smartbox keeps going off every 5 minutes. It reaches its desired pressure and shuts off but then comes back on 5 minutes later. I have tried taking domes off and reapplying them, but it didn't help. any thoughts? thanks.

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: suction January 31 2008, 5:21 AM

Fold over the plastic tubing, unsrcrew the box, suck out more air with your mouth, fold the tube again to hold it like that and put the box back on. This will give stronger suction so should seal better. Don't suck too much to start or you end up with red hickey typre bruises near the armpits - good luck!

Edit Message Delete Message

Micheller
(no login) re; suction January 31 2008, 8:24 AM

Thanks!

Louise
(no login) Re: suction January 31 2008, 11:38 AM

Hope this worked - it's actually bad for the box to suck out a lot then put the box on so you might want to make an airlock out of fish tank tubing and a one-way valve (check valve) in the same shape as the Brava tubes (use a T-connector to attach the three bits). This will allow you to use much stronger suction and will cost you about £2 anf take 5 mins to make. This obviously has no alarm so you may want to use the airlock in the evening and then put the box on before you go to sleep (although I slept with just the airlock for 24 weeks and the domes never fell off). Also, using the big bra presses hard on your sternum area so you may be more comfortable with a loose T-shirt or zip up sweatshirt. I used to put a man's size T-shirt over the domes then a tight zip up sweatshirt and zip it up to just under the domes which creates like a pouch to hold them on.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: suction January 31 2008, 1:27 PM

When I had trouble with suction, the following worked:

Make sure skin is clean and dry (free of lotions). Wash skin with baby shampoo or ivory bar soap before applying domes

Apply no-sting prep wipes where domes adhere and allow to dry full 10 minutes before applying domes

Make sure domes are straight and not flared out too much at bottom sides against your ribs

I hope this helps - Good luck

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: suction January 31 2008, 9:17 PM

Did you buy your system used or new? If used, run a full 2-hour dry cleaning cycle on the box. Maybe it needs cleaned. There is also a wet cycle but I've not had to use it. Be sure you carefully follow instructions for wet cleaning so you don't damage the box.

HELP! Can't get any suction going!
November 9 2009 at 4:37 PM Red (Login bluemoonlight)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brava artrived today and I'm just trying it out, going to do the 2 hours per day thing, but I can't seem to get any starter suction going - I've followed the instructions but the motor keeps runnning unitl the alarm goes off after 7 minutes or so. I've tried to put them on again and again the alarm goes off. I'm not feeling anything either - please help!

Author Reply
Red
(Login bluemoonlight) Re: HELP! Can't get any suction going! November 9 2009, 7:12 PM

Anyone? I really need to get using this thing!! I think maybe the somes are too large - they're the wide medium but they don't seem to be sticking on me very well.

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Re: HELP! Can't get any suction going! November 10 2009, 2:07 AM

Hi Red,
I know you said you were following the instructions, but just to clarify, are you washing with the brava wash or baby shampoo & using the skin prep wipes(also pure aloe vera gel works)? It's very important for the domes to have a barrier to stick to. You need to let it dry on your skin before you put the domes on to get a seal. Be sure you are "fanning" out the silicone rims and then holding them in place while staying very still. You could also see if you can get a seal by sucking the air out with your mouth on the tube, fold the tube a couple times, then use a hair binder wrapped around it several times to keep the air from coming out(I use the airlock method in the evening, then switch to the smartbox when I go to bed). Do you know the area on your body where the domes might not be "sticking". You could try moving or angling them different ways & see which way works best for you. I used the wide medium domes to start with too. The only trouble I had was that they would overlap in the sternum area. I would re-position the silicone rims(not the entire dome)in that area so that they would "meet" in the middle of my sternum which would squish them a little, but it worked. I hope this helps so you can get started!!

Red
(Login bluemoonlight) Re: HELP! Can't get any suction going! November 10 2009, 9:23 AM

Hi Kiagirl - thank you so much for replying - I'm totally lost!

All I got with the Brava is the skin prep roll on. The instructions said to cleanse the breast area and then to roll it around the breasts where the domes will fit, let it completely dry and then place them on. I cleansed with just a normal shower gel - is this wrong? Should I be using baby shampoo or something?

What is the airlock method? I thought about sucking the air out with my mouth, but then do I position the tubes in the smart box afterwards? I'm so confused!

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Re: HELP! Can't get any suction going! November 11 2009, 2:57 AM

Hi Red,
I have never used the skin prep roll-on but have had good luck with the No-Sting Skin Prep Protective Wipes, a product by the Smith&Nephew company. They can be very expensive but I have found a cheap place to get them: americandiabeteswholesale.com. A box of 50 costs less than $14.00, otherwise they range in price anywhere from $35-$50 per box. You may also want to try pure(99%)aloe vera gel. You use it the same way. Let it dry on your skin before putting on the domes. You can purchase that in most stores. Drug stores or natural food & health stores always have it if you don't have any luck.

I'm assuming that you didn't purchase your Brava from the company directly--maybe on ebay? That does put you at a bit of a disadvantage because you don't have access to the coaches,the dvd, or the manual(of course,unless your seller included them). If you didn't receive very good instructions with your Brava, I could send you my dvd. I really don't need it anymore & I found it very helpful when I got started. It had a lot of tips,& just being able to actually see someone put it on helped tremendously!

Brava recommends using the Brava Skin Cleanser or baby shampoo to cleanse before putting on the domes, then drying the skin thoroughly before using the skin prep wipes(or aloe vera gel). When you have the domes on make sure that there are no skin folds under the silicone rims because these can let air in, also make sure that all the tubing is well-secured. Maintain steady pressure on the domes, pushing them against your chest until the seal is achieved. I would suggest to try to get a seal with the smartbox first while you're still getting used to everything. Once you get used to what the gentle suction feels like, then try the airlock. The temptation with the airlock is to suck too much air out which can cause alot of pain & discomfort, not to mention raw places & sores, especially when you first start out. When you do want to try an airlock, I bought a check valve (for aquariums in the pet department @ walmart-less than $3)which I attach to the tubing. You need to remove the piece at the end of the tubing that attaches to the smartbox(just don't lose it!) The check valve fits right on the tubing then. I remove the check valve, put the piece back on, & turn on my smartbox then "hook it up" before I go to bed.

Sorry this is so long. Hope you find it helpful. Let me know if you would like my dvd!

miriam41
(Login miriam41) Re: HELP! Can't get any suction going! November 12 2009, 2:40 AM

There are Brava instruction videos on youtube if you type in "Brava Breast Enhancement" they should pop up.

Hope this helps!

Ruth
(no login) Re: HELP! Can't get any suction going! November 12 2009, 6:59 AM

Hi Red,
I've been using BRAVA for 4 months now and I find that it often takes longer than the alarm allows, so I shut off that function and wait...sometimes it takes 20 minutes or longer for the air to suction out! Sadly I've had it take as long as an hour. This is even the case with the new domes I just bought, maybe because they are large / wide and have so much air room to start with. I actually have the alarm permanently off now, you might want to try this if its a time issue. Good luck!

elle
(Login elle09) Re: HELP! Can't get any suction going! November 13 2009, 11:27 PM

Hi RED,
You should put a barrier between the domes and your breast.It is either a barrier film or aloe vera gel. Both works fine. Then lean a bit forward to place the domes. Put right first then left. Then put the Bra on and zip it and connect the Sportbox or Smart box on. Dont set the alarm I never use it. Pointless really. Then When the smart box on press the domes a little bit to ensure there is enough sealing while the smart box is working. Thats what I do all the time and works fine.You should feel some kind of pulling for your breast. After ten minutes still no luck with try different positions.Good luck.

Suction problem and other newbie questions
January 16 2008 at 9:06 PM Woolly Sheep (Login yingster1)

Hello,

I am a new Brava user. Just a very quick question. I have had trouble getting adequate suction to seal domes properly. Some days are very easy, but some days I have the hardest time and the smartbox keeps going off.

I have a small frame and measured borderline narrow/wide, so I went with my measurement (27.5-28 inches under breast) and got a Wide-Medium. I am wondering if a smaller size will give me a better seal, or if I get the Boticelli airlock system with better suction will solve my sealing problem. Or is it because I cleaned it at night and did not dry the domes properly.

Another issue - poor skin between breasts get so irritated from the domes pressing on it. I have followed one advice and put panty liner on it and it helps but still gets these marks on it in the morning. Will anyone have any great suggestions?

Last but not least, is it worth it to buy the skincare and the dome antiseptic? I have been cleaning with baby shampoo and use Eucerin Calming Lotion and Benadryl cream on my irritation.

Love to hear your advice!

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 17 2008, 6:28 AM

Did you buy direct from Brava? When I placed my order they told me my underbust was too small for narrow and I may have trouble getting a seal but I risked it and have been fine, they told me 28 minimum (but to measure standing normally not breathing out fully). They also told me that less than 29.5 should use narrow which is probably why you're having trouble. I was loose 32B (probably nearer A) and outgrew the narrow large in 6 weeks, but still used them on and off as they are more discreet than the XL. Really can't use them now though. I've now lost weight and my underbust is 26.5 breathing normally and I'm still ok but I use home made airlock which is stong (Boticelli is a total rip-off! You can make your own for £2!), there's loads of posts here on how to make an airlock. If you can send them back to Brava try to get narrow large instead, if not try to make an airlock. The airlock gives a lot better suction so now I only bother with the big bra if I'm working out.

I've only ever used baby shampoo for my domes and they're fine, I also don't bother with the dome prep or any of the other stuff I just slap on a lot of body lotion to lubricate (my skin gets itchy and dry easily). You'll probably find you're more comfortable if you don't wash before putting them on but do wash after with warm water and no soap. I found using different skin creams made it worse so just use whatever you used before. Using incorrect products causes the sticky to come off the domes, after this they are much more comfortable. Sticking anything to your skin and peeling off will irritate so it's best to leave alone or I sometimes tuck my t-shirt into the silicone (but you'd need them on pretty tight to do that) or otherwise grease proof paper isn't bad (I think they call it baking parchment in the US).

Good luck x

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 17 2008, 1:50 PM

Make sure your domes are straight and not flared too much at the bottom. I was tipping my domes in at the top to avoid the armpit area but found that the bottoms stuck out too far on the sides for a good seal. Also, I usually fire up the sportbox and the lean over slightly and lift and then flare out the sides and then lightly press them down again and it helps the sportbox pull them in against my ribs. Don't press hard on the domes or silicone or they'll breakdown faster. I don't pull the Brava Bra over the domes until I get a seal and can make adjustments if necessary Louise has success with various products without using Brava products. I faithfully use the Brava Antiseptic Dome Cleaner (green spray) on the domes AFTER removing them. Also, AFTER removing the domes, I wash my chest with a moisturizing body wash and then apply the Eucerin Calming Cream. I also wash my chest with baby shampoo and then apply the no sting prep wipes BEFORE putting on the domes (I buy prep wipes from American Diabetic Supply (50 ct. box is $13.49 + shipping). I ALWAYS wash off the moisturizer with the baby shampoo before applying the domes or I can't get a seal. It's a pain to wash your chest twice a day, but so far I've had no itching or rashes. I do have a "footprint" from the dome outline that takes several hours to fade, but it's winter and I'm covered up anyway. The only problem I had was the edge of the dome near my armpit left an irritated area, but I solved that by adjusting my pillows at night so my shoulders weren't curved up and could lay flat on the bed. If you're using the sportbox or smartbox you can't have any residue on your skin. If you're using the airlock, I don't think it matters if the domes are sticky or not or if there is a residue. Personally, I only use the sportbox because it is more controlled and I don't want huge swelling anyway. I get about full C swelling with just the sportbox so that works for me. My goal is to try to maintain most of it. My domes have 8 weeks on them from this cycle and 3 weeks from my first cycle (I sent back the first set because the port hole where you attach the tubing on the right side was blocked with plastic and very small, but I used them until Brava sent me a new pair. My domes are still very tacky and the silcone has not broken down. They are like new except for mild pilling on the tacky surface. I am hoping they will last the full 16 weeks I plan on using Brava. This is my last cycle. I am not doing a third cycle. I don't want to spend money on new domes and I don't even want to outgrow the wide-large since the XL sounds huge. I hope they'll last. Also, make sure you run the dry cleaning cycle on the box daily. It's worth the effort so everything lasts. I will put up with my "plastic prison" the full 16 weeks and then I'm done. My husband says he'd rather have me with small boobs then not having access to them. I have lost about 5 lbs. and have about 5 - 10 more to go so I don't want to quit Brava now and lose it all off my boobs. I'm working on exercise and eating healthy so that even if I keep small boobs, I can at least have a decent body otherwise. Brava has helped fill out my breasts from breastfeeding and pregnancy. Implants are not an option so I'll take what I get and then move on. I'm tired of being "boob obsessed" and feeling insecure about their size. I'm learning to accept what I have and make the most of the things I can change. Good luck!

Woolly Sheep
(Login yingster1) Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 17 2008, 10:18 PM

Louise,

Thanks so much for your time to answer me.

Do you think if I use the airlock, even it's not perfect seal, I will get enough suction? I cannot imagine you get enough suction on the domes that you can work out with them on. I practically have to lie flat or I lose suction.

I bought the system from a friend who's allergic to silicone. So maybe I will get the domes from elsewhere. Are anyone selling their narrow-large domes?

I think my skin irritation is caused by pushing them too hard on my skin when I try to get a seal. I will follow your advice.

Thanks again.

Woolly Sheep
(Login yingster1) Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 17 2008, 10:21 PM

Hi livinonaprayer,

Thanks for your kind response. My armpit area hurt too, but so far no irritation. The cleavage area is much worse.

I will try some of your tips. Thanks again.

Louise
(no login) Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 17 2008, 11:14 PM

The irritation is just your skin getting used to it, keep the hours short for the first couple of weeks. I definitely found the domes more comfortable if I either used a lot of skin prep or a lot of body lotion then put the domes on before it dries so the skin is kept lubricated, when the silicone started pilling (which was in a few days with the second set) I spent about an hour rubbing all the sticky off, they irritate a lot less if they're smooth. I'd advise you to make the airlock as a backup now but stick with the smartbox for the first few weeks as it's more gentle, then you can use the airlock and as the weeks go by you can do it harder. I've always found it easier to get a seal by attaching all the tubing but not the box, then put the tube where you're going to attach the box in your mouth, have one dome in each hand (right hand for right breast), press both domes on hard and suck the air out until they stay on and you can remove your hands, you can then attach the box or the airlock, as you have already sucked air out the box will only run for a few seconds or may not run at all - it is working fine as long as they continue to feel tight. I only started working out at around week 16 and by then I was already airlocking hard because as time goes by your body adjusts to the suction (you'll see less swelling) so I had to do it much harder, the swelling I get now is scary huge! When you have them on tight you can really get your life back and do everything in them, I can also sleep on my side or on my front if I use a cushion under my stomach to raise me a bit, watch out though because if you move around and lose the seal it makes a big fart noise (and yes, I have done that in public!). I read a few posts here and had one brief look at the instruction booklet then pretty much ignored it all and did what I thought best, just do what you find helpful, you'll soon get used to it.

p.s. I have a small cut near the armpit (not sure if this was originally caused by me scratching an itch one night), I'm pretty resigned to it not healing fully now until I stop but I'm nearly done anyway, just to let you know it's much more comfortable if I put a lot of lotion on the sore bit then use a small strip I cut from a plastic bag (about 1 inch wide and about 2.5 long) to protect the sore bit, this means the domes rub and press on the plastic not on my skin and the lotion keeps the skin moist to help healing.

Louise
(no login) Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 17 2008, 11:16 PM

One more thing - the only important thing to do with dome care is to never leave them with the silicone cushion turning inwards, after a few weeks they'll stop trying to turn in but in the meantime it's really important to make sure the silicone is pointing outwards otherwise after a few weeks it tears off and you need new domes.

Woolly Sheep
(Login yingster1) Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 18 2008, 2:24 PM

Louise,

Thanks once again for your detailed description of "procedures". I am now pumped to give it another try tonight :-).

For reference, here are the dimensions of WIDE-medium vs. NARROW-large.

Wide-medium is 7" wide by 8" height (I didn't measure depth)
Narrow-large is 6 1/4" wide by 7 5/8" height, depth 6" (from outer rim to nipple).

So Narrow vs. Wide is 1.5 inches width wise which might make a hugh difference in terms of sealing.

One question about silicone edge "turning in". I have not paid close attention to it, does it mean the edge "curls in" like a cooked shrimp can prevent sealing????

Thanks in advance.

Monica

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Suction problem and other newbie questions January 18 2008, 7:06 PM

I'm veggie so I don't know how to cook shrimp!

Basically when the domes are on, the silicone should form a rubber ring that lies almost flat on your chest outside the perimeter of the domes. If the domes are new the silicone may stand more upright but it's important that the bit against your chest is further outwards (away from the nipple) than the bit that's attached to the dome, if it curls under so the part against your chest is inside the dome of even if the silicone is upright but the bit against your chest points in toward the nipple (so it goes further in than the silicone that attaches to the dome) then that'll start to pull it off. The silicone should slope outward from the plastic not inward. Not sure if this clarifies it or just gives you more words - let me know and I can always take a pic using a table to show how they should go on the chest.

p.s. thanks for including measurements, I'll have to have a measure of the sizes I've got so we can have these all together in a post for everyone's reference.

Brava sufferer
March 14 2006 at 1:43 PM JaxSA (no login)

I gave up with Brava a while ago, kept it up for 5weeks, but it sucked the life out of me, it did however cause my bras to fill out for a while. After months of having it in the cupboard I have taken it out, I'm actually on annual leave...so hope that I won't be cursing the damn thing after 5weeks back at work and the stresses of having two young children and running the household. I noticed that there are no comments here on Brava, has anyone tried it and resorted to herbal mixures after. I think I may add some herbs into this regime, what have I got to lose!

Author Reply
Amy
(no login) Re: Brava sufferer March 24 2006, 7:02 PM

I am a brava sufferer too. After 3 weeks I still have problems during the night. I just can't keep the domes in position and the suction keeps shutting off, so after 3 weeks of not sleeping too well I don't think I've derived any benefit from it at all. I'm starting to be amazed that anyone actually wears this successfully during the night and manages to sleep too.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Brava sufferer March 30 2006, 9:31 AM

I have the same problem. What's the matter with this duff device? Several times I have woken up only to discover there's no suction when I remove the brava. Why is this? I am very annoyed that I spend so much time wearing something so uncomfortable and which prevents me from getting a good night's sleep and only to find in the end I have nothing to show for it. What a waste of time and effort this is turning out to be.

Mary
(no login) Regarding suction April 2 2006, 9:26 PM

If you're not satisfied with the amount of suction there is something you can do. Try this to increase the suction. Try sucking more air out through the tube then re-connect to the smartbox. The smartbox will then retain that pressure until the seal is broken.

Christi
(no login) Different Perspective May 20 2006, 11:20 PM

I can honestly say that I've had no problems sleeping with Brava on. But I am one of those people who once I fall asleep, I am like a rock and don't move an inch. I always used to sleep on my stomach before Brava, and so I admit my back is not the most comforatable position, but I have managed OK by sleeping slightly elevated on a few pillows and putting another pillow under my thighs and kinda spreading my legs out. I am hardly ever awoken by the Smartbox pumping and I think it's because I don't move around so I don't lose pressure. This may not be a realistic option for some people, but I have found sleeping in a recliner is perfect when I'm wearing Brava. I just make sure I have pillows on the sides of my head or behind my head so that my head is comfortable.

Hope this helps!

elle123xx
(no login) Re: Brava sufferer June 9 2006, 11:51 PM

hehe ive started sleeping on my tummy WITH brava and it pushes into my chest so its ok, and i can here the alarm easier so i end up on my side. i have been ok but i get soooo upset if the tube has fallen out and no suction. this is when brava makes me cry. it's so nice that others feel just as annoyed

Julie
(no login) Re: Brava sufferer June 10 2006, 4:58 PM

Yes if the tube hasd fallen out that is so annoying. It always gives me a headache when that happens. So very annoying!

I'm surprised you can wear Brava and sleep on your tummy! I would have thought that was incredibly uncomfortable. I don't know if I could do that. Maybe I should try. No harm in trying I suppose, just to see whether I could manage to sleep that way? It seems very daunting though.

elle
(Login elle123xx)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Brava sufferer June 13 2006, 10:47 PM

yea it is a bit uncomfortable, tho it's not as uncomfortable when im very desperate to sleep and i usually roll out onto my side. i like lying on my front and pushing them together because they feel secure against my chest and the suction is'nt getting away. but i don't think it's the best of tips to give others! hehe practice doing it tho it could work for you :o) xxx

Desert Queen
(Login desertqueen)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Brava sufferer June 15 2006, 8:14 PM

I'm a bit surprised you can get to sleep that way, but well done anyway for finding a way to make it work for you!

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava sufferer June 23 2006, 8:50 AM

Well done elle, using something like Brava is all about persevering and finding a way of making it work for you. Go girl!

elle
(Login elle123xx)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Brava sufferer July 5 2006, 12:47 PM

thanks, it doesn't always work but i guess it's trial and error really :o) xx

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Brava sufferer August 16 2006, 10:37 PM

I've found that a good way to stop tubes falling out, is to coat them and the dome ends in talc before putting them in. Seems to work

new and need help!
November 27 2007 at 8:17 PM jodi (no login)

hi everyone...i just got the system today and have had it on for about an hour now just experimenting. and i am finding that the sportbox keeps coming on like every 10,15 minutes. what's up with that? i am checking and don't see or feel any leaks. i am wondering if this thing is too big for my chest. according to brava's sizing chart, i needed a med wide, but i'm wondering if i need a med narrow instead as i am about 30" and wear about a size 32-34a bra. i would hate if this is the case cuz they are too darn expensive. anybody have any suggestions??

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: new and need help! November 27 2007, 10:23 PM

Technically greater than 29.5 inches underbust requires wide and AA-A would be medium so what you've got sounds right. Brava initially told me my underbust was too narrow to use any domes at all but have had no probs. If you feel the domes becoming more comfortable then the box kicks in this it to keep increasing the pressure as your swelling fills up more space. You'll know if you've lost the seal as the box is fairly weak anyway so less than that and they'll be falling off. Also you usually hear air puff out or it makes a loud fart noise. Sucking the domes on tigher gives a better seal and now you've felt how hard the box sucks you have an idea of how much to take out.

jodi
(no login) ohhhhh...i c November 28 2007, 1:13 AM

ok, so i think it was just the machine making them suck on tighter or something as they were getting more comfortable. cuz i didnt hear the loud noise that happens when you take them off. so i guess i wasnt losing suction. i only wore them for 2 hours today just to experiment with them. so i guess maybe that will happen in the beginning until they are sucked on as good as they are gonna get. i'm gonna put it back on in a minute tho for some more hours when i go to sleep. i got all my pillows all set up and ready for me...lol. now i just hope i can become a back sleeper! hubby is laughin at me. he said that i look like the terminator with super boobs! lol. i dont think i can pull it off wearing them outside. i felt funny going into the laundry room in my apartment building!

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: new and need help! November 28 2007, 12:51 PM

I agree with Louise. If you lost the seal, they would be falling off or making that lovely noise. My sportbox usually comes on a few times during the first hour and then once or twice during the night and then if I wear it longer, it will kick on again after about hour 12. It usually only runs for a short time and then shuts off while adjusting pressure. If you are using skin prep wipes, make sure you allow them to dry 10 minutues before applying domes. Sometimes I can get a seal in less than 5 minutues and sometimes it takes longer and then the alarm goes off and I reset it and try again. If you run your hands along the sides against your ribs while holding the domes in place trying to get the seal it won't take as long. Good luck!

jodi
(no login) Re: new and need help! November 28 2007, 4:57 PM

ok that makes perfect sense then livinonaprayer. mine was doing what it was supposed to then. thanks!

i'm probably done
July 9 2007 at 12:49 PM lexy (no login)

i cryed myself to a huge headache this morning when it hit me that i'm probably doing all this for nothing from now on.

7 weeks lost and nomeatter how many more i put into it will all be for nothing. i just can't hear the damn alarm anymore. woke up once to get the seal back last night, but in the morning it was turned off again. so even if i do 18 hours a day, that few hours break at night, EVERY NIGHT make it imposible for me to have permanent results.
Although i swell nicely after each sesion, considering that brava sais that every night you lose seal is a lost night. in this case i have 8 lost nights is a row

i don't remember the last time i was so depressed and pissed at myself. i'm not sure if i should keep trying and risk complicating my life for some more or just give up.

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Done? Let's discuss it. July 9 2007, 6:26 PM

Lexy,

I am sorry to hear your so depressed. But let us see if maybe we can find a method to help.

Are you wearing the brava bra? Try a racer back zip front sport bra. Personally the brava one hits me wrong and huts like mad under the arms and doesn't seem to hold the domes well if you move.

Are you using the skin prep prior to putting the domes on for bed?

Are you placing pillows on each side of you as diana suggested to help keep you on your back? another under your knees seems to help some ladies.

Also if you have significant swelling still when you wake up most likely you didn't loose the seal that long prior to waking up. And as long as you get 10 solid hours in each day that is the minimum. Anything over just helps the swell and in my opinion up to 16 hours is great my 24 hour days according to brava i should not do.

So if you are getting good swelling and had the domes on for some time prior to going to sleep and think you got 10 hours worth in even with a lost seal during the night it is not a lost day.

Cheer up i am sure the extra bump you get with the system will help your self esteem in the long run. Getting used to brava in bed is not easy.

Also are you using the narrow or the wide domes? If you are very small torsoed you need the narrow domes they are not that much more so than the wides but that little extra can make a huge difference in the seal under your arm pit area.

Hope this help.

Louise
(no login) Re: i'm probably done July 9 2007, 8:13 PM

I find it hard to actually sleep as the Brava's uncomfortable but using 2-3 pillows under your knees and no pillow under your head keeps you on your back. Someone on here said she prefers so sleep on a reclining chair and I've tried the sofa which was ok or have you got a sun lounger you could sit up in? Someone else said she sleeps on her stomach and cuddles the domes to hold them on. I have managed to sleep on my front by putting one pillow under my pelvis, 2 under my stomach then leaving a gap for the domes to go down and 3 pillows for my face. If you're really really desperate could you fill the domes with water and sleep either in the bath or on a camp bed then if it did spill out it'd wake you up.

Sorry if this is drifting into the realms of fantasy! Hope you find a solution x

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Louise July 9 2007, 8:43 PM

Try sleeping on your tummy with the xlarge/wide ICBM's on your chest would need alot of pillows to prop you up high enough or a big hole in the bed.

lexy
(no login) thank you seri July 9 2007, 9:22 PM

i am doing all those things. only instead of skin prep i use a spray that creates a protective layer and is also very sticky. i lost most of the glue on my domes so that helps. i'm not a fan of the brava bra and i use a sports bra, only i still think my brava bra holds them better but it makes me itchy so i wear it above a tight t-shirt.

that is not the problem though. the problem is i used to hear the alarm and now i'm thinking i must have gotten used to ignoring it somehow. tonight i'll set my phone alarm to wake me up hourly to check on the smartbox.

i am aufully depressed cause i think i lost all my time so far and that's 7 weeks of compromising pretty much. from sleeping like crap to not going out whenever my friends get together and that kinda hurts.

i still think i may have some progress even like this and i didn't lose it all cause after 7 hours or so of break when i put them on i still retain almost 1 cup and it seems to be lasting longer and longer. bigger domes are on their way. now i fill up the medium ones completly after 12 hours. and i wear wide and that fits me perfectly. now since i've grown a bit i could use even wider ones cause sometimes these step on my breasts on the sides. i tend to lose seal in the sternum area cause i'm pretty skinny and it has a wavey surface. you can basicly count the bones. that's my seal problem.

thing is that i can't get 10 hours in a row every day unless i am awake for 10 while wearing it. and that's imposible most of the days. normally i wear it starting the evening a few hours before going to bed, all night and as much as i can in the morning until i have something to do. that sometimes means 18 hours or more if i don't have to get out and those days i do the 10 hours in the morning. but the general rule is that i get few hours, then at night i lose a few and i do some more in the morning. so the break is right in the middle and that sucks.

i decided not to give up just yet. i did some serious crying in the morning and i feel a bit better now. trying not to think about it much.
maybe there is some progress there. i'll see how things go. if i can't manage to make sure i get at least 10 continuous hours i'll see.

lexy
(no login) louise July 9 2007, 9:27 PM

the sterum issue i described in the previous post makes it imposible for me to hold the seal while on my tummy. i will try to see what i can improvize though. still the sternum and ribs area already hurts sometimes from the pressure. if i put my weight on it too it may get worse. and that's the only way i could hold the seal. i'll see about it maybe put a small pillow under the domes too. hmmmm

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: i'm probably done July 10 2007, 3:22 AM

Maybe if your pillow configuration is different you won't lose a seal or move. I had trouble staying on my back to sleep until I used a different set up for my pillows. It was like sleeping in a hammock and believe me, you don't even move. I bought 3 small travel pillows (available at Kmart or Walmart). I used one pillow under each arm placed longways from shoulder to elbow and flared my arms out so they were pointed to the sides and I used 1 travel pillow under my head and neck and then placed one standard pillow under my knees to just below my butt. I used the prep wipes (wait the full 10 minutes for them to dry before placing your domes). Waiting the full 10 minutes really helps. Don't press too hard on your domes, you'll damage them and break them down. It usually took me 10 - 15 minutes to get a seal and the sportbox to turn off. I did not pull up the Brava bra over the domes until the domes were in place and the sportbox shut off. Also, are you washing and drying your chest area before applying the prep wipes? You can use baby shampoo if you don't have Brava cleanser. I also slept with just a men's extra large T-shirt over the domes. Make sure you have no lotion on your chest area.

Good luck.

new brava user
October 28 2006 at 1:25 AM g lady (Login gladesia)

I purchased the brava system from a brava rep on ebay. I measured borderline medium narrow and medium wide for the domes. ( I am 4'11 3/4" tall and weigh 112, my mesurements were 29" and 33"). I purchased a medium wide but I have been having problems getting a good seal. With using the smartbox it just kept running and then beeped in 10 minutes. I have never gotten it to work without beeping every 10 minutes. I spoke with customer service, tried wet cleaning it and now I am sending it back which will take a few weeks. So, in the meantime I purchased a manual airlock system. I tried this, was able to feel some suction zipped up the bra, but I can feel the suction release some and air come in on the sides. I am very frustrated it is difficult to keep a seal at the sides. I was really hoping this would work! Does anyone have any suggestions or has had the same problem. I wonder if I need a narrow but I don't won't to waste anymore money. Please offer any suggestions. I am desperate I want my breasts to look like they did before I had kids but don't want implants. I breastfed my two children and have a lot sagging. I so want this system to work!!

Author Reply
Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: new brava user October 28 2006, 1:16 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum !
I'm in week 6 so please stick with it. The first 2 weeks were hard going , suction loss, lack of sleep , rash etc. If you read the 'cette fille' blog below there are alot of answers to your questions. There are several of us all at the same stage and we keep each other going.
1. It might be that you are moving in your sleep ? Try putting a pillow on either side off you at night when sleeping. This stops you rolling and loosing the seal.
2. Don't bend over to pick stuff up as this changes your body shape and again the seal breaks.
3. Try using an antiseptic wipe on your skin first , but not on the domes. Let your skin dry completely then put your domes on . This helps alot.
4. Suck out manually with your mouth , then connect the smartbox. This gives far better adhesion for longer and stops you wearing out the smartbox pump.

Any other suggestions girls ???

Miranda
(no login) Re: new brava user October 31 2006, 7:23 AM

Hi G Lady,

When I first purchased my system, I also had difficulty with losing pressure in my domes by the sides. Because we have similar measurements (29" and 32" for me) and I also use the same sized domes, what I did may help you as well.

-After cleaning my skin with the Brava Cleanser, I applied the Skin Prep and waited 10 minutes before putting my domes on to ensure it was thoroughly dry.

-Make sure that when applying light pressure to your domes when smartbox is running (or when you suck the air out manually), you are applying pressure with your hands spread out on each dome and press slightly out towards the sides where you tend to lose pressure to ensure a good seal.

-I found that my domes have formed to my body after wearing them a period of time. I'm just starting week 9 and find that I'm able to obtain a good seal. Maybe this will be the case for you too.

-There have been times when I have not used the Skin Prep and found that the domes adhered to by skin better, especially on the sides. If your skin is very sensitive, be careful when trying this as the dome adhesive may irritate your skin.

I hope this helps. Smile Please let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best,
Miranda

im feeling depressed
November 2 2007 at 2:11 AM piepie (no login)

well ive had the brava for almost 2 weeks no luck with contacting the coaches.....when i wake up the domes arent suctioned i feel like this was a big waste of money....i feel like the smart box isnt sucking enough like the first night....girls is there another way besides using the smart box......plz help me b 4 my time is up and i cant send it back i wanna do this soo bad im just at my wits end

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: im feeling depressed November 2 2007, 9:00 AM

If you want to use an airlock making it yourself is v v cheap, you need 3 small pieces of 6mm (1/4 inch) fish tank tubing, a T connector and a one-way valve (called a check valve), attach the bits to make a T shape, attach the two horizontal arms to the domes, suck the air out with your mouth and stick the valve in the vertical tube. I've done this for quite a few weeks and it's been fine but after a couple of months the tubing is less elastic and the valve fits less tightly so I just replaced the vertical tube. You get this stuff from the aquarium section in a pet shop - it's supposed to be used for fish tanks! Some supermarkets have it in the pet food area.

My domes are no longer sticky (week 18) but otherwise in good shape. I need to suck them on quite hard to get a good enough seal to move around and do cooking and stuff, and I've never lost theseal over night thank God!

Fluffy Sheep
(no login) Re: im feeling depressed November 2 2007, 9:01 AM

Many women who use Brava end up thinking it was a total waste of time and money. It's not like you're the only one.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Get a Grip November 2 2007, 5:09 PM

If you expect immediate results from brava you are going to be very disapointed. Read the rest of the posts on the forum there is alot of information here.

I have in prior posts described the method that worked for me to get brava to stick and seal without loosing suction till the domes start wearing out.

You seem to have some issues. IE: going to shot myself because I can't figure out how to use this product. Simple answer call brava or read or ask someone here that has used the system.

Getting depressed over something this simple is silly. If what you are doing is not working then try to put them on diferently. Everyone is unique. And brava if you are very small around the chest wall is rough to keep sealed.

Best word of advice i can give you is go buy a better sport bra. The brava one works if you use the medium domes but once you go up to the larger ones it gave me nasty rashes under the arms and was way to tight so the domes put alot of pressure on the sternum. I went to jc penny and got a racer back zip front sport bra in a DD size and have used it for almost 10 months now. keeps the domes in place and i stick the smart box in between the domes. Not as elegant as the brava bra and can't see the domes outside but it works.

And i have tried it all with brava. done the airlock done the water filled domes with the airlock. And went back to the smart/sportbox. I have for years slept on my tummy or side. And for the last 11 months have had to sleep on my back. So i have had to make adjustments to wear this system. As everyone else that has done so.

If you want instant gratification and alot of pain go get implants. If what you are looking for is a bit larger. Then brava may do it. Seems to work for most women who put the time in. Don't expect gaining a 32DD from a start of a 32A from the system just won't happen.

My expectations for brava: Even out both sides and gain 100-300CC.

Results so far. Left is still a bit larger than the right. I will when i get to the end of my mega session wear the system only on the right for a couple weeks longer. Or make 2 airlocks and do uneven suction on the right.

I have filled out alot more but have not gained much projection. So yes they are larger but not much farther out from the chest wall. That is the only thing i can complain about at this time. And i started with barely an A cup. Only reason i wore a bra was to pad it or use the heavily padded ones to make it look like i had something. Now I can wear a C cup and have some cleavage with a decent pushup bra or a D with the little silicone pads inside and have great cleavage.

Brava is all about commitment (And yes some of my friends say i need to be committed) take the time to try the system if you do it may do atleast something for you. If not you tried.

As a wise critter once said. "Do or do not... there is no try."

So do it. or send it back simple. If you atleast put the time in and it does work for you. When you look back at this you will smack yourself for being childish.

Sorry for the rant. It is just that i have little patience for silly behaviour. You are an adult life is hard. Deal with it.

As of 10 AM Nov 2 2007 i have logged in 4840 hours with brava on my chest.
15.27 hours per day average over the last 317 days that is 45 weeks 2 days.

635 hours left to go. or 27 days if i do 24/7 which is not likely to happen. I intend on getting a few 24 hour days logged however. but i have 7 weeks left before the year with brava is over.

So good luck with yours.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: im feeling depressed November 2 2007, 9:59 PM

Brava told me my ribcage measurement was too small to get a seal and yet I've been wearing it for 18 weeks and never lost a seal while sleeping. The first couple of weeks are horrible though and I really feel for you. I didn't have much to show after 12 hours until about week 16 then suddenly I noticed a difference. Using the airlock allows me to move around, bend forwards, reach arms up etc without domes falling off and I don't usually bother with the bra as it pushes the domes towards the middle and hurts my sternum. At night try sleeping with 1 or no pillows under your head, 1-2 under each arm and 3-4 under your legs - you can't roll over like this. Or you can make a chair shape in the bed with 1-2 under each arm, 1 or none under the knees and 3-4 behind your back to keep you sitting up, I usually sleep like this now. Also if you're using medium or possibly large domes you can put 2 pillows under your chest (between the waist and the domes) and then leave a gap for the domes to fit down and then use 3-4 pillows under your face and sleep face down with the domes in the gap - this allows you to cuddle the domes with your arms and hold them on. You'll probably need to experiement. I can only say it was the cost of brava that stopped me binning it in the first week but really glad I stuck with it - keep at it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seri, wow if you 300cc they'll have to cut the domes off me! I'm going to use water displacement in a measureing jug with the silicone fillers I have to estimate how much I've gained. If I can get 100cc in 6 months then a bit of fullness with massage, herbs and booby food in the 4 months break, then another 100cc in another 6 months I'll be pretty satisfied as a standard implant is 200cc and I've got a pretty small frame. I think that maybe some of the people who haven't been satisfied haven't worn long enough or don't appreciate in terms of cc volume and body size as a lot of the very small girls seem to have got maybe 2 inches (and most people who've gone past 20-25 weeks seem to have something to show). I've seen 38D bras in shops and they're scary! Just can't relate that to my body but guess you're really tall - really hope you get the boobs you deserve.

piepie
(no login) okay? November 2 2007, 11:02 PM

well after i only wear the system for only like 6 hours they swell up fairly good ill fill out a 36 c and im only a 34 36 b i just want the tops to fill out i dont really need n e growth

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: im feeling depressed November 3 2007, 12:49 AM

Then stop complaining to us A's.

piepie
(no login) Re: im feeling depressed November 3 2007, 12:55 AM

well their all saggy from havin a kid i went from a 36 b to a 36 dd when i was a prego ....so dont be such an ass

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: im feeling depressed November 3 2007, 3:02 AM

Maybe if your grammar improves.

And saggy tits are a small sacrifice to make in the big picture of having a child... I understand why you're upset about it, but it's not the end of the world and you're not gaining any respect from anyone here by acting like it is.

piepie
(no login) i didnt mean to dramatic November 3 2007, 6:23 AM

its not my grammer ....i dont mean to come off this way but i think evey 1 is taking this a too literal i didnt intend on people getting mad at me for being depressed that i spent 940 dollars for this stupid thing not to work i dont mind putting the hours in its just the damn thing dosent work well and is a pain in the ass i was naive buying it and kinda regret it and as far as my grammer well im lazy ........
i am 21 and my tits look that of a 30 yr old maybe even worse a 5'2 girl who got prego at 16 gain 60 pounds in their bra practically and is now 115 pounds im sure u can get a good idea of my breast look like thats not what im dpressed about sure it sux ill deal just fine matter of fact i have lots of confidence that im a an exotic dancer every night men tell me how gorgous my breast are but it only matters how i feel im single and i know most of u prolly think that this will maybe make ur man happy or it will help u get one......i had a b/f 6 months ago who wtached all types of porn from teen to milfs from sweet tits to bubble butts i know from my work for a fact that beuty is every wear in different shapes and sizes i dont want to get breast implants becuz i dont wanna look like a stripper outside of work i just want my boobs to look normal ive acually always hated my breast when i was young and prepubsent i hated them they were weird puffy and inverted i was crazy enough to think that maybe nipple piercings would help them look a little harder instead of inverted and pufft then i got pregnant and it pushed out my nipples so now i like my nipples ....jeez i cant belive i feel like i have to explian my self i just want normal boobs and i was depressed that i had hope with this machine even took 940 dollars to pay for it and day 3 i wake up with the domes off at least i can say i tried it now i know it dosent work and get over it find a new way....maybe ill try pills that make u lactate i hear they work and make ur boobs bigger or maybe i will try the airlock on the brava see what happens maybe i just get a lift and say screw it

Alice
(no login) Re: im feeling depressed November 4 2007, 8:54 AM

If you read this forum before you bought Brava, you would already know that it often turns out to be a disappointment. Therefore you should not react so strongly because it's not working. You knew all along that there was a good chance it wouldn't be successful for you, but you went ahead and bought it anyway, so that's basically the chance you decided to take. Someone said earlier than only 30% of women get results from Brava.

livinonaprayer
(no login) For piepie November 5 2007, 12:52 PM

Brava can work if you are persistent and consistent. It takes a lot of patience and commitment. If you are just saggy and want to fill out your breasts it could work for you. You will need to stick with it and wear it every day to have the results. Take pictures so you know what you used to look like. Growth is VERY GRADUAL. You probably won't end up with what you look like with morning swelling but you could have the potential to fill in the emptiness from pregnancy since the skin has been stretched. Take the time and read through the previous posts from this forum and you will gain quite a bit of useful information and probably many of your questions and concerns will be answered without others needing to repeat much of the information regarding questions that have been asked before. Take one day at a time using Brava. It does get easier. Good luck.

piepie
(no login) thank you November 5 2007, 3:48 PM

thankx for not being a jerk
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon