Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] What is so great about hoodia?

What is so great about hoodia?
February 10 2006 at 7:17 PM Barrie  (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK it's an appetite suppressant and keeps you from being hungry, but that does nothing to stop comfort eating which I think more people would identify as their problem. So I don't see that it's that big a deal.

Author Reply
Anonymous
(no login) Re: What is so great about hoodia? February 25 2006, 8:41 PM 

I agree, it's not so great. After 14 days I don't see much of a difference and only lost two pounds. Has anyone else started this slowly and then gone on to lose weight at a faster rate?

Edit Message  Delete Message   

SG
(no login) Re: What is so great about hoodia? March 8 2006, 9:04 AM 

Well that isn't so bad. If I lose a pound a week on hoodia it will be well worthwhile I assure you. It seems to take away my food cravings so for now I'm optimistic. A pound a week weight loss through taking it would leave me feeling more than happy.

S.H.
(no login) Re: What is so great about hoodia? April 2 2006, 7:59 PM 

Hello,
These supplements are here to help you out! I want to tell you how I have lost my weight and how it is still going, really very easily.
Well, I put on a lot of weight once I started secondary school and it really got me down. I had no other care in my life but lose weight. I tried so many ways to get rid of my excess weight but no matter what I tried I saw no results.
I looked into dietary supplements; finally, I found something new and extremely appealing. It was called Hoodia. It was claimed to be just launching and quite a big supplement in America so I decided to give it a try.
I checked out, done all the research to make sure that it was safe. I didn’t want to harm myself in the slightest and thankfully it was safe and 100% natural.
I was at a party, my confidence grew as my clothing sizes shrunk dramatically and one of my friends took a picture of me. When I finally saw this picture I could not believe my eyes! I had actually lost a hell-of-a-lot of weight and am continuing to do so.
Many kind regards and the best of luck on your journey!

Dan
(no login) Re: What is so great about hoodia? April 5 2006, 8:47 PM 

I agree completely. I was once a user of Hoodia and the results were amazing. I went from being classed as obese (just mind you) and now I’m normal weight for my height. The results weren’t instant as my body had to adapt to Hoodia but about one week later I felt a different person. My weight started to decrase following clothing sizes decrasing. More and more people were noticing the difference and my confidence and energy kept growing. To begin with I didn’t exercise, I was to lazy and tired to. As my weight dropped I started exercising and this rocketed the whole process and my eating patterns changed for the better. That's my story.

Burgomaster
(no login) Re: What is so great about hoodia? June 13 2006, 10:13 AM 

If I took Hoodia and lost 1lb a week I would be ecstatic. I can't understand why people don't see how amazing that is. You would lose 50lbs in a year if you kept that up.

leaving arizona
(Login leavingarizona) Re: What is so great about hoodia? August 10 2006, 8:47 AM 

Wow, you all should do a add for hoodia. You have just about sold me on the product.
Thanks!

Summer
(Login summer_skye) Re: What is so great about hoodia? May 13 2007, 8:14 AM 

Only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks! You have to be joking, that counts as a runaway success!

Impressed with Hoodia
July 13 2006 at 11:32 AM Kay (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 8 weeks of taking Hoodia I'm favourably impressed. I'm nowhere near as hungry as I was before and it's really cut down on food cravings. I have to say it is working and I'm finding the pounds are beginning to drop off.

Author Reply
J J
(no login) Re: Impressed with Hoodia July 23 2006, 1:21 PM

I'm glad it's worked on you. No appetite suppressant would work on me though, I'm immune to their effects.

Placebo effect
February 9 2006 at 10:34 PM Mark (no login)

I know that some people claim a good effect of hoodia, but remember there is such thing as the placebo effect and what happens to people is that their minds trick them into thinking they aren't hungry simply because they believe this product is going to work.

Author Reply
John
(no login) Re: Placebo effect February 25 2006, 8:52 PM

That would not bother me. However, I should in fact be able to discern if the Hoodia is working, or if it's all in my head. I think I would know that. But the point is it doesn't matter to me if it's real or if it's a placebo, the outcome is the same. If I can fool myself into thinking I'm not hungry then I've achieved a successful result.

Edit Message Delete Message

Harriet
(no login) Re: Placebo effect May 13 2006, 10:02 PM

I've been using hoodia for 3 weeks and I'm happy that it works. I get full much faster than before and I don't think that this is placebo.

Why it takes time to work?
February 12 2006 at 10:10 AM Lesley (no login)

Does anyone know why it takes 2 weeks for Hoodia to kick in and start working for some people? I am confused about the way Hoodia works since this is the case. It sounds as though it is something that builds up in your system and stays there for a while, if it actually takes weeks to kick in for some. And yet for other people it seems like something that you just take an hour before meals and is short acting. Very confusing!

Author Reply
Claudia
(no login) Re: Why it takes time to work? February 13 2006, 7:16 PM

I don't know. Maybe it's something to do with how the brain works, of which so much is not yet known. Remember that the effect of Hoodia is on the brain.

How late can you take it?
February 10 2006 at 9:30 AM Ceylan (no login)

My eating problems are of the nocturnal kind and no matter how much I've eaten during the daytime I'm ravenous in the evening. I wonder if I can take Hoodia at that time without it affecting my sleep? Is there anyone else with the evening overeating problem that could help me with this?

Author Reply
Sylvia
(no login) Re: How late can you take it? February 10 2006, 2:46 PM

As far as I know hoodia never affects your sleep. I thought that was one of the advantages of hoodia, that it doesn't affect your sleep, in fact has no side effects at all?

Barbara
(no login) Re: How late can you take it? February 24 2006, 9:51 PM

It doesn't affect your sleep, that's one of the advantages of Hoodia. That's one reason why it's better than any prescription medication appetite suppressant.

Pat
(no login) Re: How late can you take it? February 25 2006, 8:29 PM

I have taken it just before going to bed and it didn't seem to make any difference to me. YOu probably wonder why it would take it so late. I know it sounds silly, but I have to try to get over my need to nibble while reading before sleeping!

Trudy
(no login) Re: How late can you take it? February 26 2006, 12:22 PM

Since I've been taking hoodia I definitely sleep less, but I don't feel tired. Does this make any sense? I wondered if I eat less then before I would sleep less due to not eating heavy carbs with the sleep-inducing effect that can have. YOu know when I ate more heavily it often made me want to go to sleep, like after a big lunch???? But this is my confusion, if you eat less you should have less energy and therefore need more sleep, but I am definitely doing with less sleep, I'm quite sure. At first I thought it was coincidental, but I now know that I am sleeping a significant amount less since I've been on Hoodia.

Ceylan
(no login) Re: How late can you take it? February 26 2006, 10:16 PM

But do you get to sleep OK? And when you wake up are you refreshed even though you sleep less than before?

Martha
(no login) Hoodia May 25 2006, 8:52 PM

I'm in the UK and I buy nbe herbs from Vortex Health, so when I saw they had Hoodia I thought I'd try it. I had a reasonably positive experience. I tried it and it worked good but not great. It's not the miracle that some people seem to think, but it does work okay.

Anatrim weight loss
August 25 2006 at 6:05 PM C.J. (no login)

Does anyone know of anatrim? Suposed to be the latest thing etc etc, am I missing out on anything? I've heard this name being touted around a lot recently.

Author Reply
Natalie
(Login Natalie.) Re: Anatrim weight loss August 27 2006, 9:12 PM

It's hoodia under another name, that is all. Anatrim is just like a brand name and that's all. You don't need to bother with it.

M.J.
(no login) Re: Anatrim weight loss September 16 2006, 9:41 AM

Avoid this anatrim no matter what you do. There's a lot of spam going around touting this anatrim name. It's just a spammer's invention and doesn't really exist as it is just hoodia under another name.

russell
(no login) Re: Anatrim weight loss September 24 2006, 8:32 AM

yeah it's a spammer thing. avoid anatrim whatever you do and don't buy anything from a spammer.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon