Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Eve's Program

Hi Eve,

I was wondering if the soy powder you used was just soy milk powder?

For the massage oil, did you just use borage oil? I'm only finding borage oil capsules...do you think it's ok to use oil olive and add in some borage oil capsules and grind/mix?

Thanks for your patience.

(06-03-2012, 03:02 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  I phoned them but they said 2 mg. per tsp.

Maybe they meant 2 grams and not 2 milligrams? Are the herbs dried and powdered and not just dried?

(08-03-2012, 10:07 AM)hope Wrote:  I was wondering if the soy powder you used was just soy milk powder?

No, it was whole soy powder.

(08-03-2012, 10:07 AM)hope Wrote:  For the massage oil, did you just use borage oil? I'm only finding borage oil capsules...do you think it's ok to use oil olive and add in some borage oil capsules and grind/mix?

I don't see any reason why not.

Hi Eve:
can i use hops extract 10:1 and what would be the amount equal to 1800 mg of hops flower?

Hope,
I get my borage oil from Ebay. It comes in 16 oz. bottles.
Eve M,
The FG is in powder form not seeds. The customer rep @ Starwest knew nothing about dosage so I guess when she told me 2 mg. she didn't know what she was talking about.
How about the Hops powder you recommended? Do you know how many mg in a tsp for that?
I used the borage oil, hops powder, oats powder & soy powder to make up the booby batter you recommended but I'd like to take those powders internally as well. That's why I'm asking how much to take (orally).
Thanks for your help.

(08-03-2012, 12:51 PM)Eve M Wrote:  
(08-03-2012, 10:07 AM)hope Wrote:  I was wondering if the soy powder you used was just soy milk powder?

No, it was whole soy powder.

Sorry I'm still a little confused on what kind of soy you used.

I've been trying to find the soy powder and most places I call either have soy protein, soy lecithin or soy milk powder. Is it the soy protein powder then? If I recall correctly, I think you mentioned that it wasn't the soy protein? Maybe I'm wrong.
I believe that the soy protein powder contains phytoestrogens which is what we want right?

(08-03-2012, 06:38 PM)sfita Wrote:  Hi Eve:
can i use hops extract 10:1 and what would be the amount equal to 1800 mg of hops flower?

If it's a 10:1 extract the equivalent amount would be 180mg (on the basis that 1800mg/10 = 180mg).

(08-03-2012, 07:40 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  The FG is in powder form not seeds. The customer rep @ Starwest knew nothing about dosage so I guess when she told me 2 mg. she didn't know what she was talking about.

She probably meant 2g not 2mg. If so, it's a plausible answer, although some people say as high as 3g.

(08-03-2012, 07:40 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  How about the Hops powder you recommended? Do you know how many mg in a tsp for that?

Hops isn't very dense so it would be less than the fenugreek. Maybe as low as 300mg. I should probably ask if we're talking about flat teaspoons because a teaspoon needs to be flat to be an effective measure?

(09-03-2012, 01:07 AM)hope Wrote:  Sorry I'm still a little confused on what kind of soy you used.

I've been trying to find the soy powder and most places I call either have soy protein, soy lecithin or soy milk powder. Is it the soy protein powder then? If I recall correctly, I think you mentioned that it wasn't the soy protein? Maybe I'm wrong.
I believe that the soy protein powder contains phytoestrogens which is what we want right?

No, I didn't take soy protein, I took whole soy. I'm honestly not sure if soy protein powder contains phytoestogens or not. It may contain phytoestogens, but if so it isn't simply soy protein as the name suggests.

(08-01-2012, 12:38 PM)Eve M Wrote:  
(06-01-2012, 02:54 PM)sfita Wrote:  How much soy do you think sould I have?

Cooks usually reckon that dried and powdered herb is about 3 times the concentration of fresh herb, so that's the ratio that you need to bear in mind. I don't have any information about soy specifically, but I've seen the 3:1 ratio mentioned often enough with herbs in general so that's probably a good enough guide to go by.

So if i grind soy beans I'll need about 333mg a day instead of 1000mg?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon