Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Black spots on legs from shaving

Know how to get rid of them?
Tried exfoliating but it doesn't work.

Are you talking about from ingrown hairs? Or do you mean after you shave you can still see where the hair shaft is?

I have very dark hair and it's very thick. I use to hate that even though I had just shaved, you could still see the black specks of where my hair shafts were. It felt smooth, but looked like I had stubble. When I began waxing, the hair turned much thinner and lighter and you can no longer see it after shaving. Though now that I wax, It did increase ingrown hairs in a couple of spots, but I've found that as long as I still run a razor over them every couple of days to clean up any stray hairs coming back in, it also takes care of the ingrown hair problem as well.

Mel

I'm not sure what it's from (ingrown or shaft) but the way you describe yours is very similar to what I'm feeling so I guess it's from the shaft as well. I will try waxing then. Thanks. You just purchase waxing kits from store?

Through googling it said to exfoliate. Tried that for a couple of months and it didn't do anything. Then resumed googling and someone mentioned diprosone and how it fades the black spots from shaving in 2 days. Been using it for about 2-3 weeks and see no difference but I'm going to finish the tube and see if I notice a difference in a couple of months.

But I will def look into waxing kits and hope these dots fade, disasppear, watever.

The first time you wax if you've never done it before, I always suggest someone goes and pays the extra money to have it done, for two reasons. One you get to learn what it is exactly you should be doing and two, the first time can be painful for some women since those hairs have been there all their lives.

Once you've waxed once it's easier and less painful from then on. Then you'll be ready to try it out yourself with a store kit. I always liked the sugar based ones instead of real wax, because it cleans up way easier. warm water and soap. You really don't even have to do it very often if you are only after making the hair thinner and lighter. I use to do it about every 4 to 5 months and then just shave the rest of the time.

After 8 years of waxing, I moved on to an epilator, which I absolutely love. It looks like a razor, but pulls the hairs out like waxing. I paid about 50 for a really nice one on amazon.

Mel

well if your problems is for ingrown hair, you could use a healing cream, with vitamin A&D, i use this for my bikinni area after i shave, and it avoids ingrown hair and irratation.

Hi everyone, have a look at a range called skin doctors, they do fantastic products for all types of skin problems, from ingrowing hair to veins, and it all really works. And i think what Mel says about getting waxed in a salon first is a good idea, and then maybe buy a roll on wax kit, its easy and alot less mess, or try hot film wax, once it hardens you just rip it off lol no mess and no having to use strips. Good luck hun.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

What kind of healing cream do you use nessa?

Thanks guys I will def check into getting a professional wax before tryin it myself.

So wax every 4-5 months then shave in btwn and use healing cream. Got it.

Does the epilator produce the same results justforfun (lessening and lightening hair?)

Epilators do the same thing as waxing- pulling hair out from their roots. Epilating is more cost effective but ingrown hairs which is what your problem seems to be may become worse. Some people have absolutely no problem with it and get none, but for other people most of the hairs grow back ingrown. Every person is different and I'm sure if you took the appropriate measures to prevent ingrowns such as regularly exfoliating and applying solutions such as Tend Skin epilating may be right for you. It all depends on what is best suited for you.

Thanks imtrying I just googled tend care and it seems people really like it. I'm going to look for it in the store.

Hello, I´ve been waxing my legs and bikini line since I was a teenager (it´s really cheap to have it done in salons here in South America) and you shouldn´t do it more than once a month (more or less) to avoid the hairs getting too thin because that´s was causes them to become ingrown. You don´t want them to get too thin because then they won´t be able to stick out of your skin and they´ll just curl up under it.
So if you´re using an epilator, don´t do it every week because it works the same way. (Once you have your legs waxed you´ll be tempted to have them like that all the time.)

Another thing is, both with waxing and shaving, to use some sort of desinfectant afterwards - I just rub on plain alcohol with some cotton - to avoid something called foliculitis (at least that´s the word in spanish, should be similar in english) which is when the space around some of the hairs get infected. You get some ugly yellowish pimples but the problem is they won´t go away unless you take medication for them.
hope that helps and good luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon