Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Safe countries: An informative thread about BSE (Mad Cow Disease)

Right... I found this (source Wikipedia, so may not be reliable but I found it interesting):

(For those who are unfamiliar, BSE is mad cow disease and CJD is the human contraction of it, so the first figure is the number of cases in cows in that country, the second number is how many humans have contracted it since).

As stated before, New Zealand and Argentina are BSE free and always have been, but so is CHINA! Well Hong Kong had two reported infected cattle but no outbreaks of the disease in human form. All of the articles I have found about China, whilst mainly reporting the same news, have stated that China was very selective about the beef it let into the country - I think it's safe to say that BSE in China is a rumour unless anyone can find anything different?

If the country your supply comes from is not one of the following, I reckon it's probably fine:

Austria
BSE: 5
CJD: 0

Belgium
BSE: 133[34]

Canada
BSE: 17[35]
CJD: 1[5]

Czech Republic
BSE: 28[36]

Denmark
BSE: 14[37]

Falkland Islands
BSE: 1

Finland

France
BSE: [38]900
CJD: 25[5]

Germany
BSE: 312

Greece
BSE: 1[39]

Hong Kong
BSE: 2

Ireland
BSE: 1,353
CJD: 4[5]

Israel
BSE: 1[40]
CJD: 56

Italy
BSE: 138[41]

Japan
BSE: 26

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg
CJD: 1

Netherlands
BSE: 85[42]
CJD: 3[5]

Oman

Poland
BSE: 21

Portugal
BSE: 875
CJD: 2[5]

Saudi Arabia
BSE: 0

Slovakia
BSE: 15

Slovenia
BSE: 7

Spain
BSE: 412
CJD: 5[5]

Sweden

Switzerland
BSE: 453

Thailand
BSE: [43]
CJD: 2

United Kingdom (the biggie Sad)
BSE: 183,841
CJD: 170[5]

United States
BSE: 3[35]
CJD: 3[5]

Total
BSE: 188,579
CJD: 275

It is also interesting and useful to remember that it takes about 10 years for the disease to manifest itself in symptoms - a very long incubation period - so any scare stories where some girl took some pills and got mad cow disease are very unlikely to be true. She would have had to have taken them 10 years before she got ill, and still be able to pinpoint it to the pills?

Please feel free to contribute. I feel this is an important issue for all of our well-being Smile

[Image: 400px-Global_mad_cow_cases_map.PNG]

Dark green = countries with reported cases of human form CJD
Light green = BSE only.

Thank-u so much for bringing up the subject. I have been very worried about the Bovine Ovaries in the Ultra Breast pills and I would really like to know where they manufacture the pills so I would know if it were in the danger zone..

cendory, this was on another thread, but they are made in the USA from US cattle ovaries.

You're right, roseability. China is extremely selective about their beef. After our bout with BSE, they completely shut off all international beef trade with us, and if I remember correctly they're just now starting to trust our beef again.

However, don't let the fact that UB is made from US cattle scare you! We might've had a couple cases of BSE but the problem has been completely resolved. BSE is the reason that we're no longer allowed to use ruminant protein in other ruminant(cattle) diets. Only protein derived from monogastric species can be fed to cattle, subsequently eradicating an outbreak of BSE. (:

Hmm.. Wonder why they don't buy the ovaries in Argentina or China or New Zealand.... But anyways.. I think I buy the pills.. Many have been taking them without anything happened.. So why should I be different? The only thing I am concerned about now, is if I am going to get a depression again.. I have been down there once, and I definitely don't wont to come back there again... I have been reading that many have had that side effect by the pills..

Something that confuses me is if I should take the pills on an empty stomach or while I am eating..? I remember that with herbs, some I should take on an empty stomach, and some I should take while eating..

They don't import them because we are the #1 beef supplier of the world! Why spend the extra money when you have tons of the ingredient here for much less?

As for taking BO, as far as I know it's with meals. 1 pill 3 times a day, from what I've read.

As for depression, I can't answer that one. I think I've only read of one girl who was kinda depressed after starting... I wouldn't think that it is a common occurrence but if you have a history, it might be something to look in to. Are you on medication for it?

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Hi Run.Rabbit and thank-u for your answer.
Okay, I didn't know the U.S are the #1 beef supplier of the world. Now I am more calm :-)

Okay, but I have just ordered the UB-pills, but I guess it is almost the same as the BO-pills?

No, luckily I don't have a depression anymore. It is a year ago now and yes, I took medication for it back then. Now I don't have a depression anymore. I just hope I won't go back there again. But now I have ordered the pills, so I hope for the best now, and hope to see some good results Smile

Thank you for your help again Smile

I've taken BO with whatever, with food, without it, I really don't think it matters. As for the depression... did you have that without being on NBE or during on a NBE routine? If on NBE what type? Often that side effect is from hormone imbalance and can be corrected.

Hi Anastasia.
No, it is the first time I am trying the Ultra breast pills. Thats why I have so many questions about them Wink
I just read some women complaining about depression as a side effect.
But you write that depression is from hormone imbalance and can be corrected. If I am going to get a depression again, what should I do to get my hormones in balance again?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon