Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

fat instead of implants

fat instead of implants
January 5 2007 at 2:42 AM Anonymous (Login deniquaa)

I just wanted to know has anyone tried getting their fat in their breast instead of implants?

Very curious about this and is looking into it.

Author Reply

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS Re: fat instead of implants January 5 2007, 10:20 AM

There are a few doctors who practice breast augmentation using the patient's own fat, but not many because there are problems with it. The main difficulty is that the body reabsorbs some of the fat which makes it hard to really control the shape and size of the breasts. It can leave the braests looking uneven, so it can be a bit hit or miss. There is one big advantage though, which is that because it's the patient's own fat the body will not react against any foreign object like an implant.

Edit Message Delete Message

Kate
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants January 7 2007, 10:05 AM

I am in the UK and looked into this. There is at least one surgeon in the UK that does it. Apparently women asking for the fat on their hips to be moved into their breasts is a very common request! It seemed complicated to me though, the process of fat transfer is a very long one and implants seemed a simpler choice.

Donna
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants January 9 2007, 7:54 AM

I have plenty of fat on my hips available for moving to the breast area! Somehow I can't see that this is very straightforward, otherwise it would be an extremely popular procedure. It strikes me as full of risks and uncertainties, which I suppose is why not many of these fat transfers seem to be done. Won't the breasts end up looking a bit lumpy if a lot of fat is injected into them?

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER fat instead of implants January 11 2007, 5:31 AM

just wanted to pass on this article about fat grafting back in May 2006:

http://www.plasticsurgerypa.com/index.cf...ductID=337

Elaine
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants January 12 2007, 7:24 PM

Thanks for the article Michelle Choi, very useful really, especially as there does not seem to be much information on this subject.

Trixie
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants January 16 2007, 9:50 AM

Surely the result would not be much good anyway, because inevitably you would get fatty breasts, therefore not very firm or shapely. I don't think going through a fat transfer operation would be worth it. Admittedly you have no foreign body/implant inside you, I take that point, but I would have no confidence in a fat transfer operation ending up looking very good.

elle
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants January 17 2007, 8:06 AM

ive heard that the fat can sometimes go lumpy, and that injections can make cancer harder to be detected. a bit risky xxx

Christina
(no login) dont dont January 20 2007, 7:50 AM

don't do it. notice it says something about "if the fat lives" which confirms further findings that often the fat dies and calicifies, or even infects the area injected. god forbid this fat calicifies and masks something important like cancerous lumps!!!! trust me hun, if his procedure was as successful as we'd like it to be, millions of women would be doing this instead of implants. who wouldn't want their own body fat in their breast instead of some foreign sloshy implant? believe me, I looked into this procedure and I strongly urge you not to do it. sorry to disappoint Sad

Anonymous
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants February 1 2007, 8:54 AM

I've heard about this before, but surely it isn't a lasting procedure, the fat would apparently be reabsorbed back to other parts of the body quite quickly.

Dolli3
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants February 7 2007, 6:42 PM

I thought about this procedure when I was younger lol! I thought to myself "Why can't we just take fat from somewhere else and use it in our boobs?" It just seemed so simple to me I thought I was such a smart little girl LOL . But yes, it does like a simple solution especially if you can take some fat from unwanted areas and use it in our butts or boobs but there is a risk like all the other ladies have stated. I suggest you do some more research on this first Smile Good luck hun!

-- Good luck and best of wishes ladies!

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: fat instead of implants February 10 2007, 7:43 AM

I saw a TV documentary a while back about fat grafting and it's amazing what can be done, helping to reconstruct faces etc, but very few surgeons do it at the moment. Generally it's not recommended for breasts though because of the problem that it makes it harder to detect breast cancer. But even with the breasts, there are some surgeons that do it if you really want it done.

Zoe
(Login minsky)
EVE MEMBERS Re: fat instead of implants February 14 2007, 10:59 AM

Yes it's true, there are definitely surgeons that will do it for you. I've seen it offered as an alternative to breast augmentation with implants, but it's a lot more costly them implants. It needs a long operation too and it's a more complicated procedure, but it has a reasonable success rate. Nothing can be guaranteed though because like others have said the body may not maintain the fat in the place where it's been placed.

Zoe

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: fat instead of implants February 15 2007, 3:02 AM

Maybe it will be a possibility someday, the post by Wishful on the main forum looks like they might have found a way to do it and make permanent.

Rinoa_Lewis
(Login rinoa_lewis)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: fat instead of implants February 22 2007, 4:06 AM

I'm not sure what wishful's post on the main forum was, but I have a feeling it has to do with th asian doctor who is combining a patient's fat with stem cells. Some of the stem cells turn into more fat, but other cells turn into the blood supply cells that are required to stop the fat from 'dying' so to speak.

Interesting, yes. It does however mean that the patient needs the fat to begin with. :S

It's a pretty controversial thing (because stem cells are involved) but if you google it, you shouldn't have any trouble finding out about it.

Brenda
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants March 17 2007, 9:56 PM

I found the following at www.carefair.com, some info about the fat grafting or fat transfer for breasts:

"American plastic surgery groups have issued a warning to consumers to be cautious about using fat grafting techniques for breast augmentation. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) states that there is not sufficient evidence at this time to validate the safety of the procedure.

Fat grafting, a process which has been in existence for over twenty years, is the transfer of fat from one part of the body to another. It is used primarily for the hands and face, but its use in breast augmentation has been increasing in recent years according to reports.

The organizations also believe that fat grafting may make detecting breast cancer difficult, or cause false mammography results."

Ida
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants May 7 2007, 10:50 AM

buttock augmentation uses fat grafting after all, so why can't be used for giving someone a boob job, it seems reasonable to me. if it works for one part of the body what's the problem?

um
(no login) Re: fat instead of implants May 17 2007, 7:33 AM

why do peoplekeep trying to find way to transfer fat into the boobs? we did fat transfersin the 50s and it resulted in breasts calcifying and needing to be chopped off. your body doesnt respond well from the procedure, idont know why they still insist its going to work

Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts'
July 11 2007 at 9:50 AM Jen (Login blitz1228)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6283444.stm

Author Reply
Jennifer
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' July 11 2007, 6:52 PM

It will only be available for breast cancer patients to start with. Also it needs trials to establish how well the results last. There have been many attempts in the past to inject fat into the breasts, but hopefully this will be better than previous attempts. At the moment it's too early to tell though.

Fluffy Sheep
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' July 12 2007, 9:22 AM

I'm too skinny. What happens if you've got no fat to liposuction out and inject into the breast?

Barbara
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' July 13 2007, 10:04 AM

You actually don't need very much fat because they only take out a modest amount, if I understood it right. Then it gets mixed with stem cells and injected. But how long it lasts for is still uncertain though.

Natasha
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' July 15 2007, 11:30 AM

The company in question have issued a correction to this story, saying that the BBC have unfortunately made several errors in their report and have sensationalised the medical research the company is conducting. The company have stated that their procedure is not being developed for cosmetic purposes but is dedicated to use in breast reconstruction. They currently have no plans to research cosmetic breast enhancements.

Susan
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' July 16 2007, 9:56 AM

So to sum up, so far this procedure has only been used in cases of breast reconstruction. It has not been used for cosmetic breast enhnacement, so at the moment nobody can say that it definitely works for that.

Julia
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' July 20 2007, 7:11 PM

That's a good summing up. The original report exaggerates the likely availability of this procedure for breast enhancement. In reality it's only being developed for breast reconstruction at the moment.

Girl Sheep
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' July 30 2007, 10:10 AM

So how much fat would be taken out for such a procedure. Does anyone know how much we are talking about, otherwise some of us would have the problem referred to avove that we might not have enough to spare.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' August 1 2007, 9:06 AM

I understand it's a 160cc lipo, but have a look at the celution topic on the main forum. I don't think it matters that it's a small amount as its supposed to use the stem cells to grow breast tissue over a 6 month period so you're not just getting two tiny 80cc fatty implants.

Girl Sheep
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' August 1 2007, 9:46 AM

I'd say that 160cc of fat is quite a lot. Think about it, 160 cubic centimetres. Where do they take it from, because quite honestly I don't think I've got that much fat anywhere to spare? 160cc?

Louise
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' August 1 2007, 10:11 PM

Well 250cc is a standard size implant, which is kinda like half an orange to half a grapefruit in size and it's just over half that much so about a fist size....quite frankly I think by backside would yield enough for everyone on the forum to have DDs!! Seriously thoughif you're very slim I would've thought they could take a bit from each thigh and it would come out like a liquid not a lump so you'd hardly notice it.

GJ
(no login) Re: Tummy fat 'can grow new breasts' August 4 2007, 3:22 PM

I think the size gain possible by this method will be fairly limited, so the implant manufacturers aren't going to be very bothered by it. I expect that the demand for breast implants isn't going to be affected.

Liposuction and fat injected into breasts
September 1 2008 at 5:42 PM susan (Login susan38)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I searched on google and found this group, it is lovely to know that there are so many other women looking to improve the appearance of their breasts for thier own reasons.

After reading many of the posts here I realise that my goal is different to many posting of the women posting here so I do hope that you will not judge me and be angry at my questions.

I am what most would class as over weight and live in the UK. I am 5 foot 1 tall and weigh 200 lbs but am happy with my weight and my body appearence except for my breasts. I want them to be lower hanging but not firm.

I actually like my breasts hanging low and saggy and have been actively trying to stretch them by pulling on them for years now and the skin and Pectoral muscle have been stretched.

Now that I have managed to stretch them so that they hang lower down on my body I want to have some fat liposuctioned from my thighs and buttocks and injected into my breasts.

I hope you are not thinking I am weird for doing this but it has been my goal for many years now and my husband also finds this attractove.

So my question is, is there a technique used in the UK for re-injecting the fat back into the breasts?

Does it all get reabsorbed within a few months?

Are surgeons able to shape the breasts using this method?
I assume it would be much more difficult that adding silicone implants which I really would never consider having for my goal but can see why others do this if they want higher pert and learger breasts.

Author Reply
HopsGirl
(Login HappyHopsGirl) Re: Liposuction and fat injected into breasts September 2 2008, 11:27 AM

The experience of fat injections shows that the fat tends to migrate to other locations on the body.

Tiran1
(Login Tiran1) Re: Liposuction and fat injected into breasts December 5 2009, 4:51 PM

Hi, I am also seriously thinking to have it done and I also live in UK.
There is one surgeon Prof Mokbel who is already doing it but for women who had their breast removed because of cancer....in the articles it waa said that he will start doing it at the end of 2009..for 6500£

I keep e-mailing him but he doeasn't answer though....may be he is not ready yet...

it is permanent by the way...1 cup

Questions: BE using fat injections
June 2 2009 at 4:13 PM tattoolady (no login)

theres little information i've found via googling...
i know all about the concerns
i was wondering about cost...
and how to look up surgeons that offered fat grafting/injections so i can contact them with specific questions.
does anyone know a trick for searching these more specialized surgeons in an area close to mine?

Author Reply
Sasha
(Login Sasha09) BE using fat injection June 3 2009, 12:30 AM

Hi Tattoolady,

I have read on the internet about a Professor Kefah Mokbel. He is a breast surgeon in London at the London Breast Institue at Princess Grace Hospital. There is a new procedure which they say on the internet should be available in London from May 2009. Apparently this procedure has been done in Japan for the last 6 years and was discovered by a Japanese breast surgeon. What they do is give you liposuction from your hips/buttox area and then remove the stem cells from half of the fat cells removed and place them into the remaining half of the fat cells. That is then injected into your breasts. The idea of the stem cells is to hopefully have the fat cells that are injected grow and develope blood vessels etc so that it remains in your breast and not dissolve away. If you enter "stem cell breast enhancement" into your google search window it will bring up all sorts of articles on the subject. I hope that is of some help and the you live in the UK or Japan!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpea
(no login) has anyone has fat transfer? September 6 2009, 7:49 PM

I would really like to know if anyone has had this procedure done, I know the American society of Plastic Surgeons has finally approved the new fat transfer technique which involves using blunt suction needles for the lipo so as not to damage the fat cells , centrifuging the fat (NOT concentrating stem cells though- which still means the fat will very likely get mostly reabsorbed)and spending ages grafting tiny amounts over a huge surface area to increase blood supply.

Apparently it has a much better success rate, though i did talk to a nurse at a hospital where they performed this procedure, and i kept asking what the highest percent of reabsorbsion a patient had experienced, and how much fat on average gets reabsorbed. Unfortunatly she wouldnt give me a straight answer.
Her answer was: we always add 15% more fat which gets reabsorbed during the first week.
I guess its still mostly unsuccessful Sad

Still, I would LOVE to be contradicted by someone whose had it done?

laisegirl
(Login laisegirl) Re: Questions: BE using fat injections October 19 2009, 10:11 PM

DAMN! I ahve been saying for yrs that i would be happy if they could take the extra crap i have on my inner thighs and the extra butt that seems to have fallen and put it in my boobs then i'd be happy with a decent set of knockers! ! Looks like i missed my oppurtunity to become a millionaire and help women! LOL!

laisegirl

Have you heard of some breast enlargement procedure
June 5 2006 at 7:38 AM Feruza (no login)
Have you heard of some breast enlargement procedure where they take fatty tissue from some area of your body and inject it within your breasts? My husband remembers hearing something like this a few years ago, but we can't find anything on this topic.

Tap
(Login Tap69)
EVE MEMBERS
fat injection
June 5 2006, 11:20 AM

Hmmm interesting, I did a google search for you. It falls under the catagory of body sculpting or contouring. Lipo-injection. Here's one site with lots of pics to have a read through.

Another site I read said the retention rate of the deposited fat is not 100% Something like 73% kept the fat where they put it... sounds a bit funny eh?

Actually speaking of this kind of non-implant surgery... i meet a lady who had a mastectomy (due to breast cancer) and then a breast reconstruction years later using skin from her stomach and her own body fat... she showed me her boob and it was amazing... i was very very happy for her, given the trauma of breast loss.

All said though.. a herbal alternative may be worth your investigation. There's lots of info and moral support on this site.

http://www.dr-tcheupdjian-liposuction.co...ter22.html

Good luck
Tap

Jacqui
(Login Jacka-b)
EVE MEMBERS
Have heard of this
June 5 2006, 11:20 AM

I did hear about this, but it isn't a lasting procedure, the fat would apparently be reabsorbed back to other parts of the body quite quickly. Possibly there aren't enough candidates with enough extra fat supplies too. Have you ever seen what it looks like when they're extracting fat from someones leg or buttocks, horrible,painful stuff. Why don't you try NBE, it's much more positive and I find it quite soothing really to massage my breasts, something I was never encouraged to do, or ever knew was such a good thing till now.
Jacqui

Alison
(Login Alison.)
EVE MEMBERS
Have heard of this
June 8 2006, 7:32 AM

I wouldn't go through any lipoinjection for breasts unless it's the new stem cell method of doing it. There were always problems with the traditional lipoinjection and it tended not to be lasting. Fat transfer to the breasts sounds like a great idea but it didn't work that well in practice.

injections
July 5 2006 at 12:29 PM elle (Login elle123xx)
EVE MEMBERS

hello

ive heard that you can get fat injections into the breast to enlarge them. I would love this! but i don't know anything about it.

if anyone has any information on this and where i could get it, and how much. id be sooo grateful :o)

xxxx

Jacqui
(Login Jacka-b)
EVE MEMBERS
I don't think you will love this
July 5 2006, 2:56 PM

With this procedure, there is a high risk of infection and of course there is the chance that you will lose some of the fat if not most of it.It also makes it harder to detect cancer cells, for some reason. This procedure is not popular amoung surgeons and you will be warned that results may not last or be satisfactory.
http://www.dr-tcheupdjian-liposuction.co...ter22.html
There seems to be very little publicity on this procedure, with regard to before and after, which to me is not a good thing.
I think if you surf the net enough you will find that alot of surgeons ask you to contact them to find out whether you are a candidate for this procedure, I suppose you need enough fat supplies. I would be patient, we would all like more than we've got straight away, but quick fixes don't always have a happy ending. How long have you tried NBE for?
Jacqui

Vicky A
(Login VickyA)
Re: injections
July 6 2006, 9:29 AM

Don't bother with this fat transfer to the breasts unless it's the new method using stem cells.

Tracey
(Login Tracey)
Re: injections
July 8 2006, 1:16 PM

Don't forget you need to have enough spare fat elsewhere in your body to have injected into the breast area. Otherwise it's a non-starter.

fat injections in breast Sad
January 9 2007 at 10:42 AM gingerD (Login gingerD)
Well after ringing practically every cosmetic surgery comany in uk.
They don't do it here,iv had various reasons given-results are lumpy, the negetives out weigh the postives etc also that our governing body (not sure the name used)have not legalised it as it doesn't meet the guide lines.
it seems to be widly available to be injected into the face as aposed to the breast.

Info found:

Fat transfer for breast augmentation
This is a procedure that uses fat transfer for breast augmentation. This technique is the same as the original fillers for breast augmentation used in the 1920s.
It was abandoned because it left scars and the fat was reabsorbed by the body leaving uneven breasts. It uses fat from the patient's own body which is obtained by liposuction from other areas, such as the abdomen. The fat is transferred to the breast to enlarge it. Very few doctors practice this breast augmentation procedure and it is still very controversial. There are many reasons for the controversy. Among others, one reason is that the fat can crystallize, and this makes breast cancer detection very difficult. With fat transfer it is also difficult to control the shape and size of the breast, because the body reabsorbs some of the fat.
there is not a lot of information on this surgery in the USA, but there have been extensive studies and at this time most doctors are skeptical of the procedure. There are, however, still some doctors practicing this technique in the USA.
The advantages of the breast augmentation with the patient's own fat is that the body will not react against the implant; there is no foreign object to react. There are risks such as asymmetry, infections, and as previously said, difficulty detecting breast tumors.

so it apears im back to the drawing bord on this one

mark
(Login sunnyMark)
Re: fat injections in breast Sad
January 9 2007, 10:47 AM

hey ginger, this procedure just sounds too risky, i'm glad you're not going for it, are you back on your routine?

Cecilia
(Login Cecilia)
Re: fat injections in breast Sad
January 9 2007, 5:41 PM

It may not be available in the UK, but when they start using stem cells to inject the fat it will surely be available in the UK then.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon