Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New Noogleberry Padding Solution ... YES!

So, I know I took longer than I had promised on getting this thing figured out, but we had people come into our house and rip out all the duct work and insulation and replace it, which ended up taking 3 weeks instead of 4 days. I not only couldn't work on this, but couldn't pump either. It sucked to say the least. So I apologize for not getting this done sooner. Anyway on to the good news

The new padding works like a dream. I first want to point out that this wouldn't have been possible without my husband whose a gem with inventing things to fix things. This was his idea to start with and I added the silicone.

First things first this is a very easy, very cheap fix. It consist of a 5 foot length of plumbing insulation foam from lowes for 3.98, and two tubes of silicone from walmart for 4.97 each. If someone does not have a caulking gun to use the silicone tubes, then you would need to add in those cost but you can get them for a couple of bucks at lowes or walmart also.

I have tried them out and they don't leave a mark and what was pink was gone within 5 minutes with no sign of pumping. the pink area was not in the area above the breast where the domes have been leaving indents. That looked completely untouched.

I feel pretty confident that indents and red ring marks will be a thing of the past with this padding because it also changes the dynamics of the pressure that usually came along with pumping with the XL cups. There is none now. The only sensation you will feel is the tug on the breast to whatever degree you decide to pump them. You cannot feel any pressure on the upper chest or ribs. It lets the pumping only center on the pressure tug of the breast.

This will also help those that have problems with getting suction or holding it due to the width of the XL cups. The foam used is 3/4 of an inch thick. it does compress some on the inside of the cup when you pump, but it was a breeze to get them pumped, no loss of suction when moving around at all and they stayed in place perfectly even while unloading my dishwasher. I will first post a picture of the finished product, then post a reply with the details of putting them together and more pictures.

Hugs, Mel

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In order to make this padding you will need to get the plumbing foam insulation from a hardware store. It's cheap and comes in 5 foot sections. It also is presplit down the side so you won't have to worry about cutting the slit for the rims to sit down inside and it had a preglued inside with a plastic cover that will help you stick it to the cups. You will find it in the plumbing section sometimes on the same isle as the camping tape and other insulation products depending on how they organize their store.

You will need to fit it around the rim to get an idea of where to cut it. It's best to not cut too much and slowly slice away the excess little by little until they meet nicely. Don't panic if it doesn't fit perfectly, you can fill it in with the silicone and still get your suction. And with the foam being 5 foot you do have extra for a do over.

Once you have it cut to your satisfaction you will leave the foam on the rings and while holding it in place, begin to fill it pretty heavy under the rim inside the foam so that you can see the silicone rising up on both the inside and outside of the rim . I only filled mine half full inside the foam to start with so it could dry well. I then took a piece of regular scotch tape and taped a piece over where the two ends of the foam met to hold it while it dries. It could hold on it's own in about 3 hours. I let that dry overnight, then the next day removed the plastic from the preglued edges that are on the foam and finished filling the inside of the foam to cover the rim top . I then pressed the edge against the cup inside and out. If the foam edge doesn't stick firmly to the cup don't worry, just fill it in with silicone. I used my finger and applied it heavily to each edge to hold it firmly to the cup and to seal it. After doing that I used my finger and applied a very thin coat to the entire foam ring. I only did this to ensure my lotion not messing up the foam, but it might not be required. A thin coat takes a couple of hours to dry, so I did the bottom first and sat them propped up upside down to dry, then flipped them over and did the sides and the top. I let them dry for another 24 hours before using them. So you are looking at roughly two days of drying time, from start to finish.

Here is a picture of the foam that was left over from this project so you will have an idea of what it looks like

And last of all, for anyone that may not have used a caulking gn before I am posting pics so you will know what to look for.

Anyway, good luck to anyone that wants to try this. I hope it works as fantastic for you as it has for me. It's a little slice of noogleberry heaven as far as I'm concerned.

Mel

wow Mel, you should post this over on the noogleberry forum as well I'm sure plenty of the ladies would love to see this!

oh also, I was wondering... with the insulation being so thick and also adding more thickness with the silicone... is it making your breasts further apart when you pump? I tie my XL domes together when I pump to make sure I'm getting better cleavage. My breasts use to be further apart and I hated it. Please let us know if the width of this foam causes any problems with that.

I just finished posting this on noogleberry as well. As for your question, I haven't noticed it changing how far apart my breast are as of yet. when I put my bra back on there's plenty of swelling and lots of cleavage. I think it will take longer using it to really be able to sayfor sure, but I don't think it's much more further apart than using the foam pads you can get from noogleberry for the larges.

It's possible if someone wanted them closer together that after it has dried, they could shave off a small spot on one side of each of them and use only silicone to seal the spots. That would knock off the thickness of the foam. If it didn't work, you can scrap the whole thing off and redo it. that's one great thing with silicone. It seems to be holding really good, but it's rather easy to remove if you decide to.

Mel

I don't use the foam rings from noogleberry, I bought them with my mediums when I first ordered and tried them but hated them, I thought they made the domes too far apart for my taste and they also made me break out in a rash. The way I put the campers tape on doesn't effect how close they go together though. And the past 3 times I pumped I took the campers tape off completely and the red rings went away in an hour and it didn't hurt my ribs or anything, and no indentations, so hmmm maybe I'm use to the XL's now?

sorry for all lowercase letters but had to switch to my phone for this post. so anastsia i was thinking about what you said and now i'm really excited as i thought of an idea for this design based on my original suggestion of shaving some foam off. if one were to shave the foam off on one side of each of the cups to the point u could see oe almost see a small portion of rim, having such a flat surface of foam from shaving them would be perfect for connecting them to each other by then glueing the 2 flat sections to each other. then for added support so the weight wouldn't pull them apart one could use the thin rubber strips that r used in rehabilitation center to exercise with and wrap it around the two foam bases and tie to hold. those rubber strips won't slide around or move off of foam. it would then be a complete padding solution that would be permanent unless someone chose to get rid of it. what do you think? mel

sounds good, except maybe they wouldn't fit right unless angled right because our chests aren't exactly perfectly flat, but I'm sure once it's done it can be angled right to be used on the chest.

I wanted to clear up one thing about the insulation tubing. It turns out there are two types and they are both black. The one I used is the super soft stuff that has a rubber texture outter shell. I've found a better pic of it online that will let you see what I'm talking about in case you look for it online. If you see some that the outside looks like foam just like the inside it is harder stuff and feels like those swimming noodles kids use in the pool. It definately wouldn't feel good.

One of the brand names that makes the stuff needed for this is armaflex. I saw some on ebay and some on google shopping.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon