Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca and PM Solgar

Hi!
I'm new here, but I have been lurking for a while. EVERYONE says don't mix anything with PM because it weakens the effect of PM, the stronger phytoestrogen. However, I was watching a video about this girl who was trying to grow and she said that she had wonderful results with mixing the two.

I ordered a PM extract with from Solgar. After doing more research on THIS site, I found that extracts are not as powerful but they already shipped it and I didn't want to go through the trouble of canceling. Has anyone else had any good results from an extract or Solgar? Also, since its allegedly not as powerful being an extract, do you think I'd be alright if I mixed the two.

I really want Pure, High Quality PM, but I have not been able to find any that didn't seem like a scam. I'd love the help. Smile Right now I'm a 32/34 C and rail thin. My weight only goes to my stomach IF I can gain any in the first place. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks again!

Dear W

There is nothing wrong with extracts. Please understand why Solgar is purchasing an extract from their supplier Bio-BOTANICAL.

They are using wild Pueraria Mirifica which is very erratic. Some is good some is junk and some of what they are getting is Pueraria candolle which for all practical purposes looks like Pueraria Mirifica but it is not.

Villagers rummage through the jungle to find this stuff for just a little money. It is processed shipped to America for further processing.

There bio-botanical runs it through a process which they employ a standard to " concentrate " one of the actives. They were advertising a number/ 100 gram. They got some complaints filed against them....I believe they stopped. Why because it is highly doubtful that they can measure the active.

Solgar brand is using a "B" material. Nothing wrong with it but over priced for it's value.

Legitimately farm brands are far better. St. Herb used to sell a farmed brand. I was recently told that he is selling wild and stating it is farmed...not 100 per cent on that.

best C

Thanks for the information! I might try St. Herb's when I run out of this Solgar.

I am a MTF transexual woman and have been using PM for 17 months. It is from pueriaria-mirifica.co.uk and is supposed to be 100% pure. Beleive me; it works. I have gone from next to nothing, to a 38B, in that time and have become a great advocate of this product.

Vitamins are essential in today's fast pacing lifestyle and these vitamins should be consumed in prescribed doses so as to avoid the health complications in the future. So, if you are planning to opt for vitamin supplements then do opt for good quality vitamins.

Getting back to the topic. Maca is not a phytoestrogen, so, it is safe to take with PM. As for Maca itself - read the archived forum, there's a great thread from, I think, waxingmoon who had the experience with Maca. It balances your own hormones instead of loading your body with phytohormones.

http://www.totalityofbeing.com/Frameless...tShape.htm

There're many PM brands out there, I recommend you search the entire forum (incl. old forum) and see what worked for most people.

wouldn't maca cancel out the effects of PM since it balances out your hormones? i don't understand why maca would be beneficial unless you're getting nasty side effects from too much estrogen?

chrissiegirl, have you been using the pills, cream, or serum from PM UK? i've tried their serum but i'm not sure how i feel about it. all i can tell is that there's a lot of alcohol in that serum. how long did it take for you to start noticing growth?

(28-07-2010, 10:29 PM)wildwildflower Wrote:  Hi!
I'm new here, but I have been lurking for a while. EVERYONE says don't mix anything with PM because it weakens the effect of PM, the stronger phytoestrogen. However, I was watching a video about this girl who was trying to grow and she said that she had wonderful results with mixing the two.

I ordered a PM extract with from Solgar. After doing more research on THIS site, I found that extracts are not as powerful but they already shipped it and I didn't want to go through the trouble of canceling. Has anyone else had any good results from an extract or Solgar? Also, since its allegedly not as powerful being an extract, do you think I'd be alright if I mixed the two.

I really want Pure, High Quality PM, but I have not been able to find any that didn't seem like a scam. I'd love the help. Smile Right now I'm a 32/34 C and rail thin. My weight only goes to my stomach IF I can gain any in the first place. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks again!

Hi WildWildflower,

I just ordered PM solgar too and breast Success. They just came today, I just took the breast success one. I was thinking of taking maybe one of each a day and see how it goes and then keep upping it to 2 PM as the bottle says and only 1 of the BS (suppose to be 3x day) that way I get. I bought the Platinum Edition of the PM solgar oh I posted a like in another post of a alternative doctor from thiland how recommended it, just seach for the link in the search putting in solgar and you would probably from the post quicker that way if your having trouble finding it I will repost it. Anyone else welcomed to give feedback on what I wrote here and comments. Oh I am going to do the same thing if I feel like nothing is happening with this combo and find a high quality PM.

Hey when did you start your regimen. Well I guess you know I just started 1 hour ago took my first pill, oh I do have the BS cream too. Well let the fun begin..hehe..Tongue

Susan/beachbum

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon