Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

List of countries - Bovine ovaries allowed or not!

Quote: I'm in Cuba. Well technically I'm on US soil cause I'm on a US military base
this has nothing to do with the subject, but what are you doing living on a military base, is your hubby an army guy or something??Blush

He's in the Navy lol thought that was common knowledge as I often mention it in posts Wink

Thanks Anastasia,
I am going to order UB in the coming days 6 bottles to save on shipping costs and all the additional taxes i have to pay here:s I emailed them asking how long it would take to ship to my country and i'm waiting for a reply..I hope UB works for me..I still don't know how it is progesterone based though.BB said they add some to their mixture but what's the fact with UB?

I'm not sure hun, I know that UB only has BO, WY, and Ipriflavone in it, I believe BB has other ingredients besides BO, like kelp and some other stuff. So the combined ingredients of the two are different, but if you want to add kelp and such, you could just buy those separate from like swanson vitamins, I just ordered some to see if it will help me. And even with taking UB and adding the supplements that BB has in theirs, you would still be paying alot less. I have no clue about all the hormones and all that lol I'm not that technical. I'm sure many of the others could answer about that. Hope this helps and hope you get an answer from UB, if you don't I can give you the email I use to email them and I get an answer within days everytime. Good luck and hope it works out for you!

I am not sure what BB meant by they added a bit of progesterone hormone into the pills. Can you do that and not list out in the ingredients? Where does the progesterone source come from synthetic or natural? From my research and reading the progesterone very much come from the BO it self.

Progesterone is produced in the ovaries (to be specific, after ovulation in the corpus luteum), the adrenal glands (near the kidney), and, during pregnancy, in the placenta. Progesterone is also stored in adipose (fat) tissue.

BB pills contains only 3 ingredients which they called it a blend. The blend contain kelp, pituitary and ovary which the exact measurement of each ingredients are not listed out.

When i asked them why they say their pills are progesterone based when its main ingredient is BO they said that There is a small amount of natural progesterone in the pills, that is not really why they work though. The pills are glandular and homeopathic and have DNA RNA nucleoproteins in them that rejuvenate your own endocrine system.
So i thought maybe they added the progesterone to the blend..Hmm i don't know

Anastasia,
I am contacting UB via this email medplex@verizon.net i have sent them few months ago and they replied quickly.Don't know why it's taking so long this time :S i also want to ask them based on what do they say that their pills is progesteron bases when the main ingredient is BO?This statment confuses me!

The progesterone in BO comes directly from the glands. It is produced there and although some manufacturers claim that the glands are hormone-free there is just no way of extracting them or clearing them from the tissue.

You can't even remove adenomas from the tyroid or adrenal glands. The whole gland needs to be removed if this occurs. Then how would you be able to remove all the hormones. Claiming this is an outright lie.
Hormones and other substances that the glands naturally contain are the whole point of them working.

Quote: Glandular contain many substances including hormones. The major problem that arises in not knowing how much of these hormones or other substances are available in these extracts since they could vary from batch to batch and animal to animal. Also, since there are so many substances within these glandular, it is difficult to know which of the substances is having a therapeutic influence and how they interact with the myriad other substances in the body.

source:
http://www.drlam.com/articles/Adrenal_Fa...herapy.asp

Quote:Due the the lack of standardization, there are many products on the marketplace available to the consumer. Not all are created equal. [...] Isocort is a popular over-the-counter freeze dried adrenal cortex glandular supplement containing herbs and medium chain triglycerides that may have cortisol like properties. It’s advertised as providing a standardized, stable, and “gentle” dose of the adreno-cortical substance equivalent to 2.5 mg of cortisol per tablet. [...]No actual cortisol is in the ingredient’s list. (emphasis added)

This is an example of an adrenal glands product but the same goes for any glandular supplement.

The customer service should have told you that the progesterone comes from the BO itself like crystalelle has pointed out. But I guess they are too afraid that people won't buy their product if they tell them that they are ingesting animal hormones.

Quote:Because they have so many substances in them it is difficult to determine and measure what kind of effect they may have in the long run when ingested as a supplement. Nevertheless, there is little doubt that glandular do possess healing properties if used properly based on antidotal evidence for over 80 years.

Nevertheless should should bear in mind that they are still animal hormones and most of them are not identical with our own hormones (or enzymes). The same goes for herbs. So BO is neither superior nor inferior to herbal supplements. They just contain more substances and in different amounts while herbs usually only contain estrogen-like substances.

But they might (both) have an advantage over synthetic hormones (such as in bcp) since they are far more potent and lacking many of the beneficial effects of the original hormones.

Another link on glandulars supplements. It's for animals actually but I don't think those supplements are any different.

http://goods.us.marketgid.com/goods/2221/134523/

Hope this helps a bit.

Okay Sandy, that's the email I use also, there has been one time that they didn't answer after a week, and I just resent then email then they answered the next day, so maybe your email didn't go through and maybe you should resend it.

Thanks SuriSmile
Anastasia good point i will wait one more day and resend the email.I don't want them to think i am being pushy Blush i just received my NB XL and wow they are huge..It would take me a long time to fill those Up Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon