Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Announcment, TV Documentary.

Hi everyone, i have a quick announcement to make. i have been aproched by a well known TV channel in the UK to be part of a documentary which will be shown here in jan 2011, its about 3 people who never realised they where transexual until something in there life changed, i cannot say much more about it yet. I have not said yes to doing it yet as i am very conscious about how it will portray me and i dont know if i want to make my life that public, i am also worried about how they will portray NBE in it, as ofcourse i will be talking NBE up lol and i dont want them to turn it into a circus of lies and so on, im very skeptical of the media lol but i will let you know more when i decided what i am doing, there is a part on my forum about it if your interested. but please feel free to comment and give your views as i am very unsure about it.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Well hun,it depends. Is your life still going through a transition Where family and friends would be emarassed.Or has everyone Ok with your transition. You will be a spot light and could your family and friends handle it.As for you Hun I think your strong enough to handle what ever comes out of the TV specialSmile

I think it's awesome they asked you! I don't know how british media is as opposed to the media in the US. But there was a documentary on MTV here in the states called "True Life" and one of them was on NBE kinda. It had 2 girls both unhappy with their breast size and what they were doing about it. One was under 18 and her mom was pressuring her into getting implants! Said she'd pay for her to go get them and all! She didn't do NBE but rather started a self happiness type thing where she just accepted herself the way she was. The other girl was a gogo dancer and wanted bigger breasts mainly for her work. She at first started doing something in NBE, they didn't say exactly what brand, but looked like natureday and we all know those commercial products for the most part are bogus. Well she didn't do it long enough in my opinion, gave up and started saving for implants. So in my opinion they should have done it on some of the women that have had success with NBE like the ones on this forum! That documentary is probably leading alot of young girls to go get implants now *face palm*.

I say if you wanna do it, do it and let us know how it goes! If not then that's fine too, but I think you growing your breasts naturally as opposed to the ones that get implants would inspire more TG's not to get implants and go for a natural alternative.

Thanks to both of you for your replys, the media over here is not too bad when it comes to serious stuff like this but i am still concerned about it turning into a circus of some kind with twisted truths, i have always liked to keep myself to myself and a low profile in my real life and the thought of being on TV is daunting, but i want to raise awareness about NBE to women and men as i have seen the effects that a bad boob job can have on someone, and also from speaking to so many people on here i know how NBE is a god send, but i worry that the program will be little NBE and twist things. Im meeting with the director soon and i will discuss everything with him that worries me, as i have been told i will have the final say in what is shown about me, but the contract says i must show the effects first hand and that means abit of nudity lol i know i have my pics on here and my forum but i dont know how id feel having them on TV lol i have until the end of august to commit to it so ill do some hard thinking until then, Thanks for your support and ill let you know what i decide.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Hey Cheryl, this is great news! You seem uncomfortable with the idea of exposing everything to the media, do you have to show your face in this documentary? Maybe they can block your face out during interviews and not release your name but you can still show everyone how great NBE is. Whatever decision you choose I'm sure it'll be great.

Hi imtrying, thanks for the reply, i think the thing that scares me the most is, at the moment i can walk down the street past a gang of lads or in a pub or what ever and i am seen as a woman unless someone knows me, now if i do a tv show, people will watch it and will know that i use to be a man, i have been assaulted 3 times in the last year or so when people have found out that i was male, and im just scared to be honest, but i want to do this, and get NBE on the map and get more people trying it, its helped me and i just want to give something back, and no the doc will need to see my face i think, i would have a film crew following me around for a month, and a personal cam for like diary stuff. Its such a hard decision for me. Thanks again hun.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Hi Cheryl,

I've read a lot of your posts and you seem like a lovely person who is capable of making some pretty major decisions for herself.

I am all for NBE becoming known as a viable alternative for surgery and you are a great spokesmodel for it, but I can also understand your concerns about being in what could be a negative spotlight. What I would recommend you do is check out what other documentaries the director/producer has done previously and see how they portray the topics and people they feature in them. If you feel at ease with the way they've done things in the past, then it may be worth your while to do it.

All the best and keep us posted!
Heart

Firstly, Cheryl, congratulations on catching the attention of the media. You are a very inspirational individual Smile

I agree with much of what's been said already. It's your decision and only do what you feel comfortable doing. I can totally see where you're coming from with regards to people seeing you as a woman - you look every bit as female as a bio-female, so I can understand why you would have reservations to reveal to the nation that you were a born a male. Perhaps they would let you wear a mask or something? Just a thought. Like the masked magician, hehe. He was cool.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be the right decision for you Smile

My biggest concern would be that because the Documentary is about being transgendered rather than about NBE, much of what you might want to say about it will likely end up on the cutting room floor (ok...the computer recycle bin...) It might not work that way but if they are going to follow you around for a month and have your diaries then there will be a lot of it cut out.

If you are only part of the documentary rather than the focus (though I suspect you might rate anchor for the piece. A lot of people would watch the whole thing based on a few spoilers up front featuring what you have up front. Tongue) then even more will be cut.

I would definitely want to see one or two of the directors other documentaries before I agreed. That would give you a better idea of the directors style. You should also make sure that the footage they take is to be used EXCLUSIVELY by THIS documentary and only this documentary. I've heard of people ending up with their footage being used repeatedly, by a studio because the contract provided them "exclusive right to all footage" or some such and somewhere in the interpretation it meant they could use it for what ever they wanted.

Now all that said. If you want to do it, then do it. Just be careful. OK.

I know I for one would end up scouring the net for the documentary if you were in it. Big Grin

I may look for it regardless.

~Sage

That's so cool, but you are right to be cautious because the media can turn things around. I think maybe just get more details on it, and maybe talk with the people doing it ahead of time about what you want...if you decide to do it. It will be exciting seeing someone from here on tv lol. I'm nerd and I get excited easilyRolleyes Let us know what you decide and when to watch it if you do it.Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon