Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] Slimming waist w/ cosette!

Slimming waist w/ cosette!
December 30 2006 at 5:12 AM Desperate  (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been looking online for a corsette. Not the pretty, frilly ones, but the real-deal corsettes from way back when that supposedly create a smaller waist. I found these different materials they used (i.e. rubber/latex, cloth, etc.) on the net. Has anyone tried this and does it work? Where did you get it?

Author Reply
Eloise
(no login) Re: Slimming waist w/ cosette! December 31 2006, 9:45 AM 

Do you mean like the ones they used in Victorian times? You can still get those in theatrical costumiers! I don't think you can get them in ordinary stores anymore, but they definitely work. However, a note of cauttion, I believe they are said to be dangerous if you wear them for a very long time, because of the pressure it puts on the body.

Edit Message  Delete Message   

Desperate
(no login) Re: Slimming waist w/ cosette! January 2 2007, 7:43 AM 

Thanks so much! You really helped me out a lot. Big Grin

Lana
(no login) Re: Slimming waist w/ cosette! January 2 2007, 9:17 AM 

They are not dangerous in ordinary use. They are only dangerous if you wear them so tight that it crushes the internal organs, which has to be extremely tight (some people used to wear the cosets extremely tight, that is true). So long as you don't go wildly overboard it would not be a problem.

Veronica
(no login) Re: Slimming waist w/ cosette! January 20 2007, 8:25 AM 

You can still buy these corsets/corsettes. There are still companies that make them aand they definitely work I assure you. It's not just a thing of the past, if you look around you can get good corsets today that give you a really good profile by cinching your waist by several inches.

Ida
(no login) Re: Slimming waist w/ cosette! May 7 2007, 11:37 AM 

you're right, i have seen them myself and it seems like it's still a good idea to me. there's nothing wrong with cinching your waist a little and there are good corsettes available that do it well. if you look you can find them, it's not just something of the past believe me.

The solution to man boobs
August 9 2007 at 9:45 AM Aluper (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The solution to man boobs - male compression vest. http://www.lessbounce.com/acatalog/Male_...Vests.html
I can't speak for it's performance but it certainly looks like the answer to a more streamlined figure for men.

Author Reply
Memorex
(no login) Re: The solution to man boobs August 16 2007, 9:50 AM

Are you serious? I'm astonished anyone bothers to make and sell these things these days - I thought they went out in the 1920s. They're restrictive (possibly damagingly so), bulky, heavy, hot, ineffective, unflattering ..... and expensive. Do people really wear this kind of thing? If so why?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon