Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] The Cabbage Soup Diet

The Cabbage Soup Diet
January 9 2007 at 7:34 AM Donna  (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cabbage Soup Diet:

1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
2 large onions, chopped
16-28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
2 green peppers
4 stalks celery
black pepper
any fresh herb(s) of your choice, chopped
6 carrots, sliced
1/2 pound green beans, sliced on diagonal
1-2 packages dry onion soup mix (optional)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)

Put all vegetables in a big pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, stir in the soup mix (if desired), and boil gently for 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until all the vegetables are soft. Stir in the black pepper and chopped herbs (saving some for garnish).
Eat as much of the soup as you like, as often as you like. Drink as much water as you like and non-caloric drinks including coffee, tea, and herbal teas.

Author Reply
Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet January 9 2007, 11:43 PM 

This diet really works, I did it and cheated and still lost 10 lbs in a week, another time 7 lbs in 5 days. The one I did had a schedule, you could add a banana on one day, a potato w/butter on another, then meat and fish, while still eating all the soup you want. An internet search will give you the schedule.

Edit Message  Delete Message   

Buckle
(no login) Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet January 11 2007, 11:18 AM 

Here's what else you can eat, and when:

DAY 1: All fruits except bananas.

DAY 2: All vegetables, raw or cooked. This includes baked potato with a LITTLE butter.

DAY 3: Fruits and vegetables, but no potatoes or bananas.

DAY 4: Bananas and skim milk--eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as many as 8 glasses of skim milk.

DAY 5: Beef, skinless chicken, and/or fish--as much as 20 ounces, total. You can also eat 6 tomatoes. And you must drink 8 glasses of water. Don't forget at least one bowl of soup.

DAY 6: Beef, skinless chicken, or fish and vegetables. Drink 8 glasses of water and eat at least one bowl of soup.

DAY 7: Brown rice, vegetables, and unsweetened fruit juice.

Buckle
(no login) Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet January 11 2007, 11:25 AM 

Sorry I missed something. I meant to say at the start that the cabbage soup diet is really good, if you stick to it you get your reward for sure.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet January 12 2007, 3:36 AM 

Yep, if you stick to it I don't see how you can fail. I had pretty good results, and I ate frozen yogurt and whole grain toast at night, it still worked. I think it just cleans you out like a cleanse does, and gets rid of bloat and and waste. The last time I did it, I had to force the soup down I got so sick of it, but it's sounding pretty good now, considering I'm getting ready to start the lemonade diet.

Dolce Jubilo
(no login) Smoked Turkey and Cabbage Soup February 2 2007, 9:34 AM 

Smoked Turkey and Cabbage Soup

4 cups of chicken stock
2 smoked turkey legs (meat pulled from the bones)
1 head of green cabbage sliced
1 potato cubed
1 large onion chopped
1 can of white beans
2 cloves of garlic
1 sprig thyme
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons of veg or canola oil
Salt/Pepper to taste

In stockpot, over med high heat, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute onions, garlic, and cabbage for 3-4 mins or until onions are translucent. Add chicken stock, turkey and remaining ingredients. Simmer soup for 1 hour.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet February 7 2007, 6:37 PM 

Is this supposed to be a variation on the cabbage soup??? I think anyone trying the cabbage soup diet should stick to the original! By the way, I know someone who was on the cabbage soup diet a couple of years ago and I have to say that for her it did work. So you can take that as a vote of confidence in it.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet March 13 2007, 10:24 PM 

My parents just started this diet on the recommendation of a friend. She has lost about 10 lbs so far after two weeks on the diet, she has a hard time losing weigt, so she was super excited over that. I don't know my parents goal other then to drop a couple pounds or so, but the soup is good. I tried some just to see. Don't know if I could eat it as recommended, but it was quite tasty.

I'll let you know how they make out on it.

lis
(no login) Cabbage July 23 2007, 8:04 AM 

HI ! I AM NEW IN THIS FORUM !! Can i know which type of cabbage to use as there is so many in the market.
Thanks!

Natasha
(no login) Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet July 26 2007, 6:29 PM 

I think all cabbage works for the cabbage soup diet. It doesn't have to be any particular kind of cabbage.

Veggie
(no login) Re: The Cabbage Soup Diet July 28 2007, 2:36 PM 

it is the large whitish-green cabbage head type that is meant for this recipe.

eileen
(Login eileen123) comment January 6 2010, 4:52 AM 

Pretty nice recipe has been mentioned..!!!!!

Eileen
------------------------

The Lemonade Diet

The Lemonade Diet

alex
(Login alex000111) The Lemonade Diet January 7 2010, 6:08 PM 

Firstly, the Lemonade Diet, also known as the Master Cleanse Diet, allows the practitioner to consume a lemonade concoction, for the entire period of the diet. Quintessentially, the practitioner is required to drink at least 60 oz of the lemonade concoction, a day; water is permitted as well. However, dinking and eating other than the requirement is not allowed.
================================================
alex
The Lemonade Diet

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon