Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] beating cellulite

beating cellulite
June 10 2006 at 8:25 AM Anonymous  (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone found sth that can beat cellulite?I know that water and skin brushing help...Has anyone tried garnier bodytonic roller?

Author Reply
Claire
(no login) Re: beating cellulite July 13 2006, 11:28 AM 

There'a lot of cellulite treatments around these days, but whether any of them work I have no clue. There's a lot of clinic treatments, like ionthermie, which involves being covered with algae and being given electric shocks. It works!

Does anyone know of any good slimming creams?
December 26 2006 at 10:59 PM Anonymous (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really frustrating when you are a slender person with no boobs and chubby arms. I am going to work out of course, but I wonder if maybe using a cream twice a day might improve results as well.

I was looking at slimsurgeon cream, I found it on www.luckyvitamin.com Has anyone tried this?

Author Reply
Peaches
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? December 27 2006, 6:21 PM

As I understand it, that's an anti-cellulite cream. Are you saying that cellulite is your problem?

Edit Message Delete Message

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? December 27 2006, 8:57 PM

I am not sure if what I have is considered cellulite or not, all I know is that I have extra fat underneath my upper arms. I was hoping there was some kind of cream that goes in through the skin and burns fat.

Sissy
(no login) Target Fat Loss December 28 2006, 3:34 AM

Try wraps, like herbal or clay wraps. I just bought a book with different wrap recipies in it, it's called Wrap Yourself Slim. They say it doesn't work, but my favorite magaizine, Woman's World did a test on these same wraps on an employee, and it worked, she lost like 14lbs and fat that didn't come back. One of these days I might get around to doing it myself, I'll post the outcome.

--Sissy

Dolly
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? December 28 2006, 9:25 AM

I wonder what kind of fat she lost? Was it the cellulite kind of fat? I can believe it would work for that.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? December 30 2006, 3:51 AM

I decided to get the book because it sounded very interesting Smile I hope it works Smile What I'm confused about though is where does the lost fat go? Does it soak into the wrap or does the body get rid of it???

Eloise
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? December 31 2006, 9:48 AM

I believe it breaks the fat down and the body can then remove it, as once it is broken down it enables the body to move the smaller particles around. I must admit I've never understood what the body does with it exactly or where it moves it too, but it must move it somewhere.

Lana
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? January 2 2007, 9:24 AM

There are some creams that do this kind of thing but I don't know their names unfortunately. I'm not talking about anti-cellulite creams, that's a different thing entirely. I'm talking about creams that work the same way that the wraps work, ie. work on the same principle (but possibly the wraps are more effective).

September9
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? January 11 2007, 4:29 AM

I bought that book and I tried the wrap that gets rid of fat the most. I decided to try my arms first. Well...after an hour, I unwrapped the cloths and was kind of freaked out. Me and my sister were like OMG! My arms are skinnier! I don't know if this will last though...hopefully it does. I can't wait to wrap my stomach...but I can't yet since the directions say to only do one part at a time and every three days. Hopefully this isn't an illusion or something that will only last a few days or so...

Buckle
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? January 11 2007, 11:07 AM

Do the wraps get rid of fat really? Or do they get rid of fluid in the tissues (fluid retention)? I can understand how it works if it disperses fluid from the area. That I can see how it works, but I don't see what it can do with fat. Where does the fat go to? What does the body do with it? It seems to me it disperses fluid around (prevents bloating) and in that way it makes you thinner. But does the fluid eventually come back?

September9
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? January 11 2007, 8:06 PM

It says in the book that the wrap shrinks the fat cells and thats about it...I tried emailing the lady who wrote the book to ask what happens to the fat but she didn't answer...

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Hey September January 12 2007, 3:22 AM

That's great that you tried it and it worked! I was really convinced after the article I read. The lady who did it wrapped herself from her head to toe. Now you have me thinking I need to do this this weekend, where did you find your ingredients? I figured I would have to order the clay online. Where i live we don't have alot of natural stores.

September9
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? January 12 2007, 9:25 PM

I got most of the ingredients online at www.luckyvitamin.com, some ingredients I got at a health store not too far away from me. The store has a lot of the stuff you need for wraps, even the clay surprisingly. When I don't know where to find someting I type it in www.froogle.com and it finds it.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER To September January 17 2007, 3:28 AM

I was wondering how you are doing after the wraps? Is it lasting? I need to get motivated and order the ingredients, thanks for the tip on froogle, I never used that before. -- Sissy

September9
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? January 19 2007, 6:54 AM

I think the wraps did something, my arms look better than they did before. I only did the wraps twice which probably isn't enough to see dramatic results. The book says it usually takes 6-12 wraps I think. Hopefully after wrapping more times there will be a bigger difference.

Veronica
(no login) Re: Does anyone know of any good slimming creams? January 20 2007, 8:31 AM

I have used wraps with some success, but I had to go through about 10 or 12 sessions before it really worked.

colonix and body wrap
February 10 2007 at 8:06 PM paytience (Login itsPaytience)

hey guys...i just started the colonix program by dr natura..i heard this is step one to weight loss or fat loss...the program is a month long but best if used 2-3 months its suppose to diminish love handles and toxin is the reason that cause our stomach to protrude so using colonix will take out the toxins and make the stomach pop out less..hopefully..I am also going to use the body wrap which I purchased on ebay by slenderresults...hopefully this works..if anyone has used the colonix or body wrap please let me know your results as I will keep mine updated..thanks!!!good luck to all!

Author Reply
Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Good Luck Paytience! February 10 2007, 10:47 PM

I have no experience with either, but wanted to wish you well and let you know that I am hoping that you come back and post some positive results for yourself, and also to get me motivated. I just wrote a check for he club I joined this winter and never go to, so I definately need motivation from you! Smile

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: colonix and body wrap February 11 2007, 2:12 AM

Good luck paytience, let us know how the colonix and body wrap goes. Anything that helps!

Honeydew
(no login) Re: colonix and body wrap March 31 2008, 10:01 PM

Hi there,
I have used Colonix and it is WONDERFUL. My stomach did get flatter, since it gets any excess waste out of you so you don't "pooch". I did the program for 3 months and lost 7 lbs. I wasn't concerned about weight loss... I just wanted to be regular again. During those three months I didn't suffer any migraines (I have them all the time), my skin cleared up, I slept better... it was awesome. I 100% recommend this system to anyone that is thinking of using it. The tea is very good as well. I would just put a little bit of lemon juice after brewing it, and it's delicious. I looked forward to having it before bed each night.
Good luck with it!

Tianna_86
(Login Tianna_86) Re: colonix and body wrap April 3 2008, 3:16 AM

I looked up Colonix as im pretty interested in getting it, but I have to ask, for anyone whos used it....im sorry if this is an awkward question but um, when you went "#2" lol did you get those crazy looking "poos" ive seen people saying they get?
Ive seen some very crazy pictures and if that really comes out of you, I really want to get this!!

Honeydew
(Login honeydew71)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: colonix and body wrap April 7 2008, 3:52 PM

After about a month of using it, I did get the funky looking stuff that showed on the website. Now, it wasn't as extreme as that, but I did get some. (I won't describe it... hahaha) I did the cleanse for 3 months and I'm so glad I did!

Tianna
(Login Tianna_86) Re: colonix and body wrap April 7 2008, 7:27 PM

wow, im definitely going try it now! If thats in me, i want it out!!!
How do you feel now?

Sandra
(no login) Re: colonix and body wrap April 15 2008, 9:50 AM

A friend of mine tried this colonix and passed out a couple of worms. It sounds too horrible and it's made me too chicken to try it. If I did summon up the courage how long do you need to do it for?

The body wrap is probably more interesting to me if it can get rid of cellulite.

To Sissy!
January 10 2007 at 6:33 AM
michelle choi (Login chelle_choi)

Hey Sissy,
Just was reading through things on here and saw your posting about body wraps...just wanted to let you know that they did work for me personally. I used them after I had my son almost 3 1/2 yrs ago when I was trying to lose the baby weight. I only used the body wrap twice and lost a good amount of inches from all over. My hips went from 37in to 35, my waist from 27 to 25in, my arms from 12in to 10in. In case you or anyone else is interested I got a cheap at home kit from: www.contourbodywraps.com and just scroll down until you see 'body wrap kits' on the left menu and click 'professional body wrap kits' from there scroll till you see the one for $29.95. I only did it twice and I still had a heap load of clay left, plus it comes with full intructions and a chart to do measurements beforehand, along with the bandages. Also, on botanicalbeautylab.com Fawn has some great pointers and tips on there for body wrapping.

Talk to ya later! ...oh and very interesting about the cabbage soup..I'll have to remember that if I ever want to lose some weight fast in the future. Smile

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply
Buckle
(no login) Re: To Sissy! January 11 2007, 11:08 AM

Do the wraps get rid of fat really? Or do they get rid of fluid in the tissues (fluid retention)? I can understand how it works if it disperses fluid from the area. That I can see how it works, but I don't see what it can do with fat. Where does the fat go to? What does the body do with it? It seems to me it disperses fluid around (prevents bloating) and in that way it makes you thinner. But does the fluid eventually come back?

Judith
(no login) Re: To Sissy! January 11 2007, 11:42 PM

Sorry, but I don't think the body wraps work by solving the problem of fluid retention.

My opinion is that body wraps are worth a go if you're trying to beat cellulite.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: To Sissy! January 12 2007, 3:15 AM

The wrap instructions I bought were from http://www.wrapyourselfslim.com. The reason I bought it was because I read a magazine where the editor did this same wrap and lost 14 inches and like 10 lbs, and didn't gain it back. I was so mad, I had saved that magazine forever then lost it. It's supposed to be fat you are losing, but I know that the thoughts on these from the general public is that it is all water. I haven't tried it yet, but have invested like $20-30 on the e-book instructions, and about $35 on the ace bandages, so I need to try it.

Michelle, those are good results you had. I may have been better to buy the one you did because now I still have to buy the clay and seaweed, and other junk to make the potion.

If I do try it, I'll post the results.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER To Michelle January 12 2007, 3:26 AM

Do you think it was just water loss, or fat inches that you lost? That question was asked on another post, and you are the only one here with experience. What are your thoughts?? You seem pretty happy with the results,(I would be too), so it didn't come back? Thanks -- Sissy

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER hey sissy! January 12 2007, 6:43 AM

If I had to guess I think it was more water loss than anything...cause I'm sure if losing fat was that easy we would all be doing it. Smile The inches didn't come back, but now I was losing a little weight still at the time I did...I lost 4more lbs after that to get to my target weight before my son. I wish now I would have measured myself after losing the extra weight to be sure if I lost even more inches all around you know. I do know that body wraps in general are good for detoxifying, firming, tightening and shaping the body so those are all pluses. Smile

In case you or anyone tries it out, here are some extra tips from Fawn's site with body wrapping:

Rules to Keep Inches Off:
1. No eating after 6:30 p.m.
2. Drink eight to ten glasses of water a day to cleanse your body.
3. Limit your salt, sugar, and caffeine intake
4. Avoid carbonated beverages, sweets & starches. Carbonation holds toxins in.
5. Cut down on animal fats. Fiber and complex carbohydrates are excellent substitutes.
6. Do not shower before the wrap or for 6-to 8 hours after. Soaps, lotions and creams clog the pores of the skin and will hinder the effectiveness of the wrap.
7. Dry skin brush every day before your bath to firm, tone and tighten skin.
8. Exercise at least three times a week.

WRAP SNACK
Consuming the following before, during and after the wrap will result in an acceleration of its action.
A combination of green tea and fennel seed tea should be prepared as such – bring two quarts of distilled water to a rolling boil and add 1/4 cup bulk fennel seed. Boil briskly for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. After removing, add 1/4 cup green tea (to taste). Cover and allow to steep for 20 minutes. Strain thoroughly. For wrapping purposes – do not add sugar, honey or aspartame. This will cause a release of the hormone insulin, which controls fat storage. “Splenda” (sucralose), saccharin, or sugar alcohol (malitol/sorbitol) may be used as they do not stimulate an insulin release when consumed. Pour over a large amount of ice and sip while doing your wrap. Take 3-4 of the cayenne capsules before wrapping.

Green Tea - stimulates beta-receptors at fat cells to increase release of lipids into the bloodstream.

Fennel Seed Tea - Mild diuretic that assists with the flushing of excess water from the body as well as suppressing appetite during the wrapping process.

Cayenne Capsules - Increases circulation and blood flow to fatty tissues.

During the next several hours, there are a few things you can do to enhance your wrap -
Results:
Drink the rest of your tea
Take a brisk walk
Refrain from eating for at least 2-3 hours after

For the next several days, refrain from the consumption of salts, sugars or alcohol, and drink at least 8 glasses of distilled water daily. Avoid showering for 24-48 hours after if possible. If not feasible, avoid using soap on skin except where and when necessary, and keep water temperature luke-warm.

Maxine
(no login) Re: To Sissy! January 12 2007, 5:45 PM

I notice the ads you see for bodywraps talk about inch loss but not weight loss. That implies to me that it's water loss you get, because if it was fat loss surely they'd be claiming weight loss not just inch loss?

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: To Sissy! January 12 2007, 7:04 PM

Thanks, that's good info Michelle! I really need to try this- after being bummed about the temperature problem I discovered that I have, I still haven't started my lemonade cleanse, I think I am making excuses because I don't want to do it lol!

Maxine, I really don't know since I haven't done it, but like I said, the reason I decided to buy it was that the editor of the magazine was skeptical and after the wrap said it really worked for her. Michelle seemed to think it was water loss, but it didn't come back and that's a good thing.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon