Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET?

What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET?
January 6 2007 at 6:22 PM Alison  (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? Can someone tell me if the lemonade diet has been the right diet plan for you? Or to anyone else, have you ever wondered if the Lemonade Diet is a good choice as a weight loss program? Why do you think it might be better than anything else? Any comment welcome.

Author Reply
Murray
(no login) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? January 7 2007, 10:25 AM 

The lemonade diet was developed by Stanley Burroughs, who published a book on it in 1976. Its purpose is to dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion, cleanse the kidneys and digestive system, purify glands, eliminate waste and hardened materials in the joints and muscles, build a healthy bloodstream, and maintain optimal blood pressure. While the lemonade diet was never originally intended for use as a weight loss plan, since caloric intake is severely restricted during this juice fast, weight loss is an inevitable side benefit.

Edit Message  Delete Message   

Donna
(no login) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? January 9 2007, 7:47 AM 

I have tried the lemonade diet in the past but couldn't stick to it because drinking all that lemonade with cayenne pepper in it didn't exactly taste good. Does taking cayenne pepper in pill form instead of putting it in the lemonade have the same effect? And if so how much cayenne do you need to take?

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? January 9 2007, 11:47 PM 

I posted a link to a forum dedicated to this diet in Eve's forum. Some there have done this many times and can answer all your questions. After seeing their results, I am starting on Friday, hoping to be able to stay on it for 10 days. They have little tickers to gauge their weight loss, and it's amazing how fast they are losing and not hungry.

Elizabeth
(no login) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? January 10 2007, 6:22 PM 

I think you're OK to take the cayenne separate if you like. Take 1 capsule 4 times a day. Good luck.

Buckle
(no login) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? January 11 2007, 11:20 AM 

It seems obvious to me that you would lose weight on the lemonade diet because it is practically a starvation diet. If you take it literally it cannot fail, but it's whether you can beat the hunger really.

Brenda
(no login) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? March 17 2007, 10:00 PM 

Well according to Sissy you don't get hungry on the lemonade diet. That's what she said above,

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? March 18 2007, 12:30 AM 

Just to clarify, I never did get around to doing the diet yet, drank some lemonade following the recipe, it's not bad, but I just wasn't in a position to do a cleanse at the time. I do plan to do it later in the spring. The people on the forum said they weren't hungry, I just pointed out what they said. Here is the link again if anyone is interested, on the bottom right is the link to the forum about the diet, it's a pretty busy forum with alot of people on the diet/cleanse.
http://thelemonadediet.com/?pageid=34691

Pam
(no login) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? August 19 2007, 12:55 PM 

Well if you stick to that diet you can't fail to lose weight, but it can't be healthy to do it for very long. I see it very much as it was meant to be, as a cleansing method rather than a weight loss method.

Alice
(no login) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? May 12 2008, 8:12 PM 

Is this lemon diet the same plan that Heidi Klum and Jennifer Aniston have been doing?

Black Sheep
(Login Wasibiri) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? January 8 2009, 7:56 PM 

I did the lemonade diet in the summer of last year but only lasted 7 days becuase I was travelling and couldnt make the lemonades while on vacation. The diet is really intense and tough, the hardest part is giving up eaiting. You'll appreciate the smell of food and the feel of it in your mouth when its finally done hehehe. I lost 10 pounds and in the third day all my housemates noticed a difference already and freaked out,they all wanted me to stop doing it cause they believed it was not natural and healthy. I did get hungry and i thought about food 24/7 for the first few days,but once you get used to the taste of the lemonade and accept that you wont be eating for a couple of days, it gets easier.I actually found it comforting to see my housemates eat and smell the food while I was sitting with them on the table drinking my bottle of lemonade. The first few days were horrible, lots of headaches (I guess it wasnt a good a idea to do it in the middle of the Finals! too much stress and no real food!), very tired and with no energy. I didnt gain what I lost because my stomach actually shrank with a week without putting any food in it and I started eating in lesser quantities and healthier too, so I actually lost another 5 pounds(in a few weeks) after I was done with the lemonade diet.
Everybody has a different experience but Im sure that is tough for everyone also. If anyone is planning on doing this diet my recommendation is to have a LOT of PATIENCE and dont give up!

dory
(Login Dory505) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? January 18 2009, 8:19 PM 

is drinking lemonade will make me lose my boobs? o_O

Kat
(Login a2c) Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? February 8 2009, 8:31 AM 

I bought the book, went out and bought alll of the right ingredients, and followed the diet to the T. Guess how long I lasted? 2 and a half days!! I literally felt like I was starving myself! They say once you get over the 3 day hump you're not hungry anymore... but I couldn't handle it one second longer. So if anyone is considering this detox be prepared to be miserable, HUNGRY, and completely out of energy (for the first 3 days at least)

Black Sheep
(Login DancingArianFlame)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: What is all this talk I hear about the LEMONADE DIET? October 2 2009, 1:11 PM 

That's just more like a detox i imagine it would be very unsafe to stay on it for a long time. what if you have a sensitive stomach or kidney stones that would make problems even worse. i read something yesterday people who ate about a tea spoon of chili lost 5 pounds more in one month then the other people that didnt.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon