Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava dome suction

Brava dome suction
December 4 2008 at 8:20 PM Kristen (Login Kristen10)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am hoping someone can help me. My current Brava domes have lost some of their tackiness. When I initially go to put them on, the suction is really good, for like the first hour; but then I am constantly either manually sucking air out, or the SmartBox is constantly running. It gets worse when I lay down to go to bed, and the SmartBox constantly running at night is driving my boyfriend, and myself crazy! If I don't wear the SmartBox to bed; when I wake up, I can feel the preassure in the domes is not good at all.

I have read a few strands, and tried using lotion before putting on the domes, and also that the domes' tackiness really doesn't matter. I am hoping this is the case; as I'm not looking forward to shelling out the nearlly $300 dollars, with shipping and all for a new pair; as this is my 2nd pair. Also, I cannot do the skin prep wipes; my skin gets unbearably itchy and irritated. They are definitely out of the question for me, and even when I was using them, they didn't help all that much. I use 2 different sports bras to keep the domes in place, which seems to work really well.

If anyone has any advice; please help! I am desperately trying to avoid purchasing new domes! If I have to buy new domes after every session, I'll be broke real fast...

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava dome suction December 4 2008, 11:09 PM

Try baby oil, that'll lubricate your skin to get the maximum tissue into the domes. Suck as hard as you can (don't bother with the smartbox - it's weak!), then suck again after a few minutes, more after 10 minutes, more every 30-60 minutes. Get comfy in bed - use a lot of pillows, blankets etc to keep you in a posistion where you can't move too much, then suck again. It's normal for the pressure to decrease a bit overnight as you get swelling there is less air pressure. I remember one girl saying she found it best to use a lot of pillows under her and sleep on her stomach so the domes were pressed against her. I have done this and is definitely good to relieve back ache but I airlock pretty tight so I can sleep however. Brava is absolute misery when you first start but it really does get better to the point where you barely notice it. I'm on my second round and it's a bit of a pain socially but otherwise has no effect at all.

Edit Message Delete Message

Kristen
(Login Kristen10) RE: Brava dome suction December 5 2008, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the advice Louise; I'll try baby oil tonight and ditch the SmartBox. What kind of airlock device to you use? I read in another strand that you can get the supplies to make one at a tropical fish supply store with tubing and a valve. Any experience, or do you prefer a certain kind that I can order from a website?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava dome suction December 5 2008, 7:03 AM

I have been doing as some others have done - just using the tubing that came with the brava and folding over the tubing with a hair elastic after suctioning. In other words, just remove the smartbox and filter and suck the air out of the T-part of the tubing, fold it over, and you're done!

Kristen
(Login Kristen10) RE: Brava dome suction December 5 2008, 5:54 PM

I actually have done the hair elastic with the Brava tubing, and it works alright; I feel it could be better though. I'll give it a try tonight with the baby oil and tying off the tubing with a rubber band. Thanks for the advice!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava dome suction December 5 2008, 6:28 PM

I also use the Brava tubing (although last session I did about 24 weeks with fish tank tube), the tubes are all the same size otherwise they wouldn't go on the domes so you can just buy the one way valve (called a check valve) and stuff that in the end of the tube. You'll need to pull the bit out the screws into the smartbox but it should push back in easily if you want to use it with the box again later. I'm not sure if the valve makes any difference to how well the air stays in but it is easier in the sense that having sucked out the air and stuffed the valve in you can then suck on the valve to get more suction later rather than undoing it all.

Kristen
(Login Kristen10) RE: Brava dome suction December 5 2008, 6:58 PM

Thanks Louise! I'll drop by the tropical fish store after work and pick up a check valve. It will make it easier to suck the air out, instead of taking the rubber band off every time.

Also, did you mention in another strand that you use baby shampoo to clean the domes? That is definitely a lot cheaper then the Brava dome cleaner, so if it works, I'm getting some! I'm just so paranoid about the domes since they are so dang pricy!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava dome suction December 6 2008, 7:36 PM

They don't do the Brava cleaning products in Europe, you just get a roll-on dome prep (although I've used all sorts of other cheap things and doesn't make any difference). I've only ever used baby shampoo to clean the domes, although it's probably better to clean them every 1-2 days with just water and then 1-2x weekly with soap - it's only to rinse the sweat off, you're not going to eat out of them!

At first I was very nervous about the domes but they're actually reasonably sturdy, the second set I received the sticky annoyed me so I rubbed it all off and that was a definite improvement. They're still going despite a bit of a split in the silicone (and I wear them filled with water in the bath sometimes) and I've had them for 24 weeks of my first session and 14 weeks if the second.

Kristen
(Login Kristen10) RE: Brava dome suction December 8 2008, 5:25 PM

Wow! Good to know the domes can take a little bit of a beating! I cleaned them with baby shampoo and used baby oil on my chest last night, and it seemed to work fine. On my left dome, the silicon got a little deformed, but I think I can work with it for the time being. It sounds like their pretty pliable; I just need to be more carefully putting them in place when putting them on; especially the left one; it has a tendency to suck the silicon inside the dome. I probably need to flare it out.

Thanks again for the advice! Every little bit helps!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava dome suction December 8 2008, 8:00 PM

You're right - it is important to flare the domes out, just release a little air reach your right arm across you body so it's pushing both the domes against your chest (right hand holding left dome on)and use your left thumb(for left dome) to break the seal, wriggle under and hook that silicone out. Not flaring the domes out is pulling the silicone cushion away from the dome and is the quickest way to damage them. Flaring out is such a pain and needs to be done repeatedly when you first get a seal and then throughout the session when you suck more air but after a couple of weeks they just stay like that. The plastic covering on the silicone on one of mine has split slightly but they're still usable. I can't sleep on my side in the wide XL yet so may order another set of narrow XL if the other narrows finally give up. The best thing is that towards the end of my first session the narrow large domes that I'd originally only filled about 25% were full in about 30 minutes. May have to dig them out and have another try!

Keep at it x

Kristen
(Login Kristen10) RE: Brava dome suction December 8 2008, 10:00 PM

Thanks for letting me know that as well! I have been using extra wide large domes, and really need to take the time to flare them during every session! Usually I'll hold them one in each hand, and place on my chest, with the tubing attached, and the end of the tubing in my mouth to start sucking. The right dome looks and feel perfect, always, but when I start sucking, the domes start to bunch up together in the center of my chest, and the left dome is the only one that seems to get mangled a little. I think flaring them, and focusing more on the placement will help a lot, hopefully. If not, maybe I should consider narrow. Do you like the narrow domes better?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava dome suction December 8 2008, 10:48 PM

Tha narrow XL fit me better but I touch the insides (and the ends with a long session) but they don't cave in any more when I suck hard as I fill them better and because they seal better I can sleep on my side. The wide XL cave in when I suck hard because they are pretty huge! Even with 20 hours I didn't get within an inch of the end, I do get a seal and keep it all night but it's easier to break the seal if I move around or do housework. It's difficult to relate my body to other people because I'm a really funny shape! I'm very short with chubby arms and legs, a big butt, a tiny waist and my under bust is only about 26" (so I'm like a kid with a fat booty!) so technically I'm too small to even wear the narrow domes. But I'm not totally flat so I think having a reasonable amount of breast tissue helps to keep the seal. I'm trying to even up my upper and lower body so need to start working out more - yuck! I also have very little fat on my upper body except my chubby upper arms. I have literally got bony ribs with boobs on. I felt that Brava made this worse as it encourages your boobs to get further apart so I ended up with all my ribs showing down the middle instead of a cleavage but BB seemed to fix it.

Kristen
(Login Kristen10) RE: Brava dome suction December 8 2008, 10:58 PM

Wow; that is pretty crazy about your ribs showing. I think I might try the narrow too. I can sleep with the wide x-large, but I think they are a little too big to get good suction without bunching up in the center. I usually sleep on my side with a pillow under my head, as usual, and also put one under me, right below where the domes under my belly to create a space for the domes between the bed and the pillows. It works pretty well, but I do toss and turn a lot, and I think the narrow will be better. I can maybe use the wide large after some more growth has occured so I can round out and get some good cleavage. We'll see what happens...

I must say; this website is so addictive, but everytime I go on, I get excited to go home and put the domes on...

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava dome suction December 8 2008, 11:02 PM

Also when you put them on like you describe, start out with them under your armpits, press them on at the outer edge then pull them over your boobs and push them on down the centre - this may help stop the outer edge turning in but will also maximise the tissue you get in the domes.

Repairing domes?
July 20 2009 at 10:01 PM Kristin (Login napahills)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The silicone is tearing away from my domes. Unfortunately, this is resulting in them leaking at night....and I'm not getting adequate treatment. I'm very upset...as I 've been doing this for 6 weeks, and now have lost 4 nights of treatment. AGGHHH!!!
Is there any way to repair these? I was thinking of just tearing the silicone off all the way on both of the domes...and putting some sort of rubber cement all around them? Any ideas that anyone knows of?
I hate to throw more money into this process....

Author Reply
CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Repairing domes? July 20 2009, 10:49 PM

This happened to me also and my boyfriend used silicone in a tube to repair it. Haven't had any problems since.

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: Repairing domes? July 20 2009, 11:36 PM

Is it called Silicone in a tube? Do you get it at a home depot store, or something like that? Did he rip off all the silicone on both domes to start from scratch...or did he just squirt it in the ripped part? Thanks Smile

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 12:28 AM

No it is not called silicone in a tube Wink English is not my native language so I have no idea what the container is called. I found a photo that looks similar to the thing he used. http://www.dalchem.com.au/images/stories...ealant.jpg. He bought it at a hardware store and only put at the part that ripped. Good luck Smile

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 2:22 AM

OK...I bought some. I told the guy I needed silicone in a tube. He asked me what for...I said, "it's complicated". Anyway, I think he got me the right stuff. Now I'm going to get to work. Fingers crossed!! Thanks dear Smile

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 2:25 AM

I had this problem with my first set of domes on the left dome. My husband bought a tube of silicone caulking from Home Depot and squirted it into the ripped silicone. I think we let it dry for about 8 hours. The domes worked just fine and held up just fine. I will try to find my old thread where I talked about this solution!

Update - here is the thread. It is exterior/interior silicone caulk from Home Depot.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/482746/th...+from+dome!

Don't despair. It works!!

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 4:02 AM

OMGosh...thanks you guys! THat's where I got it...home depot. I was so excited when I squirted it in there, and it puffed right up! Amazing! That just saved me serious bucks...love this forum. Now I have to let it dry---tick tock tick tock...my boobs are shrinking!! Oy...what a process.

help! ripped domes!
January 17 2008 at 5:59 AM dandelion (Login dandelion1)

so i went to put on my domes, and the silicon had ripped off the dome! i slathered superglue on them but i dont think its gonna work...the silicon are competely ruined you can see cracks throughout. however this is only on my right dome, the left dome silicon arent cracked but they are obviously used. I used the airlock, so yes i use a lot of suction. Louise, i remember you saying that you sucked the air out until you couldn't suck anymore out, how have your domes lasted you? im not even in week 5 yet.......money out the window!! unless i can fix this...anyone????

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: help! ripped domes! January 17 2008, 6:06 AM

If you bought direct from Brava you should have 90 day warranty so you can send them back. Could you try wrapping cling film round the whole thing and maybe taping it inside? (Only try to fix them if you can't send them back). If this works they won't be sticky so you'll have to do them really tight to stay on but mine haven't been sticky for months and I have no problems.

I've sucked them on very tight but got progressively tighter as the weeks have gone by, the main thing is not to let the silicone cushion turn inwards which mine haven't so they're ok.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: help! ripped domes! January 17 2008, 7:06 AM

the cling wrap is a good idea - thanks! no i bought the system new off ebay from the person selling the botticelli airlock, yes i now know it was a rip off Sad ....ah well. the problem is that i cant keep the silicon from turning in. even if i hold it while i suck the air out it turns in afterwards.....i dont know what to do about that........

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: help! ripped domes! January 17 2008, 7:18 AM

i dont know why i cant keep the silicon from turning in....but im assuming my domes will last me another week and thats it. so i have started looking at options (cannot offord to spend another 800$), and because i did not order directly with brava i cannot order another set of domes for 400$ (which i wish i could)...so on ebay i found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=p3907.m29

the same seller sells bosom beauty and brava, and i think this is probably their version of brava (it looks like a knock off). i found some comment on the net saying that its much more comfortably than the bosom beauty, but that person had not tried brava so i dont know how it compares. i wrote a question to the seller asking if there was sillion or some sort of padding for comfort, i am awaitng the response.

Louise
(no login) Re: help! ripped domes! January 17 2008, 4:03 PM

Dandelion - Seri's been through loads of domes, maybe you could post saying you're looking for a second hand set, I know it's not ideal but even if they last you a few weeks while you save up. What size have you got now and what are your underbust, bust and bra size? Maybe you would have got a seal better with narrow?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: help! ripped domes! January 20 2008, 4:47 AM

Louise, I measure 28.5 across ribs, 32.5 across chest...you think narrow would be better?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: help! ripped domes! January 20 2008, 4:55 AM

oh, and i wear 34a . sometimes 32b, but 32 is getting tight. i wear the 34a on either the middle or tightest clasp.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: help! ripped domes! January 20 2008, 4:47 PM

I started as 27.5-28 under, and 31.5-32 over. Brava advised me to use narrow large (I was amazed I didn't need the absolute smallest size available!), and after 6 weeks I needed the narrow XL. When I started I only filled about 25% of the large, now I can fill the XL, I've lost weight too so I have a lot more growth than you could tell from the measurements. I'm about 26.5 under and 33-33.5 over now.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: help! ripped domes! January 21 2008, 6:12 AM

oh, and i tried the cling wrap as you suggested lol...oh boy was it a disaster. i thought it was gonna work perfectly and i taped the hell out of the domes with cling wrap. the result? IMPOSSIBLE to get a seal with cling wrap. and it must have been cheap tape cuz the whole cover i made came off so easily, practically sliding off the domes. I have tried to fix it with superglue, and todays the second day and its holding on, but likely temporarily. i doubt this 'fix' lasts more than a week.

Help---Can't get a seal.
June 5 2007 at 11:52 PM Lucy (no login)

Can you experienced ladies help me. Last night, I could not get my domes to seal. The only thing that I did differently was that I took a shower and did not use the Brava cleanser. Do you think that could have been it. I finally got a seal after about 30 minutes of repositioning. I reapplied skin prep, waited 10 minutes, tried everything! My seal only lasted an hour and woke up at midnight with it broken. I was so tired and aggravated that I didn't even try again. Now, I'm back to square one! These things cost too much to give up. I also noticed that my silicone rim is torn on the right side, but not through to the inside, from constantly tugging it down to trying to get a seal. When I get the domes in the proper front position, they stick out past the sides of my body at the underarm area. It seems we need tentacles to hold everything that needs help while suction is obtained! Any tips will be appreciated.

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 6 2007, 2:08 PM

I dont use any of the products brava makes. i jr bend over and press them on my chest and suck out the air with my mouth to create a good seal then hook up the box and zip up the bra. good luck

lexy
(no login) Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 6 2007, 3:50 PM

but be carefull with the sucction. too much can harm u on short and long term. good luck

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER ripped domes June 6 2007, 10:06 PM

if they are less than a month old quickly call brava and get em replaced.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 13 2007, 12:19 PM

I had trouble at first too. I found that sticking and unsticking them makes it harder. Wait the full 10 minutes for the prep to dry. I actually took and pen and made a mark on my skin 1 1/2" below the crease. Then I leaned forward and placed the bottom of the dome there and flared out the sides and lightly pressed down on the rim. I then held the dome in place with one arm and attached one end of the T-tubing. I then did the same with the other dome and attached the other end of the tubing. At this point the bra is around my waist and not pulled up. I press again lightly on each side where they see to have air escape by my ribs and turn on the sportbox and attach to filter. Stand very still and while the pump is running look in the mirror and check if you need to press against the sides again while trying to hold the domes against you with your arm. You'll gradually feel the domes seem to tighten against you and when the pump shuts off, pull up the bra and slide your arms through. It's not exactly how Brava says to do it, but it worked for me. Sometimes is takes up to the 10 minutes. I mostly had irritation on my skin near my armpt area and found that when I kept sticking and unsticking the domes to avoid that area, it made it more uncomfortable. The rims expand and really move up and out after they've been on a while. Try to sleep with the pillows under you arms and you may need to point out your elbows or bend at your elbows to find a comfortable sleeping position.

Lucy
(no login) Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 13 2007, 7:35 PM

Thanks so much Livinonaprayer! All advice is appreciated. I had a coaching session yesterday, but it really didn't help much. They seem to think that every body fits into these little monsters the same way. WRONG! When I flare out the rims and press down on the domes with my elbows out, I have a gap large enough to fit my thumb in on each side under the arms. The only way I can get it to seal is to turn on the pump and alternately press my thumbs back far enough to sort of wipe the rims down while the pump is running. Eventually it will seal and will now stay sealed if I wear a sports bra rather than the Brava bra. The Brava coach insists that I shouldn't have to do this. I can wear it for only 10 hours, by then I am absolutely miserable. The domes get tighter and tighter as the night goes by and by the 10th hour my underarms are screaming for mercy. I suppose that is normal since it seems everyone has trouble in that area. I'm still hoping it will get easier in a few days. I'm averaging about 4-5 hours of solid sleep at a time now, whereas before I was awake all night with blown out seals! Thanks again, Lucy

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 13 2007, 9:46 PM

Believe me, you will sleep better. I started out with only an hour or so of sleep at a time waking up constantly. I even had a panic attack and was shivering and all upset. My husband said chill out and quit holding your breath! I later started getting about 4 - 5 hours of sleep at a time and as the weeks went by I wouldn't even wake up except maybe once and then would fall right back asleep. Also, the more weeks you wear the domes, they seem to fit better under the arms and mold to your body better. I agree though, sometimes they feel really tight like they're pressing down on you. I just finished 11 weeks and wanted to do more but we're going on vacation and I'm not going to drag that thing along and ruin my vacaction. I want to wear my bathing suit without dome rings which by the way, the coach told me to wear sunscreen because where the domes make contact your skin will likely be easier to burn or tan and you don't want rings on your chest. It got really easy to wear and get a quick seal during my last few weeks. Too bad I had to stop. I am going to start another cycle in December or January when the weather is colder and I'm not outside as much in the evening. I would like to complete 16 weeks for my next cycle and hopefully build upon the little bit I gained the first time. It's worth sticking with it. I didn't get huge results by I am definintely more filled out and it's been 5 days since I last wore it. The sleepless nights and difficulty getting a seal are now a distant memory.

Louise
(no login) Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 14 2007, 4:28 PM

What are your underbust measurement and are you using the wide or the narrow domes?

I put my measurements into the US site and it said I was borderline, I've been repeating my measurements all week as I get up to 1 inch variation (I finf it really hard to keep the tape measure at the same level all round)and didn't want to give the wrong info when ordering. I phoned Brava today as I was worried about measurements being unreliable and the lady advised me the underbust measurement is the most important and up to 29 ins should use narrow domes otherwise they don't seal properly under the armpit.

Lucy
(no login) Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 15 2007, 1:04 AM

Louise, I need to remeasure as I didn't have a tape measure when I ordered. I used a ribbon, then stretched it onto a yardstick. That may be my problem, domes too wide for my chest. I am 5'8, 125 lbs and 12 inches across from armpit to armpit. I normally am a barely B cup, so I do have small boobs, not entirely flat. I have the wide large domes. I will definitely try to remeasure this weekend. Thanks and good luck to you.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help---Can't get a seal. June 15 2007, 11:05 AM

Also, the measuring instructions are different on the UK and US sites and so are the dome size categories. Where are you based?

Ordering mine this afternoon - fingers crossed x

How to make my domes stick better
May 15 2008 at 10:49 PM Sharmiah (Login sharmiah)

Hi
Does anyone know how I can make my Brava domes stick better.They have lost all there tackiness and was wondering if I could buy something to help.

Author Reply

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: How to make my domes stick better May 17 2008, 4:41 PM

There is a roll-on adhesive called "it stays". you can get it on ebay.

Sharmiah
(Login sharmiah) Re: How to make my domes stick better May 18 2008, 9:15 PM

Thank you I will give that a go!

rainbow
(Login rainbowbaby) Re: How to make my domes stick better May 19 2008, 6:51 PM

Yes this is supposed to help when your domes get old.I have only just started using my domes but will get some for the future,although I have a really bad rash at mo !

Sharmiah
(Login sharmiah) Re: How to make my domes stick better May 22 2008, 8:13 AM

Just to let you know I bought some and it works great.Would recommend this to fellow Brava users.Thanks for all your help girls!

Help! Silicone rim split from dome!
February 2 2009 at 4:18 AM roakie (Login roakie)

I can't believe it. I am just thirteen weeks in. I put the domes on tonight and I couldn't get a seal on the right side. Suddenly I felt goo and noticed that the rim had split away from the outside of the dome on the upper part near my armpit. I am so disturbed! Brava only warranties the domes for 30 days, don't they? I can't imagine what I have done other than to hold the rim next to my armpit to get a seal when I put them on.
My husband just put duct tape all over the top on the side and it is holding for now. He said we can go to Home Depot tomorrow and get some silicone caulk and it might work.
Is there any way you think Brava will replace them? Anyone had this problem?

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 2 2009, 6:33 PM

I just called Brava customer service. They acted like they had never heard of this problem! They said I must have ripped the domes off my chest. I said I have been extremely careful, wait until the domes loosen after I release the tubing, and that I never let the rims roll under. Then she proceeded to say that most women can expect to replace their domes during the first cycle. I said "What???" You mean that the initial system costs $900 and then I should expect to pay another $250 the first cycle even if I haven't grown out of them? Why don't you write that on the website?"

She had nothing much to say except that I need to order new ones. If most women have to order new ones, what is the reason?????

I have latex rubber like suggested in an earlier post. Should I try that? Just squeeze it in the hole? I have duct tape on them now but they are marginal.

Should I knuckle under and buy new ones?

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 2 2009, 8:23 PM

Hi Roakie,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. This is hard enough without dealing with broken equipment. I count down the days untill I finish!

I would try to use the ones you are wearing. I was afraid this might happen to mine and I asked my boyfriend if he thought it was fixable. He said he would use silicone to fix it and it would be even stronger than before so I wouldn't have to worry that this would happen again at the same place. He is really good in fixing things so he knows what he is saying. We have silicone in our house and I have permission to wake him up if this ever happens to me!

Good luck!!!
Rose

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 3 2009, 1:34 AM

I filled it with liquid latex and I am going to see how it holds up tonight. It seems dry so we'll see what happens!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 3 2009, 5:18 AM

oh i wish i had read this post earlier the liquid latex did not work for me!

but perhaps its because i put too much of it in where the silicone started to break down...
either way the latex dries up to be rubbery and does not stick to the silicone so it made my problem worse...
i ended up getting new domes I've got them 3 days ago.

off my wrecked brava domes im thinking of just ripping the silicone all off together and using a yoga mat foam instead as a cushion - i havent done this because i think that without the silicone rims the domes are too large (i have wide-large , i think this would work well with narrow domes though)

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 3 2009, 5:59 AM

Hi, Dandelion and Cousin Rose!
Somehow the liquid latex seems to be filling the gap, at least for tonight. Actually, upon examination, I found that the silicone rim had not ripped all the way through. I got a q-tip and dabbed the liquid latex all into the gash (which is about 1/4" deep and half an inch long. I then made sure it touched up onto the dome as well. It seems to be holding quite well. I think I might put another coat on it tomorrow and let it spread out even more. If it ends up breaking down, I might try the silicone caulk. The worst part is the rip is right near my armpit, where I tend to push into the rim to make sure it seals on the side. There just seems no way other than to press there. If I don't, the hollow of my armpit makes a big gap that won't seal.
I know I will need to buy new domes. I am just trying to stall. I think I can get a bit more time out of these but since I plan to do about 20 more weeks, at least, I know these won't last that long.
It sure would be nice if Brava would give us a discount on new domes. They make so much money off this system.
Dandelion, what did you pay for your new ones? Were you able to use the old ones while waiting? How long did it take for Brava to ship them once you ordered?

This message has been edited by roakie on Feb 3, 2009 6:03 AM

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 3 2009, 9:06 PM

Just want to confirm that the latex rubber has done the trick. It held very nicely last night and seems to bend and stretch easily when I manipulate the rims.

It's good to know that if we catch problems early we might be able to get additional life out of our precious, expensive domes!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 4 2009, 4:59 AM

perhaps we both had different kinds of rubber latex? can you tell me the brand you have?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 4 2009, 5:41 AM

Hi, Dandelion,

I have Ben Nye liquid latex that I bought at a costume store. It is supposed to be for masks, etc.
I have the flesh-colored. Now I see from the following website that they also have clear, which would have looked a bit nicer.

http://stageandtheatermakeup.com/effects.htm

Anyway, I gently poked it in the split and made sure it was down in there. Then I sort of opened the split and put some more in with a small spoon. I also made sure that it came up around the edge of the rim. I am going to keep my eye on it and keep going over it with more if need be.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 5 2009, 3:06 AM

Update - the latex came off in a chunk, just like you said. So, my husband went out and bought silicone caulk (exterior window and door) from Home Depot. He put it all over the rip and it has set nice and hard, but still flexible. Seems to be working great and seems much more solid than the latex.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 5 2009, 4:30 AM

i have silicone gaulk as well. I tried coating the rims of noogleberry domes with it but it doesnt dry smoothly and its kinda hard so it actually made it more painful
i can see how it would be good to help create a seal if theres a rip but i wouldnt suggest filling in the gaps of where the silicone is deteriorating with it.

i hope it works out!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 6 2009, 7:16 AM

roakie - do you use the airlock?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 7 2009, 3:16 AM

No, I don't use the airlock. I use the smartbox regularly. Some mornings, I will detach the smartbox when I wake up and then suck out as much air as possible for a manual airlock, but I usually cannot suck out much. The smartbox actually seems to keep everything really tight. The one time the airlock is useful is when I have really been sweating at night. Then, in the morning, I move and the domes detach and I am so sweaty I have to wipe my skin under the rims, especially around the armpits. At that point, I take the smartbox off and use the airlock for the last several hours.

By the way, the silicone caulk is holding nice and tight.

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Help! Silicone rim split from dome! February 7 2009, 11:10 AM

I am so glad that you could use the silicone and don't have to buy another set of domes while they still fit you. My silicone is patiently waiting for me in the closet if this will happen. For such an expensive device I am shocked to hear that the woman actually said that a pair of domes only lasts one cycle!!

Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated
March 22 2009 at 3:01 AM Beeper12 (Login Beeper12)

I'm using Brava with the manual airlock. It's been going well for almost 4 weeks. But all of a sudden the domes just stopped cooperating. The silicone edges keep rolling under and inside the dome. Not only is it uncomfortable but air escapes. I've missed out on 3 nights now, waking up with nothing.

I've tried using less suction but the rims roll in anyway.

Help...I'm so frustrated!

Author Reply
molehills
(no login) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated March 22 2009, 4:10 AM

yes, the same thing happens to me. I've found that If I move the domes a bit further down it helps sometimes, because they're not so close to the armpit where the skin moves more if you know what I mean. But still I often have to re-flare the rims and try for a better seal a couple of times. I airlock too, don't know if that makes a difference.

I'm near the end of my third week and I think the domes are quite a bit less sticky already. I'm taking good care of them, wash with baby shampoo and air dry, etc., and use skin prep wipe. Near the armpits especially the adhesive is rolling into balls a bit as well because that's where I adjust them the most.

BooBoo
(Login Boo_Boo_Bear)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated March 22 2009, 6:56 PM

I was one of the ones that hated the sticky stuff so, like Louise, I got rid of mine as quickly as possible. This allowed me to add lotion or oil to the rims which stopped the rolling under. So, if you're using pretty strong suction, you might consider adding a lubricant.

Rox3
(no login) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated March 23 2009, 12:01 AM

One thing that has worked for me - I'm using the Smart box. I bought the wrong skin prep pads on eBay by accident...but they actually help the domes to stick better and I never lose suction and they never roll. I'm beginning my 10th week now. They're the same brand skin prep but they don't say no-sting. They're the regular ones. They work better. They're strong - you can smell the rubbing alcohol.

Beeper12
(Login Beeper12) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated March 23 2009, 12:22 PM

Thanks everyone - I also heard aloe was good to try. I'll give it another go and see what happens!

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated April 16 2009, 11:54 PM

how'd it go beeper? I've been wondering how things turned out, as I've considered the lubricant as well, but am nervous about doing it! No problems with a seal for me at the moment, but I have to be careful with my suction to avoid the rolling under thing.

Beeper12
(no login) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated April 17 2009, 1:43 AM

Hi Trigger!

Things are going well. Sad to say I gave up on the Brava method because I just couldn't commit to the minimum 10 hour usage time. I couldn't sleep and never really got the hang of it. I tried for about 4 weeks, and then the silicone started acting up...then I just gave up!

So...I just started Noogleberry - so far so good! The pressure is a million times stronger and I can definitely commit to 1 hour a day!

I'll hopefully get some results from this method!

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated April 17 2009, 2:06 AM

Wow! I'm so glad you could find something that fits into your lifestyle without giving up on suction methods altogether. Especially as you've already put in the four solid weeks. You're definitely not the only one who just found the brava trip waaaay too much to deal with. Suction definitely seems to work...one way is slow and steady wins the race (NB) and the other is fast and furious, but may just be a bit infuriating for some.

I've done the opposite! I did a month of NB, and then thought I'd up the ante and started brava. So far I've done two and a half weeks of brava, and have adjusted to sleeping ok, thank goodness, as that was the main thing I was worried about. There's no way I think I could get enough hours in if I worked a full time job though! I can't believe people do! I was doing more than an hour a day with NB though more like 3-4hrs, and brava is much better for me because I can walk around, do stuff, cook, eat, drink a cup of tea without the domes farting off. I love it. My husband is slightly more perturbed about how dominating brava is, and I definitely understand husbands getting sick of it. Hugging is difficult, having sex is a rigamarole and not very sexy plastered in no sting prep and bandaids, and the idea of snuggling in bed is right out. I've dealt with this by strapping them on earlier in the afternoon and keeping them on (except for a half hour bath - but the swelling stays so I don't think it's too much of a prob) until the early morning when I rip them off and enjoy a nice cuddle sans domes and on my side!!!!!
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. We both appreciate that. But of course only possible because I don't work out of home (well, not at this very moment) and don't have young kids.

That said, NB is great, and I also intend to do it between relatively short bouts of brava in the winters until I've achieved a nice size pair of bosoms. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll enjoy the results! I'm amazed by people like Kultzu who have done it for relatively short daily uses (1/2 hr) for a year and have very big boobies now! It's possible, that's for sure!

Anet
(no login) silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated April 17 2009, 5:53 AM

Rox, did you say the prep wipe has alcohol? The coach had told me, do not put anything that has alcohol on it, it will destroy the domes.

Beeper12
(no login) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated April 18 2009, 6:52 PM

Tr1gger -

I agree - suction definitely works. NB is just higher pressure for shorter intervals, which fits better into my lifestyle for sure! I can handle shorter intervals for a long time if my boobs still grow.

My husband HATED the brava domes. He hated that it took over all cuddle time at night (I work full time so our only time together was taken over by those things!). We never tried having sex in them - I can't imagine!! Smile

Keep us all posted on your progress!!! Good luck!!

Rox3
(no login) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated April 19 2009, 11:28 PM

Anet - yes I bought the wrong prep pads - a box of 50 from Amazon but I noticed after they arrived that it doesn't say "no sting". They do have alcohol but it's slight. I haven't noticed any damage to the domes/silicone so far. I'm down to about 4 or 5 left. The domes stay on tighter. I think I'll try the Aloe now since the pads are expensive. I'll let you know if the Aloe works. FRUIT OF THE EARTH 100% ALOE VERA GEL 240z. is what they say to buy.

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Silicone rim rolling inside dome...help I'm getting frustrated April 20 2009, 12:26 AM

thanks Beeper, glad you found something that works! I totally understand about your husband not being happy. I'm into my third week, and the complaints are coming more swiftly, although I've worked it out so that I can rip them off early in the morning and cuddle then. But sex in the domes? Lord no! I couldn't feel less sexy, nor possibly look less sexy. Poor man!

Hope it works for both of us!!!!

split domes - how to fix
September 28 2008 at 4:45 PM dandelion (Login dandelion1)

I wore the domes for 13 and last night, after having them off for 12 hours, I actually had something left! maybe half a size AT MOST , you couldnt really see the difference but i could feel it. I was sooo exited.
THEN
i went to put my domes on, then an hour later I woke up and i thought i had lost suction. this happened three times before I realized that the silicone had split from my domes in the area under my armpits, on the outside AND the inside! i taped them up, but still would lose suction in an hour. I was supposed to get 12 horus last night I'm lucky if I got 6.
this is sooooo disapointing.

Louise, you've airlocked as tight as you can, has this ever happened to you? cuz this is the second time for me......

Has anybody found a way to fix this problem?
I'm sooo angry

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: split domes - how to fix September 28 2008, 7:29 PM

The one thing I have been careful with is to not let the silicone turn inwards so even though there's a lot of suction it's only pressing the hard plastic rim harder into my chest through the silicone which eventually makes the silicone a less effective cushion. I'm on my third set of domes but each time I've chosen to buy a bigger size, they're all still usable although the silicone is a bit squashed in the older sets.

Have you tried using anything as a bandage, maybe if you got some double sided tape and some cling film (I think this is called saran wrap in the US) and put a lot of cling film from the inside right over the silicon to the outside all the way round with double sided tape on the inside and normal tape on the outside. Otherwise if you haven't had them long can you send them back?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix September 29 2008, 4:43 AM

Ive tried the cling wrap thing on my other set and it doesnt work at all, the best that I tried was electrical tape as its really strong.
my domes have never turned inwards, the domes go through the silicone exactly as you described, but this still causes strain on the glue that hold them to the rims. perhaps i suction too strongly. I was very careful with this set of domes, to NEVER let them turn it, so that is why im so surprised this happened.
I've heard of someone 'filling in' the gaps where the silicone has broken down ; i tried filling in the gaps with superglue but obviously that was a bad idea (on my previous domes). I may look at a hardware store....I will get all the use I can out of these domes and for the last weeks I may get new rims for my noogleberry, superglue them to my rims, and sleep with them on. It's harder to keep a seal with noogleberry cuz you can't move at all, but since it's much stronger suction it may work. On the noogleberry forum there's a woman who managed to sleep with them one once, and she's never tried again after but at least i know its doable.
I just cant afford a third pair right now - i've got other priorities

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: split domes - how to fix September 29 2008, 6:49 PM

I tried the Noogleberry foam rings and they're crap! As soon as you suck hard they just fly up inside the domes, they're not the right shape at all!

Could you try cutting a piece from a plastic bag or something? Using the tape all round will really rub your skin - I had to do this for a few days while waiting for my new BB domes.

Linz
(no login) Re: split domes - how to fix September 29 2008, 7:04 PM

I fixed mine but I don't know if I had exactly the same problem as you have with yours.
The silicon had broken up and the outer film had split near armpit.

I just stuffed a few plastic food bags inside to bulk it up, adn then sealed every gap with gaffa tape. Seems to work ok.

They look a completely minging contraption now with the brown gaffa tape on - but it beats spending £300. I think it's worth a try as a last resort.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix September 30 2008, 4:24 AM

saran wrap is really slippery, and so it's easier to lose a seal; that was my issue last time.
I think i will use the duct (or gaffa? i think its the same) so seal the parts where it detached from the rims. I dunno about filling it with plastic bags where the silicone has broken up...i dunno if that would be cushy enough? ooooh maybe those water bras that come with water paddings inside, i could put THAT where the silicone is broken...but then I'd have to buy the whole bra and I honestly havent seen one in a couple of years.
thanks for the suggestions!

i just realized that i may not be able to take my vacation as planned in december cuz i got a really good internship, so I was actually hoping to put in an extra few months!!! i'm assuming this means I'll have to get new domes eventually....this is fine but I just can't for the next few weeks.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix October 2 2008, 11:51 PM

went to a hardware store - bought some silicone in a tube (the filler stuff used for bathtubs - the edges), apparently its silicone rubber and its flexible and adhesive....my silicone is so broken down its difficult to get a seal - i've already lost 3 good nights (6 hours instead of 11 because i would gradually lose suction until there was no more suction at all - i would wake up a few hours later really angry!!!!!!)
SO i will fill the gap with silicone.........then lay down some superglue where the silicone hits the domes to prevent tearing, and duct tape wherever ther are existing tears...

im doing this in a couple of hours if anybody doesnt think that using this filling stuff please let me know before I do it!

*hoping it works

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: split domes - how to fix October 3 2008, 7:36 PM

The silicone that goes round the edge of the bath isn't like the jelly in the Brava domes it's more like a rubbery sealant. Really not sure if this would work or not.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix October 4 2008, 9:28 PM

havent done it yet - i managed to get a seal the last two nights so im not going to do it until i can really not get any suction. im at week 8, but really not retaining much. ive had a couple of short nights due to suction loss - so its hard to tell how many hours i wouldve put in but those nights i would assume about 6. it's happened maybe 4 times in 8 weeks but i never missed a whole night completely.

i'm going to put the rubber sealant round the noogleberry rings to test - i'll see how that goes

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: split domes - how to fix October 5 2008, 12:04 AM

Your putting it round the NB domes reminds me of before the foam rings were developed for NB a few of us were experimenting with liquid latex - you really could probably permanently fix your Brava domes with this. Don't do anything else! I will explain hopefully on Monday and give you the proper info, need to go through my old emails for method, pics and contact where I bought the stuff.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix October 6 2008, 2:10 PM

liquid latex- i didnt even that existed! yes please explain further sounds interesting

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: split domes - how to fix October 6 2008, 7:00 PM

Can you post your email address for me to forward the email on? It's got a pic and instructions as a Word file attachment. If you first use this method to touch up the breaks then go over the whole dome a couple of times it should all stay in there. The only problem is it takes a while to dry. Maybe you could take them off in the morning, do one coat then wear them overnight after they dry and the next day repeat and after a few days it will have built up enough. If you use too much it takes ages to dry. Are you UK or US?

Karen
(no login) Re: split domes - how to fix October 7 2008, 12:46 AM

Hi Louise- could you forward that email about the liquid latex to me also? My email is country_rh@yahoo.com. Thank you!!

dandelion
(no login) Re: split domes - how to fix October 7 2008, 5:22 AM

Hey! its dandelion - im not able to log in for some reason
that would be great if you could email me!
my email (i created an anonymous one specifically for nbe purchases and purposes lol)
is i.bugs@hotmail.com

thanks so much!

oh........update : i went without wear for 24 hours 2 days ago and at the end of the day I was back down to my original size!!!!!!! SO depressing.... i did 15 hours last night and i still retained a bit after 11 hours (when i put the domes back on)
i forgot how flat i was until yesterday......like totally flat.
I really hope bella's does something
I think if you have oily skin it means you dont have enough estrogen? im off the pill now, and my skin has been flaring up. I've been off for 2 months, and this is not my body acting up i naturally have oily skin (except for when on the pill)
anyways, yesterday was a slap in the face Sad i thought i was doing progress (Im at week 8! i shouldve retained SOMETHING - and that was the only time I went 24 hours without wearing)

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix October 8 2008, 4:27 AM

louise, do i basically pour liquid latex where the silicone is broken up? they are in such bad shape....i doubt i'll last a few more days. i'm just hoping to get through the night right now

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: split domes - how to fix October 9 2008, 7:22 PM

Sorry I was out late last night, I've sent you both the latex info including where I bought it from. It's not clear like the silicone stuff that's in there but it's what rubber halloween masks are made of so you should be able to make a rubbery covering that'll hold the contents in. If you apply it straight on to the domes and leave them in front of a fan heater to dry you'll hopefully get enough of a covering to hold everything together in one go.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix October 9 2008, 11:03 PM

hey thanks so much! the info is great.
wanna take a look at this link and see if the product looks the same as the one you used?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0261776026

i dont need five gallons....just some to fill in the silicone in my brava domes and some to put on the rims of my noogleberry.
so I would order three of these

Thanks again! sounds good

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: split domes - how to fix October 14 2008, 12:39 AM

just bumping in case louise you have time to check this description of the link and see if its similar to what you bought.
thanks!

Stick Domes
August 23 2010 at 6:48 PM Nelly (Login Nelly555)

I have a big problem. I leave the Septic Spray on the Domes for more thsn 15 minutes and I want to know if someone can tell me how I can do to my domes that way they can stick in my skin again.

Author Reply

Paul (Phillipa James)
(Login PhillipaJames) Re: Stick Domes August 28 2010, 5:55 AM

Hi Nelly, My domes weren't sticking very well, all I have done is washed them in warm (on the hot side) soappy water. I just use washing up liquid. They stay on now while I attach the air pipes without the vest. Hope that helps, good luck, Pippa x

Dome Pressure
August 11 2006 at 6:24 AM Jaded (no login)
Had setback after setback and now my domes won't stay anymore. The stickiness has worn off, i can get them on, but slowly air is getting into them.

Help!
Please, really ready to smash them up

Author Reply

Anonymous
(Login tms81)
Re: Dome Pressure August 11 2006, 9:38 AM

wash them with soap and hot water and use a rough sponge
and scrub them gently. It worked perfect for me i got the stickyness back. Do it about ones a week.
I bought the sponge at the foodstore, the cheap ones in multipack (different colors) with one rough and one soft side.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon