Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Unsuccessful?

Janie, i took it for 6 months. I did the pills and also they're cream, but i found that it smelled pretty bad, so i wasn't strick with it. Yeah, i got kinda discouraged after a couple months and kinda slacked off on the protein shakes. Felt like nothing was happening and they tasted aweful! I've learned from this forum though that you HAVE to be consistant with it and keep your temp up! Have you taken your temp at least every couple days to see where it's at? Mine has always been very low, and i have a hard time getting it up even when taking supplements for it. I'm currently taking PM and using the Noogleberry pump. However, if i don't see results with PM in 3 months or so, i'm considering giving BO another go around if i can get my temp up. This time though i'll go with Ultra Breast if i do!! MUCH cheaper!

Good luck with your BO! Are you taking protein in shake form? If that's bothering you you could try adding more protein rich food into your diet. And remember, you have to have a good temp too for it to work!! So start monitoring itBig Grin I hope you start getting some results soon!!!!

Hi ladies, with help on the protein, I eat a high protein diet consisting of high protein foods, I eat alot of tuna, meats in general, peanut butter, eggs in the morning, and I often snack on nuts, sunflower seeds, etc. 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds is 9g of protein! So for me it's a good way to snack and not go for a sweet or junk food. I also have an oral fixation, if I'm not chewing sunflower seeds I'm chewing gum, if that's not going on I will end up overeating throughout the day. Well anyway, I only drink protein shakes or eat bars when I know I didn't get in enough protein throughout the day. I use NOW brand non-flavored protein isolate. You can mix this in soups, any food really and not taste it. You can make smoothies and put it in there and it won't alter the flavor, or sometimes I mix it in chocolate or strawberry milk. Also good bars for protein, I get the special K brand meal bars or the slim fast bars, they are good in protein, and also those boost shakes in the bottles, those are convenient and some are high in protein. There are ways around the nasty protein shakes lol, trust me I use to get the strawberry or chocolate flavored protein mixes and it got to the point it was a chore to drink them, that's when I changed it up and it's still working fine for me. As far as temp goes, I added in kelp and mine has been staying between 98.2 and 98.8, have you tried using kelp? I got mine from swanson vitamins. I also take flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil, not sure if it helps with temp but seems to be helping my NBE program. I take collagen tablets, started those for hair and skin, but I've heard they help NBE also. And other than that I take 2 supplements for my hair and a daily multivitamin.

I use the Now brand unflavoured too and found it is way better than other brands,It doesn't taste so chalky.I mix 2 scoops with milk and 2 bananas in the shaker and it tastes fine Smile .I once made pancake with it too!

Anastasia, it's humorous you mention an "oral fixation." In my intro to psych class we learned that being orally-fixated stems from ages 1-2, with either a lack of weaning or too much. Of course this is all according to Freud. Haha.

Anyways, I'm going to order some of the NOW protein, since I ran out of my usual brand. I think unflavored sounds most appealing, I didn't realize it was out there, as silly as that sounds in hindsight.

Hi girls! Thanks for all the replies you all rock! Smile

I check my temperature from time to time and it looks like I fluctuate.. the first time I took it I was right at 98.6 and the second time I was at 97.7! I'll try to monitor it more often now. I get easily discouraged with NBE because I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING.. but I have another 6 months of pills to go so I'll have to just suck it up and hope for the best.

Oh and by the way, for those of you who haven't been able to commit yourselves to protein shakes, I just found some protein bars that are actually YUMMY and they have 30g per bar. I found out about them on this link if anyone's interested! http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/protei...in-bar.htm

Good luck everyone!Wink

Yea Noella, I got tired of the nasty taste of the flavored ones and thought there had to be better options, so I started doing research online and found some people talking about putting nonflavored protein isolate in their food, so I looked for it on Amazon and found the Now brand to be the most affordable, the best reviews, etc. So I ordered some and love it, I'm on my 2nd big container now. I still have some chocolate flavored left, and it's collecting dust lol, I think I might start drinking it again just to get rid of it, but man I hate the taste of it.

Janie, have you ever tried the Special K or Slimfast meal bars? Do these bars taste better or similar? I know the Special K and Slimfast ones taste like candy bars to me. I actually like eating them. But 30g per bar is alot more, I think the ones I get have 14g. But I also read somewhere that the body can only absorb 25g of protein per so many hours or something like that, so eating an entire 30g protein bar the 5g would be wasted.

Special K also makes a high protein cereal which is 10g of protein per serving....tastes pretty good too.

we should also watch our sugar consumption per day which affects be results.So maybe check how much sugar the bars and cereal have.

anastasia- i havent tried the slimfast or special k bars but the u turn bars taste like candy too if you're interested! i hadn't heard that there was a limit to how much protein your body can absorb at one time but that's definitely something to look into.. it's interesting you put the protein powder in regular food?? i'm going to have to try that considering the shakes are too difficult for me to drink.. yuck Dodgy

Try buying the now whey protein isolate brand.The unflavoured one is ok and can be put in food,oatmeal,cake,pancake, etc

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon