Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How do you take your protein?

So, should we be taking the required amount of protein for our body weight, or should we take more in order for NBE to work? I used the protein calculator and it said I need 48 grams of protein, but I remember reading that we need like 80 grams of protein or more a day for NBE.

I am currently working to increase muscle and toning on my body so I need much more protein for that.

I buy 100% whey protein isolate - the chocolate flavor, and I buy a separate half gallon container of chocolate milk. I put three scoops of whey protein isolate in the chocolate milk container and shake it up REALLY good (I usually have to drink a bit out of the container first). Then I drink one or two glasses of milk from my protein concoction every day until it's gone. Then I repeat.

This method works really well because it tastes good and I don't have to make a protein shake on the spot when I need it, it's all pre-made, I just pour and drink. Also, milk has whole proteins in it, and an 8oz glass of milk as about 9 grams of protein, so when you mix the protein mix with milk you get even MORE protein per glass. I've tried vanilla and it tastes TERRIBLE! In my experience the cocoa masks the taste of the whey better than the other flavors.

Also, for vegetarians and vegans, remember that if it does not come from an animal or soy source then it is not a complete protein. Beans, squash and the like may have alot of protein but you don't do anything for yourself by eating them alone. You have to mix other sources of protein together to make sure you are getting complete proteins that the body can use (ie. beans AND rice).

Lastly, the food brand Special K makes protein bars that are pretty good, about 10 grams of protein per bar, if you want to spare yourself a shake every now and again.

Yeah i also take mine in the morning for the best effect of the protein but would you like to know most important proteins...?
When it comes to taking whey protein, it makes sense to try and consume the whey protein supplement for the best results. If an aspiring weight trainer is just starting out and looking to supplement their diet with a protein supplement, it can be very confusing as to when to take whey protein for best the results.As well as being one of the fastest acting proteins, whey protein isolate is rich in Branched Chain Amino Acids (leucine, isoleucine, and valine).
These amino acids are very important since they help prevent muscle protein breakdown during exercise and appear to preserve muscle stores of glycogen. In other words, whey protein isolate contains the muscle building properties that most weight trainers are looking for. This is very important to understand.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon