Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Celution!

Celution!
July 9 2007 at 8:04 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is supposed to be available in Europe in early 2008 - what do people think?

Author Reply
Jennifer
(no login) Re: Celution! July 11 2007, 6:51 PM

It will only be available for breast cancer patients to start with. Also it needs trials to establish how well the results last. There have been many attempts in the past to inject fat into the breasts, but hopefully this will be better than previous attempts. At the moment it's too early to tell though.

Edit Message Delete Message

Fluffy Sheep
(no login) Re: Celution! July 12 2007, 9:24 AM

Something like this has been promised for years. I saw an old article once that predicted it would be available in 2001. Stiil it really could be close this time, it's bound to come evntually.

Barbara
(no login) Re: Celution! July 13 2007, 10:11 AM

I think it is genuinely close now, but so far it's only been trialled in cases of breast reconstruction, so maybe we shouldn't get excited just yet. Also it's going to cost about the same as a boob job and maybe won't last as long, so how much bang for your buck you get remains to be seen.

Natasha
(no login) Re: Celution! July 15 2007, 11:49 AM

The 2008 date is wrong. The company making Celution say they are working as fast as they can in the hope of making the application available in 2009. This will be for breast reconstruction with cancer patients. There are currently no plans to make Celution available for cosmetic breast augmentation.

Kelly
(no login) Re: Celution! July 26 2007, 6:32 PM

But they have said that the celution procedure has potential for breast augmentation. So even if it is only planned for breast cancer patients to begin with, it's clearly regarded as a possible method of cosmetic enhancement after that. After all if it works for breast reconstruction, why wouldn't it work for general breast augmentation?

Louise
(no login) Re: Celution! July 29 2007, 10:00 PM

Check out the thread on the main board:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...4/Celution

HP Hybrid
(no login) Re: Celution! August 2 2007, 8:34 PM

May I ask how long this celution is supposed to last? I can't find anywhere whether this is supposed to be a permanent procedure or do you have to have it re-done every few years?

Boo
(no login) Re: Celution! August 8 2007, 6:38 PM

This is a PR release from Cytori Therapeutics concerning Celution:

"While the company is excited about the potential of its Celution system to advance the role of fat tissue-based regenerative therapy, the July 9, 2007 Chemical & Industry article upon which the BBC and related stories were based unfortunately made several errors and sensationalized the medical research the company is conducting. In fact, Chemical & Industry is planning to correct these inaccuracies with a detailed profile in its next issue. Cytori Therapeutics is focused first and foremost on applying fat tissue-derived cells and its Celution System toward reconstruction of breast tissue lost as a result of tumor resection in breast cancer patients. This is a serious medical need for which today there are few if any available options. The company is working as fast as it can in hopes of making the application in breast reconstruction available to cancer patients in Europe in 2009. Contrary to the story, Cytori Therapeutics is not focused on cosmetic augmentation nor is this application approved for use in Germany."

Lorrie
(no login) Re: Celution! August 24 2007, 8:47 AM

It's clear that this story about Celution has been sensatinalised. But the theory behind it is very serious and has great medical potential for all kinds of uses. Adipose tissue, also known as fat tissue, is one of the most recently discovered sources of adult stem cells. In addition to stem cells, there lies within adipose tissue a defined population of cell types that are also major contributors to healing, referred to as 'regenerative cells.' Together, these stem and regenerative cells represent tremendous opportunities for treating cardiovascular disease, spine and orthopedic disorders, vascular conditions, reconstructive surgery as well as a variety of other areas of medicine.

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Celution! September 24 2007, 10:33 AM

In answer to HY Hybrid, I was under the impression that this was intended to be a permanent procedure. But as it hasn't been perfected yet, it seems that nobody could say for sure whether it lasts well or not.

Nicky
(no login) Re: Celution! November 8 2007, 8:34 AM

There is a new study on Celution being carried out in Japan which ends in August 2008. It's taking 20 breast reconstruction cases and is intended as a test to see whether the effects of Celution will last.

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) I inquired via email about Celution for b. augmentation price at the Yokohama Clinic . January 9 2008, 8:23 PM

Here is what they responed with:

Thank you for your inquiry. With the lipoinjection technique of our CAL soft tissue augmentation operation, the stem cells are extracted from your fat, and the fat rich with stem cells is injected in to your breasts. Because it is your own fat, not only is it very safe, but also the shape and the touch are very natural.With this method, although with some individual differences, the survival rate is raised to about 50%. It is twice as much as that of the conventional lipoinjection procedure, which is thought to be 15% to 30% at best, making the CAL an epoch-making operation method. In CAL, adipose stem cells are manually extracted in our cell processing unit. Celution system is a machine to extract the cells, but a much less number of cells are obtained than our system and its safety for clinical use has not been evaluated. These are a part of the reasons why we have never used the Celution machine. As for the operation fee, it will be 28,760USD for the breast augmentation.(Currently, we only accept JPY for the payment through bank wiring. The fee in other currency may vary a little depending on the foreign exchange rate.) This fee includes pre-examination, operation, hospital charges, and follow-up.Please refer to the following webpage for the detailed fee chart.http://www.cellport.jp/english/fee/pricelist.htmlUnder certain requirements, we can offer 25% discount. If you are interested, please let us know, and we will provide you with more detailed information. Please let us know if you have any more questions regarding our procedure.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Celution! January 9 2008, 10:43 PM

So on the bright side it's 28K US not UK

gokhil
(no login) Re: Celution! January 10 2008, 7:49 AM

am i reading this report correctly? that the success rate of this procedure is 50%?

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) Re: Celution! January 11 2008, 7:15 AM

I believe they are referring to the implanted cells, 50% survive. Quite pricey. I would get a new car if I had that kind of spending money. Smile

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Celution! January 15 2008, 4:04 AM

Very interesting, I wish all the cells survived that would be amazing to have big breasts but still all natural through surgery...

sheep
(no login) whers the girl that had this procedure? April 11 2008, 3:46 AM

I want this but i think i may be to thin.
How much fat do u need?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Celution! April 12 2008, 9:43 AM

I think it's something like 50ml which would be 10 teaspoons so not much.

Roseability86
(Login roseability86) Re: Celution! April 29 2008, 11:49 AM

Re: not for breast augmentation

If they were going to limit it to breast cancer patients who are paid for by the NHS (in UK anyway), it would make little business sense. Think how many women want bigger boobs but real tissue rather than fake boobs, and think how much women would be willing to pay. They'd make an absolute fortune doing private jobs as well. I think the reason it's restricted to breast cancer victims at present is because they NEED it rather than want it, some of them are left with nothing at all so it's worth the gamble. If they started trials on women who had normal but small boobs to begin with and it went horribly wrong and, say, left them disfigured, they'd probably have more liability.

Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation
February 29 2008 at 12:12 PM Alicia (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is apparently a study underway in Japan on Celution for breast augmentation, with the result expected in about a year. That is how long it takes to assess how well the results of the surgery have lasted.

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply
Mandy
(no login) Re: Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation March 2 2008, 6:18 AM

Yes I heard something about that. I think it began last November, in which case they should be more than 3 months into the study now. I gather the success rate will be measured by how many of the stem cells survive.

Julie
(no login) Re: Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation March 5 2008, 8:04 AM

This study is for cosmetic breast enlargement right? Because the original use of celution was for breast reconstruction. I gather if it works out okay that the cost will be comparable to the cost of implants.

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation March 6 2008, 8:44 AM

Yes the study is for cosmetic breast enhancement. A cost of $3000 per breast has been mentioned and I assume this refers to the cost of the cartridges which are used to hold and prepare the material which is injected into you (fat and stem cells). You would still have to pay the usual cost of a theatre operation on top of that as the doctors involved will be charging for their time and work in the usual way.

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation March 13 2008, 11:12 AM

Yes that's what I thought, the $3000 per breast is what it costs the clinic, not the patient.

Kate
(no login) Re: Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation April 18 2008, 10:00 AM

This kind of procedure, whether celution or other stem cell surgery, would cost a minimum of $10,000 (US).

amy
(no login) Re: Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation April 18 2008, 4:21 PM

How do u know?
Is anything available in us right now?
Does it last?

Kate
(no login) Re: Study underway on Celution for breast augmentation April 24 2008, 7:35 AM

I'm sure you can get stem cell surgery in the US (not celution though, that isn't ready). I've heard of prices varying from $10,000 to $15,000. But I have no information on whether the result lasts or not.

Any update on Celution Procedure?
April 7 2009 at 1:18 AM Tamie (no login)

Hello,

I'm just wonder if anyone in here has any update information on Celution Procedure.

Thanks
I think this forum is great with lots of information on Surgery. ;-)

Author Reply
boobylove
(Login boobylove) Re: Any update on Celution Procedure? April 21 2009, 4:46 PM

am not adding info sorry ... am also very intrigued and like the idea of this op. I think i might even go for it as soon as get more info .

boobylovexxx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon