Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How serious should I be taking macrolane?

How serious should I be taking macrolane?
May 31 2007 at 8:59 AM Christina (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's not available yet anyway but how credible is it going to be for breast enhancement?

Author Reply
Judy
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? June 5 2007, 8:57 AM

I think this is a wait and see situation. It sounds like a good solution to me, except that it doesn't last that long. I've heard a year but I've also heard 2 or 3 years. I think we need more definite information.

Edit Message Delete Message

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? June 6 2007, 8:54 AM

I first heard about this many years ago, maybe as long ago as 1999. It seems to have taken a lot longer to develop than was originally expected. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work though.

Alice
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? June 8 2007, 9:13 AM

What is this macrolane? Is it some kind of breast implant or implant material?

Blow-Up Sheep
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? June 8 2007, 9:37 AM

It's an injectable filler, not an implant. The substance is hyaluronic acid in gel form. It's the same as Restylane that is used for filling in wrinkles in the face, only with larger components to make it more firm in the consistency. Still on trial though, isn't it? Needs refilling every so often so it's not permanent.

Louise
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? June 12 2007, 7:51 PM

I'd love to have this done, I heard on another post that you only get a small increase - does anyone know if this is true? What about side-effects?

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? June 13 2007, 10:46 AM

Nobody can answer your questions because the macrolane filler for breast enhancement is not available yet. The same company do have a material which is approved for use in surgical operations to correct breast deformity, but this is not suitable for ordinary breast enhancement. Until they have perfected the filler for breast enhancement and it becomes available for use, it's not possible to determine how much the potential increase will be, but the press releases talk about increases of about a cup size.

Cindy
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? July 3 2007, 9:51 AM

I think this macrolane will be available before very long, maybe just a year or two. However I can't help feeling sceptical about how effective it's going to be. The reason for this is that the filler they are using is similar to what's used in lips for example. Now a friend of mine had lip injections using one of these newly created fillers, supposedly a great technical advance, and the effect on her only lasted for 3 days. After that you could see quite clearly that her lip size was gradually reducing, back to where it started from. So although this macrolane may work well for some women, I'm quite sure there are going to be those who just don't get any real benefit from it at all. Put it this way, I'm not expecting this to put the breast implant companies out of business.

Black Sheep
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? July 4 2007, 5:09 AM

I don't believe it's safe. HA within one's own body is obviously fine, but there is evidence that injecting it from outside sources can cancer-causing. I won't even use skin care that contains it. JMHO.

Karen
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? August 8 2007, 9:01 AM

There is currently no macrolane product for breast enhancement and at the moment it hasn't got beyond the pilot study stage. I think we're talking about something which doesn't even exist at the moment. It could still be several years away, although I'm sure it will come eventually. Women will do it too, even if it costs several thousand euros and only lasts a year. I can definitely see women thinking that it's a good option.

Louise
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? August 8 2007, 6:27 PM

Personally the fact that it absorbs is almost comforting in case they come out huge and round and hard, also if your body can break it down the substance can't be too toxic. I would happily pay that every year but I think it's supposed to last 2-3.

Priya
(no login) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? September 19 2007, 10:48 AM

I think this macrolane will turn out to work quite well. I don't think it will have any problems associated with it particularly. On the other hand I think the amount of increase you get will be modest.

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: How serious should I be taking macrolane? December 18 2007, 8:40 AM

Macrolane when it's eventually available is going to be more expensive than having breast implants.

need advice-where to find a doctor for macrolane in Texas
June 24 2008 at 7:51 AM brest1 (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help. Where can I find a doctor in Texas Houston who does macrolane injection. Thank you. My e-mail irena011@comcast.net

Author Reply
brest1
(no login) does usa have macrolane? June 24 2008, 7:53 AM

is there any doctor in usa who does macrolane injection? i can not find anyone.

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
Eve M Re: need advice-where to find a doctor for macrolane in Texas June 24 2008, 8:01 AM

At the moment Macrolane is only available in Europe. It is not approved for use in the USA.

Anyone tried macrolane?
March 12 2008 at 4:00 PM Katie_French (no login)

I was browsing the net last night and found quite a few clinics doing it in London.
They inject a filler into your breast and it fills it out and usually increases the volume by about a cup size. The only downside I could see what that is only last about 14 months and then you need a top up. It is also expensive.
The effects looked good, though.
Even though they inject hyaluronic acid, and apparently the body already contains loads of this so therefore doesnt treat it as a foreign substance, it is slightly worrying that you have to put something in your body every year or so, but it looks great.
I hope it goes down in price, and has more of a profile, then I'd definitely do it.

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anyone tried macrolane? March 13 2008, 12:08 AM

Have you got any links for the London clinics?

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? March 13 2008, 11:15 AM

From the way you describe it, the injections can't make your breasts actually bigger, but what they do is fill out the volume of what you already have? But what if you're existing type is small but full?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anyone tried macrolane? March 13 2008, 6:55 PM

I used Brava and got swelling to about G cup, maybe you could try that if needed to make the skin more stretchy, I ended up going from small B to decent C cup while losing about 15 lbs and I din't get stretch marks.

Zoe
(no login) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? March 17 2008, 10:54 AM

I don't see why this would replace breast implants. The way I look at it, with implants you can go a lot bigger and it will last a lot longer. I bet in future there will be a lot more women still having implants than these injections. Plus in the long run implants are going to work out a lot less cost than the macrolane.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anyone tried macrolane? March 17 2008, 9:55 PM

But this is much much much safer and the result will look and feel more natural. Also it wears off so if you don't like them then they'll go away.

Woolly Sheep
(no login) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? May 2 2008, 10:42 AM

It's much safer but more expensive in the long run. The key thing is how big you want to go. With macrolane the size increase is limited to a cup size at best, with implants you can have whatever you want.

Sheep
(no login) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? June 22 2008, 11:23 AM

It's not been PROVEN to be safer just yet. I think women having macrolane done now are guinea pigs.

Microline
(no login) Dear sheep... June 23 2008, 8:53 PM

Why wouldn't it be safe? It's 100% hyaluronic acid. hyaluronic acid can be found in our connective, epithelial, and neural tissues. It is an important component of articular cartilage, where it is present as a coat around each cell , it is also a major component of skin, where it is involved in tissue repair. The goo inside an eyeball consists partly of hyaluronate too.

Now... where is the danger?

Sheep
(no login) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? June 27 2008, 7:32 PM

I didn't say it wasn't safe. I said it hasn't been PROVEN to be safe. Different statement entirely.

Microline
(no login) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? June 29 2008, 9:59 AM

Has breathing been proven 100% safe? Perhaps you should hold your breath until it has been.

Sheep
(no login) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? June 30 2008, 5:02 PM

As many cosmetic surgeons have pointed out, this kind of material has never been injected into breasts before, so it seems sensible to reserve judgement on it and see in the fullness of time whether it' s actually safe or not. If it shows no harmful effects then it's safe, in which case so much the better.

Musketeer
(no login) USA July 1 2008, 2:40 AM

Are there any Dr. doing this in the US? What about Dallas, Texas?
Is it FDA approved?

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? July 1 2008, 9:41 AM

No, there are no doctors doing this anywhere in the US. Macrolane is not available in the US.

gigi
(no login) macrolane in mexico? July 11 2008, 7:33 PM

Does anyone know if there are doctors in mexico using macolane? As well, much discussion has been about breast enhancement, but i have read that is has been used for the buttocks. I appreciate any informed feedback.

Peony
(Login peonyflower) Re: Anyone tried macrolane? July 12 2008, 8:20 AM

At the present time, Macrolane is only available in Europe and Japan. But it's bound to reach Mexico eventually, since Mexico is one of the biggest countries in the world for cosmetic enhancements.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon