Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] Fat thighs

Fat thighs
February 22 2006 at 7:35 PM Debbie  (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not much overwight at all but my thighs are too fat.

Is there anything that will target reducing fat on the thighs?

Author Reply
CK
(no login) Re: Fat thighs April 10 2006, 9:13 PM 

If you have too much fat you must be overweight, regardless of whether the fat is distributed all over or just congregates in one place.

Edit Message  Delete Message   

Cathy
(Login Cathy6329) Re: Fat thighs February 12 2007, 2:33 AM 

Spot reduction, doesnt exist. You must go on a diet and exercise plan, if you wish thinner thighs. Pilates works great for all areas of your body, is simple, and with the treadmill an hour a day, and dieting, you'll have thinner thighs in no time!

For that 3 lbs a week, eat 3 times a day. Cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and salad, or small portions of home dinner, will help you on your way to getting slim.

Anonymous
(Login Cathy6329) Re: Fat thighs February 13 2007, 1:29 AM 

Eat fruit when ever you get hungry, and try Vitamuffins, available at Whole foods Market. Delicous, guilt free muffins with little to no fat in deep chocolete, and other fruity assorted flavors. Its amazing youve got to try, all dieters!!!!! So indulgent, and recieved awards! FIlling!! go to http://www.vitalicious.com

!!!!!!!!!!!

(dont starve your self, eat up to 3 snacks a day, and never eat if your not hungry)

Miriam
(no login) Re: Fat thighs February 13 2007, 8:07 PM 

Cathy is right, spot reduction is a myth. Fat is lost throughout the body in a pattern you can't direct, depending on genetics, hormones and age. Overall body fat must be reduced to lose fat in any particular area, it's the only way. Although fat is lost or gained throughout the whole body, it seems the last area to become lean or the first area to get fat is the midsection (in men and some women) and hips and thighs (in women and few men). Any suggested exercises for spot reduction, such as sit-ups, crunches, leg-hip raises, leg raises, hip adduction, hip abduction, etc. will only exercise the muscles under the fat, and that's all.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fat thighs February 14 2007, 2:27 AM 

There is a thread in here somewhere regarding body wraps. The wraps they have nowadays are better than those that used to just result in water loss. The herbal and sea mud wraps are supposed to release fat from cells (??) and they get really good reviews. You can also just wrap certain areas.

HS29
(Login HS29) Re: Fat thighs February 15 2007, 4:17 AM 

While I agree completely that you cannot spot reduce, it is possible to have stubborn areas of fat that will not go away, regardless of your exercise and diet routines.

I have taken to a more serious note about getting in shape since July of last year. I bought a resistance machine. I started eating better. At Thanksgiving I started running. It was slow, but now I run 5-6 days a week.

I considered myself to be "skinny-fat" and wanted to become more muscular. I do have fat still on my stomach and sides, and I have this super stubborn fat on the outside of my thighs. It's almost like a little shelf that wouldn't go away- no matter what I do.

I caved in finally and bought a bottle of yohimburn. I gotta tell ya, that stuff is working. The "shelf" is starting to go away. I've only been using it for about 3 weeks and not consistently. Not cheap- but so far I'm glad I spent that money.

I saw on their testimonials that some lady said her cellulite went away. I'm still waiting to see that happen though.

I like the fact that it's a topical fat burner, so it shouldn't counteract my breast enhancement efforts.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fat thighs February 15 2007, 11:31 PM 

Hi HS29, I knew I had just heard that name, never heard of it before, but Michelle just mentioned that stuff and I looked it up. I think I will order some in a couple of weeks if it really works. She said when she started exercising it worked better I think. Good luck with that.

HS29
(Login HS29) Yohimburn February 16 2007, 1:48 PM 

They say to put it on after a shower(who exercises after showering??)b/c I think your pores are opened and absorb the product better. (Also exfoliating is important) I tend to shower at nite, so I put it on after my shower then. No exercise. But I also put it on in the morning (sometimes) and I get a washcloth under hot water and warm up the areas I put the stuff on before I go run or workout. I think it definitely works better if you are going to exercise, but it still does something if you do nothing. (at least for me, anyways)

P.S. I bought the ES version. You have to wait 30-40 minutes before exercising w/ that one.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon