Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Are these herbs going to make me produce breast milk?

Hey all,

So I'm kind of confused about the effect that galactogogue herbs like fenugreek and fennel are going to have on my body. They're mainly marketed as herbs to help new mothers produce more breast milk, and somewhere I read that this would be an undesirable for women not looking to do that.

Basically I just want to know if it's going to cause me to have milk in my boobs and if that's what the "growth" is going to end up being.

have you given birth or breastfed before? I would imagine that increases the risks of re-lactating. If you haven't breastfed/birthed before, then the chances that you will produce milk is probably less. There are some women who adopt and are able to produce milk for the adopted child, but from what i've read it is a lot of work, using herbs, some types of prescriptions, breastfeeding the baby and pumping a lot and even then they normally don't make more than 20% of a babies needs.

HTH

(26-04-2010, 12:43 AM)hourglasswannabe Wrote:  They're mainly marketed as herbs to help new mothers produce more breast milk,

If you're a new mother too the herbs will likely have that effect on you. Nobody who's not a new mother seems to be reporting experience of that effect.

You´d need a different kind of stimulation - mostly around the nipples - to produce milk, like the suction motion by a baby. The massages used to increase growth are done on the larger part of the breast.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon