Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

ACK! I'm beginning to produce milk.

Hey everybody, I've been taking fenugreek for about 3 weeks now and I've not breast fed for about 3 years. But my nipples were feeling sore today and while I was inspecting them, I noticed a little milk. :-/ Is this normal? Or should i be concerned about it increasing? Obviously I don't want to start producing too much.. I'm contemplating laying off massages for a while.. Please, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ladies.
jes

Hi honey, i know this may not help much but i have had major problems with lactation on and off for quite a while now, i have been told its because of my hormones changing as i am male but certain herbs and BO can cause it to happen if they make you produce more hormones which in away is a sign that they are working so hopefully you should notice an increase in your boobs hun, so not all bad news lol but im no expert and hopefully someone who may know more than me can give there opinion, but my lactation got really bad, i could produce about 6oz in a couple of mins its a knightmare for me, but hey ive got boobs so im not complaining lol. Good luck honey.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

I would suggest calling your OB/GYN and asking, typically midwives know about herbs for things like this and can advise you more about this. But fenugreek is also a herb used for breastfeeding mothers to increase milk production when it is drying up too soon or the mother is not producing enough for the baby, I know this because it happened to me and the midwife at my OB/GYN's office recommended fenugreek to me and it helped me to produce more milk then I was but it didn't stop me from drying up too soon, but I was also only 17 when I had my son, so being a teenage mother puts that type of strain on the breasts. So I can see how fenugreek would be doing this, if you don't feel comfortable talking to your doctor about this, then I would wait another month with the FG if the milk production increases, stop, cleanse and try a different herb in place of it and in a different combination. Not every herb and every combination of herbs is for everyone, just remember that. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

did you notice anything before starting NBE? is it possible you could have been producing a bit of milk before starting a program? I haven't breastfed for 1 1/2 years but after a shower expressed a droplet out of my larger breast/bigger producer. I read this book back when breastfeeding "the politics of breastfeeding" (great book btw) and there was a 70 year old woman in it and she had been a wetnurse back in the day and she could still express a few droplets from one of her breasts, in her 70's! So I wouldn't say that it is abnormal for you to be expressing some, but just more of an annoyance really. Not sure what you could do about it, other than stopping massage and lowering fenugreek maybe, but that may slow your growth down.

wow. cool topic. cheryl, i was ignorant to the fact that non biological females can produce so much milk or lactate like biological females. that is so cool. does that mean you could nurse a child? is it the same kind of milk? please pardon my being so silly. i guess i could google it. sigh. i have always wanted to nurse a baby. but i guess i may not ever have children after all. also [whispering Big Grin, i wanted to taste my own milk!] now maybe i will try fenugreek one day so i can. lol. you don't have to tell me if you tried it, but i don't mind knowing girl! by the way, your transformation was awesome and inspiring!

Hey Y'all! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I actually stopped everything. I didn't want to but I couldn't keep up. I've been very busy lately. But I plan on restarting on my next cycle, any day now. I should have no problems keeping up tho. *fingers crossed* I have expressed small amounts of milk regularly, just a few drops also. I'm not gonna stop if I produce more milk, only if I can't do it everyday. I'll let you ladies know how it goes, tho. BTW, I have tried my own milk. I tried some that I froze after I warmed it up, and it was sweet and very smooth texture.. lol. Well, I think that's everything. Hope you're all well. <3

Char: yes, a man could nurse a baby! It´s the same kind of milk, actually mother´s milk is produced by the amount of the baby´s sucking (lots of stimulation will produce more milk, that´s why its best not to use a pacifier if you want to breastfeed) and changes with it´s needs. For instance if the child is coming down with some virus, the mother will produce the antibodies it needs to fight it.
Typically the milk will also be different according to the age of the baby.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon